Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content
  • CRYPTO REWARDS!

    Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A lawsuit before the Federation to demand “dissolving Parliament” and “holding new elections.”


Recommended Posts

A lawsuit before the Federation to demand “dissolving Parliament” and “holding new elections.”
 

Baghdad - people  

The legal expert and former legal inspector of the Ministry of Interior, Jamal Al-Asadi, announced, on Sunday, that he had filed a lawsuit before the Federal Court, to demand “the dissolution of Parliament” and “the holding of new elections.”  

  

 

Al-Asadi said in a blog post, followed by "Nas" (May 29, 2022), "Today, we and a group of brothers filed a lawsuit before the Federal Court to demand the dissolution of the House of Representatives as a result of its breach of its constitutional obligations."  

  

He pointed out that "one of the requests is to oblige the President of the Republic and the Prime Minister to set a date for the elections to the House of Representatives for the fifth session, and to issue a republican decree to that effect during the year 2022." 

 

 

  

  

  

  

me_ga.php?id=37191  

  

 

In addition, the head of the Awareness Movement, Salah Al-Arbawi, announced the names of the applicants calling for the “dissolution of Parliament”:

 

  

me_ga.php?id=37197

  • Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

“Nass” publishes the text of the lawsuit submitted to the Federation for “dissolving Parliament” and “holding new elections.”
 

Baghdad - people  

On Sunday, "Nass" publishes the text of the lawsuit filed by a number of political and legal figures before the Federal Court, calling for "dissolving Parliament" and "holding new elections."    

 

  

The lawsuit included, "obligating the President of the Republic and the Prime Minister to set a date for the House of Representatives elections for the fifth session and to issue a republican decree to that effect during the year 2022."   

  

me_ga.php?id=37202

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lawsuit before the Federal Court to dissolve the House of Representatives

political |   05:40 - 29/05/2022

 
image
 
 

 

Baghdad - Mawazine News
, the head of the awareness movement, Sabah Al-Arbawi, announced the filing of a lawsuit before the Federal Court to dissolve the House of Representatives.
Al-Arbawi said in a tweet via Twitter: "Today, we and a group of brothers filed a lawsuit before the Federal Court to demand the dissolution of the House of Representatives as a result of violating its constitutional obligations.
One of the requests is: -
Obliging the President of the Republic and the Prime Minister to set a date for the elections of the House of Representatives for the fifth session and to issue the republican decree to that within a year. 2022. Ended 29 / h

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A legal expert shows the fate of the lawsuit filed before the Federal Council regarding the dissolution of Parliament

political |   12:58 - 30/05/2022

 
image
 
 

 

Special- Mawazine News
Legal expert Ali Al-Tamimi explained, on Monday, the legal aspects of the possibility of dissolving the House of Representatives.

Al-Tamimi told "Mawazine News", "According to Article 64, Parliament is dissolved either at the request of a third of the members, and approval of the request is by a majority, or at the request of the President of the Republic and the approval of the majority of members of the House of Representatives as well."

And he continued, "The dissolution of Parliament through the Federal Court is restricted, as the court transmits the request to Parliament for not interfering with the matter in accordance with what was decreed in the Constitution and was in accordance with the opinion of the judiciary."

The head of the awareness movement, Sabah Al-Arabawi, announced, on Sunday, the filing of a lawsuit before the Federal Court to dissolve the House of Representatives. Ended 29/N33

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 2022-05-29 11:41
 

 

Shafaq News/ The head of the Political Thinking Center, Ihsan Al-Shammari, said on Sunday that the idea of filing a lawsuit with the Federal Court (the highest judicial authority in Iraq), to dissolve the Parliament, came through a consensus of visions and ideas among an elite of specialists in political affairs with a patriotic spirit that does not party.

Al-Shammari told Shafaq News Agency, "The goal of filing the lawsuit came for the purpose of finding an effective and advanced elite in the matter of political decision, because the monopoly of political decision by traditional parties is not correct, and from here this trend was launched, in other words, there must be an act outside the framework of traditional parties.

He explained that "the political blockage is one of the most important reasons that called for this trend, as state institutions and the country's supreme interests were disrupted, along with the interests of the people in general, and all of this was not taken into account by the political parties, in addition to the failure to complete the benefits related to the election of the President of the Republic and the government."

Al-Shammari indicated that "the reasons referred to prompted the complaint to the Federal Court against the Presidency of Parliament, specifically for the purpose of dissolving the Parliament," noting that "the complaint submitted, based on constitutional and legal texts, concerns the dissolution of Parliament, and the complaint or lawsuit was registered by number (132 / federal /). 22).

The head of the Political Thinking Center said, "Dissolving Parliament is the best, because keeping the situation as it is means chaos, and in the end, the goal is to preserve the concept of the state in Iraq and end political chaos," adding: "Political forces are bound by constitutional timings and did not adhere to them, and it is usually The traditional forces do not care about such lawsuits, but there is great reliance on the judiciary to interact with the lawsuit.”

Al-Shammari added, "Even if the political forces form the government, another group of patriots will challenge the legitimacy of the next government before the Federal Court, given that the timings are over and we have entered a constitutional vacuum."

He concluded by saying: "We expect the Federal Court to set a date for the hearing regarding the lawsuit that we filed today before the court," noting that "those who filed the lawsuit are more than 12 national figures."

And a number of Iraqi politicians, earlier today, filed a lawsuit against the three presidencies (the republic, ministers and parliament), demanding the Federal Supreme Court, to dissolve the House of Representatives.

  • Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fascinating, it took protests and blood in the streets last time to do this. It’s a sophisticated development to get this done by legal action alone. But, they might spontaneously combust into civil war at any moment. It will be fun to watch how this plays out.

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exactly horse soldier.  Maliki is propagating chaos through all his cronies and people he is paying off.   He’s an agent if Iran but he won’t succeed.  This is much bigger than him and Iran.    

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 Baghdad: Muhannad Abd al-Wahhab 
 
Deputies stated that Parliament is studying options for passing laws that serve the Iraqi people, away from waiting for the formation of the government and the selection of the president of the republic, while the latter's file is awaiting resolution in an expanded meeting of the Kurdish parties.
A member of the "Save the Homeland" coalition, Ahmed Mazhar al-Jubouri, told "Al-Sabah": "The alliances are still on hold, and there is nothing new in light of the political blockage, and the dialogues are frozen, and we have begun in Parliament to study options for passing laws without waiting for the formation of the government."
And he indicated that "if the problem is to dissolve Parliament, we are ready for the constitutional text, and the parliament must dissolve itself, and thus represent the will of the Iraqis, and when there are real popular demands, we are ready to go in this direction."
Al-Jubouri pointed out that "the (Save a Homeland) coalition was determined from the first moment to achieve a national project that differs from the old projects, or we start with an initiative that there will be a majority government plus a constructive and not destructive national opposition." On one side, there is no problem, because it aspires to be a political project and not an electoral project for the president of the republic or the formation of the government. 
For his part, the representative of the "Sovereignty" coalition, Adnan al-Juhaishi, pointed out that "the general situation of the Iraqi political scene does not bear more conflicts and political stubbornness, and the position of the President of the Republic and the Prime Minister must be resolved," noting that "all initiatives are positive, but depends on the extent to which they are accepted by the party." The other one needs adjustments and overcoming difficulties.” Meanwhile, the Kurdistan Democratic Party announced, on Monday, an upcoming meeting that includes all Kurdish parties to decide the candidate for the presidency of the republic.
The party's deputy, Shirwan Al-Dobardani, said in a statement to Al-Iraqiya news channel: "The Democratic Party is still sticking to the candidate (Reber Ahmed) for the position of President of the Republic," noting that "an expected meeting will be held soon between the two Kurdish parties and the rest of the other Kurdish political parties to come up with one candidate." for the Presidency of the Republic.
KDP MP Sharif Suleiman revealed that the "political blockage" in Iraq would soon end, and indicated that "there are negotiations, understandings and meetings between the Patriotic Union and the Kurdistan Democratic Party, to reach solutions to differences, and the atmosphere is positive to overcome the stage of disagreement and elect the President of the Republic."
  • Haha 2
  • Pow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn't this a bit like putting the horse, uh er... Camel before the Cart ? Anyway, whenever they do get around to forming a government ( lol ) wont they just argue and bicker that all these passed laws are no good because they had no input and well U know the rest.

Lets create a bigger FUBAR than the one we already have by passing laws before we have a government ??? WT Heck are these people smoking ???

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, horsesoldier said:

Isn't this a bit like putting the horse, uh er... Camel before the Cart ? Anyway, whenever they do get around to forming a government ( lol ) wont they just argue and bicker that all these passed laws are no good because they had no input and well U know the rest.

Lets create a bigger FUBAR than the one we already have by passing laws before we have a government ??? WT Heck are these people smoking ???

 

Camel dung. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Pow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 2022-05-31 01:45
 

Shafaq News/ An informed source said, on Tuesday, that the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, supports the option of dissolving the parliament and going to early elections in light of the continuing political impasse in the country.

The source told Shafaq News Agency, "Al-Sadr informed political parties that with the move towards dissolving Parliament and heading towards new early elections and not forming any government with the Shiite coordination framework."

The source, who asked not to be named, added that this option "has become a vigorous issue within the political corridors, with the political deadlock remaining."

On Sunday, a number of Iraqi politicians filed a lawsuit against the three presidencies (the republic, ministers and parliament), demanding the Federal Supreme Court (the highest judicial authority in Iraq), to dissolve the parliament.

The political scene is living in a crisis situation and a dead end so far, in light of the adherence of the tripartite alliance "Save the Homeland", which includes the Sadrist movement, the Kurdistan Democratic Party and the Alliance of Sovereignty to the government of the national majority, in contrast to the adherence of the coordination framework that includes Shiite forces and their allies to form a coalition government.

On the tenth of last October, Iraq held early legislative elections to get out of a political crisis that swept the country after large demonstrations in the central and southern regions in 2019 in protest against the widespread unemployment in society, the spread of financial and administrative corruption in government departments and institutions, and the deteriorating reality The service and the livelihood, which prompted the former prime minister, Adel Abdul-Mahdi, to resign under popular pressure.

As soon as the preliminary results of the elections were announced, the voices of political forces and actors rose in their rejection of losing many seats, accusing them of major fraud in the ballot, which was denied by the executive and judicial authorities, at a time when the United Nations and international organizations praised the integrity of the electoral process.

  • Haha 2
  • Pow! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm almost lost for words here...it's all been said before by so many folks in DV.

A FUBAR/SNAFU of the most Epically idiotic magnitude. Those citizens must be pulling their hair out, as well as cleaning their weapons right about now.

Sadr doesn't have nearly the power that he thought he had. This impasse shows everyone how broken things are in Iraq...and Iran must be loving it!

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, yota691 said:

This so reminds me of the saying, what the definition of insanity is…

Hey Al-Sadr, Iraq just had early elections. What are you trying to do go 2 out of 3….

I’m waiting for yota to post the articles about how these new elections are going to be any different from the one last year. 
It’s obvious to me they don’t intend to form a government anytime soon and why should they? Hey everyone that is anyone is getting rich off of 115 dollar oil prices….

  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The option to dissolve parliament is back

Wednesday 01 June 2022 94The option to dissolve parliament is back

 
 Baghdad: Muhannad Abd al-Wahhab 
 
Talk has returned once again to the option of going towards dissolving Parliament and calling for new early elections, amid the continuing blockage, stubbornness and lack of agreement between the political blocs and the paralysis that afflicted the state and its constitutional institutions, especially the original government, while observers and politicians stated that this cannot continue indefinitely. The situation and the survival of the current caretaker government are restricted in powers and unable to face the great challenges the country is going through.
State of Law MP, Alia Nassif, said in an interview with "Al-Sabah": "If the election of the President of the Republic and the formation of the government is not completed, we must go to the option of dissolving Parliament." It is governed by the decision of the Federal Court and an internal system, and it criticizes any action it takes, so if this obstruction remains, let us go to the dissolution of the House of Representatives.” 
She added that "there is a call to the Federal Court to challenge the legitimacy of the House of Representatives and call for its dissolution because it violated the decisions of the Federal Court, or that it was unable to complete the vote on the President of the Republic in order to end the government's work and choose a new government."
For his part, the representative of the Kurdistan Islamic Union Parliamentary Bloc, Jamal Kougar, said in an interview with "Al-Sabah", that "the party held many meetings with the forces of the coordinating framework, the tripartite alliance, independents, some ministries, embassies, the Federal Court and the Supreme Judicial Council, and the party delegation's tour was to Baghdad inclusive. 
He added, "The tour aimed at three main goals: to see the latest developments in the political arena, exchange views, and give our own view on some files, whether they are the work of the Presidency of the Republic, the work of the government, or some decisions of the Federal Court." And he stated that "the Kurdistan Islamic Union supports any rapprochement, whether it is Kurdish-Kurdish, Shiite-Shiite or Sunni-Sunni. Likewise, if it is Arab-Kurdish or Sunni-Shiite-Kurd, then we are with consensus because this country is destined for it to proceed only by consensus in the light of different groups and in light of the intersection The interests of countries within this land, and there is no doubt that without consensus there will be a civil war,” as he put it. 
In turn, the political analyst, Dr. Talib Muhammad Karim, said in an interview with "Al-Sabah", that "with the formation of the new distorted political body, even solutions have become distorted and unachievable in practice, and therefore what is going on regarding the dissolution of the House of Representatives is very difficult; two paragraphs are noted. Article 64 specifies that an agreement is reached with the President of the Republic or the Prime Minister, and a request for this is submitted or through the House of Representatives, and therefore the House of Representatives will not dissolve itself.
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, yota691 said:

The option to dissolve parliament is back

Wednesday 01 June 2022 94The option to dissolve parliament is back

 
 Baghdad: Muhannad Abd al-Wahhab 
 
Talk has returned once again to the option of going towards dissolving Parliament and calling for new early elections, amid the continuing blockage, stubbornness and lack of agreement between the political blocs and the paralysis that afflicted the state and its constitutional institutions, especially the original government, while observers and politicians stated that this cannot continue indefinitely. The situation and the survival of the current caretaker government are restricted in powers and unable to face the great challenges the country is going through.
State of Law MP, Alia Nassif, said in an interview with "Al-Sabah": "If the election of the President of the Republic and the formation of the government is not completed, we must go to the option of dissolving Parliament." It is governed by the decision of the Federal Court and an internal system, and it criticizes any action it takes, so if this obstruction remains, let us go to the dissolution of the House of Representatives.” 
She added that "there is a call to the Federal Court to challenge the legitimacy of the House of Representatives and call for its dissolution because it violated the decisions of the Federal Court, or that it was unable to complete the vote on the President of the Republic in order to end the government's work and choose a new government."
For his part, the representative of the Kurdistan Islamic Union Parliamentary Bloc, Jamal Kougar, said in an interview with "Al-Sabah", that "the party held many meetings with the forces of the coordinating framework, the tripartite alliance, independents, some ministries, embassies, the Federal Court and the Supreme Judicial Council, and the party delegation's tour was to Baghdad inclusive. 
He added, "The tour aimed at three main goals: to see the latest developments in the political arena, exchange views, and give our own view on some files, whether they are the work of the Presidency of the Republic, the work of the government, or some decisions of the Federal Court." And he stated that "the Kurdistan Islamic Union supports any rapprochement, whether it is Kurdish-Kurdish, Shiite-Shiite or Sunni-Sunni. Likewise, if it is Arab-Kurdish or Sunni-Shiite-Kurd, then we are with consensus because this country is destined for it to proceed only by consensus in the light of different groups and in light of the intersection The interests of countries within this land, and there is no doubt that without consensus there will be a civil war,” as he put it. 
In turn, the political analyst, Dr. Talib Muhammad Karim, said in an interview with "Al-Sabah", that "with the formation of the new distorted political body, even solutions have become distorted and unachievable in practice, and therefore what is going on regarding the dissolution of the House of Representatives is very difficult; two paragraphs are noted. Article 64 specifies that an agreement is reached with the President of the Republic or the Prime Minister, and a request for this is submitted or through the House of Representatives, and therefore the House of Representatives will not dissolve itself.

 

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH….  Mailiki at it again.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its been 8 months since the last elections and still no seated government. If the Supreme Court decides to dissolve parliament and go to new elections, forget about an RV at least till 2024. If we are lucky.!

 

The Iraqi soap opera continues.

  • Thanks 2
  • Pow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

Its been 8 months since the last elections and still no seated government. If the Supreme Court decides to dissolve parliament and go to new elections, forget about an RV at least till 2024. If we are lucky.!

 

The Iraqi soap opera continues.

 

The law suit was submitted last week and still no word.  Hopefully this is good.  Maybe waiting for the GoI to get things done sooner than later.   

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

Its been 8 months since the last elections and still no seated government. If the Supreme Court decides to dissolve parliament and go to new elections, forget about an RV at least till 2024. If we are lucky.!

 

The Iraqi soap opera continues.

wont succeed al smoke and mirrors....BS

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2022 at 8:45 AM, ametad said:

Fascinating, it took protests and blood in the streets last time to do this. It’s a sophisticated development to get this done by legal action alone. But, they might spontaneously combust into civil war at any moment. It will be fun to watch how this plays out.

Just a historical fact. I don't think this is going to be fun playing this out. We are beyond sequels or the next act.

This soap opera is going to get real!!

Civil war is inevitable if middle management.IE special forces (spiritual, governmental or clandestine doesn't step up..

Go WHITE HATS! 

I ain't no prophet just not a fan of repetition.

That goes for everywhere. 

Just a question which goes first. 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, yota691 said:

The option to dissolve parliament is back

Wednesday 01 June 2022 94The option to dissolve parliament is back

 
 Baghdad: Muhannad Abd al-Wahhab 
 
Talk has returned once again to the option of going towards dissolving Parliament and calling for new early elections, amid the continuing blockage, stubbornness and lack of agreement between the political blocs and the paralysis that afflicted the state and its constitutional institutions, especially the original government, while observers and politicians stated that this cannot continue indefinitely. The situation and the survival of the current caretaker government are restricted in powers and unable to face the great challenges the country is going through.
State of Law MP, Alia Nassif, said in an interview with "Al-Sabah": "If the election of the President of the Republic and the formation of the government is not completed, we must go to the option of dissolving Parliament." It is governed by the decision of the Federal Court and an internal system, and it criticizes any action it takes, so if this obstruction remains, let us go to the dissolution of the House of Representatives.” 
She added that "there is a call to the Federal Court to challenge the legitimacy of the House of Representatives and call for its dissolution because it violated the decisions of the Federal Court, or that it was unable to complete the vote on the President of the Republic in order to end the government's work and choose a new government."
For his part, the representative of the Kurdistan Islamic Union Parliamentary Bloc, Jamal Kougar, said in an interview with "Al-Sabah", that "the party held many meetings with the forces of the coordinating framework, the tripartite alliance, independents, some ministries, embassies, the Federal Court and the Supreme Judicial Council, and the party delegation's tour was to Baghdad inclusive. 
He added, "The tour aimed at three main goals: to see the latest developments in the political arena, exchange views, and give our own view on some files, whether they are the work of the Presidency of the Republic, the work of the government, or some decisions of the Federal Court." And he stated that "the Kurdistan Islamic Union supports any rapprochement, whether it is Kurdish-Kurdish, Shiite-Shiite or Sunni-Sunni. Likewise, if it is Arab-Kurdish or Sunni-Shiite-Kurd, then we are with consensus because this country is destined for it to proceed only by consensus in the light of different groups and in light of the intersection The interests of countries within this land, and there is no doubt that without consensus there will be a civil war,” as he put it. 
In turn, the political analyst, Dr. Talib Muhammad Karim, said in an interview with "Al-Sabah", that "with the formation of the new distorted political body, even solutions have become distorted and unachievable in practice, and therefore what is going on regarding the dissolution of the House of Representatives is very difficult; two paragraphs are noted. Article 64 specifies that an agreement is reached with the President of the Republic or the Prime Minister, and a request for this is submitted or through the House of Representatives, and therefore the House of Representatives will not dissolve itself.

Oh Please God!! Hear our prayers!!

  • Pow! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's all bargaining. Don't worry about it. They are in it, for themselves. When time is right, they'll do it. It's not about me or you. They don't care about us, or even their own people. Might take pitchforks, who knows? Let them sort it out. Have a beer. Relax. It' gonna be fine. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, yota691 said:

and calling for new early elections

Well yea. That would be another option. However, doing new election costs a fortune, does iraqi government really have a lot of monies to do a new election?? Cause they can't even pay debts to iran even they have billion of dollars from oil revenues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.