Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI News 11/08/2017

yota691

12 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Looks like there could be some "artificial bands" applied where 119 IQD = 1 USD is the lower band and 10 IQD = 1 USD is the upper band with limited amounts of IQD traded for USD or other foreign currency to stabilize the IQD values over a comprehensive range of platforms.

Just my opinion and :twocents:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

Thanks, Synopsis.

When you say ".....with limited amounts of IQD traded for USD....." are you thinking that at .10 they will only let us exchange a little at a time?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Thanks, Synopsis.

When you say ".....with limited amounts of IQD traded for USD....." are you thinking that at .10 they will only let us exchange a little at a time?

Hi Floridian and The Best Of Your Day To You! :tiphat:

Pure speculation on my part to try to understand the meaning of the CBI statement and the implications. The content of what they are saying seems to implicate there are real time activities going on behind the scene with IQD transactions to USD and other foreign currencies (and vice versa) since early August 2017. Iraq is currently in a closed economy with a local, and not international, currency (the IQD) so far....................................

Due to the noted modernizations having been applied in the other statements in the CBI attachments, I am surmising there needs to be a fully understood response to a new international currency (IQD) being introduced on the various exchange platforms. So, the IQD exchanges to USD and foreign currency (and vice versa) is being done on a limited basis to stabilize the exchanges with their subsequent exchange rate values on all the platforms. Like before the speculative investors holding IQD will be able to exchange to another currency other than the IQD.

What is different now from any other time in world history is the IQD was in a Prehistoric/Stone Age valuation and exchange through the Saddam Hussein era and up until now. I suspect the IQD is totally different now from any other time in the IQD history.

As such the 119/10 band that appears to be noted in the CBI statement is an attempt to bound the exchanges going on behind the scenes until the exchange rates stabilize with a limited amount of IQD traded to USD or other foreign currencies (and vice versa). Whether or not the IQD will go public at 10 IQD = 1 USD remains to be scene but I suspect whenever the IQD is traded internationally, it will need to have a stable exchange rate to other currencies like all other currencies traded electronically to date to prevent wild electronic trading to hyper inflate or hyper deflate the IQD rate and/or force other foreign currency exchange rates out of control. This alone would throw the world wide financial systems into chaos. So, a deliberate and small step wise introduction of the IQD internationally is likely in order. The IQD could stabilize at a value at 10 IQD = 1 USD when speculative investors like us convert after the IQD international exchange goes public or it could be different (like the old glory value of 1 IQD = 3.22 USD???!!! I dunno.).

So, again, pure speculation on my part and my :twocents: to try to make sense of it all and attempt to accurately interpret what is actually being said in the CBI attachment and all the other Iraqlish news articles.

Please let me know if my explanation of my view is jibberish or makes any semblance of sense. I am just trying to share my perspective.

Go Moola Nova!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9

Is this okay to do? If not please delete this... I know it's just a rumor but it goes along with what we are talking about here. Mountain Goat just posted that her CBI contacts told her we are in the final stages of a rate change and she believes it will happen in Jan. 

Edited by Rmc10
  • Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, Rmc10 said:

Is this okay to do? If not please delete this... I know it's just a rumor but it goes along with what we are talking about here. Mountain Goat just posted that her CBI contacts told her we are in the final stages of a rate change and she believes it will happen in Jan. 

I'll meet ya over the Rumor section later tonight with some tequila shots ready, while hoping for the best :cheesehead::praying:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, Rmc10 said:

A lot of folks here in the news section have been speculating that the rate change will be happening in January for a variety of reasons. January works just fine for me!     

:crossedfingers:

• Upvote 8

36 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Hi Floridian and The Best Of Your Day To You! :tiphat:

Pure speculation on my part to try to understand the meaning of the CBI statement and the implications. The content of what they are saying seems to implicate there are real time activities going on behind the scene with IQD transactions to USD and other foreign currencies (and vice versa) since early August 2017. Iraq is currently in a closed economy with a local, and not international, currency (the IQD) so far....................................

Due to the noted modernizations having been applied in the other statements in the CBI attachments, I am surmising there needs to be a fully understood response to a new international currency (IQD) being introduced on the various exchange platforms. So, the IQD exchanges to USD and foreign currency (and vice versa) is being done on a limited basis to stabilize the exchanges with their subsequent exchange rate values on all the platforms. Like before the speculative investors holding IQD will be able to exchange to another currency other than the IQD.

What is different now from any other time in world history is the IQD was in a Prehistoric/Stone Age valuation and exchange through the Saddam Hussein era and up until now. I suspect the IQD is totally different now from any other time in the IQD history.

As such the 119/10 band that appears to be noted in the CBI statement is an attempt to bound the exchanges going on behind the scenes until the exchange rates stabilize with a limited amount of IQD traded to USD or other foreign currencies (and vice versa). Whether or not the IQD will go public at 10 IQD = 1 USD remains to be scene but I suspect whenever the IQD is traded internationally, it will need to have a stable exchange rate to other currencies like all other currencies traded electronically to date to prevent wild electronic trading to hyper inflate or hyper deflate the IQD rate and/or force other foreign currency exchange rates out of control. This alone would throw the world wide financial systems into chaos. So, a deliberate and small step wise introduction of the IQD internationally is likely in order. The IQD could stabilize at a value at 10 IQD = 1 USD when speculative investors like us convert after the IQD international exchange goes public or it could be different (like the old glory value of 1 IQD = 3.22 USD???!!! I dunno.).

So, again, pure speculation on my part and my :twocents: to try to make sense of it all and attempt to accurately interpret what is actually being said in the CBI attachment and all the other Iraqlish news articles.

Please let me know if my explanation of my view is jibberish or makes any semblance of sense. I am just trying to share my perspective.

Go Moola Nova!

Synopsis,

Thank you, so much, for your reply.  Both your reasoning and explanations are terrific!  It all makes perfect sense to me.

Now, the next thing I'm wondering is this:

If it does come out low, say 10 cents, will it be raised by demand for the currency?  Is that how it would work?  If so, would it go up quickly as investors see Iraq's potential (free float)? 

Or would the CBI have a managed float?

I'm thinking, in the case of a "managed float", we will NOT be allowed to make a killing in this investment as I think we will only have 2 years to exchange our dinars.  I believe the 10-year exchange timeframe is for governments, not us.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Rmc10 said:

I believe it will happen in January too, as that is the beginning of Iraq's fiscal year. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

38 minutes ago, Rmc10 said:

And January will become Feb... and so-on. The goal post is forever moving.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

3427.jpg
Logo of the Central Bank of Iraq

Economy News Baghdad:

The Central Bank will hold its third annual conference next month under the title of the role of the Central Bank of Iraq in achieving financial and economic stability.

A source in the Central Bank of Iraq, "The Economist News", "The Central Bank will be held on the ninth and tenth of Decembernext year's third annual conference under the auspices of the governor Ali Alalak," adding that "the conference will discuss the sustainability of public debt and financial stability in Iraq and achieve the process of inclusion The performance of banks and mechanisms to stimulate the financial sector through monetary policy tools and highlight the financial merit of the banking sector.

He pointed out that "the conference aims to strengthen the relationship between the tools of monetary policy and macroeconomic variables and strengthen the role of the financial sector."

"The conference also seeks to create an interactive meeting between officials of monetary policy, academics and researchers to determine the mechanisms that monetary policy can adopt in achieving its objectives," noting that "among the goals of the conference to achieve the strategy of the Central Bank."

Views 106   Date Added 07/11/2017

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, skeetdog said:

Thanks Yota...I just lubs me some 'Synopsis'...It appears to be some adjustments and growing procedures related to the prospective value concerning the dinar's standard in the 'international' markets.....

:twothumbs: SkeetDog and the Best Of Your Day To You! :tiphat:

21 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Synopsis,

Thank you, so much, for your reply.  Both your reasoning and explanations are terrific!  It all makes perfect sense to me.

:twothumbs: Floridian! Hey, I'm no different than anybody else! :lol:

:o       :o       :o

24 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Now, the next thing I'm wondering is this:

If it does come out low, say 10 cents, will it be raised by demand for the currency?  Is that how it would work?  If so, would it go up quickly as investors see Iraq's potential (free float)? 

Or would the CBI have a managed float?

I'm thinking, in the case of a "managed float", we will NOT be allowed to make a killing in this investment as I think we will only have 2 years to exchange our dinars.  I believe the 10-year exchange timeframe is for governments, not us.

Maybe try this............................

http://www.wingclips.com/movie-clips/the-bourne-identity/you-just-asked-for-it

The referenced precious people are by far better to be completely freed to express themselves and operate unrestricted so they are fully appreciated instead of compelled to perform.

So, OK......................................................................................

Are You absolutely certain You need to talk at the "Man In Charge" or would You much rather speak with the "Woman Who Really KNOWS" "What IS Really Going ON"???!!!

These precious, precious people are actually situationally and interpersonally aware and have far, far more value than whatever I have to offer.

So, OK.....................................................................................

Maybe You would like to speak with one (or more) of those precious, precious people than to talk at me.

So (of course).......................................................................

Go Moola Nova!

• Like 1

I didn't neg you Novice. Just so you know. ♡ We've been in this so long it's hard to believe that Iraq will ever pull the trigger so I understand how you feel but I still have hope it will be "soon" and not Iraqi "soon". :)

Edited by Rmc10
  • Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Rmc10 said:

If it does happen in January I'm going to buy a Bitcoin or 2. Bitcoin went up almost $1000 in 1 weeks time. ♡

exactly rmc, and the institutional money has not even hit the crypto market yet, up to this point they have no way to hedge but that is soon to change imo , so still time now for the average joe to have success and now back to our regular scheduled programing ... cheers  

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

:twothumbs: SkeetDog and the Best Of Your Day To You! :tiphat:

:twothumbs: Floridian! Hey, I'm no different than anybody else! :lol:

Maybe try this............................

http://www.wingclips.com/movie-clips/the-bourne-identity/you-just-asked-for-it

The referenced precious people are by far better to be completely freed to express themselves and operate unrestricted so they are fully appreciated instead of compelled to perform.

So, OK......................................................................................

Are You absolutely certain You need to talk at the "Man In Charge" or would You much rather speak with the "Woman Who Really KNOWS" "What IS Really Going ON"???!!!

These precious, precious people are actually situationally and interpersonally aware and have far, far more value than whatever I have to offer.

So, OK.....................................................................................

Maybe You would like to speak with one (or more) of those precious, precious people than to talk at me.

So (of course).......................................................................

Go Moola Nova!

Okay, Synopsis, I get it that nobody knows what's coming.  I just thought you might like to hazard a guess and have a discussion.  

Thanks anyway.  :)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DinarDavo said:

"Earth to Delta..................Earth to Delta..........Come back Delta".

Should have a complete translation coming forth SOON....

At The Moment He’s Attending The Blue Couch Summit And Translating The Bumps On Frank’s Head ! :blink: 

:D  :D  :D 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Okay, Synopsis, I get it that nobody knows what's coming.  I just thought you might like to hazard a guess and have a discussion.  

Thanks anyway.  :)

:twothumbs: Floridian! I was just trying to artistically and eloquently illustrate that I just dunno!

Well, OK, I was trying to simultaneously "Practice Random Kindness AND Senseless Acts Of Beauty" in an entertaining sort of way (with all kinds of very, very serious acknowledgements for my part!!!) to take the edge off of the extreme wait anxiety we all are having!

Looks like an Epic Fail (again) on my part!

The Best Of Your Day To You, Floridian and All DV!!! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

... to take the edge off of the extreme wait anxiety we all are having!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I have been having anxiety about this for a little while seeing all this banking news for months... :)

Edited by Rmc10
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rmc10 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I have been having anxiety about this for a little while seeing all this banking news for months... :)

:twothumbs: Thank You, RMC10! You just knocked a little off my "Epic" Fail!

Oh, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!

The Best Of Your Day To You, RMC10!!! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

:backflip:       :backflip:       :backflip:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rmc10 said:

I didn't neg you Novice. Just so you know. ♡ We've been in this so long it's hard to believe that Iraq will ever pull the trigger so I understand how you feel but I still have hope it will be "soon" and not Iraqi "soon". :)

Thats ok Rmc10.. yes it has been a long journey and I like most here want to be something positive happen and "soon".. spare a thought for the citizens of Iraq and  how they will feel when they finally have purchasing power..

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Thats ok Rmc10.. yes it has been a long journey and I like most here want to be something positive happen and "soon".. spare a thought for the citizens of Iraq and  how they will feel when they finally have purchasing power..

Well said LDG. Boy we, as in you and I have come along way since those initial confrontational days have we not ?

Have a great day big fella, pretty soon I hope the only trucks you will deal with are the ones bringing new baby furniture to your house.  :)

pp

• Upvote 3

I am looking forward to the day this is wrapped up. I think if it does come out low (.10) just per demand will drive it's value up.  There is a ton of people out there that are smarter than I am on this stuff.  I would not think they would be investing in this heavily if they did not see this moving closer to 1 to 1 unless GOI pegs it and I do not see that happening.  

• Upvote 7

The main reason I think this is going to wrap up soon is that all the big wigs and bankers are meeting with them in December and Laid Back and others have said that banks won't do much of anything with anyone unless they will see a profit close to fruition.

Edited by Rmc10
  • Upvote 4