Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Pentagon ditches onerous rules of engagement, gives Mosul troops quicker firepower access

bigwave

Iraqi forces and U.S. coalition troops are no longer burdened by strict rules of engagement, which some say have turned firepower requests into bureaucratic nightmares.

U.S. Army Lt. Col. James Browning, commander of 2nd Battalion, 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, recently spoke with reporters about a Dec. 26 directive that streamlined the process of delivering aid. The order, attributed to U.S. Army Lt. Gen. Stephen Townsend, was confirmed on Thursday by Air Force Col. John Dorrian, the U.S.-led coalition’s spokesman.

In this Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017 photo, U.S. Army soldiers stand outside their armored vehicle on a joint base with Iraqi army south of Mosul, Iraq. As Iraqi forces push into western Mosul coalition troops are closer to frontline fighting than ever before. Coalition forces have moved their bases closer to the front, relaxed their rules of engagement and during the push on Mosul airport coalition advisors were embedded with forward Iraqi rapid response and special forces units. Coalition officials say the change is helping speed up Iraqi military gains, but it marks a steady escalation of U.S. involvement in Iraq that could undermine the sustainability of Iraq's territorial victories. (AP Photo/ Khalid Mohammed)

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/24/pentagon-ditches-onerous-rules-of-engagement-in-ir/

• Upvote 8

Thanks Obama for making our Boys look bad,, you where and always will be a Loser, Now we have some reals Balls in the White House, we will get things done Nice to see a Man that cant be Bought by the Highest bidder,This is the start next we should see article 8, Hcl, and  :praying:  RV  

• Upvote 9

I have never been in the Military.  My Daughter currently serves in the Navy.  Thank you to all Veterans that read this, for your service.  And I sincerely mean it.

How come so many people have been so STUPID over the last many years to put so many restrictions on our people who are in the fight???  How many of our men and women have been killed due to these restrictions?  It literally makes me sick.  Thank God somebody has finally seen the BS and removed it!  That's why so many of us voted for Trump.  We want to see something different.  The comment about Trump not owing anyone is spot on and I'm happy about it.

Go get 'em Donald.  Fire the whole damn bunch of them.......................from life.

• Upvote 8

28 minutes ago, DWitte said:

I have never been in the Military.  My Daughter currently serves in the Navy.  Thank you to all Veterans that read this, for your service.  And I sincerely mean it.

How come so many people have been so STUPID over the last many years to put so many restrictions on our people who are in the fight???  How many of our men and women have been killed due to these restrictions?  It literally makes me sick.  Thank God somebody has finally seen the BS and removed it!  That's why so many of us voted for Trump.  We want to see something different.  The comment about Trump not owing anyone is spot on and I'm happy about it.

Go get 'em Donald.  Fire the whole damn bunch of them.......................from life.

The Lib/Progressive/Political Correctness has been (sadly) slowly creeping into the Military for decades. Heaven forbid we'd upset folks who want us dead, by firing first to protect ourselves against imminent threat. No more of this crap of - - - " STOP ! or yell STOP again "  :rulez:  :bs:

Upsets civilians at their Breakfast and gives Bureaucrats headaches when comes time to create warbling excuses as to why our combat troops would do the unthinkable - shame on us, huh.

Trump is about as Hawkish a POTUS as we have had since Reagan . . . Obama was/is a laughing stock to our enemies

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

Trump tells Mr. Mad Dog...clean up the evil in the world....here is a blank check to make it happen!!!!

You don't know them until you've walked in their boots.

SG,  100% in agreement....:D  This is not a good time to be an enemy of the U.S.A. & our allies.....The Gloves are officially off and all HELL and BOMBS will coming raining down on ya....:ph34r:.......KILL THEM ALL JUST LIKE THEY KILLED INNOCENT MEN, WOMEN & CHILDREN.   No mercy should be spared for these ISIS cockroaches. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, tigergorzow said:

SG,  100% in agreement....:D  This is not a good time to be an enemy of the U.S.A. & our allies.....The Gloves are officially off and all HELL and BOMBS will coming raining down on ya....:ph34r:.......KILL THEM ALL JUST LIKE THEY KILLED INNOCENT MEN, WOMEN & CHILDREN.   No mercy should be spared for these ISIS cockroaches. 

you got it friend.....I believe there is more evil out there than just daesh....Ii also believe that they are on Mr Mad Dog;s radar as well.

You said it purrrr fectly

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Just caught Dogs of War last week. Looking for a little Wild Geese. 

I know of 2 Wild Geese movies ( Richard Burton is in the original - it's probably been 20 years since I've seen that flick ). . . It's the Best One . . . IMHO.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, DWitte said:

And a great big thanks to your daughter for her service!! I'm married to a Navy vet myself, he served during Vietnam. 

• Upvote 1