Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kuwaiti Foreign Minister: We searched all the areas of cooperation between Iraq and Kuwait

yota691

6 hours ago, DoD said:

10 Years Later, you need to come out and visit me in Vegas. You've been in the Dinar (14 years) before the USA invaded Baghdad so maybe you could give me a little insight on the craps and card tables...lol 

I'ma a few hours away from ya . . . aint nuthin' but a thang to get to Vegas. I just noticed I Fat Fingered the numbers. Should read 13 years ( My Bad ) - Early next year will mark 14 years - " Close enuff for Gubmint work " :tiphat::wave:

4 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Did someone say 

SUDDENLY 

Heck, my sanity was gone long before I bought dinar :lmao:at least that is what everyone who knows me keeps telling me. 

I wonder how they will all think of me when this thing pops. Uh huh, bet I know the answer to that one. 

"Can I borrow some money kind sir? I will gladly repay you on Tuesday!"  :D

• Upvote 2

From DV archives JUNE 29, 2013...always thought Chapter 7 was incomplete...

Information Minister Salman Al-Hamoud al-Sabah: Iraq did not come out of Chapter VII fully and there are still pending issues, including the issues of the Kuwaiti missing persons and property

JUNE 29, 2013

Kuwait - Eastern June 29: The Minister of Kuwaiti media Salman Hamoud morning that the file of compensation owed by Iraq of Kuwait is still under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations-Sabah said in his statements that the survival of some of the files under Chapter VII does not mean that Kuwait has any concerns towards its northern neighbor, pointing to the existence of a mechanism under the auspices of the United Nations to follow up the payment of compensation amounting to around $ 11 billion from his part, Undersecretary of the Kuwaiti Foreign Ministry Khaled Al-Jarallah that for missing persons and property was handled by international coordinator under the provisions of Chapter VII and now holds the job UNAMI in Iraq .

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, yota691 said:

From DV archives JUNE 29, 2013...always thought Chapter 7 was incomplete...

Information Minister Salman Al-Hamoud al-Sabah: Iraq did not come out of Chapter VII fully and there are still pending issues, including the issues of the Kuwaiti missing persons and property

JUNE 29, 2013

Kuwait - Eastern June 29: The Minister of Kuwaiti media Salman Hamoud morning that the file of compensation owed by Iraq of Kuwait is still under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations-Sabah said in his statements that the survival of some of the files under Chapter VII does not mean that Kuwait has any concerns towards its northern neighbor, pointing to the existence of a mechanism under the auspices of the United Nations to follow up the payment of compensation amounting to around $ 11 billion from his part, Undersecretary of the Kuwaiti Foreign Ministry Khaled Al-Jarallah that for missing persons and property was handled by international coordinator under the provisions of Chapter VII and now holds the job UNAMI in Iraq .

I was wondering. Thanks for bringing this back to our attention. 

• Upvote 4

These are couple headlines in KUNA News Agency which at the moment states are unavailable...This site is hard to locate articles and copy and paste...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Deputy Foreign Minister of Kuwait confirms receiving new information from Iraq on the missing file                                                 Iraq .. was left of the obligations of the seventh item only Kuwaiti  reparations

• Upvote 3

Yes!  Getting COMPLETELY out from under chapter 7 is a sign that there is an "expedited" agenda in the works!  Without any news on finishing this off for gosh knows how long, suddenly, the last two items appear in the last week of their fiscal year.   

To quote a line from 2001, A Space Odyssey........"Something wonderful is about to happen."

(Or was that 2010?)

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, fnbplanet said:

Yes!  Getting COMPLETELY out from under chapter 7 is a sign that there is an "expedited" agenda in the works!  Without any news on finishing this off for gosh knows how long, suddenly, the last two items appear in the last week of their fiscal year.   

To quote a line from 2001, A Space Odyssey........"Something wonderful is about to happen."

(Or was that 2010?)

fnbplanet Agree, Something is in the works and it seems all parties deadline is nlt 31 Dec 2016 IMHO.   Keep it moving and git er done!!

Edited by tigergorzow
  • Upvote 3

23 hours ago, newbieDA said:

I am actually on here every day, I read a lot on here, but I have to admit, I was lost and did not know what was going on anymore. I am a list kind of person.

Hear you on this.  I wish I had a list of what had to be accomplished before an RV. Other than that just keeping an eye out for my friends.  

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, ChuckFinley said:

Hear you on this.  I wish I had a list of what had to be accomplished before an RV. Other than that just keeping an eye out for my friends.  

Well, know we know they have to settle with Kuwait and then they are out of Chapter 7 and then go "International", which we have been looking for. So everything is going according to plan.

Reinternational Banking Relations

Reintegration into Global Financial System

Internationally Accepted Currency

WTO - World Trade Organization

IMF - Move to Article VIII

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, fnbplanet said:

(Or was that 2010?)

2010 -no matter - a Wonderful film !

2001 - " I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over."  [ Hal 9000 speaking to Dave as he's being deactivated ]

There's been a few times on this ride where I could have used that " stress pill. "

• Upvote 1

Here one of those articles from above... Al-Jarallah receives new info on missing persons 27/12/2016  BAGHDAD, Dec 27 (KUNA) - Kuwait's Deputy Foreign Minister Khaled Al-Jarallah said on Tuesday that Iraqi authorities have provided him with new information regarding missing Kuwaiti persons, adding that Baghdad "prioritizes this tragic humanitarian issue."  Al-Jarallah made this statement in a meeting of senior officials, in preparation for the sixth session of the joint Kuwaiti-Iraqi Higher Ministerial Committee due on Wednesday.  Moreover, he noted that he was told by the Iraqi Foreign Ministry's Undersecretary for Legal Affairs Omar Al-Barzangi of "new information on the issue of Kuwaiti missing persons." The Kuwaiti Deputy Foreign Minister did not disclose the new facts, which he described as a "glimmer of light at the end of a dark tunnel."  "We urge you to remedy this humanitarian issue that has greatly distressed all Kuwaitis," he added.  He also noted that both nations have mended fences with only a few issues that need to be sorted out.

• Upvote 3

Thanks Yota!  Exactly what I was thinking would pop up next.  Sounds like Iraq has been sitting on some (or all) of this info, waiting for just the right moment to release it.  While holding this back from them has been quite dastardly, IMHO, I wonder if they have enough to get them over the hump with the Kuwaitis.

Even if they released enough this minute, I somehow doubt that the UN will be able to meet before NYE, nothing scheduled.  My thinking is that if Iraq were able to convince Kuwait with what they are asking for and that they were "off the hook" for their sins, they would have Kuwait contact the UN and say so.  The UN, in turn, could then give assurances of their impending official blessing through back channels.  This would then put Iraq onto their own agenda timing for whatever is coming.

"Something wonderful is about to happen."

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, newbieDA said:

Well, know we know they have to settle with Kuwait and then they are out of Chapter 7 and then go "International", which we have been looking for. So everything is going according to plan.

Reinternational Banking Relations

Reintegration into Global Financial System

Internationally Accepted Currency

WTO - World Trade Organization

IMF - Move to Article VIII

newbieDA, Agree....We are moving towards the finish line and will know in short order.  

DV,  Stay 100% positive!!

• Upvote 3

30571.jpg?width=400&height=300&crop=auto&watermark=wmada1,wmada2

Kuwaiti Foreign Minister

Author: 
Editor: 
28/12/2016 17:01 
Number of Views: 1988

Long-Presse / Baghdad

Said Kuwaiti Foreign Minister Khalid Al-Hamad Al-Sabah on Wednesday signed an agreement with Iraq in four vital areas between the two countries, and while pointing to discuss the issue of facilitating the entry of Iraqis of Kuwait and the face of terrorism in his talks with Iraqi Foreign Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari, said that for his country a major role in the withdrawal of Iraq of Chapter VII.

He said Kuwaiti Foreign Minister Khalid Al-Hamad Al-Sabah told a joint news conference with his Iraqi counterpart, Ibrahim al-Jaafari at the Rashid Hotel in central Baghdad and attended (range Press), said that "for your brothers in Kuwait a major role in Iraq out of Chapter VII."

The Kuwaiti minister added, "We signed a joint agreement between Iraq and Kuwait included the four files in the airspaces, economic, security and cultural."

The morning "his country's support for Iraq," noting that "the talks included all areas of cooperation between Iraq and Kuwait, including the issue of facilitating the entry of Iraqis of Kuwait and to support Iraq in a matter of Chapter VII and confront terrorism through Kuwait's participation in the international coalition against terrorism."

The Kuwaiti minister said that "the Gulf countries represented diplomatically in Iraq is keen on its relationship with Iraq and its security and stability because it is part of the security of the region and its presence in the international coalition comes as part of the keenness on the stability of the country."

• Upvote 3

Ya know Master Yota, this last one got me to thinking. I remember back when we all thought that Iraq was getting out of ch 7 that the CBI was expected to RV/RI the dinar immediately thereafter. But as everyone knows that did not happen. Now we see that technically Iraq was not fully released from Ch 7. Is it probable that what we are seeing with these news articles now the completion of what we all were expecting so many yrs ago? And that now we will see the CBI do something wonderful? 

• Upvote 6

Kuwaiti official: No problems on the border with Iraq fields

Kuwaiti Deputy Foreign Minister Khaled Al - Jarallah revealed the upcoming meetings with the Iraqi side to discuss border demarcation details, denying the existence of any problematic about the oil fields or natural resources on the border.

He praised Al - Jarallah, in a Thursday statement, the results of the recent visit of First Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sabah Al - Khalid to Iraq and confirmed the success of the visit , by all standards, as reflected the depth of relations between Kuwait and Iraq , and Kuwait 's keenness on supporting and stability of Iraq.

He added that there are several topics discussed in the framework of bilateral relations, we have been discussing the subject of border markers, maps , and complete. 

He explained that the signing of the Convention on the organization of air traffic and strengthen this movement would help to conduct commercial flights between Baghdad and Kuwait in the near term.

And on the reconstruction of the Conference of Mosul in the post "Daesh", he confirmed that he has already been talking with the Iraqi side about the possibility of receiving Kuwait of the Conference of Donors for the reconstruction of Mosul, adding that what is needed now Iraqis prepare to imagine a specific vision for this conference and through which support Iraq , stressing that the Iraqi side promised to provide such a mechanism in the near future to Kuwait to discuss it. 

The ministers of the Iraqi and Kuwaiti oil, announced after talks they held last Wednesday, that Kuwait will import quantities of Iraqi gas, up to 5 million cubic meters per day. 
Was quoted by Kuwait News Agency , Iraqi Oil Minister  Abdul - Jabbar Luaibi as  saying that this project would happen soon. 

• Upvote 6