Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Dinar Lacks Stability Against Foreign Currencies, And Continuous Complaint !

DinarThug

CNN. Broadcasting While Leaning Against The Bar For Stability !

(by walkingstick)

Iraqi dinar lacks stability against foreign currencies, and continuous complaint

See economists from Iraq and the owners of money exchange shops in Erbil / Irbil central capital of Iraqi Kurdistan market, that the Iraqi dinar live in a state of chaos and instability before the US dizziness and other foreign currencies.

Instability

Yousef Qasim shop owner in exchange howler ARA News reported that «the dollar on Thursday, the price of the sale of 1310 Iraqi dinars and 1,300 dinars to buy», adding that «the dinar has seen a slight improvement compared to what it was several months ago, but it is not stable».

Yusuf added that «the general unstable situation in Iraq has led to the decline of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar and other foreign currencies as well as increased demand for the dollar and dealing in Iraq and the Kurdistan region.»

The weakness of sovereignty

Saw Gaber Abdel Rahman, an economist based Iraqi howler, in his interview for ARA News that «the main reason for the loss of value of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar is the weakness of Iraqi sovereignty and the intervention of foreign countries in the Iraqi economy with Iraq's non-interest in the stock exchange and monitoring of global markets».

Abdul Rahman also stressed that «when any country begin to deal in foreign currency on the basic currency account in their markets will inevitably be the fate of the collapse of its currency to its lowest level», adding that «Iraq under the cover debt and neighboring foreign countries».

This was the Iraqi Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi said in an earlier statement to him «The increase in dollar remittances to outside Iraq and the unstable political situation, increase the demand for foreign currencies and invoking the US dollar exchange rate against the Iraqi currency» .

http://aranews.org/2016/12/%D8.....%A7%D9%85/

• Upvote 11

Dollar policy of cheap, subsidized hurt domestic product

Date: December 9, 2016

He attributed the academic banking at Mustansiriya University School of Management and Economics Maitham Laibi "reasons for the high rates of import in Iraq to use cheap dollar policy backed.

Returned this policy through his writing through his wall in Facebook "One of the reasons that support their supporters say, it helps to enter the median cheap imported kits, which could encourage investors to increase production, but that it did not happen.

Stressing at the same time that "the value of the dollar hard and cheap contributed to raising the standard of living of individuals, and contributed to the previous compensation savings, which reached negative ranges, as it

http://neniraq.com/%D8%B3%D9%8.....%84%D9%85/

• Upvote 8

well , they seem too know what the problem rest on !   they depend on the dollar , in all parts of daily activity it seems ...  from other post or news seems like they switch , the dollar for dinar , too shop !  or they use the cash credit card for purchases ...   get that dinar over the 000.000 mark in the black  , let Iraq get the feel of ,purchase power again...   dr. shabib  , must still have good connections in all aspects of the cash banking world , for  him too say  "  will take 3 days  too complete  the banking , and dinar  problems ...   time will tell , 

• Upvote 5

Thank You, DinarThug, for posting these and all the other great articles!

For some unknown reason(s), the original article strikes me in an odd way ever since I first read the article this morning.

Here are some excerpts from the first article, "See economists from Iraq and the owners of money exchange shops in Erbil / Irbil central capital of Iraqi Kurdistan market, that the Iraqi dinar live in a state of chaos and instability before the US dizziness and other foreign currencies."

And

"Yusuf added that «the general unstable situation in Iraq has led to the decline of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar and other foreign currencies as well as increased demand for the dollar and dealing in Iraq and the Kurdistan region."

And

"The weakness of sovereignty

Saw Gaber Abdel Rahman, an economist based Iraqi howler, in his interview for ARA News that «the main reason for the loss of value of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar is the weakness of Iraqi sovereignty and the intervention of foreign countries in the Iraqi economy with Iraq's non-interest in the stock exchange and monitoring of global markets»."

And

"This was the Iraqi Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi said in an earlier statement to him «The increase in dollar remittances to outside Iraq and the unstable political situation, increase the demand for foreign currencies and invoking the US dollar exchange rate against the Iraqi currency» ."

Here is a link to the Kurdistan Governorates:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kurdistan_governorates_2015.png 

The Governorates within the Kurdistan region are shown as Dohuk, Erbil, Sulaymaniyah, and Halabja that are in the north and northeast of Iraq and border (maybe a little of Syria), Turkey and Iran.  The Kirkuk Governorate is nestled under and in between the Erbil and Sulaymaniyah Governates.  The Nineveh Governorate (where Mosul is) is under the Dohuk Governorate and to the west of the Erbil Governorate.  The cities of Mosul and Erbil are nominally forty miles apart.

OK, so some economist says the money exchange shops in Erbil are in some turmoil with the exchange of (I am assuming) the Iraqi dinar to US or other foreign currencies.  So why would this be a problem?  Could it be that the Iraqi Dinar is drying up there?  Could it be that some folks from the Nineveh Governorate (where Mosul is) no longer have a means for converting the IQD to USD or other foreign currency?

So, the decline is both in Iraq and the Kurdistan region.  OK.  Are the Iraqi dinars drying up in all of Iraq as well as the Kurdistan region?  Are those involved in exchanging Iraqi Dinar on the streets for USD and other foreign currencies now going out of business?   Hmmmm............. Makes me wonder.

Well, the Iraqi Sovereignty is weak with ISIS still fighting battles and holding ground in Mosul and likely a few other pockets of Northern/Western Iraq not to mention uninvited foreign countries (troops) like Turkey and Iran running around on Iraqi soil.  Hopefully this is limited to areas previously occupied by ISIS and is on the dramatic decline.  Time will tell and other news articles will have to indicate.  Looks like the uninvited foreign troops is linked to the Iraqi economy, Iraq's non interest in the stock exchange, and monitoring of global markets.  My hunch has been that when ISIS is announced as defeated and the foreign troops (from Turkey and Iran) have gotten the boot from Iraq is when the coast is clear will be given and foreign investment will flood Iraq.

Hmmmm....... The "Iraqi Central Bank Governor" Sinan al-Shabibi said the increase in dollar remittances outside Iraq and the unstable political situation increase the demand for foreign currencies.  So, is Dr. Shabibi the acting Iraqi Central Bank Governor now or is this referencing a statement made by Dr. Shabibi before the proxy Governor Ali al-Alaaq was installed?

I know this has been stated before but if the dollar remittances to outside of Iraq are stopped and the political situation stabilizes, will Dr. Shabibi invoke a significantly different exchange rate against the Iraqi Dinar?  Why in the world would this article be printed now?  Is there some truth to it?  Is Dr. Shabibi now the acting CBI Governor?

By drying up the IQD on the streets (in my opinion), there may be little left of the IQD on the streets and the USD is likely the predominant currency.  Since the USD is more universal and the IQD is a local currency with no international value (and less perceived value overall to the Iraqis - i.e. dollarizing has reached a peak or near peak), the Iraqi internal focus may be to use the USD by far for any currency transactions for goods.  The terrorists (ISIS especially) may no longer have IQD to exchange for USD and find it increasingly difficult to get USD for international transactions to fund their operations.

I can not by any means answer to the affirmative to any of the last questions.  I am just offering my uneasiness (could be in a good way) about the article and my :twocents:

Edited by Synopsis
  • Upvote 6

7 hours ago, DinarThug said:

Only 15 Shopping Days Left Until Christmas - And 41 Days Until Obama Leaves Office ! :o

:D   :D   :D

it would be wonderful if it could be before O leaves office in 41 day.. A nice parting  gift.. But I wake up  and realise that I have been dreaming  about Iraq and am bought back to reality by remembering that Iraq works at its own pace.. 

Nice thought though ..

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Laid Back said:

iraq is ten times richest than Kuwait 

Thanks DT....Great comparison observation....

2 hours ago, Synopsis said:

y drying up the IQD on the streets (in my opinion), there may be little left of the IQD on the streets and the USD is likely the predominant currency.  Since the USD is more universal and the IQD is a local currency with no international value (and less perceived value overall to the Iraqis - i.e. dollarizing has reached a peak or near peak), the Iraqi internal focus may be to use the USD by far for any currency transactions for goods.  The terrorists (ISIS especially) may no longer have IQD to exchange for USD and find it increasingly difficult to get USD for international transactions to fund their operations.

.....This seems to be exactly what and where Iraq wants the dinar inside the country...IMO, Iraq doesn't care about dinar outside the country as deals have been arranged with outside countries to place the dinar in each country's reserve and not flood the market when the dinar does revalve...Iraq's main concern is the dinar inside the country and the mass difference of wealth the Iraqi citizen will draw from Iraq's working capital...The longer Iraq can holdout and dry-up the dinar inside the country the less Iraq will have to foot-the-bill when the dinar is brought up to its true value...In reality, the worse place to be holding dinar at this time would be inside of Iraq...As in America, the best place for foreign investors safe-haven is America...if you're not a US citizen....unless you've got a OSI with a Nevada Corporation.....JMHO, that's all playing to our advantage....    

• Upvote 3

I see this happening any day between now, and 2017 just going to leave it at that...

Reason being, all this hype right now... and everyone thinking 2017 or later... might as well swing it now...bases have been loaded crowd has been waiting peacefully protesting....

Let's go iraq

Edited by Officiallytook
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, skeetdog said:

.....This seems to be exactly what and where Iraq wants the dinar inside the country...IMO, Iraq doesn't care about dinar outside the country as deals have been arranged with outside countries to place the dinar in each country's reserve and not flood the market when the dinar does revalve...Iraq's main concern is the dinar inside the country and the mass difference of wealth the Iraqi citizen will draw from Iraq's working capital...The longer Iraq can holdout and dry-up the dinar inside the country the less Iraq will have to foot-the-bill when the dinar is brought up to its true value...In reality, the worse place to be holding dinar at this time would be inside of Iraq...As in America, the best place for foreign investors safe-haven is America...if you're not a US citizen....unless you've got a OSI with a Nevada Corporation.....JMHO, that's all playing to our advantage....    

I agree, SkeetDog!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, skeetdog said:

Good point Skeetdog,

That's why the CBI is so worried about the Chunky Cash inside the country.!

Dollarize... RV... Dedollarize.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, siberian_shaddow said:

I agree Jeepguy, it's like they there just so comfortable using the dollar there almost scared for change. Also wanted to say hope you and your family have great holidays its been awhile since we spoke.

thanks  Siberian -shadow ,   hope you have a great  holiday  season ,  also !   and  may  your  stockings by the fire place  that contain lots of dinar ,  not catch fire , as being too close too the  fire !  :o   ^_^

• Upvote 3