Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary Energy Pass Exclude Oil And Gas Law During The Current Stage !

DinarThug

17 hours ago, Laid Back said:

The new oil minister was very positive about the HCA becoming HCL. The federal government and Erbil too.

This could be misinformation before the BIG event or this means we have to wait a little longer.

Go HCL 

Go RV

Go cashing 

I tend to agree here with you Laid Back, I suspect as we move closer to these major laws being passed we will see more "mis information"  Nothing new here, it's all part of the     media show we must endure. Tiring yes, but stomach it we must......... :soon:

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

I tend to agree here with you Laid Back, I suspect as we move closer to these major laws being passed we will see more "mis information"  Nothing new here, it's all part of the     media show we must endure. Tiring yes, but stomach it we must......... :soon:

:bravo::angry::rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Wiljor said:

I know all three of us have written or discussed this before. I believe that we have a good shot at getting this done by the end of the year.  I try to step back from these single topic post to see what is happening overall.  This new Oil Minister is really getting thing stright and the banking system is doing everything it can to draw up the Chunky Money. They are not going to announce that they are going to RV. Everyone on the planet would be buying dinar. They have to make it look like being a third world country would be a dramatic improvement and that the Dinar was the biggest scam ever. Banking institutions, countries, and international business would not be pumping money and setting up shop if this was a waste of time or a big scam.  

• Upvote 9

On Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 5:18 PM, Bama Girl said:

As a friend of mine ,who is also in this investment, advised me years ago, "pay no attention to what Iraq "is going to do", only to what they "have done". Lot less stressful. 😏

Easier to read too...as these idiots haven't done a whole lot, other than steal from the poor citizens and take lots of out-of-country vacations.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChuckFinley said:

I know all three of us have written or discussed this before. I believe that we have a good shot at getting this done by the end of the year.  I try to step back from these single topic post to see what is happening overall.  This new Oil Minister is really getting thing stright and the banking system is doing everything it can to draw up the Chunky Money. They are not going to announce that they are going to RV. Everyone on the planet would be buying dinar. They have to make it look like being a third world country would be a dramatic improvement and that the Dinar was the biggest scam ever. Banking institutions, countries, and international business would not be pumping money and setting up shop if this was a waste of time or a big scam.  

I agree with you, ChuckFinley, as well as Wiljor regarding the misinformation.  Here is a link to a recent article saying they will not raise the value of the dinar against the dollar:

The linked article plainly states, "The committee member said Sarhan Ahmed told all of Iraq [where] that " the central bank has no plans to raise the value of the dinar against the dollar,"

I, like you and Wiljor (and likely many others), think the misinformation is going to be put out there in fairly massive doses just prior to the revaluation to shake off as many speculators as possible.  One possible side thought, if everyone had IQD and the IQD revalued at a significantly high rate, then most of the work force would quit their jobs.  As a result, the economic system would collapse and goods would be scare making the prices sky rocket.  Social mayhem would then likely take over.

I thought I heard that Kuwait had some, what many would consider, bad news in the news media and then, BOOM, Kuwait restored their currency to the pre Saddam invasion level.  I did some internet searches to no avail to find an article that there was a full page New York Times ad saying China was not going to adjust their currency value in the 1990s and then, BOOM, China adjusted their currency value.

• Upvote 6

I'm just curious....

Can anyone provide a LINK to a news article or story regarding ANY time in history where people made money off of a foreign currency exchange like the one we're waiting for?

No story-telling.......just a link showing this kind of thing happening any time in history? 

Thanks! Go RV 

47 minutes ago, climber7 said:

I'm just curious....

Can anyone provide a LINK to a news article or story regarding ANY time in history where people made money off of a foreign currency exchange like the one we're waiting for?

No story-telling.......just a link showing this kind of thing happening any time in history? 

Thanks! Go RV 

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/25/world/after-the-war-no-electricity-but-kuwait-reopens-its-banks.html

Shows that after the war how people could exchange old dinar for the new. 

http://www.gods-kingdom-ministries.net/daily-weblogs/2013/07-2013/ny-times-article-from-1991-reporting-the-revaluation-of-the-kuwaiti-dinar/

I Googled it and came up with the above article. The main thing to remember is if you purchased the Kuwait dinar at the lower price, and turned it in after the war when the price went up to 3.47 then you had to have made money. Many who are currency savvy would have recognized this and jumped all over it. But would they have advertised it? Probably not. 

• Upvote 3

This may help.

NY Times article from 1991 reporting the revaluation of the Kuwaiti dinar 

Jul 19, 2013

When Iraq invaded Kuwait in August of 1990, the value of the Kuwaiti dinar dropped to about 5 cents. In other words, it took 20 Kuwaiti dinars to buy one dollar.

In February of 1991 Iraq was expelled from Kuwait, and a month later, the banks revalued their currency to $3.47, the highest valued currency in the world. When this occurred, the New York Times reported the event on March 25, 1991.

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/25/world/after-the-war-no-electricity-but-kuwait-reopens-its-banks.html

It still has no water and little electricity or food, but Kuwait revived its banking system today, introducing a new currency.

Banks reopened for the first time since Iraqi occupation forces shut them down in December. Thousands of people lined up to exchange their old Kuwaiti dinars for crisp new ones and to withdraw a limited amount of money....

All other old dinars can be exchanged for new ones on a one-to-one rate until May 7, when the old dinars become invalid. The new official exchange rate is 3.47 American dollars for one new Kuwaiti dinar.

At the same time, the UN put Iraq under trade sanctions, crashing the value of the Iraqi dinar (IQD) from $3.22 to about 4000 to the dollar. Their currency could only be spent in Iraq itself, and people had to carry around wads of 25,000 dinar notes to buy groceries.

Then in 2003 coalition forces invaded Iraq and overthrew Saddam Hussein. By 2004 we gave them a new currency without Saddam's picture on it. The value soon doubled and went up to 2000 to the dollar. A few years ago the Central Bank of Iraq managed to stabilize the value at 1166 per dollar.

On June 27, 2013 the UN removed Iraq from Chapter VII sanctions, allowing Iraq to regain control of close to $80 Billion in frozen funds that had been sitting in western banks since 1990. This also allowed Iraq to be reinstated on the world's banking network, as soon as they are ready. At the same time many expect to see the IQD revalued at or near its former position.

• Upvote 14

51 minutes ago, climber7 said:

I'm just curious....

Thanks! Go RV 

I do not have any direct information as requested.  This attached article may be of interest since there appear to be some (limited) elements similar to our adventure.

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/george-soros-bank-of-england.asp

There may be other related articles that can be found on the Internet.  As always, I suggest "Caveat Emptor" regarding what one may find.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

I agree with you, ChuckFinley, as well as Wiljor regarding the misinformation.  Here is a link to a recent article saying they will not raise the value of the dinar against the dollar:

The linked article plainly states, "The committee member said Sarhan Ahmed told all of Iraq [where] that " the central bank has no plans to raise the value of the dinar against the dollar,"

I, like you and Wiljor (and likely many others), think the misinformation is going to be put out there in fairly massive doses just prior to the revaluation to shake off as many speculators as possible.  One possible side thought, if everyone had IQD and the IQD revalued at a significantly high rate, then most of the work force would quit their jobs.  As a result, the economic system would collapse and goods would be scare making the prices sky rocket.  Social mayhem would then likely take over.

I thought I heard that Kuwait had some, what many would consider, bad news in the news media and then, BOOM, Kuwait restored their currency to the pre Saddam invasion level.  I did some internet searches to no avail to find an article that there was a full page New York Times ad saying China was not going to adjust their currency value in the 1990s and then, BOOM, China adjusted their currency value.

The Kuwaiti central bank never changed the value of their dinar.  The street value went down to 10 cents as everyone was fleeing for their life and thought the end was near but the actual rate at the bank never changed

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mammaw said:

http://www.gods-kingdom-ministries.net/daily-weblogs/2013/07-2013/ny-times-article-from-1991-reporting-the-revaluation-of-the-kuwaiti-dinar/

I Googled it and came up with the above article. The main thing to remember is if you purchased the Kuwait dinar at the lower price, and turned it in after the war when the price went up to 3.47 then you had to have made money. Many who are currency savvy would have recognized this and jumped all over it. But would they have advertised it? Probably not. 

MAMMAW!!

Great articles!   Thanks so much--this helps a lot.....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ChuckFinley said:

This may help.

NY Times article from 1991 reporting the revaluation of the Kuwaiti dinar 

Jul 19, 2013

When Iraq invaded Kuwait in August of 1990, the value of the Kuwaiti dinar dropped to about 5 cents. In other words, it took 20 Kuwaiti dinars to buy one dollar.

In February of 1991 Iraq was expelled from Kuwait, and a month later, the banks revalued their currency to $3.47, the highest valued currency in the world. When this occurred, the New York Times reported the event on March 25, 1991.

It still has no water and little electricity or food, but Kuwait revived its banking system today, introducing a new currency.

Banks reopened for the first time since Iraqi occupation forces shut them down in December. Thousands of people lined up to exchange their old Kuwaiti dinars for crisp new ones and to withdraw a limited amount of money....

All other old dinars can be exchanged for new ones on a one-to-one rate until May 7, when the old dinars become invalid. The new official exchange rate is 3.47 American dollars for one new Kuwaiti dinar.

At the same time, the UN put Iraq under trade sanctions, crashing the value of the Iraqi dinar (IQD) from $3.22 to about 4000 to the dollar. Their currency could only be spent in Iraq itself, and people had to carry around wads of 25,000 dinar notes to buy groceries.

Then in 2003 coalition forces invaded Iraq and overthrew Saddam Hussein. By 2004 we gave them a new currency without Saddam's picture on it. The value soon doubled and went up to 2000 to the dollar. A few years ago the Central Bank of Iraq managed to stabilize the value at 1166 per dollar.

On June 27, 2013 the UN removed Iraq from Chapter VII sanctions, allowing Iraq to regain control of close to $80 Billion in frozen funds that had been sitting in western banks since 1990. This also allowed Iraq to be reinstated on the world's banking network, as soon as they are ready. At the same time many expect to see the IQD revalued at or near its former position.

Thanks Chuck!!

Much appreciated! :) 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Mammaw said:

Damn.

I thought the Kuwait thing was a fable

Appreciate the link.

• Upvote 4

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 8:50 PM, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Man oh man you said it ! Holidays & Vacations is right - they can't bolt out the door fast enough when they hear either one of those words - deadbeat bureaucrats. :cowboy2:

You are talking about the people you helped elect to congress, aren't you? This whole thread reminds me of our government, whether you are democrat or republican. No one holds them accountable.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jmcc said:

You are talking about the people you helped elect to congress, aren't you? This whole thread reminds me of our government, whether you are democrat or republican. No one holds them accountable.

In the last 14 years I've worked in remote parts of the world; even though the main office is in the States and some of my time was spent in the Bakken. It just worked out that way.

In the Oil Business you go where and when they send you. The mail moves pretty slow in Mongolia - to name just one location. My vote would't have counted for spit, anyway.

The 2 last POTUS (rigged) election were in the bag for the Interloper in Chief. If you didn't see that coming back in '08 - Greatest Scam ever dealt on the American public. Don't blame me for the weasels in government. If all we're given is SHIITE candidates why would I want to vote that incompetent in ? 

Look up George Carlin's Youtube video of " Why I don't Vote "

• Upvote 4

we need to see more of these articles, stating no hcl at this time, more the better...

I'm sure they know, that we know, that once this hcl is done we're done soon after..

so no their probably not going to tell us we're working on it, we signed it, or we passed it...

other subtle hints, like sumo getting back operational control of the oil funds...

believe DV believe...

• Upvote 5

we need to see more of these articles, stating no hcl at this time, more the better...

I'm sure they know, that we know, that once this hcl is done we're done soon after..

so no their probably not going to tell us we're working on it, we signed it, or we passed it...

other subtle hints, like sumo getting back operational control of the oil funds...

believe DV believe...

• Upvote 4