Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Expert: the exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar will fall more in the coming days by the actions of the Central Bank of effective

yota691

i know it doesnt matter what anyone says about this article, but my friends over seas say that the website this is posted on is a decent website, it isnt known as a great or garbage site. i never thought that iraq would prematurely announce an rv to the world though. time will tell...

After all this time and all these false starts and rumors and innuendo, Shabibi himself could announce it at a press conference with the OilMan and Ali by his side, and not even the most gullible guru followers would believe it until the wire transfers were complete. And maybe not even then.

• Upvote 4

Thanks Yota this is good news! I would like to point out "the next few days" seems to have more steam in it than coming days. Again depending how they mean "next" could mean "This", adding in few, this could mean very soon. Why would they advertise it? Well they do not say how they are going to do it, or when they are going to do it so its still a mystery.

Don't you mean ... misery :huh::blink: ?

• Upvote 1

This sounds more along the lines of what the articles are really saying......the other one posted by Yota seems to have left out some words....

Would make more sense that they are saying the exchange rate will drop MORE within the coming days vs. the dinar will equal the dollar in the coming days.....

This is why it never hurts to post what you find whether it might be related to another article or not....

Thanks....

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

This sounds more along the lines of what the articles are really saying......the other one posted by Yota seems to have left out some words....

Would make more sense that they are saying the exchange rate will drop MORE within the coming days vs. the dinar will equal the dollar in the coming days.....

This is why it never hurts to post what you find whether it might be related to another article or not....

Thanks....

ya it kinda sounds like the dollar has fallen and they will be making that adjustment ..so as the dollar falls they will equal out the exchange rate accordingly ..heck the dollar has fallen 50% over the last 2 years .. to bad china ties their currency to the dollar .. they are losing out badly too on the debt we owe them .. they will be lucky to get 50 cents on the dollar

Dont know why people would neg you for stating the obvious.....seems to be a trend with a selective few....

KeepM for some reason people just like to neg you without a counter or as much as a KICK IN THE BUTTOCKS reply... I've always liked your insight on the Dinar. Once again it keeps me level headed. Thanks :D

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

After all this time and all these false starts and rumors and innuendo, Shabibi himself could announce it at a press conference with the OilMan and Ali by his side, and not even the most gullible guru followers would believe it until the wire transfers were complete. And maybe not even then.

I was thinking the exact same thing. It's like the fable "The boy who cried wolf". We'll see, as my mother always said.

I look forward to further articles and I remain positive. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, :D

• Upvote 2

This article has NOTHING to do with an RV.

Take a look at this chart... http://www.cbi.iq/documents/exchange_rates_chart..jpg Do you see what the MARKET PRICE did around the first of the year???? (It actually got weaker as this chart hasn't updated since FEB). The MARKET PRICE got as low as 1330ish to 1 according to articles I read. Shabby has been battling all year trying to get the MARKET PRICE back in line with the AUCTION PRICE. It appears as if he will have it back under control here shortly.

Edited by tetres
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I feel the "coming days" is reference to the release of Chapter 7 being approved by the UN. If we see the release of Chapter 7 I have a feeling the true number of IQD in circulation will be released....,this is how it has always been explained to me. However Biker is correct in that if for some reason Chap 7 sanctions remain we could be in this another year.....fingers crossed! Great post Yota +1

Edited by brandedbabe
  • Upvote 1

If you look at this from a speculators view....you see, oh wow, they are going to raise the rate.

if you look at it from a market standpoint......all their doing is trying to stabilize the fluctuation in the market. nothing new.

They are simply stating they will be bringing the market price, which has been as high as 1300, on par with the actual exchange rate.....which is 1166. Now obviously there is a spread...so being on par would be 1200 or slighly lower around 1180. their goal is and always has been to close the gap. nothing more nothing less

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

If you look at this from a speculators view....you see, oh wow, they are going to raise the rate.

if you look at it from a market standpoint......all their doing is trying to stabilize the fluctuation in the market. nothing new.

They are simply stating they will be bringing the market price, which has been as high as 1300, on par with the actual exchange rate.....which is 1166. Now obviously there is a spread...so being on par would be 1200 or slighly lower around 1180. their goal is and always has been to close the gap. nothing more nothing less

Dead on.

+1

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'm trying to wrap my brain around the whole of this picture to get a sense of what is being said. Can someone who reads better translation than I, explain what the end of the paragraph means, realtive to the first part. I've bolded the parts of the sentences that don't make senes to me relative to the rest of the story and am trying to figure out the context of what is being said.

: confirmed the picture: the decline of the dollar was limited only to demand cash and not remittances, noting that the transfer obtained by the merchant through banks and banking companies circulated at the official rate, The cash demand by citizens through banking offices fell to its dependence on the supply and demand factor.

Appreciate the intelligent analysis of my fellow DV members, and would appreciate it if someone could explain this latter part of the report, with the first part, in figuring out the context of the whole of what's being said..

Thanks!... and have a great week :) This RV is so long overdue.......

• Upvote 3

My understanding is that the fluctuations of the dollar and the dinar in the markets of Iraq didn't affect business transactions which are conducted at the official exchange rate. Those fluctuations were seen in the demand of the citizens for cash at the various banks. The banks were hoarding dollars to drive up the value which led to market depreciation of the dinar in Iraq. The CBI intervened and bought up dinars and pumped more dollars into circulation within Iraq to bring the market value of the dinar back up around the official value. None of this has anything to do with the dinar held by investors outside of Iraq.

• Upvote 3

Well, the website had only had a total of 193 hits on its hit counter when I went there. Clearly not a mainstream website. :)

Could it be an Iraqi Guru's site? Think I'll hold off on buying any more Dinar. :)

Funny now its going to have 1000+ with everyone from here trying to verify and check it out, HAHA we have now turned that site MAINSTREAM!!

:bravo:

Goooooooooooo RV!!!!

Omgoodness 1:1 would so work for me - it would allow me to retire - nicely - maybe no house on the mediterranean, but it would pay mine off and allow me to help out friends.

GO RV!! :lol::goodnews:

I thought we were all friends here. I know you and I are. And special ones at that.

This article has NOTHING to do with an RV.

Take a look at this chart... http://www.cbi.iq/do...ates_chart..jpg Do you see what the MARKET PRICE did around the first of the year???? (It actually got weaker as this chart hasn't updated since FEB). The MARKET PRICE got as low as 1330ish to 1 according to articles I read. Shabby has been battling all year trying to get the MARKET PRICE back in line with the AUCTION PRICE. It appears as if he will have it back under control here shortly.

I wasn't rolling in my Dinars over this article either. They're not going to tell you anything ahead of time. More likely that equal to the Dollar is related to 1165 = 1 Dollar.

• Upvote 1