Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary Economic Committee proposes the sale of crude oil with the dinar the lraqi to support and increase value

Sweetybird

One of the best articles I've read in a long time. If this gets done it will drastically change the rate when this thing pops. I, for one, would be willing to wait a little longer on the RV to see if this works out. After all, I have waited over seven years so what is a few more weeks or even a few more months. Plus one from me.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 6

Hmmm. I never allowed my "rags to riches" fantasy to go that far...but I'm certainly willing to consider that Iraq would not only replace oil production from pariah nations, but require those sales to be in Iraqi Dinar - thereby guaranteeing an increasing demand for their currency. Talk about going international: they are an ambitious lot, considering they can't get a thing done.

• Upvote 2

This may actually be "the plan", but farther down the road, after the new currency has been introduced. One of your best investments after RV may be to NOT cash in (some of it).

We're thinking along the same lines. I plan to "hold em" for a while, unless there's a set time to cash in, of course. I think the potential is worth the additional wait.

We're thinking along the same lines. I plan to "hold em" for a while, unless there's a set time to cash in, of course. I think the potential is worth the additional wait.

My plans exactly, holdin half or more, unless there is a cash in window. :D Go RV!!!!!!! B)

• Upvote 1

An excellent article. If adopted, this would ensure that the IQD would become a globally-accepted currency with it's value reflecting the known and potential oil reserves in Iraq. That could be huge for us speculators and may encourage a "hold-em" strategy after RV.

An excellent article. If adopted, this would ensure that the IQD would become a globally-accepted currency with it's value reflecting the known and potential oil reserves in Iraq. That could be huge for us speculators and may encourage a "hold-em" strategy after RV.

And a "hold 'em" strategy works for them too. The pressure of all speculators cashing all dinars would crush all central banks. Even IF they could afford to go higher, I don't believe they would open with much more than a dollar.

I thought there was an international agreement that all oil must be purchased/traded with the US dollar? Is that not true? Or is there a way around that?

My understanding that is true with OPEC but I believe the contract ends soon. However my understanding is Iraq is a part of OPEC, if they have not changed their minds, they nominated Thamer al-Ghadban as secretary general of OPEC.My link

So it could be Iraq is setting itself into a position, where this could actually happen. This would be a good thing for us. The currency needs to be internationally recognized and an RV would get it there quicker I think. Perhaps this is the debate behind the scenes; RV vs RD.

This may actually be "the plan", but farther down the road, after the new currency has been introduced. One of your best investments after RV may be to NOT cash in (some of it).

I had been planning on cashing about 60-70 percent and waiting for it to go up. As long as there is no window or bounty on our notes. Shoot, it may go up 50-200 percent in a few more years. Hope so at least. :D

Great for the IQD but what could/would/will happen to the USD in this scenario?

KK

i read somewhere that with the use of the USD in oil sales that it actually props up the USD.............if everyone stopped using the USD..................the USD could plummet............GO DINAR
  • Upvote 2

i read somewhere that with the use of the USD in oil sales that it actually props up the USD.............if everyone stopped using the USD..................the USD could plummet............GO DINAR

That is my fear, Papster... Hoping for the rv before that can go into affect. The 37 items thread & survival gear would certainly come in handy.

KK

For Iraq to sale their oil in Iraqi dinars rather than in US dollars want be that simple. Iraq is a member of "OPEC" http://www.opec.org/opec_web/en/about_us/25.htm

" OPEC" only sale their oil in US Dollar. It's called the "Secret Deal" with the Saudis.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Iraq/Iraq_dollar_vs_euro.html

http://www.moneymaker.com/money/oilmoney.htm