Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

May dinar is equal to the dollar!

yota691

I agree - the articles this morning continue to state the deletion of the zeros. There was an article earlier that stated that they are paying the "Sons of Iraq" at a calculated rate of 972 IQD to 1 USD. That would bring the .00086 rate to .001. So someone holding a million dinar would have a value of 1000 USD. If they delete the zeros and make a 25k note a 25 note and go to a 1 - 1 exchange rate a million IQD would still equal 1000 USD. Of course if thats where they start and the value increases over time possibly reaching back to the 3 - 1 ratio of the 80's we can all still make a profit - but I am a little concerned about how this deletion of the zeros is sounding. I am usually very positive and have always believed it would be an RV not a RD but the RD talk is starting to get a little too consistent - someone PLEASE tell me I'm wrong and explain why!?!?!?!?!

Do you write for Saturday Night Live?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When you think about it, we have already discussed this article back in October. I am sure we picked it to pieces, dissected it with the Lopers yelling, "Their gonna cut those zero's off. Its a neutral event. Too bad for you!" I don't see any point to rehash something that has already been rehashed.

Carrello made a good point on another post this morning. They(those who write these articles) need to go to journalist school. They will learn how to write and not cut and paste. If you think about it not only do we have to deal with crazy translations but cut and pastes that have been translated.....no wonder we scratch our heads whenever we read these articles.

• Upvote 1

Gee I was wondering when they would throw in a delete zero's article. Well I guess the debate is still on. Even if it is a recycled article apparently nothing new has come to pass and that is a good thing for us. We want those zero's to stay on for now. But if they insist on lopping zero's they have some on the exchange rate.

I would also add that if someone is new to this investment or Iraqi news on this subject, please do some research about "lifting zeros" prior to making a decision or an ascertion. Either that or bring a helmet.

When you think about it, we have already discussed this article back in October. I am sure we picked it to pieces, dissected it with the Lopers yelling, "Their gonna cut those zero's off. Its a neutral event. Too bad for you!" I don't see any point to rehash something that has already been rehashed.

Carrello made a good point on another post this morning. They(those who write these articles) need to go to journalist school. They will learn how to write and not cut and paste. If you think about it not only do we have to deal with crazy translations but cut and pastes that have been translated.....no wonder we scratch our heads whenever we read these articles.

Good points Zig and Carrello...I got the pot stirred up this morning... :o

I agree - the articles this morning continue to state the deletion of the zeros. There was an article earlier that stated that they are paying the "Sons of Iraq" at a calculated rate of 972 IQD to 1 USD. That would bring the .00086 rate to .001. So someone holding a million dinar would have a value of 1000 USD. If they delete the zeros and make a 25k note a 25 note and go to a 1 - 1 exchange rate a million IQD would still equal 1000 USD. Of course if thats where they start and the value increases over time possibly reaching back to the 3 - 1 ratio of the 80's we can all still make a profit - but I am a little concerned about how this deletion of the zeros is sounding. I am usually very positive and have always believed it would be an RV not a RD but the RD talk is starting to get a little too consistent - someone PLEASE tell me I'm wrong and explain why!?!?!?!?!

Its already RV once an the zero's still remain, it did go from 1170 to 1166

• Upvote 2

The article says " lifting the three zeroes will lead to an exchange rate of one dollar per dinar " there are three zeros on the exchange rate. .00086. Lift the three zeros and you get .86.

I am hoping that is where they take off the 3 zeros too!

To begin with there are more theories than common senses...

and no one knows exactly what will happen until it happens,

one is that there are actually 2 sets of zeros that get removed at the same time,

if they remove the zeros from the currency they need to remove the zeros from the rate to maintain parity:

1.00 USD = 1,165.50 IQD

US Dollar Iraqi Dinar

1 USD = 1,165.50 IQD

1 IQD = 0.000858001 USD

25 January 2012 06:32am

if 1000 gets made into 1 iqd

then

.000858001gets made into .86 usd (if they round up the value)

this method maintains parity in the conversion, but no-one knows if this is what will happen, there are clues in the statements that the Iraqi News Articles post, but even they are in conflict from week to week!

HERE ARE THE TWO sides of the story.....

1st the Economists side... The Economists say that the delete the zeros method will lead to higher inflation: http://revalue.us/go/31tSTpK

2nd the Central Banks side... The Central bank says the delete the zeros leads to easier transactions and a stronger currency: http://revalue.us/go/31tSSpx

But for the 2 currencies to operate side by side for a duration of time... somehow they need to be equalized to make the transition easy for the citizens...

When shabibi stated that he wanted the IQD to be the strongest currency in the Middle East(being a Banker) you could translate that into the most stable and durable, or to the highests value... it is a double edged sword!

Stay positive!

DrC

I would also add that if someone is new to this investment or Iraqi news on this subject, please do some research about "lifting zeros" prior to making a decision or an ascertion. Either that or bring a helmet.

The lopsters come out on the weekends...they do not do the research enough to understand the possibilities of what deleting the zeros mean. They take any recycled article and think its the end of the world.

We already saw the article yesterday that things happen behind the scenes and that these articles are here to confuse us.

Lopsters...learn how to debate the right way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good morning Carrello, hold the fort down I got to go round up some lopsters... :lol::lol: ...no really i got to go get ready for a big BBQ... :rolleyes: .....seriously I've got to step out and do some honey does....but I like all this crazy talk this morning...see yea....SOON

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

***////

The "Lopster Pot'...? :lol:

(I'm going to jump over to the other thread and watch Family Guy's Dancing 'Iraq Lopster' again,

helps me from getting frightened by the Lopsters coming out of hiding for the weekend!) :P

:lol::lol::lol: ..you crack us up Sarge... :lol::lol::lol:

I got to go before skillet comes out......just kidding........thanks everyone for watching my back this morning...

Don't go Stryker Don't go !!!!! Just kidding :D Carrello, Zig, Redsand and Yota will keep the lopsters busy, but hurry back :D

You think they will let us have a lopster bake in the Penthouse ????

I'll be back I promise.......

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 2

The article says " lifting the three zeroes will lead to an exchange rate of one dollar per dinar " there are three zeros on the exchange rate. .00086. Lift the three zeros and you get .86.

with all the articles ive read in the past i personally have concluded...the new dinars will have the zeros deleted off the currency .. and if you want one of those new dinars you will need to put out 1000 old dinars in the exchange for one new dinar ..so if the exchange were even they would neither gain or lose during the exchange ..so why bother exchanging ..so they must increase the value somewhat ... if the exchange took place right now at sat 1160 dinars per dollar for a new dinar at 1000 dinars per dollars their would be a 15 percent to exchange the old for the new ..so for every 100 dollars worth of old dinars you will recieve 115 dollars worth of new dinars ..so it will be increasing the value of the dinar .. so if you are working for 3000 old dinars per hour right now you will in the future be working for 3 new dinars per hour ...

i dont know how many articles ive read that said the exchange rate would be 1200 old dinars for one new one .....i have never seen an article that stated a straight up rv one old dinar will be equal to one dollar as well as one new dinar will be equal to one dollar .. the co existing feature in my opinion only means that your old currency will not be cancelled but you will be better off to exchange the old for the new ...and a time period will be in effect as to when the old dinars will expire as an iraqi currency .. they are very specific stating you will not lose any value .. and will gain value through the exchange ..ive never seen any news worthy article stating exactly how much of an increase of value ..

maybe someone can point out an article stating a one for one old currency for new .. being worth one american dollar..i only saw one new dinar worth one dollar ..one old 1200 to one dollar or one new dinar

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I find it hard to believe that anybody, lopsters or rv'ers, put any credence into the 000 articles! We've been reading these exact same BS articles for a few years now and they haven' t meant a thing.

I'll say it again, without fear of repeating myself... nobody, and I mean NOBODY... will know when and how much an RV will be for!!!

They aren't going to let the cat out of the bag! To do so would guarantee complete failure to move Iraq into the 21st century as a wealthy, oil rich Gulf State. It will happen when least expected! To be emotionally taken with every news article coming out of Iraq is going to toy with your mental health.

Some of you really need a break from this thing. It's very obvious that your not thinking right at this point. Way to much suspicion and anger going down!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

with all the articles ive read in the past i personally have concluded...the new dinars will have the zeros deleted off the currency .. and if you want one of those new dinars you will need to put out 1000 old dinars in the exchange for one new dinar ..so if the exchange were even they would neither gain or lose during the exchange ..so why bother exchanging ..so they must increase the value somewhat ... if the exchange took place right now at sat 1160 dinars per dollar for a new dinar at 1000 dinars per dollars their would be a 15 percent to exchange the old for the new ..so for every 100 dollars worth of old dinars you will recieve 115 dollars worth of new dinars ..so it will be increasing the value of the dinar .. so if you are working for 3000 old dinars per hour right now you will in the future be working for 3 new dinars per hour ...

i dont know how many articles ive read that said the exchange rate would be 1200 old dinars for one new one .....i have never seen an article that stated a straight up rv one old dinar will be equal to one dollar as well as one new dinar will be equal to one dollar .. the co existing feature in my opinion only means that your old currency will not be cancelled but you will be better off to exchange the old for the new ...and a time period will be in effect as to when the old dinars will expire as an iraqi currency .. they are very specific stating you will not lose any value .. and will gain value through the exchange ..ive never seen any news worthy article stating exactly how much of an increase of value ..

maybe someone can point out an article stating a one for one old currency for new .. being worth one american dollar..i only saw one new dinar worth one dollar ..one old 1200 to one dollar or one new dinar

How about this article pin on the very top of DV

Economic Commission not to adopt the draft of the new currency provided by the Central Bank of Iraq to delete the zeros and issuing forms for the new Rate Topic:

#1 yota691

Enjoy the Ride

Group:Members

Location sc

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

17-12-2011 | (Voice of Iraq) -

Add a comment - Sumerian News / Baghdad

The Ministry of Finance of Iraq, Saturday, to advance percent salary for state employees not covered by dropping interest rates, while ruling out replacing Iraqi currency during the next two years.

The Finance Minister Rafie al-Issawi said in an interview for "Alsumaria News", "advance percent salary for State employees will not be covered by dropping the interest is of 8%," attributing the cause to "link the Rafidain and Rasheed Man stirring advance is Baidaat the public."

Issawi said that "banks are pushing the benefits of 6% of the citizens of depositors have and therefore, they are not able to lend to employees without the benefit of," noting that "the loans covered by dropping the interest is included loans of Agricultural Bank and Mortgage and Housing Fund and retroactively."

He said al-Issawi that "the Iraqi budget for next year 2012, and developed a material that exempting all borrowers from the bank and agricultural real estate and housing fund of interest in order to encourage construction of housing units and the elimination of the housing crisis in Iraq."

And approved the Iraqi Council of Ministers on the eighth of December the current budget next year 2012, of 117 trillion dinars and a deficit of 14 trillion dinars, while the operating budget 80 trillion dinars and 37 dinars trillion as investment budget.

The Ministry of Finance has decided since 2008, and through the Rafidain and Rasheed, in coordination with the ministries and government departments grant advances and loans to staff different, but less than the staff member for five years in accordance with the conditions and controls specific to that, that does not exceed the loan of 50 million and an interest rate of 8 percent on the repayable over ten years.

In another context, the Secretary of Finance "to replace the current Iraqi currency with new ones during the next two years because of the Economic Commission not to adopt the draft of the new currency provided by the Central Bank of Iraq to delete the zeros and issuing forms for the new currency."

The Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq predicted the appearance of Mohammed Saleh in an interview for "Alsumaria News", in September of this year, that is the currency exchange in the new fiscal year for the year 2013.

The Iraqi Central Bank Governor Sinan Shabibi confirmed at a meeting of independent bodies with Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, in the 19 of June, ready to create all the supplies to replace the Iraqi currency

Read more: http://translate.goo...g#ixzz1goovqGNV

This post has been edited by Markinsa: 17 Decembe

Read more:

Edited by yota691

I hate to say it but the article is clearly describing how the RD will take place, hope things don't transpire this way.

• Upvote 3

Jassim added that lifting the three zeroes will lead to an exchange rate of one dollar per dinar

They are trying to explain, as simple as possible, to the ragheads (and lopsters) that all the hear say and articles talking of lifting 3 zeros really means that the dinar will be equal to the dollar.

The process, or implementation of this project, is what makes this happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2