Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Record-breaking big freeze grips much of North America

umbertino

Severe cold hits vast area from south Texas to Canada, and Montana to Maine

Omaha cancels New Year’s fireworks as temperature hits record low of -15F

Associated Press

Mon 1 Jan ‘18 14.33 GMT

6682.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=f01a3e06db2f499111155b8d1f9af6da
People visit the Niagara Falls during extreme cold weather as sub-zero temperatures are expected across Canada and the United States on New Year’s day
Photograph: Vianney Le Caer/REX/Shutterstock

• Upvote 1

Freeze warnings issued as vast area of US gripped by Arctic chill

Deep south hit by freezing temperatures and South Dakota sets record low

Big turnout for Milwaukee’s Polar Plunge despite hypothermia warnings

Associated Press

Tue 2 Jan ‘18 15.06 GMT

3000.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=fc40533ecfd498abb851ab89a8c19d27
Jane and Bernie Sanders feel the cold at the inauguration of New York City’s mayor, Bill de Blasio, in frigid weather in front of City Hall
Photograph: Pacific Press / Barcroft Images

• Upvote 1

I have a place in South TX 8 miles from the mexican border. It's supposed to be below freezing tonight there

I feel bad for the people that can't keep warm. We bring warm clothes and food for them across the border then this year-

We got chased away and pursued  by the Mexican Cartel- it was only 10 miles across and were lucky to make it back!

Done it for a lot of years- NEVER again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, moose 57 said:

I have a place in South TX 8 miles from the mexican border. It's supposed to be below freezing tonight there

I feel bad for the people that can't keep warm. We bring warm clothes and food for them across the border then this year-

We got chased away and pursued  by the Mexican Cartel- it was only 10 miles across and were lucky to make it back!

...no good deed goes unpunished.   :facepalm2:

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, moose 57 said:

Please be safe!!!!

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, moose 57 said:

Good for you...Very generous.  We used to help out a small fishing town south of Ensenada. Great friendly people.  But the harassment by the Federalies just got out of hand. We were paying bribes two to three times a trip. We don't go anymore either. Sad

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, SocalDinar said:

Good for you...Very generous.  We used to help out a small fishing town south of Ensenada. Great friendly people.  But the harassment by the Federalies just got out of hand. We were paying bribes two to three times a trip. We don't go anymore either. Sad

Going down again in Feb. This time i'm going to the ranch for a little pig hunt and out to the Gulf to fish. 

• Upvote 1

Snow falls in Florida as 12 die in harsh winter weather across US

State of emergency in parts of Georgia as cold grips deep south

Drivers warned of treacherous conditions mainly along Atlantic seaboard

Associated Press

Wed 3 Jan ‘18 14.03 GMT

5434.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=0f605879ffbcaec7f531db6ebc1d3602
Bryant Park fountain in New York City freezes on 2 January as much of the US experiences a cold snap
Photograph: Xinhua/Rex/Shutterstock

• Upvote 1

'Bomb cyclone': schools close as snowstorms hit US east coast

Storm caused by rapid drop in pressure leads to states of emergency in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia

Reuters in Charleston and Boston

Thu 4 Jan ‘18 11.00 GMT

Vid in link

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/04/bomb-cyclone-schools-close-as-snowstorms-hit-us-south-east

• Upvote 1

Lizard blizzard: iguanas rain from trees as animals struggle with US cold snap

Extreme temperatures across the east coast are causing cold-blooded reptiles to ‘shut down’ in Florida, while elsewhere sharks and penguins are feeling the chill

Julia Carrie Wong in San Francisco

Fri 5 Jan ‘18 01.53 GMT

Vids & pics in link

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/04/cold-weather-us-how-are-animals-coping-frozen-iguana-florida

• Upvote 1

Huge winter storm brings snow and hurricane-force winds to eastern US

At least seven people die in weather-related accidents

Coldest spot could be western Massachusetts: ‘This is chilly, chilly stuff’

Associated Press in New York

Fri 5 Jan ‘18 14.34 GMT

1920.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=485a13dd177e591cb530e5be4d0dedf6
A handout photo made available by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (Noaa) on Friday shows a satellite image of a powerful storm moving up the US eastern seaboard
Photograph: Noaa Handout/EPA

• Upvote 1

Brutal and 'bone-chilling' cold envelops US east coast two days after storm

Thursday storm dumped up to 18in of snow across north-eastern states

Wind chill on Mt Washington in New Hampshire could hit -100F

Associated Press in Boston

Sat 6 Jan ‘18 12.23 GMT

3105.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=1d0c29e7809a0b8cc7661d35a792788f
Residents are evacuated via a humvee as flood waters rises in Scituate, Massachusetts
Photograph: Scott Eisen/Getty Images

• Upvote 1

US east coast hits record lows on Sunday as deep freeze lingers

Temperatures expected to rise through beginning of week

Clean-up from huge Thursday snowstorm continues

Associated Press in New York

Sun 7 Jan ‘18 18.59 GMT

3000.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=39a008bbe317ad61f28c694cfb9dc965
A couple dig their car out the morning after a massive winter storm in Boston.
Photograph: Spencer Platt/Getty Images

Weekend At Bernie’s IV - Pass The Global Warming ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

Freeze warnings issued as vast area of US gripped by Arctic chill

3000.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=fc40533ecfd498abb851ab89a8c19d27

Jane and Bernie Sanders feel the cold at the inauguration of New York City’s mayor, Bill de Blasio, in frigid weather in front of City Hall

Some have argued that we may be on the front end of a global cooling period. I guess the Global Warming Alarmist are going to have rethink their theories on what to predict next. 

I have stated many times that Global Climate Change is very probable and most likely happening. However, the factors that are driving Climate Change can not be conclusively attributed to human affects; the data does not support it. Others in the scientific community (albeit a smaller percentage of the entire population) have theorized that Solar Sun Spots, Magnetic Storms, and the Earth's changing magnetic fields have more influence on Climate Change than anything mankind has done.

Indy 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Indraman said:

Some have argued that we may be on the front end of a global cooling period. I guess the Global Warming Alarmist are going to have rethink their theories on what to predict next. 

I have stated many times that Global Climate Change is very probable and most likely happening. However, the factors that are driving Climate Change can not be conclusively attributed to human affects; the data does not support system" rel="">support it. Others in the scientific community (albeit a smaller percentage of the entire population) have theorized that Solar Sun Spots, Magnetic Storms, and the Earth's changing magnetic fields have more influence on Climate Change than anything mankind has done.

Indy 

Perfect said Indraman. Perfectly said. It encapsulates everything I ever said about the issue of global warming and mans role in it.  On a different note one of my sisters in Conn said it was so cold outside she had to open her freezer for warmth .

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Indraman said:

I have stated many times that Global Climate Change is very probable and most likely happening. However, the factors that are driving Climate Change can not be conclusively attributed to human affects; the data does not support system" rel="">support it. Others in the scientific community (albeit a smaller percentage of the entire population) have theorized that Solar Sun Spots, Magnetic Storms, and the Earth's changing magnetic fields have more influence on Climate Change than anything mankind has done.

Indy 

Great Points, IndraMan!

Maybe throw in the Goldilocks zone is nominally 91 - 95 million miles and, apparently, the earth’s distance from the sun has slight variations over time. Slight changes can have dramatic effects on the earth.

Also, there could also be changes to the earth’s internal interactions that vary over time supporting a nominally higher or lower temperature on the earth’s crust.

Volcanic and other natural phenomena also affect the heating and cooling of the earth’s atmosphere.

Watch what is happening, Yes! Blame the climatic changes on all mankind’s activities? NO!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1