Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Currency Auctions 1-05-2012

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (2050)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 5-JAN-2012. The results were as follows:

Details Notes

Number of banks 25

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1170

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 279,100,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 279,100,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=CurrencyAuctions

• Upvote 3

Huge amounts of dinar being bought up by the CBI. That's almost 3 trillion dinar worth of USD now in Iraqi banks hands in just one day. Wow!!

Whether they are controlling inflation, shrinking the money supply or both, we can assume big things are going on behind closed doors. smile.gif

• Upvote 2

they are rreceiving a commission of 13 dinars for every dollar sold do the math, Hint: this is why they are soo big they are reeling the dinars in through the auctions could it get any clearer? P.s lopsters will be here shortly to try to come up with some way they are having these big auctions for nothing.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I wonder how that audit went?

After listening to Delta, he stated that after audits were completed, the CBI realized there is still more dinar on the streets then they want. So my guess is the next few days we should see record setting auctions to pull in more dinar. Whats your take on this EAsy ?

Edited by steveflex7
  • Upvote 1

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (2050)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 5-JAN-2012. The results were as follows:

Details Notes

Number of banks 25

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1170

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 279,100,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 279,100,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=CurrencyAuctions

It only shows them Selling more Dinar out into the world and not Buying any back - WTF?

Huge amounts of dinar being bought up by the CBI. That's almost 3 trillion dinar worth of USD now in Iraqi banks hands in just one day. Wow!!

Whether they are controlling inflation, shrinking the money supply or both, we can assume big things are going on behind closed doors. smile.gif

I think th4e math comes out to 300 billion? Still a huge amount for 1 auction. Great news IMO.

they are rreceiving a commission of 13 dinars for every dollar sold do the math, Hint: this is why they are soo big they are reeling the dinars in through the auctions could it get any clearer? P.s lopsters will be here shortly to try to come up with some way they are having these big auctions for nothing.

Easy,

Good call! I'm waiting for keepmewalkinfnny to show up with a comment. He has straddled both sides of the lop fence for so long I'm not sure he has any knards left....

• Upvote 4

here is an example of how the foreign currency works. They continue to sqeeze liquidity. :)

http://www.azzaman.com/english/index.asp?fname=news\2012-01-02\kurd.htm

Saleh said the bank would not let the dinar fall and in one day in December last year it sold $200 million on the open market to squeeze liquidity.

“We withdrew in one single day about one quarter of a trillion dinars, thereby brining stability to the currency,” Saleh said.

Edited by sportfisher
  • Upvote 3

I've been a regular reader on this site since about last March. If i'm correct, haven't they been doing currency auctions since at least then? If these currency auctions are drawing down the amount of dinar in circulation from the 27 trillion initially printed, then is there a way we can add up how much has been auctioned? Has there been anyone tracking this? Excuse my ignorance if i'm making any ridiculous assumptions or don't understand something properly. I posted this question over on the "questions" also.

keep answered on the other thread. ty

Good analysis easy and thanks Rogue for bringing it over! Don't want it to sound like a broken record.... but I have just one thing to say to them over there.... git-r-dun boyz... git-r-dun!!! biggrin.gif

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 1

I've been a regular reader on this site since about last March. If i'm correct, haven't they been doing currency auctions since at least then? If these currency auctions are drawing down the amount of dinar in circulation from the 27 trillion initially printed, then is there a way we can add up how much has been auctioned? Has there been anyone tracking this? Excuse my ignorance if i'm making any ridiculous assumptions or don't understand something properly. I posted this question over on the "questions" also.

keep answered on the other thread. ty

that is a good question. This has been going on since 2004.

http://www.cbi.iq/documents/CBI_FOREIGN_EXCHANGE_AUCTIONS.pdf

they also pay salaries, contracts, government budgets and such which puts IQD back in circulation, I don't know how much.

Edited by sportfisher
  • Upvote 2

that is a good question. This has been going on since 2004.

http://www.cbi.iq/documents/CBI_FOREIGN_EXCHANGE_AUCTIONS.pdf

they also pay salaries, contracts, government budgets and such which puts IQD back in circulation, I don't know how much.

So that's why the smart card payments are so awesome, because it's not putting physical dinar back in circulation?

• Upvote 1

Isn't the CBI also putting Dinars in circulation? These cannot possibly all be reitired can they?

My belief is that they need the auctions around 140 - 150 m per day to maintain the balances of USD and IQD that they use, to maintain NORMAL value of the dinar. Above that, I think they could be easily removing some from circulation.

Remember, these auctions are with BANKS, not everyday Iraqis lined up at bank teller windows. Most, if not all, is electronic.

They obviously admitted to withdrawling dinar last week. The main question, which no one knows, is how much is being recirculated back into the economy. the cbi has to issue some back for the goi to operate and pay bills. but, how much is the real question??

Jmo, but what i read a while back, was yhe economy runs on about 150 million a day. so, in speculation, i would think anything above that is being withdrawn. but i could be way off base. just an observation.

Edited by truthful1
  • Upvote 1

:P

They obviously admitted to withdrawling dinar last week. The main question, which no one knows, is how much is being recirculated back into the economy. the cbi has to issue some back for the goi to operate and pay bills. but, how much is the real question??

Jmo, but what i read a while back, was yhe economy runs on about 150 million a day. so, in speculation, i would think anything above that is being withdrawn. but i could be way off base. just an observation.

Basically from what I have seen they simply used the funds they make from the auctions to be able to either release more dinar into circulation to maintain the balance between reserves and circulation if the value is stable, or to reduce the amount in circulation if the value of the dinar begins to drop. I have yet to see anything that states dinar is actually being exchanged during the auctions, only that they use the auctions as one means to stabilize the value, which does not mean that dinar has to be part of the exchange in the auctions at all.

Basically from what I have seen they simply used the funds they make from the auctions to be able to either release more dinar into circulation to maintain the balance between reserves and circulation if the value is stable, or to reduce the amount in circulation if the value of the dinar begins to drop. I have yet to see anything that states dinar is actually being exchanged during the auctions, only that they use the auctions as one means to stabilize the value, which does not mean that dinar has to be part of the exchange in the auctions at all.

Very true, its basically a big circulation of domestic & foreign money. Stabilizing the value is used by tools such as withdrawing or depositing more IQD within their local economy.

Ultimately, with that statement said, they obviously have the tools to pull IQD from circulation if need be.

If they start producing & exporting the 900,000 barrels as projected in February, they're income/revenue is going to shoot up.

It gives them more ability to spend, likely on domestic projects such as rebuilding.

The frequency is trades & exchanges within banks & the CBI will go up.

I wonder if we could see movement on the currency value as well.

The cash portion is where banks sell dinar to the cbi in exchange for dollars. I know, there is physical movement there. todays cash portion was 13,000 and tuesday wednesday it was over 30,000. The cbi stated they pulled in a trillion dinar in 48 hours, however the cash portion doesnt reflect that level of liquidity. so its my belief, they can also use the trans. side of the auction as a contractionary policy as well.