Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SOME VERY , VERY GOOD NEWS !!!!!!

BETTYBOOP

Hi everybody!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: Just to wish you ALL a wonderful happy thanks giving !!! May you have love , joy and plenty of laughter. I have some very , very good news....... I was discharged HOME this morning. They were planning for tomorrow or Thursday at the latest, but me being me I talked the doctor into letting me go today. :). I have NO BODY BRACE , NO STICKS , and minimal pain. My friend Maggie is going to stay with me for a few weeks , just so some one is around. She has been living in my house while I was in hospital. Think the fact she is a doctor helped get me out a few days early. :D.

Anyway, just wanted you all to know I am fine, doing well and I will never be able to thank you all enough for all your thoughts , prayers, good wishes, e-mails, personal messages and sense of humour when I needed it most.

The two addiction psychiatrists that I work with every day have arranged with their boss that when I am ready to return to work I will go to their out patient clinics for at least a year. :woot: :woot: I can't wait. I will run my own addiction clinics and they will both just be down the hall if I need them. I will still be in the ward on Tuesdays and Thursday morning to attend their ward round with them but the chances of me being assaulted are slim and the chance of me needing to physically restrain anyone is practically none existent. They have said as soon as I get the all clear from my doctors I have to let them know and they will gradually phase me back into the work force. I am so excited. Thanks again. Love to you all. Betty Boop. X. :hug::wub:

Now could some body, anybody, tell shabs to push that darn button !!!!!!!

With pleasure!!! Congrats, and don't overdue it!

• Upvote 1

Who needs Thanksgiving when we such great news. I knew you could do it, just a little surprised at the speed you did it. I'm sure I speak for most of us when I say Fanflippintastic.. Wonderful. Can't say anything else but great. You know it's funny, but I just changed the comment below my avatar today. Great news.

• Upvote 3

Congratulations!! That is very good news! It must have been unbearable to be stuck in a hospital that long. I did 2 weeks with my daughter having neck surgery not leaving her side, I couldn't imagine being the patient!

I bet you were glad to have the DV family to talk to. Well welcome home!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Confined....then released back to the community...sounds like a plan for your line of work!

Great news Boop...your gutsy determination and positive mindset combined with your terrific non-vengeful attitude towards your assailer will continue to take you places...Bless you and go RV!!

• Upvote 1

BettyBoop, Great to hear that your heading home to finish your recovery. Like they say " there's no place like Home."

It's always a joy in reading all your post, keep them coming. :D

I for one didn't realize BettyBoop had such an awesome wardrobe. Your gallery is awesome. You do BettyBoop proud. :D

You take care and we here at DV will continue to pray for your recovery.

• Upvote 1

Who needs Thanksgiving when we such great news. I knew you could do it, just a little surprised at the speed you did it. I'm sure I speak for most of us when I say Fanflippintastic.. Wonderful. Can't say anything else but great. You know it's funny, but I just changed the comment below my avatar today. Great news.

Yes my dear cooked it is FANFLIPPINTASTIC !!! You know me ..... I lie down to nothing. But also and I am sure you will understand this. I firmly believe that when you adopt the "sick roll" it does nothing but hinder the persons progress. So I never considered myself "sick". And I was driven to get fit enough to get home. Just as I am driven to do the best I can for any patient who happens to cross my path. There was NO WAY, as far as I was concerned, that I was leaving hospital with sticks and a body brace. So, as you told me at the beginning of this "don't be afraid of the meds, they are to keep you comfortable". So I used the meds and worked through the pain some days and would push the doctors and nurses and physios to go with me on what I was asking. I don't do "sick" when it comes to me. So the thought off giving up and just lying down to it never crossed my mind. Sometimes even in health care it is good to show others that the "sick roll" is of no benefit. :).

• Upvote 1

This just shows how highly you are regarded among your colleagues. Two doctors have set up a special clinical situation for you to work in their clinic with special attention to keeping your work level so you aren't over-taxed, but which allows you to continue to contribute while you stay in your career loop. They must think extremely highly of you to have done this. And they also had to have put some real thought into how they could best do it because it sounds made-especially-for-you, designed around your abilities and skills and current health issues. They realized, even though you haven't said it, that you will need to continue healing for quite a while yet. You took quite a battering, pretty girl!! Then in addtion, another friend, a doctor, herself, will stay with you for quite a while at home so you can move back there and be comfortable among your own things. Do you know how rare such kind professional offerings are??? That they are doing this for you speaks worlds about how wonderful you truly are. :tiphat::twocents::twothumbs: This isn't to say, however, that you won't bring your own skills to bear in that new job. It isn't even possible to keep you from doing that, so although they aren't doing this for that reason, they will still get back in full measure all that they are giving to you. What a beautiful example of how love is supposed to work!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hi everybody!!!! emot-woot.gifemot-woot.gifemot-woot.gif Just to wish you ALL a wonderful happy thanks giving !!! May you have love , joy and plenty of laughter. I have some very , very good news....... I was discharged HOME this morning. They were planning for tomorrow or Thursday at the latest, but me being me I talked the doctor into letting me go today. smile.gif. I have NO BODY BRACE , NO STICKS , and minimal pain. My friend Maggie is going to stay with me for a few weeks , just so some one is around. She has been living in my house while I was in hospital. Think the fact she is a doctor helped get me out a few days early. biggrin.gif.

Anyway, just wanted you all to know I am fine, doing well and I will never be able to thank you all enough for all your thoughts , prayers, good wishes, e-mails, personal messages and sense of humour when I needed it most.

The two addiction psychiatrists that I work with every day have arranged with their boss that when I am ready to return to work I will go to their out patient clinics for at least a year. emot-woot.gifemot-woot.gif I can't wait. I will run my own addiction clinics and they will both just be down the hall if I need them. I will still be in the ward on Tuesdays and Thursday morning to attend their ward round with them but the chances of me being assaulted are slim and the chance of me needing to physically restrain anyone is practically none existent. They have said as soon as I get the all clear from my doctors I have to let them know and they will gradually phase me back into the work force. I am so excited. Thanks again. Love to you all. Betty Boop. X. emot-hug.gifwub.gif

This is GREAT news ! ! ! ! ! ! :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Upvote 1