Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Negatives and pluses

Excellent post Kimberlye!

Thanks so very much for putting into words what I have struggled with since I first became a member of DV. In fact, until now I had stopped even signing in when visiting the site simply because of all the foolishness that abounded here.

So often I have found myself engaged in a dispute over intent of the words I used in a post, or the words of others. It makes no sense whatsoever, and gains us absolutely nothing in the end.

I have been off the site for at least a month now, and with your words of wisdom I have returned.

Please keep up the good work, and before we know it this ride will be over and done.

• Upvote 3

Okay, first of all, I do agree that something needed to be done about the negativity on DV; it was kind of getting out of control. Second of all, I do not have the answer and I am not even questioning that we shouldn't give this a try and see what happens, but I just wanted to put my thoughts out there and see if anyone would like to share their thoughts as well.

Example: I just read a post by someone in the opinion section and there was nothing that was negative in the post -- it was just a comedic post about the dinar -- and someone chose to give them a negative. I can only imagine that they felt it was a waste of their time to read it, or something along those lines. I have a problem with that. Now, I have asked this question numerous times and so have other members, but I really think maybe we need to clarify, as a group, what "negativity on DV really is. Maybe even a mod or two can help us out with this. I believe that if we do not do this, we are going to lose some wonderful members on DV.

From what I've observed, anyone who posts that they do not believe in God receives double-digit negatives. On the other hand, those who attack the original poster who does not believe in God receives double-digit pluses

Anyone who posts their support for Obama receives double-digit negatives. On the other hand, those that attack Obama and the original poster who does support Obama receives double-digit pluses.

Anyone who posts their belief that the dinar could possibly redenominate receives double-digit negatives. On the other hand, those who attack the person who believes only in a redenomination will receive double-digit pluses.

Whether I agree or disagree with the subject matter being posted, I will only give negatives to the people that attack and resort to name calling. In my opinion, that is where the negativity is coming to DV. I'll say it again and again: Just because someone does not agree with you does not make them a bad person. You do not have to give them a negative just because they disagree with you. I think the importance of the pluses and negatives has come to light and we need to be somewhat discretionary in who we give pluses and minuses to.

I understand this is a private site and Adam runs the show, but we, as the members, also affect what happens here. I say we need to be a little more considerate of our differences and a little more understanding. And if you just cannot seem to control yourself, can you not try to word your comment in a way that does not offend anyone that might read it?

Having said all that, I honestly hope that I have not offended anyone as that was not my intention. I like the idea of everyone trying to agree to disagree -- respectfully. Remember, respect goes both ways. Please just think before you post.

Have a fantastic day everyone,

Kimberlye B)

I'd like to add that some,on here,after every post no matter the topic close with "Plus 1 if you agree the RV is near"

I know Adam had his reasons but I think the concept of pluses and negatives has separated the group into something akin to armed camps...

• Upvote 3

This is the exact reason that I do not post in any of the political or religious posts. It doesn't matter that I firmly believe I am right for all the right reasons. You'll get your brains neg'ed out for differing with religion or political views of the folks that are outspoken in those forums. Sooo, I'll just stick to DV voyeuring so that my reputation will stay intact. <_<

• Upvote 3

This is the exact reason that I do not post in any of the political or religious posts. It doesn't matter that I firmly believe I am right for all the right reasons. You'll get your brains neg'ed out for differing with religion or political views of the folks that are outspoken in those forums. Sooo, I'll just stick to DV voyeuring so that my reputation will stay intact. <_<

Rick,

Maybe that will change now. That is my hope anyway. I hope that you find out that you can post freely and not get neg'd out for simply stating your opinion on a subject. I look forward to seeing your posts and hopefully many others who have chosen to hide for that exact same reason.

Hahaha, I'm going to run out of pluses here. Thank you all for your support on this one. Maybe we can make this work. :)

Happy Wednesday,

Kimberlye B)

• Upvote 4

Rick,

Maybe that will change now. That is my hope anyway. I hope that you find out that you can post freely and not get neg'd out for simply stating your opinion on a subject. I look forward to seeing your posts and hopefully many others who have chosen to hide for that exact same reason.

Hahaha, I'm going to run out of pluses here. Thank you all for your support on this one. Maybe we can make this work. :)

Happy Wednesday,

Kimberlye B)

Agred again Kimberlye... As for myself... I'll try from now on to only give pluses and refrain from giving negs whenever I don't agree with some posts....

I'll just either reply ( politely , whenever possible) or move on.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

Agred again Kimberlye... As for myself... I'll try to only give pluses and refrain from giving negs whenever I don't agree with some posts....

I'll just either reply ( politely , whenever possible) or move on.

Umbertino,

You're posts are always beautiful no matter the subject. You are a great example of this very subject.

Kimberlye B)

• Upvote 3

Well, thank you for the +. My first one! I've actually read in the political posts that "you won't find too many supporters for Obama on DV". Well, there's a reason for that. BTW, you got 2 +'s from me and thank you for the post that allows me to vent this frustration! Good job Kimberlye! Hopefully someone will notice this and adjust for true freedom!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thank you for your post, well written and thought out.

I do not think anyone should ever get a neg for having a different opinion then mine. If we read opinions that are different then ours with an open mind, we my learn something or come away with a better understanding on what there foundation of beliefs on that thought is based on. A neg should be given if a person is neg in a cruel way and or rude towards the person who has posted. If a person does not enjoy a post, then just stop reading it. Don't ding a person with a Neg. If you really enjoyed, yes by all means give a positive +.

Just my thought.

Have a blessed day.

• Upvote 3

Excellent post Kimberlye!

Thanks so very much for putting into words what I have struggled with since I first became a member of DV. In fact, until now I had stopped even signing in when visiting the site simply because of all the foolishness that abounded here.

So often I have found myself engaged in a dispute over intent of the words I used in a post, or the words of others. It makes no sense whatsoever, and gains us absolutely nothing in the end.

I have been off the site for at least a month now, and with your words of wisdom I have returned.

Please keep up the good work, and before we know it this ride will be over and done.

BillioO,

I hope you will now feel free to post your thoughts. The way I see it, the more opinions we have, the more we grow and learn. Please give it a try now. Welcome back. :D

Kimberlye B)

Thank you for your post, well written and thought out.

I do not think anyone should ever get a neg for having a different opinion then mine. If we read opinions that are different then ours with an open mind, we my learn something or come away with a better understanding on what there foundation of beliefs on that thought is based on. A neg should be given if a person is neg in a cruel way and or rude towards the person who has posted. If a person does not enjoy a post, then just stop reading it. Don't ding a person with a Neg. If you really enjoyed, yes by all means give a positive +.

Just my thought.

Have a blessed day.

Desert Surfer,

That is it in a nutshell. Thank you for saying it so eloquently.

Kimberlye B)

• Upvote 2

Well said Kimberlye. I must agree with you. Whether something is considered positive or negative by the users in here varies from one extreme to the other and is based on personal beliefs or their opinions or how they feel when they read the post. ( It is like the poster is being judged by what they put up in here by the many other users in this forum.) I have seen many posts put up in here that were just news posts and because peeps did not like what was reported, they flooded them with negs. I'm not sure if this reset will work out like it is planned, but we will soon see. Personally I think the plus or negative should be completely removed for everyone to use because of what you stated. This plus or minus ratings only brings on a popularity contest among the users, who has the most points so to speak. This site has always let the poster post their opinions, whether positive or negative, and why should the poster be penalized for just trying to put up information? Now some of the posts in here are blatantly looking to pick a fight with some users and have usually no substance other than an opinion. Yes delete these posts and give the user warnings and if they continue then ban their IP address. Or maybe, and this is just a suggestion, maybe we can all just act like adults and accept that not everyone has the same opinion. This is an investment, and too many peeps are too emotionally involved in this, hence some of the negative responses. Another suggestion is to put your emotions aside in this investment, if you cannot do that, then maybe currency speculation is not your bag baby, lol. JMO.and I really do not care if I get negs or not, I'm here for the news and all of the varying opinions concerning this investment, Its all good folks! Just breathe and relax! Go Iraq! Go Dinarians! Go RV! B)

• Upvote 4

Bravo Kimberlye! Nobody should be negged just because they post their point of view as long as it's respectful. If we all think the same way, this sight would be boring. I for one enjoy being able to read opposing views it helps me to either confirm my beliefs or challenges me to dig a little deeper.

• Upvote 3

Okay, first of all, I do agree that something needed to be done about the negativity on DV; it was kind of getting out of control. Second of all, I do not have the answer and I am not even questioning that we shouldn't give this a try and see what happens, but I just wanted to put my thoughts out there and see if anyone would like to share their thoughts as well.

Example: I just read a post by someone in the opinion section and there was nothing that was negative in the post -- it was just a comedic post about the dinar -- and someone chose to give them a negative. I can only imagine that they felt it was a waste of their time to read it, or something along those lines. I have a problem with that. Now, I have asked this question numerous times and so have other members, but I really think maybe we need to clarify, as a group, what "negativity on DV really is. Maybe even a mod or two can help us out with this. I believe that if we do not do this, we are going to lose some wonderful members on DV.

From what I've observed, anyone who posts that they do not believe in God receives double-digit negatives. On the other hand, those who attack the original poster who does not believe in God receives double-digit pluses

Anyone who posts their support for Obama receives double-digit negatives. On the other hand, those that attack Obama and the original poster who does support Obama receives double-digit pluses.

Anyone who posts their belief that the dinar could possibly redenominate receives double-digit negatives. On the other hand, those who attack the person who believes only in a redenomination will receive double-digit pluses.

Whether I agree or disagree with the subject matter being posted, I will only give negatives to the people that attack and resort to name calling. In my opinion, that is where the negativity is coming to DV. I'll say it again and again: Just because someone does not agree with you does not make them a bad person. You do not have to give them a negative just because they disagree with you. I think the importance of the pluses and negatives has come to light and we need to be somewhat discretionary in who we give pluses and minuses to.

I understand this is a private site and Adam runs the show, but we, as the members, also affect what happens here. I say we need to be a little more considerate of our differences and a little more understanding. And if you just cannot seem to control yourself, can you not try to word your comment in a way that does not offend anyone that might read it?

Having said all that, I honestly hope that I have not offended anyone as that was not my intention. I like the idea of everyone trying to agree to disagree -- respectfully. Remember, respect goes both ways. Please just think before you post.

Have a fantastic day everyone,

Kimberlye B)

At the end of the day the potential RV of the IQD is a very complicated issue that has nothing to do with religion. It's a globle economic issue that will have a profound impact on economies as I suspect.

Kim

• Upvote 2

Ok strongly believe everyone should treat others with all the respect they would want in return. There is no need for hatred or rude comments or behavior. We are all adults embarqing in an interesting investment that I hope will bring forth a grand result. Please be patient and just enjoy the ride. god Bless Semper Fi :)

• Upvote 2

Ok strongly believe everyone should treat others with all the respect they would want in return. There is no need for hatred or rude comments or behavior. We are all adults embarqing in an interesting investment that I hope will bring forth a grand result. Please be patient and just enjoy the ride. god Bless Semper Fi :)

You are a class act!!! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gifth_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gifth_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gifth_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

• Upvote 2