Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

We have all been thru the dates and rates ,questions and opinions. IMO there is only one date left to consider. The date of the first payment to the Paris Club, July 11, 2011. I would believe that IF I had all my Dinars in the USA and I had a choice to revalue those Dinars BEFORE I had a big time payment due, that I would raise the value of those Dinars. When July 11,2011 passes and we still have no RV, I KJWAYNE ,will put my dinars back in the sack and dig a new hole in the back yard to put them in. Maybe they will grow that way! July 12,2011 I,M DONE!!

I know , wrong place! move it!

Edited by kjwayne
  • Upvote 8

They also had to open the budget in march to pay all the contracts and they didn't. They also needed to do the rv in april and may and they didn't. Our have to dates mean nothing to them, so I am just going to sit back and wait. Who knows what it will take for them to actually do the rv.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I understand that they're bad with dates when it comes to paying contractors, workers, and others IN their country, but paying Paris Club debt is actually BIG money, coming out of THEIR pocket going OUT of the country. If you could "magically" increase your money by, say, 1170 times, wouldn't you be motivated to do it before you had to make a house payment?

If your house payment was $1000, and you had that $1 in your hand, but you could wave a wand over it and make it into $1,170, would you?

• Upvote 7

I understand that they're bad with dates when it comes to paying contractors, workers, and others IN their country, but paying Paris Club debt is actually BIG money, coming out of THEIR pocket going OUT of the country. If you could "magically" increase your money by, say, 1170 times, wouldn't you be motivated to do it before you had to make a house payment?

If your house payment was $1000, and you had that $1 in your hand, but you could wave a wand over it and make it into $1,170, would you?

That's a good point, but you do realize we are talking about Iraq here right?

• Upvote 2

It is easy to obsess over the dinar and start counting the chickens before they've hatched. When the dinar becomes a religion and thinking about it overpowers our thoughts and lives what has it become? What has the dinar replaced? I need to have the rv happen as much as anyone. Right now I am located 250 miles from the Arctic Circle in a cloud of mosquitos on a project I dislike intensely. The dinar is my ticket out, but I am going to pour another cup of coffee, thank the good Lord for another day, and go back to placing one foot in front of the other. There is a plan and I am not in control of it. I refuse to give control of my mind to the dinar, Iraq, or the so called gurus. Most of these "gurus" have never handled big money, had any formal education in finance, or have any banking experience so why listen to them? The so called "intel" is not reliable. The only things I am counting on these days are the love and faithfulness of the good Lord, the love of my children and grandchildren, and that soon it will get dark at night. I hope I am way further south when it happens!

• Upvote 4

i have 3 questions:

1. i thought the paris club first payment was due last year. did they postpone it?

2. why couldnt they pay the paris club debt in dinar currently valued at 1170?

3. why couldnt they pay the paris club in usd?

Great Questions!

Think of it like this, if you were them, would you rather give USD or IQD at the same USD value?

And... If that was the case, would prefer to give it to them at a rate of 1170 or much higher?

A better question would be.. Would they accept IQD if it was tradeable? If the answer is yes.. Your darn right I am sure they'd be looking to make the necessary moves to be internationally traded.

It would be nice if you were right but I will say this:

This exact argument was made regarding paying back the IMF for the Stand by Arrangement loans. They said they wouldn't accept the Iraqi Dinar yet they got paid back some how. I didn't know the 11th was the first payment to Paris Club debts. Thanks for bringing that to our attention. Stick around, this thing requires some patience. There is more to this then what the gurus are telling you.

Edited by drox
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

they also owe (and have been paying) kuwait a boatload of money and they ain't RVing to pay them back...who knows?

Oh well, if anything it'll give me more time to snag more dinars and go from a millionaire to a billionaire (hopefully). Muhahaha!

I'll buy that for a dinar. PLUS the longer we hold them with proof of purchase the lower our tax burden!!! I mean there has to be some good to waiting, right??? GO RV!!!!

I have found new info on the Paris Club repayment. It will be paid back in US DOLLARS!

http://www.clubdepar...Iraq21nov04.pdf . Thank You and Happy 4th to you and yours!

Exactly...that is how they have handled all big payments...plus, it is the GOI that owes the money and the CBI that controls the value....So, the GOI can't increase it prior to making the payment even if they wanted to.

Exactly...that is how they have handled all big payments...plus, it is the GOI that owes the money and the CBI that controls the value....So, the GOI can't increase it prior to making the payment even if they wanted to.

Please note: The payment was made on July 1st 2011

I have found new info on the Paris Club repayment. It will be paid back in US DOLLARS!

http://www.clubdepar...Iraq21nov04.pdf . Thank You and Happy 4th to you and yours!

This is an interesting read, but I don't see where it says that Iraq has to repay the Paris Club debt in US dollars......the article does state the debt amounts in USD, but doesn't state that it has to be paid in USD. I would think you could pay it with either.......

You should probably just put it away now and leave it alone for a while. It will happen when it happens and these deadlines have all come and gone. We have no control over it and getting upset by the dates and rates that the so called experts put out there every week will only make you angry and sick. If you can't laugh about it all then you should read less of these rumors and wait for the text while you live your life. Be Happy now, the possibility of money is making some of us miss out on our friends and family while we wait for the infamously slow Iraqi's. I think that Timelines and Deadlines amuse them.

Again, it will happen when it happens. Go see a movie, have a nice dinner see a sporting event, whatever it takes for you.

• Upvote 2

It would be nice if you were right but I will say this:

This exact argument was made regarding paying back the IMF for the Stand by Arrangement loans. They said they wouldn't accept the Iraqi Dinar yet they got paid back some how. I didn't know the 11th was the first payment to Paris Club debts. Thanks for bringing that to our attention. Stick around, this thing requires some patience. There is more to this then what the gurus are telling you.

The payment for the Paris Club was made yesterday, July 2 2011, and DFI funds were used, which would indicate that USD was used for the payment.

See Paris Club press release as an attachment, third page table, right side.

The payment for the Paris Club was made yesterday, July 1 2011, and DFI funds were used, which would indicate that USD was used for the payment.

See Paris Club press release as an attachment, third page table, right side.

Sorry, payment was made July 1

I still don't see how they can continue on without a RV. They have other debt to pay and they also must open the budget sometime to pay people who have been waiting one yr or more. They simply can't continue to do business on a global scale without their currency being recognized.

I actually am amazed that iraq did anything ahead of schedule. I would have thought based on their track record, they would have waited until the 11th to pay.

I got this feeling that they also want the dinar to revalue and they also want to have more purchasing power for the people of Iraq and for themselves. I also have this feeling that they also want to have their own copy of halliburton and their own national **** cheney. Wealth is power among governments and they too want to feel this power back in their hands with a strong dinar and lots of demands for it and for what it is backed by, oil. IMO ofcourse. GLTA and Go RV.