Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New Article with some rate info

hoosier1470

If what has lift (three zeros) from the Iraqi dinar, it will lead to increase its value to the (1000) once calculated value Almertbip to the number of zeros that have been filed, any box of cigarettes that were sold (1000) dinars possible purchase after the lifting of the zeroes dinar and one, a thousand dinars and modern can be obtained by the A pack of cigarettes.

Read more:

We should be focusing on this paragraph from the article.

It appears they are stating the value would be increased 1,000 times.

Also, it appears they are starting what "once" bought 1 pack after the lifting of the zeros would be able to I think they meant to put "modern car"

That's how I originally read it.. Because, a modern "can" would be rather something I have never heard of before.

We can also credit lifting as lifting the value :)

even the Iraqi dinar has become one of the best currencies in the region because it is equal to 1.3 U.S. dollars

Read more:

Ummm... Not by the CBI website. One of the Best Currencies? It's still under ours and ours isn't all that good. Hmmm... Idk

I Need Coffee, Krem

• Upvote 1

Reluctantly, I have to agree....

I SECOND THAT....

So a proposed rate of $1.30, ".....1.3 U.S. dollars, therefore the possibility of expansion content in the market during this phase...."

Question...what does "Rei", mean?

In regard to the activity office conversion confirmed the appearance of it «adopt in its work on the Central Bank as a source of foreign currency», pointing out that Iraq's economy, Rei, and dependent on oil revenues transferred to the «Development Fund for Iraq» and then to the Central Bank to sell those currencies covering the needs of the budget. He said the bank's policies have contributed to the stability of the Iraqi market, even the Iraqi dinar has become one of the best currencies in the region because it is equal to

Read more:

Reluctantly, I have to agree....

OK, this translation stuff is tough for us obviously, I hope the Iraqi's get it better than we do. I'm still seeing no LOP in this translation but...

Time to call on Keep for his input and translation....like to hear what he thinks. OH KEEP....

Babylon University Study: Proposal to raise zeros from Iraqi dinarPosted: May 31, 2011 by THE CURRENCY NEWSHOUND - Just Hopin in Iraqi Dinar/Politics

Tags: Central Bank of Iraq, Coalition Provisional Authority, Economy of Iraq, Iraq, Iraqi dinar, Jordanian dinar, Purchasing power, United States dollar 0May 27, 2011

Proposal to raise zeros from Iraqi dinar

A. M. D. Jawad Kadhim al-Bakri

http://www.iraq-busi...aqi-parliament/

Just a study on the proposal to raise zeros.....

Looks like what I've been saying all along is going to happen. Raise the 3 zeros then RV over time. I'm hopeing to double maybe triple my money. I don't think thats bad at all.

Maybe it's not the millions we were looking for, but I'll take it.

OK, this translation stuff is tough for us obviously, I hope the Iraqi's get it better than we do. I'm still seeing no LOP in this translation but...

Time to call on Keep for his input and translation....like to hear what he thinks. OH KEEP....

laugh.gif Well if its anything like the past articles we have seen from time to time that gets everyone on edge, its meaning the same.....removing the zeros (RD) and then the purchasing power is increased, the exchange rate is increased and like I have been saying, it doesnt destroy Iraq, it doesnt hurt chances of foreign investment....the article even explains just the opposite, that confidence will be given back into the economy because it shows stabilization and progressive movement forward from the days of hyperinflation and an inflated money supply.....basically a RD, followed by an RV and should go up from there......I just hope that they find a better way to raise the value then this and that the parliment shoots this plan down when put in front of their face.....if they shoot this plan down, seems we would have a better chance of them going back to the drawing board on how to raise the value and we might get a better outcome......Dont wanna see things go down like this for sure.....keeping my fingers crossed they can find a way to just let the dinar appreciate straight up instead of RD first....

Positives raise zeros from the Iraqi dinar: The process of removing three zeros from Iraqi dinar deliberate, according to a tight monetary policy will lead to the following pros:

1. raise the purchasing power of the Iraqi dinar.

2. revalue the Iraqi dinar against other currencies.

3. increase the confidence of the Iraqi economy to foreign investors.

4. increase the confidence of the Iraqi citizen Bammelth National, which has become comparable to other currencies such as the U.S. dollar and the Jordanian dinar and the Kuwaiti dinar … etc..

They are clearly stating the pros to RD.....its not as bad as what the gurus have drilled into peoples heads.....you never believe the gurus on dates and rates (cause they are always wrong) so why would you believe anything else they say including that a RD would destroy their economy and it hurts the people of Iraq?? It clearly doesnt....which is what me and many others here have tried to get across to the members here on this forum.....

Edited by keepmwlknfny

If the lifting of the zeroes (1.2 million) Iraqi dinars, equivalent to ( 1000) U.S. dollars,

will be worth after the lifting of the three zeroes (1200) Iraqi dinars, equivalent to (1000) dollars as well,

then 1 dinar would equal .833 USD. I would take that.

So... Isn't that a LOP?

Before, 1,200,000 dinar = $1,000

Remove 3 zeros

1,200 dinar = $1,000

Meanwhile, back at the ranch

1,200,000 dinar becomes worth $1,000 after the 3 zeros are removed also.

Well, it is what they have promised for years.

It will take a year or two of appreciation on FOREX, but you will probably be able to double your original investment, after taxes.

You're right, it sounds like what the term LOP has been used to describe will be what we have perceived to be described as a RV.

If a rate of around $1.10 to $1.20 starts showing up in other releases, it has already happened.

I hope I am wrong about this.....

So you agree with me... They remove 3 zeros. It's a LOP.

Keep, the R/D articles seem to have been in circulation for a couple years now. If they were to re-denominate their entire currency, one would make an assumption that we would have seen pictures of new denominations by now. Especially considering the idea of replacing all of the current notes with notes w/o the 000s. With boots on the ground, contractors, and everyones eyes on every move IQD-related, if the denominations were to exist in the near future, citizens would be informed about it.

That is what I find to be quite interesting. We are not seeing pictures, we are not seeing articles related to a new set of denominational values (Such as introduction of 25 IQD, 10 IQD, 5 IQD, and so forth), and we are hearing nothing about an upcoming entire currency exchange.

So, if a R/D were truly in the mix, you would have to think that the people would some-what be prepared for a time frame on when this starts, how long they'll have, and what all it entails. But, I am not ruling out the idea of a R/D as it is possible.

As for the following:

1. raise the purchasing power of the Iraqi dinar.

2. revalue the Iraqi dinar against other currencies.

3. increase the confidence of the Iraqi economy to foreign investors.

4. increase the confidence of the Iraqi citizen Bammelth National, which has become comparable to other currencies such as the U.S. dollar and the Jordanian dinar and the Kuwaiti dinar … etc..

Read more:

1) Their purchasing power ideally stays the same. The current amount of money within a citizens pocket will not give him or her the ability to go and buy more at a local market Pre-R/D or Post-R/D. It may only "appear" that way due to the smaller value assigned to goods for sale. Regardless, the way we are seeing how a R/D would play out has no effect on the citizens. A newly denominated 25 IQD buys the same amount as an old 25,000 IQD note. Unless a cash-out window is enforced to draw in 000s, the citizens may not even find it worthy to head to local banks to do an exchange. They'll just co-exist while all the old notes are removed. It will bring back memories of the pre-invasion times when the dinars, francs, and usds all co-existed, as newly denominated notes, post-invasion notes, and USD will all co-exist. It does not bring the value above $1, so it won't help decrease dollarization. And upon an official announcement, the CBI will have to cash out all outstanding 000s held by foreign holders. (Meaning, foreign reserves are impacted / reduced... As their reserves are depleted over time...) Who would buy in again? You just limited your ride of value... It was much more tempting when the ride in value seemed nearly limit-less.. Now, for most, they may have to consider a double-to-triple value in their investment.

2) I think this needs to be done regardless. The USD is falling in value, which in response is likely the reasons for the increase in inflation. It is the "downside" when you peg your currency to a more stable economy. You have to "rely" on their economy to hold a stable market. Quesiton is, do they adjust via a small % to counter-act the falling dollar, or do they move from Article XIV to VII and make a more substantial increase in value?

3) If I was a foreign investor and saw this area as a potential great investment. (But didn't believe in the IQD hoopla) I doubt I would care if they re-denominated or not. All I would care to see is my payments in USD. And producing a return on what I put into it. One would have to believe, that some foreign investors likely are holding a small amount of IQD in hopes to see a R/V occur. If they were to see them R/D, they may be a little disappointed & may lose a little faith in making returns.... I know I would, but I don't account for everybody.

4) Bammelth National? I would sure like to hear more about what that is....

• Upvote 1

Just a thought, but it would seem that the first article does in fact represent the effects of a lop. IMO, it would do absolutely nothing to build Iraqi confidence in their own currency since it would be a zero sum gain until the value is then increased. This would be a slow and arduous gamble at best if the goal is to increase purchasing power and confidence. In any event, if this does become reality and for the sake of argument I have 1 million dinar worth 1K U.S. now, I'm not waiting years to double or triple that amount. I can do that now w/in months so I wouldn't let any of it ride.

However, the second article indicates that their dinar is worth $1.3 NOW since there is no information indicating that lower denominations are available or that the zeros have in fact been lifted. As far as the term "transfers" is concerned, IMO they are talking about Iraqi's exchanging their dinar for dollars since they have more confidence in the latter and nearly everyone in the world will do business in exchange for dollars. When they address money laundering and terrorism I doubt they are worried that either group is committing these acts with Iraqi dinar. Why would any country that supports terrorism sell goods to the terrorists in exchange for a non-exchangeable currency or try and launder currency that is virtually worthless outside of Iraq? As usual, left with more questions than answers. Just my 2 cents worth, which is an oxymoron since 2 cents U.S. is virtually worthless as well.

• Upvote 1

Here is a link that may help. It's pretty clear what it's saying. GooooooooooooRV!!! B):DB)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://international.daralhayat.com/internationalarticle/272519

Here's the windows translation! Look at the bottom! Doesn't seem to matter which you believe, lop or no lop. This seems pretty clear!!!

Iraq seeks to regulate the financial sector in order to avoid the financing of terrorism and money laundering

الثلاثاء, 31 مايو 2011 Tuesday, May 31, 2011

بغداد - نصير الحسون BAGHDAD - Naseer goldfinch Related Nodes: Related Nodes: اختيار «الستوم» الفرنسية لإنشاء شبكة مترو في بغداد Select «Alstom» French to create a metro network in Baghdad

لا يزال القطاع المالي العراقي يعاني انفلاتاً نتيجة انعدام الرقابة وغياب قوانين تنظمه، خصوصاً التحويلات المالية إلى الخارج التي بلغت 30 بليون دولار عام 2010، بحسب المصرف المركزي العراقي. Financial sector is still suffering Iraqi Anflata as a result of lack of oversight and the absence of laws organized, especially remittances abroad, which amounted to $ 30 billion in 2010, according to Central Bank of Iraq. فبعد عام 2003، وجدت نسبة كبيرة من السيولة النقدية في العراق طريقها إلى خارج البلاد، خصوصاً دول الجوار، ولم تنجح أي جهة حكومية أو خاصة في تحديد حجم هذه الأموال. After 2003, and found a large proportion of cash in Iraq on its way out of the country, especially neighboring countries, did not work any governmental or private to determine the size of these funds. وبعد سيطرة الحكومة على المنافذ الرئيسة، وبسبب صعوبة نقل الأموال لتردي الأوضاع الأمنية على الطرق الخارجية، انتعش ما يُعرف بمكاتب التحويل الخارجي التي بدأت أعمالها في شكل طبيعي ومن دون أي موافقات أو قوانين أو رقابة. After the government's control over key ports, and because of the difficulty of transporting money to the deteriorating security situation on the roads, picked up what is known as foreign exchange offices, which began its work in the form of natural and without any approvals, laws or censorship.

يقول صاحب مكتب «الشمس للتحويل» ضياء محمد لـ «الحياة»، إن الجهات الرقابية على عمل مكاتب التحويل في معظم مدن العراق هي أمنية وليست مالية، كالمصرف المركزي أو وزارة المال أو الحكومات المحلية، بل هناك تقارير بالتحويلات يطلع عليها جهاز الاستخبارات في كل محافظة لمعرفة حجم الأرصدة التي تحول لبعض الأسماء للتأكد من عدم ارتباطهم بتمويل الإرهاب. Says the owner of «the sun for conversion» Diaa Mohamed told «life», the regulators on the work of office conversion in most cities in Iraq is security, not financial, Kalmsrv Central or the Finance Ministry or local governments, but there are reports of transfers the information of the intelligence service in each province To see the size of the balances that prevent some of the names to make sure that their association with the financing of terrorism. وأضاف: «نحن كمكاتب صغيرة، لا نحوّل مبالغ تزيد على 50 ألف دولار»، موضحاً أن عمل المكاتب في العراق نظّم عبر شركات التحويل المالي. He added: «We are a small office space, do not turn the money over 50 thousand dollars», pointing out that the work of the offices in Iraq through the systems of money transfer companies.

وأكد الخبير الأول في المصرف المركزي العراقي مظهر محمد صالح لـ «الحياة» أن المصرف، أو أي جهة عراقية أخرى، لا تستطيع منع التحويلات الخارجية أو تقنين نظامها، إذ أن العراق ملتزم بقوانين صندوق النقد الدولي التي تنص على تحرير الحساب الجاري في نظام المدفوعات للشركات والأفراد. The first expert in the Iraqi Central Bank the appearance of Mohammed Saleh told «life» that the bank, or any other Iraqi, can not prevent foreign transfers or rationing system, as Iraq is committed to the laws of the International Monetary Fund, which provides free current account in the system of payments to companies and individuals. وأفاد بأن «لكل مواطن الحق في تحويل الأموال، شرط عدم تقاطعها مع تمويل الإرهاب وغسيل الأموال، ولذلك أضفنا شرطاً للتحويل متمثّلاً بطلب وثائق تبيّن أسباب التحويل للمبالغ التي تزيد على 50 ألف دولار». He stated that «every citizen the right to transfer funds, on condition that the intersection with the financing of terrorism and money laundering, so we added a condition for conversion represented by the request and the documents showing the reasons for the conversion of the amounts in excess of 50 thousand dollars».

مبيعات المصرف المركزي Central Bank Sales

وأكد أن المصرف يبيع وفي شكل يومي ما بين 150 مليون دولار و180 مليوناً، ويحوّل القطاع الخاص كل سنة نحو 35 بليون دولار، ما يمثل ثلثي عائدات النفط العراقي. He stressed that the bank sells in the form of daily between 150 million and $ 180 million, and prevents the private sector each year, about $ 35 billion, representing two thirds of the proceeds of Iraqi oil. وأفاد بأن من غير المعقول أن تكون كل التحويلات تهدف إلى تغطية تجارة خارجية، ما فرض على المصرف المركزي إضافة بند رقابي آخر يحتم مراجعة الهيئة العامة للضرائب عن المبالغ التي تزيد على 50 إلف دولار بهدف تنظيم عملية التحويل وملاحقة المتهربين من الضرائب. He reported that it is not plausible that all of the conversions are intended to cover foreign trade, the imposition of the Central Bank to add an item requires another regulatory review of the General Authority for taxes on amounts in excess of 50 thousand dollars for the organization of the conversion process and the pursuit of tax evaders. وكشف عن وجود أشخاص يحوّلون 100 مليون دولار، في حين أن إقرارهم الضريبي يشير عكس ذلك. He disclosed the presence of people turning $ 100 million, while they recognized that tax indicates otherwise.

وفي شأن نشاط مكاتب التحويل أكد مظهر أنها «تعتمد في عملها على المصرف المركزي لأنه مصدر العملات الأجنبية»، لافتاً إلى أن اقتصاد العراق ريعي ويعتمد على عائدات النفط التي تحول إلى «صندوق تنمية العراق» ثم إلى المصرف المركزي ليبيع هذه العملات ويغطي حاجة الموازنة. In regard to the activity office conversion confirmed the appearance of it «adopt in its work on the Central Bank as a source of foreign currency», pointing out that Iraq's economy, Rei, and dependent on oil revenues transferred to the «Development Fund for Iraq» and then to the Central Bank to sell those currencies covering the needs of the budget. وتابع أن سياسات المصرف ساهمت في استقرار السوق العراقية حتى بات الدينار العراقي من أفضل عملات المنطقة لأنه يساوي 1.3 دولار، ولهذا فإن إمكان التوسع في السوق مضمون خلال هذه المرحلة. He said the bank's policies have contributed to the stability of the Iraqi market, even the Iraqi dinar has become one of the best currencies in the region because it is equal to 1.3 U.S. dollars, therefore the possibility of expansion content in the market during this phase.

Sooooo...In the effort to remain grounded, does anybody remember aprox how long it took Kuwait to get out lower denom bills, or

did they stay with the larger bills, I can't remember? Is it possible, this is the agreed rate, when officialy announced, and they can

implement the plan quickly in distributing smaller denoms within a few days (seems it's been said that the smaller denoms

ARE ALREADY PRINTED and waiting on pallets?) Don't know if that's fact or not. As I recall, the RV occurred in Kuwait

but it took about 10 days for it to show up worldwide. Would that not give them enough time to distribute the lower denoms.

All that being said, this would improve Iraq's lifestyle AND accomplish what the US and other countries desperately need.

Just asking, makes sense to me IMHO

GoooooooooooRV!!! B):DB)

Sooooo...In the effort to remain grounded, does anybody remember aprox how long it took Kuwait to get out lower denom bills, or

did they stay with the larger bills, I can't remember? Is it possible, this is the agreed rate, when officialy announced, and they can

implement the plan quickly in distributing smaller denoms within a few days (seems it's been said that the smaller denoms

ARE ALREADY PRINTED and waiting on pallets?) Don't know if that's fact or not. As I recall, the RV occurred in Kuwait

but it took about 10 days for it to show up worldwide. Would that not give them enough time to distribute the lower denoms.

All that being said, this would improve Iraq's lifestyle AND accomplish what the US and other countries desperately need.

Just asking, makes sense to me IMHO

GoooooooooooRV!!! B):DB)

Their process was done differently for different reasons.

Their situation more-so called for a re-instatement of a value of their currency. Their street value dropped overnight due to the invasion, as their printing plates were stolen & the citizens were forced to use IQD. The value of the KWD dropped to about $0.05... Fortunate enough people held onto their old KWD and upon the R/I, they arrived at a bank to exchange for a new currency which returned the value. So, the process in that situation was similar to the process of the 2003 currency exchange situation. The main difference from the KWD R/I and the IQD New note conversion was the value gained back. The IQD was basically 1:1 in a sense.. The IQD sutation also basically removed the use of Swish Francs as well.

I recall reading an article that I think that was dated back in 2006 how there was roughly 12 or so (maybe less, but 12 is the # I recall) of denominations that were printed.. But they were only utilizing about 7. We know of the 25 & 100 IQD coins, but what about the rest? They must have printed some other lower denominations incase the value shot up rather quickly to manage lower transactions.

Anyways, I would believe, that is the situation or plan goes down as a R/V, we will be basically kept in the dark up until it happens. Now, if a R/D were truly in the works, I would also believe the people would be better informed.. This includes, introduction of pictures of the new denominations, how the exchanges will occur, how the process/logitistics of the plan will be executed, and so forth. A majority of the R/D articles we have seen are basically opinions.

Keep, the R/D articles seem to have been in circulation for a couple years now. If they were to re-denominate their entire currency, one would make an assumption that we would have seen pictures of new denominations by now. Especially considering the idea of replacing all of the current notes with notes w/o the 000s. With boots on the ground, contractors, and everyones eyes on every move IQD-related, if the denominations were to exist in the near future, citizens would be informed about it.

That is what I find to be quite interesting. We are not seeing pictures, we are not seeing articles related to a new set of denominational values (Such as introduction of 25 IQD, 10 IQD, 5 IQD, and so forth), and we are hearing nothing about an upcoming entire currency exchange.

So, if a R/D were truly in the mix, you would have to think that the people would some-what be prepared for a time frame on when this starts, how long they'll have, and what all it entails. But, I am not ruling out the idea of a R/D as it is possible.

As for the following:

1) Their purchasing power ideally stays the same. The current amount of money within a citizens pocket will not give him or her the ability to go and buy more at a local market Pre-R/D or Post-R/D. It may only "appear" that way due to the smaller value assigned to goods for sale. Regardless, the way we are seeing how a R/D would play out has no effect on the citizens. A newly denominated 25 IQD buys the same amount as an old 25,000 IQD note. Unless a cash-out window is enforced to draw in 000s, the citizens may not even find it worthy to head to local banks to do an exchange. They'll just co-exist while all the old notes are removed. It will bring back memories of the pre-invasion times when the dinars, francs, and usds all co-existed, as newly denominated notes, post-invasion notes, and USD will all co-exist. It does not bring the value above $1, so it won't help decrease dollarization. And upon an official announcement, the CBI will have to cash out all outstanding 000s held by foreign holders. (Meaning, foreign reserves are impacted / reduced... As their reserves are depleted over time...) Who would buy in again? You just limited your ride of value... It was much more tempting when the ride in value seemed nearly limit-less.. Now, for most, they may have to consider a double-to-triple value in their investment.

2) I think this needs to be done regardless. The USD is falling in value, which in response is likely the reasons for the increase in inflation. It is the "downside" when you peg your currency to a more stable economy. You have to "rely" on their economy to hold a stable market. Quesiton is, do they adjust via a small % to counter-act the falling dollar, or do they move from Article XIV to VII and make a more substantial increase in value?

3) If I was a foreign investor and saw this area as a potential great investment. (But didn't believe in the IQD hoopla) I doubt I would care if they re-denominated or not. All I would care to see is my payments in USD. And producing a return on what I put into it. One would have to believe, that some foreign investors likely are holding a small amount of IQD in hopes to see a R/V occur. If they were to see them R/D, they may be a little disappointed & may lose a little faith in making returns.... I know I would, but I don't account for everybody.

To answer your question Darin if you recall this has been a plan in the making for years now. What they have been doing is getting everything in order so that IF this plan is approved, they can move forward with it. Why you say, haven't they announced or shown the new bills if this has been the idea for sometime? Its simple....because its still just a plan....the execution of this plan resides in the hands of the parliment. They have to approve this plan and the plan to issue a new currency as well. So they wouldn't go ahead and spend tons of money printing new bills yet just to have this whole plan shot down and thrown out of parliment. Then they printed all those bills for nothing....they still have to go through the correct venues to accomplish this and the next step is parliment approving the plan or not. If approved (which I hope not) then you could expect after sometime, they will announce the plans to issue a new currency.....does that make sense bro?

As for the following:

To answer your question Darin if you recall this has been a plan in the making for years now. What they have been doing is getting everything in order so that IF this plan is approved, they can move forward with it. Why you say, haven't they announced or shown the new bills if this has been the idea for sometime? Its simple....because its still just a plan....the execution of this plan resides in the hands of the parliment. They have to approve this plan and the plan to issue a new currency as well. So they wouldn't go ahead and spend tons of money printing new bills yet just to have this whole plan shot down and thrown out of parliment. Then they printed all those bills for nothing....they still have to go through the correct venues to accomplish this and the next step is parliment approving the plan or not. If approved (which I hope not) then you could expect after sometime, they will announce the plans to issue a new currency.....does that make sense bro?

Read more:

I see your reasoning behind why it has yet to be officially announced.

On a side note, I was doing some thinking and I bet most will agree & I would like to see you argue differently.

If I was a private foreign investor looking into setting up a franchise of businesses. Lets say I own a string of burger joints and I see Iraq as a great opportunity to expand my business, because every one needs to eat right? Well, I see a R/V as a potential way to accommodate the citizens with their new found wealth as I set up shop because of their buying power. See, a R/D doesn't really bring citizens out of poverty, but a R/V would. If the average Iraqi holds anywhere from 2-3 million IQD under their mattress as a basis of their life savings (Figurative #s and used for scenario).. They would suddenly have the wealth in comparison to an American citizen millionaire if the R/V were to come in at let's say $1. Families would be able to go out & eat and I would be able to supply them my services for quite some time as I already set up shop, or got the wheels in motion to do so. Now, if they were to R/D, I would see that as no change and that poverty were to still exist.

Long story short, a R/V would help the private sector as I am sure many foreign businesses would seek to provide goods & services within the country to make profits. A R/D really doesn't change that scenario. In time, the country will gain wealth upon a R/D, but a R/V would be similar to like a "sweet" stimulus package.

When people view that it won't effect foreign investors, I think they're looking at those who invest in the oil sector. The private sector will be where some money can be made upon a R/V though. A R/D, well, that really doesn't change much from pre-R/D to post-R/D... But a R/V, those citizens will look to improve their lifestyles.. Maybe buy some new computers, tvs, appliances, go out & eat, buy trendy clothes, etc.

Over time.... The economy would stabilize as people slowly dwindled their wealth down....Because obviously if they were millionaires, they wouldn't stay millionaires as they spent their money.

Some Iraqi's probably barely hold any IQD at all. They simply lives by their means as necessary and struggle to feed themselves. Well, upon the private sector opening up.. They'll be able to find jobs and make wages..They'll form a working class and I am sure most of them will be thrilled to find decent work.

Other citizens may try to use the wealth they find in starting businesses themselves...

I just see a potential private sector "boom" upon a R/V

But that is just me.

Do the math...After they LOP off 3 zeros, your million ID become 1,000 ID, then multiplied by 1.3. You just made $1.300 off of your $1.100 original investment or $200 per million ID.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/68741-iraqi-dinar-has-become-one-of-the-best-currencies-in-the-region-because-it-is-equal-to-13-us-dollars/page__st__20#ixzz1Nyd4yICN

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do the math...After they LOP off 3 zeros, your million ID become 1,000 ID, then multiplied by 1.3. You just made $1.300 off of your $1.100 original investment or $200 per million ID.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/68741-iraqi-dinar-has-become-one-of-the-best-currencies-in-the-region-because-it-is-equal-to-13-us-dollars/page__st__20#ixzz1Nyd4yICN

Yep. As I said . It's LOP alright.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I see your reasoning behind why it has yet to be officially announced.

On a side note, I was doing some thinking and I bet most will agree & I would like to see you argue differently.

If I was a private foreign investor looking into setting up a franchise of businesses. Lets say I own a string of burger joints and I see Iraq as a great opportunity to expand my business, because every one needs to eat right? Well, I see a R/V as a potential way to accommodate the citizens with their new found wealth as I set up shop because of their buying power. See, a R/D doesn't really bring citizens out of poverty, but a R/V would. If the average Iraqi holds anywhere from 2-3 million IQD under their mattress as a basis of their life savings (Figurative #s and used for scenario).. They would suddenly have the wealth in comparison to an American citizen millionaire if the R/V were to come in at let's say $1. Families would be able to go out & eat and I would be able to supply them my services for quite some time as I already set up shop, or got the wheels in motion to do so. Now, if they were to R/D, I would see that as no change and that poverty were to still exist.

Long story short, a R/V would help the private sector as I am sure many foreign businesses would seek to provide goods & services within the country to make profits. A R/D really doesn't change that scenario. In time, the country will gain wealth upon a R/D, but a R/V would be similar to like a "sweet" stimulus package.

When people view that it won't effect foreign investors, I think they're looking at those who invest in the oil sector. The private sector will be where some money can be made upon a R/V though. A R/D, well, that really doesn't change much from pre-R/D to post-R/D... But a R/V, those citizens will look to improve their lifestyles.. Maybe buy some new computers, tvs, appliances, go out & eat, buy trendy clothes, etc.

Over time.... The economy would stabilize as people slowly dwindled their wealth down....Because obviously if they were millionaires, they wouldn't stay millionaires as they spent their money.

Some Iraqi's probably barely hold any IQD at all. They simply lives by their means as necessary and struggle to feed themselves. Well, upon the private sector opening up.. They'll be able to find jobs and make wages..They'll form a working class and I am sure most of them will be thrilled to find decent work.

Other citizens may try to use the wealth they find in starting businesses themselves...

I just see a potential private sector "boom" upon a R/V

But that is just me.

that's why there will be a lop and then an rv. i thought the article was pretty clear about that.