Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Wednesday Night Chat 4-27-11

pleasantvalleySunday

Is a LOP/RD possible? Yes - very much so... Anything is possible with this investment.. But from my own personal opinion, and from logical reasoning.... Most of the articles we end up reading are people's opinions & blogs regarding misinterpretations of articles that come out of the CBI and Iraq itself.

I don't see how a LOP would make it where you carry less cash? Think about that...

If you have 2 denominations... A 25 IQD note & a 25k IQD note, and an item costs 25 or 25k IQD (Depending on if you have the old or new denom) it still takes you the same amount of bills to purchase an item.

Would it help them move away from using the dollar? Well the dollar would still hold better stability & would have a higher value.. Merchants would maybe still prefer the dollar. However, the value would still be somewhat close, I still see it accepted and in some cases preferred. With so much speculation, and people watching every article out there, and the length of time this investment is taking, we are going to see a lot of articles scaring us. Maybe to get us to sell back, or prevent us from buying up more currency.

So in reality, why LOP? It gives the perception that economy is stronger as they represent a stronger rate. But the entire money supply is equally effected. But is perception really worth the costs involved in the entire process (introducing new bills, re-denomination, the potential civil unrest as some feel wealth is lost once again, the confusion, and so forth?)

I think.... a lot of potential wealth would be lost from the buying/selling of IQD. Would they still buy/sell after a LOP? Yes, but maybe not as much as if they were to RV. CBI makes revenue from the spread. They could make a killing on revenue as the value increases based upon a RV. Every time transactions occur, they make money. People buy IQD, they make money, people sell their IQD, they make money. I just foresee more transactions happening after a RV vs. a LOP :)

Think about it this way... If they can find that perfect introduction rate. The rate where speculators cash-in, but other speculators buy-in. For every IQD cashed in, a buyer would be out there to buy-in as well. This would not effect the cash reserves, as it would fluctuate, but not necessarily be severely damaged. They could create a wider spread where some of the income made could be deposited into cash reserves as the value goes up. This helps ensure they back the value based upon their cash reserves. And as the value goes up and they draw in IQD notes, they could also reduce the money supply. Therefore, over time, reducing the amount in circulation, increasing the value, and increasing their cash reserves, while making the CBI makes profits. Problem is, they can't come out at $3, because everyone would cash out and no one would buy in again. They can't come out really at a penny as some would hold their IQD.

$0.10-$0.25 is reasonable. I think a lot of people sell based upon that... I'd have no problem selling at a quarter. Not huge profits, but, enough to create quite the return. It would also put them close to the Saudi rate, and they would still have potential to grow.

IMO, how would this effect the people? Their money maybe become more preferred to use. As the value would be higher to purchase goods locally. As the exchange rate is affected, the importation of goods would reflect that. I would believe that the M.E. countries import more than they export. Whether it is food or consumable goods. Usually countries that import more than export, seem to have higher values (See other M.E. dinars and how the dollar sits as the US economy seems to import lots of goods). Look at Asia, their exchange rates are low because they rely on more exports than imports. They create cheap labor for cheap goods to be exported.

But, even if they do LOP - I can't see them not increasing the value. If they have 50 billion in cash reserves, after a lop, they would have MORE than enough cash reserves to increase the value. 24 Trillion would become 24 billion. Technically, they have double the cash reserves of what is entirely in circulation. Which remember, they wouldn't have to cash-in what is in-country as that would be the currency used as they would only likely need to cash-out a low % of people who hold currency outside the country.

Just things to think about :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Adam thank you, and I sure hope that your opinion of NO LOP is correct. Further .10 .15 if there is not LOP would be a blessing.

That was the 2003/2004 RV speculation rate, in the (green zone) international zone for us boots on the ground back in the day.

That is why a lot of us jumped on board because it was almost believable at the time ,

Now Adam reinforcing the same rate rumour .....

I like it .Sounds like there are following the plan

If we are to believe that the Bush administration wrote this into law that Americans could invest and hold Iraq money. Assuming that this meant that eventualy it would revalue and pay for the War in Iraq and help the national economy, it would be hard to believe that the rate would come in low for where is the wealth in that to cover the cost of the War and help with our economy.

• Upvote 1

If we are to believe that the Bush administration wrote this into law that Americans could invest and hold Iraq money. Assuming that this meant that eventualy it would revalue and pay for the War in Iraq and help the national economy, it would be hard to believe that the rate would come in low for where is the wealth in that to cover the cost of the War and help with our economy.

Yes ~ True. mellow.gif Thank you for the reminder CG smile.gif

• Downvote 1

That would be me...please see my topic in OSI...Brokerage...

What if we have these questions, but we can't get into OSI? What then?

Are you the DV advisor for Belize accounts?

ADAM MONTANA THINK YOU FOR T5HE CHAT , HOWEVER I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO RENEW MY VIP THANK YOU ....LOV

Have you tried going to VIP? The tabs are at the top of the page.

Why is M wanting to dissolve the government after the 100 day deadline? Not quite getting why he would want to do this, outside of delaying things.

One of the things I've learned over the last 7 years is that Iraq is consistently changing, procrastinating, and making misleading statements. I will not be surprised to see this 100 day plan scrapped or completely forgotten about either before or after they change the value of the currency.

someone asked if there is any bank in Belize where we could deposit the dinars if it comes in low and wait for the value to increase. do you know if such banks exist

At this time no banks are taking the Dinar, but that changes when the Dinar RVs.

Please get this file and read it, I explained in great detail how we will handle cashing in and what banks will do, etc. Link to file: http://dinarnews.net/cashinguide.php

Adam I have a question about dropping the zeros from the exchange rate from 0.000851064 making it 0.851064 the rate would be $1.17 am I wrong, is it $.85?

Tricky math, isn't it? :)

You're in the right park, but running the bases backwards. Either way you end up with a good return!

That would be me...please see my topic in OSI...Brokerage...

Thanks Islandgirl7!

ADAM MONTANA THINK YOU FOR T5HE CHAT , HOWEVER I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO RENEW MY VIP THANK YOU ....LOV

http://dinarvets.com/renew.php

Adam what are your thoughts regarding to 5/3 Bank no longer selling dinar? Also, the CBI auctions being so low?

5/3 has been changing on a bank-by-bank basis for a while now. Some sold dinar, some didn't. I don't see anything important related to this.

Adam thank you, and I sure hope that your opinion of NO LOP is correct. Further .10 .15 if there is not LOP would be a blessing.

:twothumbs:

A few have commented regarding the brevity of tonight's chat. As I recall, Adam has a new baby in the family. Does anybody remember what that is like? At 9 o'clock at night I am bushed, and I just have a dog that sleeps through the night.

Well, I was wrong. Adam posted on another thread that the baby had a priority, but not the one in the diaper! Nod nod, wink wink.

Adam I see you where in before 9:00 pm CST and ran threw everything kinda quickly. I was wondering about how you came up with a low RV of .10 to .25 cents when the IMF did a report saying they could back a 2.20 rate. could you please explain more?

Regardless of what they *can* back, they will make more money if they RV low. Why give all that money away?

Especially when they can do this:

1. RV at $0.10. When 80% of us cash in, they buy their own money for that low price.

2. Steadily increase the value. They sell the same bill back to us for $0.15

3. The value keeps increasing, so we sell it back at $0.20

4. Repeat, repeat, repeat all the way up to the final resting value of $2.00 or so.

(Who made money? We ALL did. Multiple times.)

OK... so a LOP is possible after all the hype and yelling that it wouldn't happen. I hate to be a negative nancy but this is starting to look like it was all too good to be true and we will end up with a loss. Well, I guess that's the chance we took when we invested originally.

You win some, you lose some..... please believe I am just venting my personal frustration, not bashing anyone on this site at all - they are all good folks, in my opinion.

Of course it's possible, I just don't think it makes sense.

I also don't think anyone will actually lose anything... the worst thing that happens, in my opinion, is we only double or triple our money. Which, also in my opinion, is a lot better than a sharp stick in the eye! :lol:

Just thought I would throw out a question thats been on my mind...let say it RV in the morning, and I have 1,000,000 dinar. Now I'm not in a hurry to exchange it for the U.S. dollar, so I put it in a sock and stuff it under the matteress. How long will I have to convert it into dollars?

Please grab a copy of this Cash In Guide: http://dinarnews.net/cashinguide.php (It's free!)

Let's not forget everybody has an opinion and thats all I can say.

Tomorrow will be a different story.

Thanks Adam for your opinion but I respectfuly disagree with your low projection on RV rate.

And I sincerely hope you get to do the "I told you so" dance! :D

• Upvote 3

OK... so a LOP is possible after all the hype and yelling that it wouldn't happen. I hate to be a negative nancy but this is starting to look like it was all too good to be true and we will end up with a loss. Well, I guess that's the chance we took when we invested originally.

You win some, you lose some..... please believe I am just venting my personal frustration, not bashing anyone on this site at all - they are all good folks, in my opinion.

You are a Negative Nancy. Did you have a personal RV and LOP and you lost your investment? NO. So don't spread information that you can't back up. ..."was all too good to be true and we will end up with a loss...." What a downer you are. Nancy, your glass is half full, not half empty.

Rather than responding to one post, you need to do some reading, reading on this site would be good. There is much more info on the LOP, or lack thereof, than you would think. Many knowledgeable people think there will be no LOP. Is it a possibility? Sure.

Cheers!

Adam, I truly respect your conservative theories & predictions.

I'm sort of on the same page as you regarding the whole scenario on what to expect...

As I do believe a LOP/RD is a possibility, I see going that route is a safe approact to make their exchange rate seem to have more value (Basically representing a strong economy).

I don't really see it as a way for citizens to carry less cash, since, in reality, they'll still need the same # of bills in similar denominations to make their purchases (Just now some of their bills will be missing 3 zeros)

On a positive note, it may make doing calculations much easier as they will not be in the thousands. But some argue there will be confusion and a feeling of lost wealth once again.

Now, upon a RV... Like you stated, they would draw in notes... As long as the come out at a rate where there is a buyer for what they draw in, and transactions still happen to occur, I believe the CBI will make money.

As the value grows, they could realistically break-even, or, easily make profits..

In my opinion, if I was to setup shop over there.. I would hope that over time as a shop owner/business owner I would maybe benefit from the Long-term potential of the increasing value of the IQD. -- This may be more pleasing to foreign investors as well. I think the Pros outweight the Cons from a RV/vs/LoP discussion.

It appears that they like to procrasinate and disagree, but have they ever taken conservative approaches before? It seems they wait it out until it something that "has" to be done.

I wonder when the "Has to" comes into the equation.

I went to an economic summit once and a Federal Reserve Bank President was one of the speakers. After the Q and A session I had a chance to pull him aside and ask about lopping. This was last February when I first noticed the XE.com notice on re-denomination. My first question was if he was familiar with Iraq situation. He said no. I then asked if a lop made sense if there was not hyperinflation ( I did some research prior about Turkey and others who lopped with high inflation). He said that it would not make sense. He asked me if I knew what inflation was currently for Iraq. I answered (incorrect I believe, this was back in February 2010) in the LOW TEENS. He thought that was low for the region. Of course he may not be very familiar with th Iraq scenario, but I thought his central banker mindset would help me guess what the CBI was thinking.

I believe there is a potential for a lop. Why would there not be potential?

But, maybe some can help me. How is there $24 trillion in IQD, a potential for lop, and low inflation? I just feel that at least one of the three is incorrect. Thanks for the chat and post!

• Upvote 1

Well Adam, you sure mention the possibility of a lop, everytime you post now, and when I bought your e-book a year ago, you didn't give any credence to a lop. I'm just glad that I'm not paying for VIP membership, and really glad that I didn't open a Warka account. You've also gone way down on your rate prediction. You've been entertaining 10 cents, and if I'm not mistaken, in your book you stated that you felt it would be around $2.00 ( I may be wrong, so I'll read the book again ). When I made this investment it was only because Iraq's currency was way under valued. I do not believe anyone knows anything about what is going to happen to the dinar except for high ranking officials from Iraq, China, Russia, and the U.S. Everything today is, this might happen, or that might happen, if a one-legged chicken crosses the street on Wednesday the RV will happen on Thursday. I've come to the realization, that I know as much as anyone in regards to this investment, and that is the dinar is inexpensive and some day, maybe, it will increase in value. There certainly is no reason to be a VIP member or invest in Iraq, especially if they are going to "screw" the world and lop their currency. If they do lop their currency, then the U.S.A. needs to turn Iraq into glass.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Well Adam, you sure mention the possibility of a lop, everytime you post now, and when I bought your e-book a year ago, you didn't give any credence to a lop. I'm just glad that I'm not paying for VIP membership, and really glad that I didn't open a Warka account. You've also gone way down on your rate prediction. You've been entertaining 10 cents, and if I'm not mistaken, in your book you stated that you felt it would be around $2.00 ( I may be wrong, so I'll read the book again ). When I made this investment it was only because Iraq's currency was way under valued. I do not believe anyone knows anything about what is going to happen to the dinar except for high ranking officials from Iraq, China, Russia, and the U.S. Everything today is, this might happen, or that might happen, if a one-legged chicken crosses the street on Wednesday the RV will happen on Thursday. I've come to the realization, that I know as much as anyone in regards to this investment, and that is the dinar is inexpensive and some day, maybe, it will increase in value. There certainly is no reason to be a VIP member or invest in Iraq, especially if they are going to "screw" the world and lop their currency. If they do lop their currency, then the U.S.A. needs to turn Iraq into glass.

I don't believe they are "screwing" anyone with a lop. Every IQD is affected the same way, so what you could buy with 25K IQD now requires 25 IQD (gone over a hundred times). Your current value is unaffected. It may help their economy more than screw the world. In fact, if they do lop the only ones to blame are those who have hyped the IQD too much, CBI never promised large returns. I believe last February when I was re-energized on IQD, Adam had a potential rate of around 0.31 IQD/USD. I can't remember exactly, nor should I speak for him. Bye!

Still looking for help on my earlier question.

Edited by DiNaR DoCtOr