Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DONE, DONE, DONE

breault

Just another e-mail I was sent.....

WooHoo-Looks like The folks at don't promote other sites, The Get team, okie and KTFM are all RIGHT!!!!! If this is true-all we need is Shabibi to release the new rate!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iraqi PM completes cabinet...

Iraqi PM completes cabinet lineup

Politics 2/3/2011 9:24:00 PM

BAGHDAD, Feb 3 (KUNA) -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki has Thursday evening tabled to the Council of Representatives the names of candidates for the three vacancies in his cabinet.

Speaker of the legislature Osama Abdulaziz Al-Nujayfi received at his office Al-Maliki who handed him the names of the three candidates for the portfolios of commerce, electricity and state for woman affairs, according to a statement issued by Al-Maliki's office.

The statement failed to reveal the names of the would-be ministers.

The meeting reviewed the progress of dialogue among the leading parliamentary blocs in the light of the initiative of president of the semi-autonomous region of Kurdistan Masoud Barazani.

The tripartite committee, involving the National Alliance, the Iraqi List and the Kurdish bloc is striving to remove the obstacles facing the political process in the country, the statement noted.

Al-Maliki and Al-Nujayfi also discussed the recent rulings of the Federal Court and the federal budget as well as the political developments on the local, regional and international arenas, it added. (end) ahh.gb KUNA 032124 Feb 11NNNN

• Upvote 15

the names of the three candidates for the portfolios of commerce, electricity and state for woman affairs,

Read more:

WHAT!?!? Not that commerce, electricity and women affairs are not important but these are not the ministries we are looking to be filled. Am I missing something? Someone help me. I feel like I'm being sucked into the vortex of a giant black hole!

HELP ME......

• Upvote 3

Done-Done-Done.....means GOI seated, Budget passed, and RV. Close, but not there. I feel like we are the little Hampster on the wheel!!! Please just RV, and get us off this thing, I am getting dizzy with all these "it's done". Go Go RV!! :unsure::blink:

• Upvote 1

http://www.kuna.net.kw/NewsAgenciesPublicSite/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2142645&Language=en

Usually all you need to do if highlight the first part of the news then right click and if using Google Chrome you can sear Google for it. This is what I did and found this link.

Taco and Breault.......you have both just been added to the list of invitees for my "TJ's a Millionaire Party" congratulations.

• Upvote 1

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

February 3, 2011 Contact: Senator Levin's Office

Phone: 202.224.6221

[b]Opening Statement of Sen. Carl Levin, Senate Armed Services Committee Hearing on U.S. Policy toward Iraq[/b]

Welcome this morning to our witnesses, U.S. Ambassador to Iraq James Jeffrey and General Lloyd Austin, Commander, United States Forces Iraq.

Before we begin, let me also extend a warm welcome our newest members to the Armed Services Committee: Senator Jeanne Shaheen, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, and Senator Richard Blumenthal on the majority side, and Senator Rob Portman and Senator Kelly Ayotte on the minority side. We also welcome back Senator John Cornyn, who is rejoining the Committee, having previously served on the Committee for six years until 2008. This Committee has a long tradition of bipartisanship, based on our common desire to provide our men and women in uniform the support they need to carry out their missions.

Senator Reed, Senator Tester and I recently returned from visiting Iraq. One of my main impressions was that the team of Ambassador Jeffrey and General Austin is providing the strong leadership needed to manage the critical transition period over the coming year leading up to the December 2011 deadline for the withdrawal of all U.S. military forces from Iraq, a deadline that was set by President Bush and Prime Minister Maliki in the November 2008 Security Agreement they entered into. I believe you two are the right team to lead that transition. On behalf of the Committee let me thank you for your service and the service of the men and women with whom you serve.

Last December, after eight months of discussions, Iraq’s political leaders agreed to form a national unity government. But the agreement was only partial. Iraq still awaits the nominations by Prime Minister al-Maliki to the key cabinet positions of Minister of Defense, Minister of Interior, and Minister of National Security, and the resolution of issues relating to the powers of the National Council on Higher Priorities, to be headed by former Prime Minister Ayad Allawi. The pressure on the Iraqi Government to fill in these large gaps must continue.

During our trip to Iraq, we were told that plans are on track for the drawdown of U.S. forces and the shift of lead responsibility for our many programs from the Defense Department to the State Department, including training of the Iraqi Police. To carry out these responsibilities, the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad anticipates it will have some 15,000 to 20,000 personnel under its authority, including at two consulates, two embassy branch offices, three police training centers, and five Office of Security Cooperation locations. This will include thousands of State Department contractors to provide perimeter and movement security as U.S. military forces depart. Whether this transition is successful will depend in no small part on whether the State Department is provided the resources it needs to take on and sustain these responsibilities. Congress will need to do its part to ensure that the State Department has what it needs to do all it can to help secure the hard-fought gains in Iraq that have come at great sacrifice of American lives and treasure.

Significant security challenges remain in Iraq. Security incidents in 2010 were down from 2009 levels, but terrorist groups including Al Qaeda in Iraq continue to have the capacity to carry out high-profile attacks that kill dozens and wound hundreds of Iraqis. Iran remains a highly negative influence, providing support to extremist groups. Another security challenge is the instability arising from the unsettled situation in Kirkuk and the boundary dispute in the north. U.S. Forces-Iraq has worked closely with Government of Iraq and Kurdish security forces to reduce tensions and facilitate the integration of these forces.

Our goal is to leave behind an Iraq that is stable. During our trip we heard that, in general, the Iraq Security Forces have made major progress and are capable of dealing with internal security threats to the Iraqi people, and are leading those operations. However, we also heard that it will be some time before the Iraq Security Forces can provide for Iraq’s external defense. The U.S. Forces-Iraq Training and Advisory Mission is focused on “train-the-trainer” programs as the training mission is transferred to the Iraq Ministry of Defense. U.S. Forces Iraq continues to work with Iraq’s Ministries of Defense and Interior with the goal of building their minimum essential capabilities.

Iraq will continue to need support in building its capabilities to meet internal and external threats for years to come after 2011.

I am concerned, however, by the latest report from the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction which finds that the development of the Iraqi security forces is at risk from shortfalls in logistics capacity, corruption within the Ministry of Defense, and the failure to plan appropriately for the maintenance and sustainment of infrastructure and equipment. The Special IG’s report cites a report by the DOD Office of Inspector General, which warns of problems with Iraq’s development of its capability to achieve and sustain minimum materiel readiness levels for the Iraq Security Forces, saying this “could result in a downward spiral of operational readiness that would put Iraq’s security and stability at risk.” General Austin, I am interested in getting your professional military opinion on whether you agree with those assessments.

One major question is what security relationship the United States and Iraq will have once the 2008 Security Agreement expires in December. It is unclear whether the Maliki Government will seek any type of continuing U.S. military presence after December, given the terms of the security agreement that all our troops be removed by this December. Iraq needs to engage with the United States sooner rather than later if such a request is going to be forthcoming.

The Government of Iraq should understand that the days of the American taxpayer bearing the costs of developing Iraq’s security forces are ending. Iraq has significant oil revenue, which will continue to increase. According to the latest quarterly report from the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction, Iraq’s efforts to attract foreign investment continue to “bear fruit” and development of Iraq’s oil fields is making “better-than-expected progress.” We should work with the Government of Iraq to make available the equipment and training it needs for its long-term security, but Iraq should not expect us to bear the costs of its security needs.[/

Finally, an important issue for the Government of Iraq remains the security of Christian and other religious minorities. During our visit we met with leaders of Christian communities, which have suffered from suicide attacks, targeted killings, kidnappings, and other intimidation by violent extremist forces. These communities live in fear, and large numbers of Christians have either fled the country or uprooted to safer regions in northern Iraq. The leaders we met explained with pride how Iraq has been home to some of the earliest Christian communities, and Iraqi Christians do not want to have to leave their country to feel safe. Iraq has a long tradition of religious tolerance. On our visit we urged the Government of Iraq to act with urgency to provide the security necessary to preserve these ancient Christian and other religious minority communities, and to protect its religious minorities. Ambassador Jeffrey and General Austin, we know from our conversations in Iraq and here that you will continue to keep the safety of the various religious minority communities in Iraq as one of your top priorities in your discussions with the Government of Iraq.

I look forward to hearing from our witnesses this morning, and again thank them for their service.

http://levin.senate.gov/newsroom/release.cfm?id=330838

THEY LOOK HAPPY TO ME! WE COULD BE IN FOR A SURPRISE THIS WEEKEND!! ??? KEEPING HOPE ALIVE...

I DID HEAR ITS A "PROXY GOVT" (thinking it will be hashed out later, but getting it done for the CBI to get the RV on) JMO

(this is supposed to be a picture of al-Maliki & Osama Nujaifi SMILING) but i stink a loading pic here i guess, I BET WOODY HAS THE PICS HE IS BEST AT THAT...lol)

THANKS FOR THE POST!!