Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Friday Early Night Opinions @ 8:00 PM MDT - 4/12/2024

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Frank26  I told you there are four banks [for exchange]. I told you the echelon...What was the first bank?  Bank of America.  What's the second bank? [JP Morgan Chase Bank]...In my estimate, JP Morgan Chase, then Wells Fargo, then Citibank, then Bank of America (they're having some financial issues)...RON  

Sandy Ingram  Oil has risen to over $90 a barrel... OPEC is cornering itself into position of oil profits by reducing the amount of oil available...

Pimpy  Nearly everybody [In Iraq] earns less than $2,500/month. 75% of the population makes less than $770/month. 50% of them earn $540/month or less. And 25% of them earn less than $400/month. This is your average monthly salaries over there in Iraq... Labor over there is cheap.

Clare  Article "THE DOLLAR IS ON THE SUDANESE DIALOGUE TABLE IN WASHINGTON.. AL-AWADI TALKS ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THE IRAQI DINAR" Quote "the dollar file and the work of banks will be strongly present during the visit of Prime Minister Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani to Washington, suggesting that the dinar’s situation in the future will be better."

Militia Man  The Iraq stage is clearly set for Al-Sudani to come to the USA... His achievements to date are phenomenal in totality! The DFI funds have been the legal basis for depositing oil revenues in the new "IRAQ2" account with the Federal Reserve Bank in New York; so "is the expiration of EO 13303", which granted Iraq the ability for her funds to be deposited in an account to be protected with legal authority, and to be where they are now....The end of this statement is missing...

Samson  Article "THE DOLLAR IS ON THE SUDANESE DIALOGUE TABLE IN WASHINGTON ... AL-AWADI TALKS ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THE IRAQI DINAR"

Pimpy  There still seems to be some major confusion about what a real effective exchange rate is versus an actual nominal exchange rate...A Real Effective Exchange Rate is for assessing its trade capabilities...an increase in the nations REER is an indication that the exports are becoming more expensive and its imports are becoming cheaper.  It is losing its trade competitiveness.  So the REER is used to check out its competitiveness with other trade partners.  That's it...It's not the same thing as a nominal exchange rate...  

Frank26  Iraq is a sovereign nation now with a sovereign currency. Therefore IMO Sudani goes to Washington to deal with Monetary Reform and banking advancement... Billions and billions are retuning to Iraq.  It's an incredible amount of money that's coming back. It'll [DFI?] probably come back to them now or after the 15th when Sudani comes back.

:tiphat:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

Executive Order 13668 of May 27, 2014, must continue in effect beyond May 22, 2023.  Therefore, in accordance with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency with respect to the stabilization of Iraq declared in Executive Order 13303.

I'm not understanding why everyone is saying that 13303 has expired.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

Sandy Ingram  Oil has risen to over $90 a barrel... OPEC is cornering itself into position of oil profits by reducing the amount of oil available

With EID officially ending it will be bombs away....Iran attacking Israel....let's see where the price of oil goes then....😯     CL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, fnbplanet said:

Executive Order 13668 of May 27, 2014, must continue in effect beyond May 22, 2023.  Therefore, in accordance with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency with respect to the stabilization of Iraq declared in Executive Order 13303.

I'm not understanding why everyone is saying that 13303 has expired.

Because Biden indicated he would NOT be continuing EO 13303 come May 2024. He last signed it on 16 May 2023...and it expires midnight on 15 May 2024...RON 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

8 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

With EID officially ending it will be bombs away....Iran attacking Israel....let's see where the price of oil goes then....😯     CL

Already back up to almost $5 at Costco here in San Diego. $4.95

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

This article says it all. 

There may be a Washington breakthrough in the USD-IQD ER.   

Implementing the agreement may be at another time.   

I believe Sudani will return to Iraq after his Washington visit, then make some monetary announcement.

It's all about Iraq & less about us.  IMHO.

Go RV.

Samson  Article "THE DOLLAR IS ON THE SUDANESE DIALOGUE TABLE IN WASHINGTON ... AL-AWADI TALKS ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THE IRAQI DINAR"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 1

I am not sure that Sudani is here about the dinar.  I think he is here to work something out about our presence in Iraq.  Maybe try to get everyone out of Iraq.  I really really think that would be a bad thing right now for everyone concerned.  With Israel and Iran having issues, and Israel and Hamas, not to mention the terrorist groups all over the middle east, I think we need to be there.  I would love to see us get out, and leave them to fend to themselves, but if we get sucked into this mess, we need to have bases in the area.  The Iraqi's think they can defend themselves, but I doubt it!  JMHO   :jester:

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Luigi1 said:

This article says it all. 

There may be a Washington breakthrough in the USD-IQD ER.   

Implementing the agreement may be at another time.   

I believe Sudani will return to Iraq after his Washington visit, then make some monetary announcement.

It's all about Iraq & less about us.  IMHO.

Go RV.

Samson  Article "THE DOLLAR IS ON THE SUDANESE DIALOGUE TABLE IN WASHINGTON ... AL-AWADI TALKS ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THE IRAQI DINAR"

Time will reveal all!

• Upvote 1