Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Thursday Morning Opinions - 11:05 AM MDT - 2/15/2024

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Pimpy  Ms Plasschaert  [UN special envoy for Iraq], she's another subject of rumors that are going around the dinar community - that she's getting ready to step down...because she's no longer needed because they're about to change the exchange rate and the sanctions are getting ready to be lifted off. That's not the case. That's also false. 

Militia Man  Iraq is a border country with Kuwait.  Iraq is considerably larger than Kuwait...They have massive amount of oil...liquid natural gas...gold...some of the biggest mineral deposits in the world that Kuwait does not have.  You have to ask, why did they bring this up? - Article Quote: "The Kuwaiti dinar ranked on the throne of currencies in the world for the year 2024 while the US dollar came in last place on the list of 10 strongest global currencies ...the dinar of the Gulf State is divided into 1,000 smaller units known as fils." [Post 1 of 2 Reposted ]

Militia Man   Iraq does not have fils. They're going to be talking about fils because whyBecause...Al-Sudani has stated the dinar is stronger than the dollar. They're going to need to be able to make change...When they bring this up with Iraq's situation I think they're doing it in a manner that suggests the region can support Iraq having a strong currency stronger than the dollar. [Post 2 of 2]

:tiphat:

Edited by ronscarpa
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

It wouldn't surprise me if they lopped the three zeroes off the paper currency and then reinstated the old rate saying then that the dinar was stronger than the dollar at $3 plus per dinar. 

it would be an ugly twist on what we want but I just don't trust them. I was told by a middle eastern acquaintance one time that it is common practice to lie if it will benefit them. 

Don't mean to be a downer but one never knows. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

Don't believe in the lop!   I don't believe they would get by with that with their own people, who have been stashing their dinars away, waiting for them to revalue.    Why would they stash them?  I am betting, because they believe the same as we do.  👍

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3

When Russia lopped 25 years ago they had run away inflation.  They didn't give the poplulation enough time to exchange all their currency, so many many people lost great amounts of cash.  They later would try to fob those worthless bills off on foreigners as change.  The way I understand it,  Iraq does not have the same problem with inflation.  And if they did, they would have lopped years ago.  I believe they are holding out for a large exchange rate so the general population will have more buying power and the economy will benefit from the new prosperity.  I just wish they could figure out how to go ahead and do it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

5 hours ago, trvlr787 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they lopped the three zeroes off the paper currency and then reinstated the old rate saying then that the dinar was stronger than the dollar at $3 plus per dinar. 

it would be an ugly twist on what we want but I just don't trust them. I was told by a middle eastern acquaintance one time that it is common practice to lie if it will benefit them. 

Don't mean to be a downer but one never knows. 

Not a downer at all. 

This has always been a possibility. 

Lying  is definitely a part of the culture. I've seen it firsthand. 

But then again, it's also part of our governments culture. So the middle east doesn't have a monopoly on it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

If they were going to lop they could have done it years ago and saved millions of dollars! There will be no lop! JMHO! It's common knowledge that muslims are taught to lie! This is just part of the sorriness that comes with dealing with these people! I don't believe a word they say!  :cowboy2:

• Pow! 1

3 hours ago, Artitech said:

If they were going to lop they could have done it years ago and saved millions of dollars! There will be no lop! JMHO! It's common knowledge that muslims are taught to lie! This is just part of the sorriness that comes with dealing with these people! I don't believe a word they say!  :cowboy2:

👏much like politicians and media outlets msm..all liars 

13 hours ago, Linda Bower said:

They didn't give the population enough time to exchange all their currency, so many many people lost great amounts of cash. 

Hopefully , what happened in Russia won't happen to dinar holders ( when we cash out ) when this baby really pops one day.