Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Trade Bank: The first shipment of US dollars arrives

RJG

91220231047800_photo_2023-12-09_21-45-29.jpg
PM:09:44:09/12/2023

The Trade Bank of Iraq (TBI) announced today, Saturday, the arrival of the first shipment of US dollars.

The bank stated in a brief statement, a copy of which was received by NRT Arabic, that “
 this measure comes within the bank’s plan to support the banking sector and to cover its customers’ requests for cash withdrawals of this currency, and to work to stabilize the exchange rate in the local markets.”
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RJG said:

91220231047800_photo_2023-12-09_21-45-29.jpg
PM:09:44:09/12/2023

The Trade Bank of Iraq (TBI) announced today, Saturday, the arrival of the first shipment of US dollars.

The bank stated in a brief statement, a copy of which was received by NRT Arabic, that “
 this measure comes within the bank’s plan to support system" rel="">support the banking sector and to cover its customers’ requests for cash withdrawals of this currency, and to work to stabilize the exchange rate in the local markets.”

I don't get why they are still getting dollars if they are going to use dinars only.

• Pow! 3

5 hours ago, 3n1 said:

lets go brandon ....

Don't forget that he was the "point guy" for Iraq under O'bummer when serving as VP.

As I recall, at the same time, O'Biden's brother James/Jim was handed a fat housing contract for construction in Iraq, without much housing construction experience ...............

Not much said about that detail now ?  ............. Hummmm ??  ............. I wonder why ??

I wonder how much got "kicked back" to the White house for the pallets of $$$$$ cash delivered on the tarmac to Tehran ??

Just sayin' and askin'  ............

7 hours ago, screwball said:

its pretty clear what this money is intended to be used for.

Semper Fi :salute:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Hotcurl said:

Don't forget that he was the "point guy" for Iraq under O'bummer when serving as VP.

As I recall, at the same time, O'Biden's brother James/Jim was handed a fat housing contract for construction in Iraq, without much housing construction experience ...............

Not much said about that detail now ?  ............. Hummmm ??  ............. I wonder why ??

I wonder how much got "kicked back" to the White house for the pallets of $$$$$ cash delivered on the tarmac to Tehran ??

Just sayin' and askin'  ............

Semper Fi :salute:

i personally believe the money will be used to pay for imports. lets not forget salaries being paid to erbil from iraqs state owned banks today......until the give their dinar purchasing power they still need to pay salaries

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Hotcurl said:

i tried to follow this back in the day 2011- 2012 ? , not sure hill international ever built a single home in iraq funny when joes brother james got on hill international board of directors they were awarded a 1.5 billion dollar contract im sure its purely coincidental though , VP joe at the time was a very busy globe trotting VP ... we wait

https://nypost.com/2012/10/23/crony-capitalism-joe-bidens-brother/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

The banks have to stock up on foreign currency to do international trade. They now control the documentary credits for trade. The agreement with the CBI said 10 banks can have the dollars for trade.  Those banks will work direclty with JP Morgan Chase.  They will continue to receive dollars for trade.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4