Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sunday Lunchtime Opinions @ 1:24 PM CDT - 4/23/2023

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when.  They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ...  :twothumbs: RON 

Militia Man  Al-Sudani said, 'now'.  That is a very key point to where we're headed.  He comes back a little bit later and he said the dinar is going to be a little bit stronger.  He implies 1.5 times.  Be careful how you think about that.  Some of the folks out there seem to think that means it's $1.50 but...he's talking about the official exchange rate - 1310 [which equals approximately] .00076336...But when he says 1.5 times that's a totally different equations because currencies are valued by reciprocals...what's 1.5 x .00076336? Turns out to be about .0015405... :twothumbs:

:tiphat:

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

Militia Man "he's talking about the official exchange rate - 1310 [which equals approximately] .00076336...But when he says 1.5 times that's a totally different equations because currencies are valued by reciprocals...what's 1.5 x .00076336? Turns out to be about .0015405..." :twothumbs:

That would equate out to $1540.50/million IQD. So if you paid $1200/mil you will have made a $340 profit (28.33%), and if you paid $1000/mil you made a $540 profit (54%). That would be minus exchange fees and any taxes. In any case that's better than nothing..! :twothumbs::tiphat:

Now, if this is actually the case, and they float it from there I believe it will increase in value rather quickly - depending on any IMF restrictions. We shall see soon enough. Blessings - RON 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

15 minutes ago, ronscarpa said:

That would equate out to $1540.50/million IQD. So if you paid $1200/mil you will have made a $340 profit (28.33%), and if you paid $1000/mil you made a $540 profit (54%). That would be minus exchange fees and any taxes. In any case that's better than nothing..! :twothumbs::tiphat:

Now, if this is actually the case, and they float it from there I believe it will increase in value rather quickly - depending on any IMF restrictions. We shall see soon enough. Blessings - RON 

Hey.  It's a start.  It has to start somewhere.  Let the RV-RI begin.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

5 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when.  They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ...  :twothumbs: RON 

Militia Man  Al-Sudani said, 'now'.  That is a very key point to where we're headed.  He comes back a little bit later and he said the dinar is going to be a little bit stronger.  He implies 1.5 times.  Be careful how you think about that.  Some of the folks out there seem to think that means it's $1.50 but...he's talking about the official exchange rate - 1310 [which equals approximately] .00076336...But when he says 1.5 times that's a totally different equations because currencies are valued by reciprocals...what's 1.5 x .00076336? Turns out to be about .0015405... :twothumbs:

:tiphat:

Ok first off...anyone that knows, did Sudani actually say anything about this like MM claims?

All the gurus started talking about this when the article "Central Bank: Car showrooms will deal in Iraqi dinars" The article makes no mention of 1.5 times as MM states.

Then we have WS & Frankie boy claiming that $1.50 is the neer rate. (nominal effective exchange rate)

As well we have Frankie boy & WS claiming the current exchange rate (not public yet) is 1132, which would make the figures different with Ron's post. But keep in mind that Frank is known for VERY tall tales.

• Pow! 1

Original quote from the news article;

the real value of the dinar that exists now is more than a dinar and a half, because the bank's reserves are very high and therefore the cover of the national currency is high."

My opinion;

All they’re saying is because of high foreign currency reserves they can cover monetary mass 1.5 times or by 150%

Militia Man  Al-Sudani said, 'now'.  That is a very key point to where we're headed.  He comes back a little bit later and he said the dinar is going to be a little bit stronger.  He implies 1.5 times.  Be careful how you think about that.  Some of the folks out there seem to think that means it's $1.50 but...he's talking about the official exchange rate - 1310 [which equals approximately] .00076336...But when he says 1.5 times that's a totally different equations because currencies are valued by reciprocals...what's 1.5 x .00076336? Turns out to be about .0015405... 

My opinion based on the above;

$1/1310 =$0.0007633 

$0.0007633 x 1.5 =$0.001144

Guess will happen after deleting the 000

Go Stronger dinar $1+

• Upvote 4
  • Pow! 2

From my perspective - .0015405, not even worth it or even a reasonable rate of return for the 10-12 or 15 years' time frame involved and not including the mental gymnastics for the time spent on this roller coaster. 

Nor is it a true reflection of an exchange rate for a country with the natural resources and cash flow that Iraq has. 

I know this is the Rumor section thus I treat it as such but I agree with Ron - "We shall see soon enough".

RV there yet ? :pirateship:

Semper Fi :salute:

• Pow! 1

23 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

the real value of the dinar that exists now is more than a dinar and a half, because the bank's reserves are very high and therefore the cover of the national currency is high."

My opinion;

All they’re saying is because of high foreign currency reserves they can cover monetary mass 1.5 times or by 150%

Militia Man  Al-Sudani said, 'now'.  That is a very key point to where we're headed.  He comes back a little bit later and he said the dinar is going to be a little bit stronger.  He implies 1.5 times.  Be careful how you think about that.  Some of the folks out there seem to think that means it's $1.50 but...he's talking about the official exchange rate - 1310 [which equals approximately] .00076336...But when he says 1.5 times that's a totally different equations because currencies are valued by reciprocals...what's 1.5 x .00076336? Turns out to be about .0015405... 

$1/1310 =$0.0007633 

Go Stronger dinar $1+

great post this is what happens when you apply logic!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

19 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

Militia Man what's 1.5 x .00076336? Turns out to be about .0015405..." 

3 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

0.15US (15 cents)

0.0015405 delete 2 zeros , it becomes 1 dinar=0.15USD ( 15 cents ). But, Have you ever read the articles somewhere about cbi delete " 2 zeros " instead of  " 3 zeros "??

20 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

Militia Man.But when he says 1.5 times that's a totally different equations because currencies are valued by reciprocals...what's 1.5 x .00076336? Turns out to be about .0015405...

=0.00076336+( 0.00076336 x 1.5 )

=0.00076336+0.00114504

=0.00191 USD delete 3 zeros

=1.91USD.

That means 1 dinar=1.91 USD.

• Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

17 hours ago, NoviceInvestor said:

0.15US (15 cents)

11 hours ago, NoviceInvestor said:

No I haven’t read that news, however will follow it up .. Thank you 🙂

Actually , I really can live with 15 cents. But since Iraq prefer delete 3 zeros , then I still prefer choose $1.5 instead of 15 cents if you know what I mean.

• Upvote 2

On 4/23/2023 at 5:19 PM, Laid Back said:

My opinion;

$1/1310 =$0.0007633 

Go Stronger dinar $1+

I like where you are going with this. Delete the 3 zeros and get $1.14. I remember reading similar math at around $1.17 or so. Makes sense—stronger than the dollar, but not crazy like Bruce the goose and others throw out there every week. 

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3

2 minutes ago, Fairways&Greens said:

I like where you are going with this. Delete the 3 zeros and get $1.14. I remember reading similar math at around $1.17 or so. Makes sense—stronger than the dollar, but not crazy like Bruce the goose and others throw out there every week. 

$1.17 works for me ............

Just do it and say you did  .............

This "financial waterboarding" has gotten really old ................

RV there yet ? :pirateship:

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 3

2 hours ago, Fairways&Greens said:

Also very close to rate the used in the feasibility study on the dinar exchange rate $1.13 by the ministry of planning.

- Easy way to De-dollarize the country 

- Real purchasing power

Go Stronger Dinar $1+

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 3