Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Professor Speaks Out About Alleged Sexual Assault By Kavanaugh

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

So then people can't change their stars?.....Those forsaken with demonic notions will never change and are destined to failure?  No wonder people just give up.  And I know enough about Catholicism to leave it to others without passing judgment....constitutionally protected freedom of religion and all.

GO RV, then BV

You can play your word games all you want, but people of integrity understand what I'm saying. 

You want to pretend that by blanketing all people in my synopsis that I'm suggesting what you have just said, But 

the reality is that what I am claiming is that a PERSON RAISED TO BE A GOOD CATHOLIC and was actually attempting to 

follow it would not do the things that Kavanaugh is accused of. To do so would be akin to jumping into a vat of boiling oil. 

And the very fact that you can make a statement about Catholicism that you just did proves that you know nothing of

Catholicism except what you hear from the demented left. 

Try going to a Priest and asking some real questions like I did. Knowing you the way I do I think you would be pleasantly surprised

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have stated earlier in my posts that if Kavanaugh is guilty then he should not be confirmed to the SC.  After listening to our Senate leaders for 2 days now I stand by my statement.  However, from what I heard the last 2 days I did not see any real evidence for Kavanaugh to NOT be confirmed.  There was a compelling statement from Dr. Ford but NO evidence, not yet.  Today the Senate Committee has agreed to a one week delay to allow the FBI an opportunity to question all witnesses.  This is what the Democrats wanted and so we wait.  

While we are allowing the FBI an opportunity to go back 36 years to investigate an accusation then I believe it is only fair that the FBI investigate Bill Clinton for the woman he groped but never had a fair shake.  I would like to see Keith Ellison’s alleged foul play investigated.  I would like to see if Corey Booker and the rest of the 11 Democrats on the Committee could hold up to 6 FBI back ground Investigations going back 36 years. I would like to see the FBI investigate HRC and her Email Server crime,  since she didn’t get a REAL Investigation during the 2016 election. 

You see imo, we are losing our Judicial System. We have one set of rules for Republicans and their supporters and another one for Democrats and their supporters.  Don’t get me wrong, todays delay in an effort to establish some sort of truth is not a problem with me.  The problem I have is with the hysteria, the process, and the indecency of how 2 people’s lives were unnecessarily destroyed to create a spectacle and to create a narrative for the Democrats.  What we are continuing to see is a dual judicial system.  HRC gets nothing for her email server crime while President Trump is accused of Russian Collusion when it’s very obvious there is none.  How about we have the Real FBI investigate the FBI and the DOJ for their crimes against President Trump

By all accounts a decent man who has been serving our country for over 25 years is being tried and assumed guilty with NO real evidence. In our Judicial System the burden of proof is not on the accused but the accuser.  That isn’t happening in this case and it sets a very very dangerous precedent.  Imo, this entire charade is an attempt by the Democrats to delay the process until the elections in hopes they can regain Congress and call the shots.   Politics at its worst.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Don’t get me wrong, todays delay in an effort to establish some sort of truth is not a problem with me.

Don't get me wrong. Today's delays are an effort to dig up more false witnesses so that the man can be put through more of a wringer along with his family. 

That is a problem with me. The Rule of Law is being ridden around like a tired horse and put away wet. No regard for the accused or their right to a fair trial.

Accuse em, their guilty, jail em. The Dems had better be careful. This is going to come back and bite them in the big behinds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

I believe the FBI is only to investigate Dr Ford’s and Kavanaugh’s witnesses.  This shouldn’t take more than a few days. Look for a vote by Tuesday.   

I agree with you in in that I suspect we will see a few more bogus accusers in the next few days. If that happens you will see McConnell hold a vote by the entire Senate and it will not end well for the Democrats.   The Confirmation Committee has already agreed to confirm Kavanaugh by a vote of 11-10 along party lines. Senator Flake requested the delay to help secure his vote as well as a few others who suggested they were uncomfortable voting for Judge Kavanaugh without the FBI Investigation ( votes by the entire Senate, it will be very close if it goes down party lines the Reps need every vote from their Senators. This delay should secure all the Rep Senators and maybe. Few Dem Senators from Red States) 

If the witnesses are telling the truth that they stated in the Senate Investigation then this will be over soon.  The Republicans have bent over backwards to be respectful to Dr Ford and now an FBI Investigation should clear Judge Kavanaugh and take away any concerns by women voters.  I also agree with you, the Democrats have made a mockery of the process and it has shown who they are and what they are about.  I think it will backfire on them in the coming elections

Greenie from me for your opinion. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

I believe the FBI is only to investigate Dr Ford’s and Kavanaugh’s witnesses.  This shouldn’t take more than a few days. Look for a vote by Tuesday.   

I agree with you in in that I suspect we will see a few more bogus accusers in the next few days. If that happens you will see McConnell hold a vote by the entire Senate and it will not end well for the Democrats.   The Confirmation Committee has already agreed to confirm Kavanaugh by a vote of 11-10 alone party  lines. Senator Flake requested the delay to help secure his vote as well as a few others who suggested they were uncomfortable voting for Judge Kavanaugh without the FBI Investigation. If the witnesses are telling the truth that they stated in the Senate Investigation then this will be over soon.  The Republicans have bent over backwards to be respectful to Dr Ford and now an FBI Investigation should clear Judge Kavanaugh and take away any concerns by women voters.  I also agree with you, the Democrats have made a mockery of the process and it has shown who they are and what they are about.  I think it will backfire on them in the coming elections

Greenie from me for your opinion. 

Pitcher and everyone above.........I would have to agree that it should be a simple process and over quite quickly......

That said Ford's Attorney has come out Objecting to Any Artificial Time line like say 1 week.........She wants to get to the bottom of everything including the other 2 allegation.......Ramirez and Swetnick which could take years to dig up all the people if they ever existed to start with.

It is all a Sham on the Constitution, the American People and any sort of Justice System much like the mueller probe into Russia and Trump......2 Years and Nothing.

This is going to get uglier as time goes on until the liberals ccan dig up a few people to claim they were part of the Rape Gangs and all the Girls that were Raped.

Soro's and the liberals can find enough Homeless Crack Heads that are so Traumatized by the past it destroyed their lives for $1000.

Just sayin....this isn't over yet.

Best deal right now would be let it go 1 week and if it looks like it is dragging on and getting worse for Kavanaugh is pull him for the time being.....Ginsburg can't live forever.

Pull Kavanaugh and replace him with Judge Jeanne Pirro  and watch as liberals heads explode...........What the Flip  do they do now? 

Karsten

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Karsten said:

Pitcher and everyone above.........I would have to agree that it should be a simple process and over quite quickly......

That said Ford's Attorney has come out Objecting to Any Artificial Time line like say 1 week.........She wants to get to the bottom of everything including the other 2 allegation.......Ramirez and Swetnick which could take years to dig up all the people if they ever existed to start with.

It is all a Sham on the Constitution, the American People and any sort of Justice System much like the mueller probe into Russia and Trump......2 Years and Nothing.

This is going to get uglier as time goes on until the liberals ccan dig up a few people to claim they were part of the Rape Gangs and all the Girls that were Raped.

Soro's and the liberals can find enough Homeless Crack Heads that are so Traumatized by the past it destroyed their lives for $1000.

Just sayin....this isn't over yet.

Best deal right now would be let it go 1 week and if it looks like it is dragging on and getting worse for Kavanaugh is pull him for the time being.....Ginsburg can't live forever.

Pull Kavanaugh and replace him with Judge Jeanne Pirro  and watch as liberals heads explode...........What the Flip  do they do now? 

Karsten

No worries.......this is almost over....and the whole country has watched as the left has exposed to the nation.......just who they are, and what they represent!!!

Not a pretty thing!!

CL

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

This kind of thinking is how we got to this place. Believing for one second that any of the Demoncraps and their wimpy supporters are doing ANYTHING but stalling is suicide. 

We're at war people, and now is the time to pull ur heads out of ur butts and start shooting. Politically, before this turns into a real shootout. 

The Evil that will stop at nothing to get their way against the will of the people MUST BE ANNIHILATED at the voting booth. Or America will absolutely go into a full civil war. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Karsten, from what I’ve read and heard the Reps are not going to be listening to much more of the Dems stalling tactics. The FBI should be able to wrap this up fairly quick which should alleviate any Reps concerns about not giving Dr Ford here due process.  Now if the FBI comes back with damning evidence all bets are off.  We’ll see.  I will say this about the entire process.  It needs to be rethought and rules need to be implemented so future nominees don’t have to go through this garbage again. This confirmation process has definitely made a mockery of our Judicial process.  You can blame the Dems for this mess.  They have Borked Judge Kavanaugh and that is a crying shame.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

This kind of thinking is how we got to this place. Believing for one second that any of the Demoncraps and their wimpy supporters are doing ANYTHING but stalling is suicide. 

We're at war people, and now is the time to pull ur heads out of ur butts and start shooting. Politically, before this turns into a real shootout. 

The Evil that will stop at nothing to get their way against the will of the people MUST BE ANNIHILATED at the voting booth. Or America will absolutely go into a full civil war. 

I have to agree.  You have hit the nail on the head with this one.  But and I say but, I just don't think Grassy,  Graham and Cruz I believe will fight for all to be rapped up in a week.  All we can do is pray that this is so otherwise all you have said is truth, truth and more truth

barb

• Thanks 1

LadyGrace I understand your passion and I like to read your firey posts.  Did you see Lindsey Graham.  How about Ted Cruz.  They were not passive.  They were strong and called the Dems out.  How Flake got on that committee is beyond me.  Let’s give it a few more days and see what happens. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

FBI questions to Dr. Ford, and answers:

• [Q] When did this event occur? [A] I can't remember, but if you find the summer that Mark Judge was working at Safeway, it was that summer.
  • [Q] Where did this event take place? [A] All I remember is that it was a house somewhere between my parent's house and the country club.
  • [Q] So, this means that we can narrow the search down to about 8 miles. Can you at least give us a better idea in that area where this party might have been? [A] All I remember is driving from my parent's house to this home, and it was on the way to the country club.
  • [Q] Can you name who drove you to the party? [A] No, I don't remember.
  • [Q] Can you name who drove you home from the party? [A] No, I don't' remember.
  • [Q] Can you name anyone else at the party who can corroborate your story? [A] Well, Kavanaugh, Mark Judge, and Leland Ingham Keyser.
  • [Q] Well, we already have sworn affidavits from them and they all say they don't remember the party and Leland says she can't even remember who Kavanaugh is. Is there anyone else you can name? [A] No, not really.

At this point the FBI agent would close his notepad and say, "Thank you Dr. Ford. We will get back to you if we find anything else." And then, he would walk out the door.

Indy

Edited by Indraman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

And of course the back story.......

Listening to NPR they announced Flake was voting yes.........so I flipped to CNN to see what their spin would be.........and of course they had a live feed of Flake being confronted/screamed at by a couple of latino Ladies.......odd it was CNN having it live......at an elevator.....with no security.........??

So who were these victims, and why were they there?  Read the article link below  Seems one was up from Florida to protest against Kavanaugh for the whole week.......wonder who paid for that?  Apparently both victims had never told their families about what had happened.........hmm.......is that odd........then they do the big reveal here.......on live TV

Perhaps there needs to be some further investigation on these two victims........CL

https://globalnews.ca/news/4498972/jeff-flake-elevator-maria-gallagher-ana-maria-archila/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

MHow the FBI will conduct its one-week investigation into Ford's allegation against Kavanaugh - and without any search warrants or subpoenas

• Clock is ticking for FBI agents to complete the investigation by Thursday
  • Experts say that given the limited scope of the probe it should be possible
  • Agents will speak to the alleged witnesses mentioned by Ford in her claim
  • The FBI will summarize the conversations and deliver the results to Congress
  • Agency may also try to find any records or documents to corroborate the claim
  • FBI will provide any evidence they find but will not offer analysis or conclusions 

On Friday, President Donald Trump ordered the FBI to complete a one-week investigation into the Christine Blasey Ford's claim that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh attempted to rape her when they were both in high school, which he strenuously denies.

The FBI probe into the allegations is not a criminal investigation, but rather an expansion on Kavanaugh's background check, and will thus not involve search warrants or subpoenas.

Within the FBI, such investigations are known as 'special presidential inquiries', and they typically consist of voluntary interviews of the primary subject and any relevant potential witnesses.

In this case, Trump was forced to order the one-week investigation, which was highly sought by Senate Democrats, after Republican Senator Jeff Flake announced he would not back a full Senate vote to confirm Kavanaugh until the probe took place. 

The FBI has one week to complete an investigation into Christine Blasey Ford's (above) claim that Kavanaugh held her down and tried to remove her clothes in 1982

The FBI has one week to complete an investigation into Christine Blasey Ford's (above) claim that Kavanaugh held her down and tried to remove her clothes in 1982

Kavanaugh (above) strenuously denies Ford's claims and has agreed to cooperate with any law enforcement investigation into the allegations 

Kavanaugh (above) strenuously denies Ford's claims and has agreed to cooperate with any law enforcement investigation into the allegations 

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley said on Friday night that the expanded background investigation will be limited to 'current credible allegations' against Kavanaugh.

Although a week may not seem like much time, experts believe that given the probe's limited scope will allow the FBI to complete its investigation within the deadline.

'There's going to be a lot of overtime work by these agents, and there's going to be a lot of late nights at FBI headquarters to put this whole report together, but it will get done within the timeframe the President has stated,' David Gomez, who retired from the FBI after serving 27 years, told KOMO

The work will begin with the assignment of a 'case agent', likely in the Washington Field Office. Given the highly politicized nature of the probe, the task is likely to be considered an unpleasant one for whomever draws the assignment.

The case agent will begin by generating a list of leads for potential interviewees, and send the list out to field offices close to the homes of the the various interview subjects.

Loaded: 0

'I've been involved in FBI background investigations both for myself and as someone who's a witness for others, like judges, Barbara McQuade, a University of Michigan Law professor and former US attorney, told Slate

'Frequently what will happen is that I'll get a call from an FBI agent who will say, 'I'm conducting an FBI background investigation of Person X. Could I come talk to you tomorrow, because they've only given me two days to do this investigation.''

The interviews could take place at the person's home, the FBI field office, or even a coffee shop, McQuade said. 

Mark Judge, who Ford claims was in the room and participated in the alleged attack, will likely be considered a key interview subject by the FBI.

Judge has denied any knowledge of Ford's allegations, and has said he is willing to speak to the FBI for their probe.

Agents may also want to speak with two men who contacted the Judiciary Committee independent of each other claiming that they were the person who attacked Ford in 1982.

Republicans revealed that they had conducted interviews with the men on the eve of Thursday's blockbuster hearing, but did not bring up their claims in the hearing, a likely signal that they did not find the men credible.

Mark Judge is seen on Monday outside of a friend's home on the Delaware shore. He has said he will participate in the FBI interview

Mark Judge is seen on Monday outside of a friend's home on the Delaware shore. He has said he will participate in the FBI interview

Mark Judge (left) and Kavanaugh are seen together in high school. Ford claims they were together during the alleged attack, which both men strongly deny

Mark Judge (left) and Kavanaugh are seen together in high school. Ford claims they were together during the alleged attack, which both men strongly deny

As well, Ford named two other individuals who she says were present in the house in suburban Maryland. Both have said they don't recall any such gathering, but the FBI will likely seek further information in interviews with them. 

From the interviews, FBI agents will generate what are known as 302s, named after the form used.

The 302s will contain summaries of what each interview subject told the FBI agent who interviewed them. They will not include any analysis or conclusions about the veracity of the person's statements - although lying to the FBI is a crime.

In addition to the interviews, agents could attempt to seek documents and records that might corroborate Ford's allegation or Kavanaugh's denial.

Ford said in her testimony that she saw Judge several weeks after the alleged attack working at a Safeway, so the agency by try to get employment records from Judge or the supermarket chain.

They could also ask the Columbia Country Club, where Ford says she swam on the day of the alleged attack, if any visitor logs still exist from the summer of 1982.

The agents could also review the calendars that Kavanaugh submitted to the Judiciary Committee to see if there are other interview subjects listed in them who might provide further information. 

Since Ford is unable to specify where she alleges the attack took place, FBI agents may also examine housing records to determine where individuals connected to the allegation lived at the time, and whether floor plans of those houses match her description.

'It's unlikely that there's any physical evidence remaining from a sexual assault attempt that may or may not have happened over 30 years ago,' said McQuade. 

'Although it's been suggested that Judge Kavanaugh should submit to a polygraph test, I think that would be highly unlikely and highly unusual. Polygraphs are used to assess the credibility of witnesses and defendants, but to ask him to do that strikes me as something they probably won't do,' she said. 

The 302s and any other evidence gathered will be delivered to the White House no later than Thursday, and transmitted from there to the Judiciary Committee.

Trump has expressed confidence that nothing revealed in the investigation will impact Kavanaugh's nomination.

'He will someday be recognized as a truly great Justice of The United States Supreme Court!' Trump tweeted on Friday night.

The confirmation vote could be scheduled on Friday, over the weekend, or sometime over the week of October 7.

'This is a nomination that deserves to move forward - and that is precisely what is happening,' Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Republican from Kentucky, said on the Senate floor on Friday. 'Now we will keep the process moving.'

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Maryland Authorities Say They Will Investigate Kavanaugh if Ford Files Complaint

Christine Blasey Ford, the woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her at a party 36 years ago, testifies before the US Senate Judiciary Committee on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, September 27, 2018.

Local Maryland law enforcement and legal authorities say they are prepared to investigate the sexual assault allegations against embattled Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh–if Christine Blasey Ford is willing to file a criminal complaint.

A September 28 letter co-authored by Montgomery County Chief of Police, J. Thomas Manger, and Montgomery County State’s Attorney, John J. McCarthy outlines the scenario going forward. The letter notes

We remain prepared to investigate any allegation, should a victim come forward. To date, there have been no criminal reports filed with the Montgomery County Department of Police that would lead to the initiation of any criminal investigation related to Judge Kavanaugh…The Montgomery County Police Department and the Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office stand ready to investigate any sexual assault allegation from any victim where the incident occurred in our jurisdiction.

The letter also notes that both offices consider the testimony of an alleged victim paramount to the initiation of such investigations. The letter also clarifies that this approach is line with both national standards and respected Old Line State sexual assault survivor advocacy networks.

“Law enforcement agencies and victim advocacy groups from around the nation promote a victim-centered policy toward sexual assault investigations,” the letter reads, “Efforts to not revictimize a sexual assault survivor are essential. We agree with the Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault and their Executive Director, Lisae Jordan, that the willingness of a survivor to come forward to law enforcement is an important factor in any criminal investigation.”

The letter underscores the above points on several occasions, noting in another paragraph, “The decision to report the crime of sexual assault or rape to law enforcement is a deeply personal one and a decision that must be made by the survivor. Our agencies understand and appreciate the impact that sexual assault has on survivors and investigate all reports to law enforcement to the fullest extent.”

Additionally, the letter makes a somewhat against-the-grain claim that, if Dr. Ford’s allegations against Kavanaugh are true, the crimes described would have only qualified as misdemeanors under the statues in effect at the time the incident occurred–and thus the statute of limitations would have long tolled. The letter states:

Furthermore, the law at the time the offense occurred is the law that must be applied to any charges that might be brought. For example, in 1982, assault and attempted rape were both misdemeanors and subject to a one-year statute of limitations.

This summary of Maryland state law has been disputed by legal scholars, however, including Maryland’s former deputy attorney general Thiru Vignarajah. In a Twitter thread posted on Friday night after the joint letter was made public, Vignarajah noted:

For those looking at Md statute of limitations (SOL), the closest thing to what we today call attempted first-degree rape was, in 1982, assault with intent to rape, which is a felony to which no SOL applies. (Not to be confused with the misdemeanor of attempt to rape.)

The former deputy attorney general also provided some statutory authority for his claim by way of photo-copied pages from “The Annotated Code Of The Public General Laws of Maryland,” which was in effect through 1982 at least. Maryland’s Revised Statutes from that period read, in relevant part:

Every person convicted of the crime of an assault with intent to commit a rape in any degree or a sexual offense in the first or second degree is guilty of a felony and shall be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than two years nor more than 15 years.

Vignarajah also cited a Maryland Supreme Court case which describes the difference between the felony and misdemeanor versions of the similarly-named sex crimes in question.

Christensen v. Maryland notes, “If an attempt to commit a rape proceeds to a degree whereby it is tantamount to an assault upon the victim, the offense becomes the felony of assault with intent to rape, but if the attempt to rape falls short of an assault, the offense remains a common law misdemeanor.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/maryland-authorities-say-they-will-investigate-kavanaugh-if-ford-files-complaint/

• Thanks 1

It is a circus but in too many ways, politics as usual.

Lives being ruined via at this point an accusation rather than any solid evidence. How is anyone supposed to investigate

something of this nature when the people involved do not even recall a specific time or date other than a summer time

party? One would think for any of this to be legitimate and sincere, details and solid evidence should have been 

sought BEFORE making this into yet another circus.

Apparently we live in a time when it only takes an accusation to be considered "truth", and that we have seen 

time and again when it comes to politics or political posturing. Washington is good at destroying lives based

upon accusations, which makes it exactly what it has been for decades, a literal cesspool.

In my opinion, we are watching just more social engineering going on and the push to get human beings to become even more

divided by hindering normal healthy conversation and interaction. Truly a tragedy in the making...and it is always "we the people" who lose.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

The Maryland Authorities are almost begging Dr Ford to file a criminal complaint for sexual assault against Judge Kavanaugh.  

This will happen next Thursday right after the FBI closes it’s Investigation.  Then the Democrats will cry, “ we can’t nominate a person with a criminal investigation ongoing”   This might even happen tomorrow.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2