Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The coordinating body between the provinces is considering holding elections and confirms: America is a friend and Iran is a neighbor

3 minutes ago, FROSTYJACK said:

You stated that I don't know how that makes me look.  Did you write that to let me know how great you think my opinion is? Did you write that to let me know you think I am the patriot that I am.  I know exactly how that makes me look and I'm very proud of it.  You know nothing about me.  And insecurity is not one of my strong suits. Because I could really give a rats **s what you think of me or how I look in your eyes. 

You really need to calm down before you get into trouble. 

Your replies show even more that you don't know how you're making yourself look. Maybe you should go for a long walk in the woods, or fishing by a quiet stream. Or you could just listen to some Handel's Messiah while soaking in a hot bath, that usually works for me.

And I still fail to see how my statement is desinged to say I think I'm better than you are. 

• Upvote 1

LGD, at the risk of getting into trouble myself, I will state that I inferred that someone was "immature" recently and was temporarily banned.  In that thread, Markinsa referred us to the rules of this site.  You have recently been honored to become a staff member here, and I would hope that you would use that position to exhibit a higher standard. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Shedagal said:

LGD, at the risk of getting into trouble myself, I will state that I inferred that someone was "immature" recently and was temporarily banned.  In that thread, Markinsa referred us to the rules of this site.  You have recently been honored to become a staff member here, and I would hope that you would use that position to exhibit a higher standard. 

Oh great just what we need. A staff member that threatens to get you in trouble because you have a difference of opinion than thier own. Well there goes the DV neighborhood.Well there goes the DV neighborhood.

15 hours ago, Shedagal said:

Maybe the powers that be and should rethink this decision 

• yota691 changed the title to Commission sets date for election campaign
Release Date: 2018/2/27 13:17 • 268 times read
The Commission determines the date of election propaganda
(Baghdad: Al-Furat News) The Independent High Electoral Commission has set the start of election campaigns for the election of the House of Representatives on 2018/4/10 and will stop on the morning of 2018/5/11 .. Follow
  • Thanks 1

• yota691 changed the title to Distribution of voter cards in Nineveh

Distribution of voter cards in Nineveh

3.jpg

05/3/2018 12:00 am 

BAGHDAD / Mosul / Al-Sabah 
The Electoral Commission announced on Sunday the distribution of voter cards in Ninewa province starting Monday, and the Commission revealed the arrival of the proportion of the processing of the provinces electronic devices allocated to calculate the votes in the stations to 100 percent, In which a legal expert banned the election campaign that will be launched on April 10 next and its penalties according to the law. 
"The electronic devices allocated to the counting of votes imported by Iraq from South Korea and reached the warehouses of the UNHCR in the provinces," said the head of the Commission Maan al-Hitawi said in a press statement on Sunday: "The proportion of processing in general provinces amounted to 100 percent."
 For his part, the director of the Office of the Electoral Commission in the province of Nineveh Mohammed Hani said in a statement to the "morning": "The nearly two million and two hundred thousand voter card will be distributed in all districts and areas of the province of Nineveh starting on (Monday), and called long-term cards, Special procedures for receipt of the voter card that is received by the person concerned only. " 
  • Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to The Commission of Commissioners of the Electoral Commission approves the documents required for the Iraqis abroad

The Commission of Commissioners of the Electoral Commission approves the documents required for the Iraqis abroad

Readers

The Commission of Commissioners of the Electoral Commission approves the documents required for the Iraqis abroad

06-03-2018 02:16 PM

The Euphrates -

The head of the electoral administration, Riad Badran, confirmed the Board of Commissioners' approval of the documents required for Iraqis living abroad.

Badran said in a press statement that the Commission, in order to facilitate the participation of Iraqis residing outside Iraq to participate in the upcoming parliamentary elections, has been approved the required documents, adding that there are documents are the basic national card unified - Iraq - the notebook of the souls of Iraq in 1957 (provided that contains the image of the installation of personal) - Biometric electronic voter card containing the image as well as the Iraqi market license. 
Pointing out that there are Iraqi documents supporting the basic documents - the electronic voter card that does not contain a picture - the ration card - housing card, which can be considered as a basic document to the head of the family only, as well as the electronic registration form for voter registration abroad. 
Dr. Al-Badran stressed that the Council to facilitate the review of Iraqis abroad for the purpose of voting has ratified the foreign documents supporting the original documents is the refugee card 
- Certificate of the Red Cross or the certificate of the Red Crescent - as well as the United Nations (UNHCR) 
The certificate of graduation from foreign universities must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (a copy of the original). National asylum document for Iraqis abroad issued by the country of residence. 
It is noteworthy that the Electoral Commission has identified (19) countries for the participation of Iraqis in the upcoming parliamentary elections, including (13) countries will be opened electoral offices and (6) countries will be opened polling stations.

• Upvote 2

Urgent Accountability and Justice proceed to the process of checking the names of candidates for the elections of the House of Representatives

Editorial Date: 2018/3/6 15:08  39 times read
Accountability and justice begins the process of checking the names of candidates for the elections of the House of Representatives
{Baghdad: Al-Furat News} The Supreme National Authority for Accountability and Justice began the process of checking the names of candidates for the House of Representatives.
A statement to the media office of the head of the agency received the agency {Euphrates News} a copy of it today, "the Commission initiated the process of checking the names of candidates for the House of Representatives for the purpose of disclosure of the names covered by the procedures 
The Electoral Commission for elections had sent the names of candidates yesterday to the accountability and justice.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Editorial Date: 2018/3/6 15:41 • 6 times read
Accountability and justice begins the process of checking the names of candidates for the House of Representatives
[Ayna-Baghdad] 
The Supreme National Commission for Accountability and Justice began the process of checking the names of candidates for the House of Representatives.
A statement to the media office of the head of the agency received the agency of all Iraq [where] a copy of it today that "the Commission initiated the process of checking the names of candidates for the House of Representatives for the purpose of disclosure of names covered by its procedures." 
The Independent Electoral Commission has sent the names of the candidates yesterday to the accountability and justice.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

img5a9da55aa5e5c.jpg

rss.png

UNHCR sets the initial deployment of polling stations and stations to Iraqis living abroad

Release date: 2018/3/6 15:48  100 times read
UNHCR sets the initial deployment of polling stations and stations to Iraqis living abroad
(Baghdad: Al Furat News) announced the head of the electoral administration Riad Badran determine the Electoral Commission the deployment of polling stations and stations in the first countries in which elections will be held Iraqis living abroad.
In a press statement received by Al-Furat News Agency, Al-Badran said that "the election administration unit has initially identified 136 polling stations, including 684 polling stations in 13 countries, and six polling stations will be opened." 
He added that "this initial deployment came on the basis of the estimated numbers of the Iraqi community outside the country, which was obtained according to the estimates of the Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Migration and Displaced as well as previous statistics available to the Commission based on the previous electoral processes in the previous parliamentary elections." 
It is worth mentioning that the Electoral Commission formed the Foreign Elections Management Unit, which in turn prepares and implements operational, administrative, financial and media plans to complete the participation of Iraqis living abroad.
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Home | Iraq

Abadi: Shabandar's statement is not a new discovery and confirms the possibility of rigging the elections

07/03/2018 10:38 | Number of readings:
font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
Abadi: Shabandar's statement is not a new discovery and confirms the possibility of rigging the elections

Direction Press / Special

MP Zaher al-Abadi said on Wednesday that the statements of former MP Izzet al-Shabandar on the elections and the presence of political figures using extortion and money  is nothing new. "

Abadi said in an exclusive interview to "Trend Press" that the issue of extortion and money not exist and not something discovered until the former deputy Izzat Shabandar, who is familiar with and has access to many politicians who have a great deal in this work.

He added that he is supposed to Shabandar not to speak publicly and reveal the names of these characters and their files so that the Iraqi people are informed.

Abadi pointed out that "the elections are democratic and have shed many blood for him," stressing the possibility of fraud in the elections because the weak souls are present.

But the election commission came from the womb of these parties, and therefore there is the possibility of fraud in some of the joints, but to express the election "lie" is not true that this is a democratic system for which blood was shed and the blood of Iraqis still shed for this system " , Expressing his hope that there will be a policy in the future to maintain this system and be in order to fit Iraq.

It is noteworthy that the date of the Iraqi elections in May of this year as a fixed promise for the legislative elections and was set the end of this year a date for local elections.

http://aletejahtv.org/permalink/207966.html

Edit .. كرار كريم

• Upvote 1

Badran: The Board of Commissioners approves the documents required for Iraqis abroad

07/03/2018 09:44 | Number of readings:
Badran: The Board of Commissioners approves the documents required for Iraqis abroad

Trend Press / Baghdad

The head of the   electoral administration, Riad Badran, the approval of the Board of Commissioners on the documents required  for Iraqis living abroad.

"In order to facilitate the participation of Iraqis residing outside Iraq in participating in the upcoming parliamentary elections, the documents have been approved," Badran said in a press statement obtained by Trend Press on Wednesday. "There are basic documents, The National Identity Card - Iraqi Travel Neighborhood - Civil Status ID - Certificate of Iraqi Nationality - Iraqi Nationality Book of   1957 (provided that it contains a photograph of personal identification) - Biometric electronic voter card containing photo as well as Iraqi market license.

He pointed out that "there are Iraqi documents supporting the basic documents - the electronic voter card that does not contain a picture - the ration card - the housing card, which can be considered as a basic document to the head of the family only, as well as the electronic registration form to register voters abroad.

Badran said that the council in order to facilitate a review of Iraqis abroad for the purpose of voting has ratified the foreign documents , retaining the original documents are card Allajian- Red Cross certificate or crescent certificate in red- as well as ( ( UNHCR ) ) The United Nations issued by the market leave from the country resident in which -Identification residence issued Of the country of residence - passport of the country of residence - birth certificate issued by the Iraqi Embassy with another document - certificate of graduation from foreign universities to be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (a replica) - the national asylum document for Iraqis abroad issued by the country of Alaqa White card ").

"The Electoral Commission has identified (19) countries to participate Iraqis in the upcoming parliamentary elections, including (13) countries will be opened electoral offices and (6) countries will be opened polling stations."

http://aletejahtv.org/permalink/207955.html

ak

• Upvote 3

The Parliamentary Committee explains the possibility of adding new candidates to the electoral lists submitted to the Commission

122 views   |   1

Updated 08/03/2018 6:02 PM

%d8%a8%d8%b1%d9%84%d9%85%d8%a7%d9%86.jpg

(Watan News) - Baghdad

A member of the legal committee Zana Said, on Thursday, the possibility of adding some names to the lists of candidates with the Electoral Commission after the end of the legal period for the submission of candidates, among the normal procedure in the event that the list needs a number of names or replace them with others.

Said said in an interview with (Watan News) that "the addition of some names to the electoral lists submitted to the Electoral Commission is normal in the event that the list is not completed the number of its members."

He added that "after checking the names submitted to the Commission, some of them are excluded, which leads the blocks to the process of replacement and the introduction of another candidate substitute for him."

• Upvote 1

closed rooms produce the scenarios of the next government .. Maliki is preparing a surprise for the slaves

Closed rooms secrete the scenarios of the next government .. Maliki is preparing a surprise for the slaves

Twilight News    

5 hours ago

As soon as the Iraqi parliamentary elections approach, on May 12, there is increasing speculation about who will head the government for four years to come. 
Within the closed chambers, mobility continues to support the chances of this or that candidate, for the importance of the first government to lead Iraq in the post-Islamic state "and the stage of combating corruption, especially financial and administrative.

Abadi and al-Maliki 
The current prime minister, Haidar al-Abadi, is likely to head the executive branch for a second term to succeed in leading Iraq to regain one-third of his territory, which has been dominated by Daqash since the summer of 2014. 
But Abadi will face fierce competition from his allies within the majority Which has been the prime minister since the overthrow of Saddam Hussein's regime (1979-2003), within a common consensus among the main components, under which the Sunnis also take over the presidency of parliament, and the Kurds the presidency. 
Although Abadi and Nuri al-Maliki, his predecessor in the government's presidency (2006-2014), belong to the Islamic Dawa Party, they are running on two separate lists after the party failed to put them on top of the list as they sought to fill the post.
The leader of the Dawa Party, Jassim Mohammad Jaafar (Turkmani), told the Anatolia Agency, "Abadi is the most likely to fill the position for a second term through the list of victory that he heads." 
In the name of the list, Abadi tries to remind the voters that he led the country to win the victory, through three years of military campaigns, with the support of the international coalition led by the United States. 
Jafar, the most prominent candidate in the list of coalition, "victory": "Absolutely priority for the slaves, the atmosphere and the general to take a second term for many reasons, including the performance and achievements, calmness and acceptability enjoyed by both internally and externally. 
But did not hide his concern about the possibility of repercussions because of the withdrawal of blocks of the coalition, "victory", shortly after its accession. 
The Al-Fath alliance joined the Abadi coalition and withdrew after only one day in January.
The Al-Fath coalition includes 18 political wings of the Popular Popular Forces (pro-government Shiite forces), most notably the Badr Organization, led by Hadi al-Amiri, and Asaib Ahl al-Haq, led by Qais al-Khazali. 
Crowds, most of them backed by Iran, have contributed to defeating the "hustler" but are facing charges of widespread abuses against Sunnis and Kurds in the north and west of the country, while the leaders of the crowd deny any systematic violations.

Three scenarios for the government The 
leader of the Islamic Dawa Party believes that there are three scenarios on the next government in Iraq. 
Jaafar explained that the first scenario is the formation of a consensual government headed by Abadi, and the second is the formation of a majority political government, headed by Maliki, the latter scenario is the arrival of a Shiite figure to power close to Saudi Arabia and the United States.

Other competitors 
There are other names have the chances of varying degrees to reach the presidency of the Iraqi government, although it is dependent on the results of the elections, as experts see in the Iraqi issue. 
"The traditional leaders, like Maliki, will not run for the upcoming elections," said political expert Ahmad al-Abyad. "Maliki will seek to push two candidates from his front to fill the position." 
Al-Wadih al-Abyad suggested that "the former parliament speaker, Qusay al-Suhail, or the current Minister of Labor and Social Affairs, Mohammed Shiaa al-Sudani, should be invited to pay the Interior Minister, Qasim al-Araji.

Greater influence of America 
and has been the practice to have the presidential candidate of the Iraqi government with the blessing of Iran, which is close to Shiite rulers in Baghdad, as well as the blessing of the United States, which toppled Saddam 's regime, and occupied Iraq until the end of 2011. The 
White felt that " the American influence will be greater this time in the election Iraq, and the naming of the Prime Minister, "and considered that" there is a marked decline in the role of Iran, especially as it was counting on the Shiite National Alliance as a dominant bloc, but the latter is no longer so, especially that the alliance Ssron, which is supported by the Sadrist movement (led by strong cleric Moqtada al - The Abadi coalition has gone a long way The Iranian mood, and therefore Tehran is no longer unique in the resolution. "

Sunnis and Kurds are out of office and, 
as has been the case for years, neither Sunnis nor Kurds will compete for the post of prime minister, but the two components look to assume a moderate position and fulfill their demands. 
Said Dhafer al - Ani, a deputy from the coalition of Iraqi forces ( the largest Sunni bloc with 53 seats out of 328): "We are not competitors of our fellow Shiite prime minister," he added: "What concerns us is that the incumbent moderate, and has a national vision, strengthens and consolidates the achievements During this period, the state institutions of its role can be more widely accepted. " 
He ruled out al - Ani , a focus on personal and one ahead of the elections, and saw that "there are many candidates fit to head the government, but it depends on the results of the election and the votes they receive, and therefore translates the understandings that you will get later."
In turn, the Kurdish MP, head of the legal committee in the Iraqi parliament, Mohsen al-Saadoun, said that "everything issued by the names is speculation and no one can be confirmed until after the election results." 
In his sermon to Abbadi, Saadoun added that "after many promises made during the past period, including not eliminating corruption, some have lost their chances." 
"We have problems in the region have not been resolved, and our support for any bloc or candidate depends on its ability to implement the constitution and the federal system in Iraq without selectivity, and will not support any figure is not clear." 
Relations between Baghdad and Erbil , and represents one of the most thorny files in front of Iraq 's next prime minister, which have deteriorated sharply since the region, in September / September last, a referendum for independence from Iraq, received by the federal government of "punitive measures".

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to The Commission sets a deadline for the receipt of the names of candidates and the replacement of those covered by its procedures
10-03-2018 03:55 PM
image.php?token=32b13581a5a3312ebdb5b66ebf7fe2fb&size=

The Electoral Commission, on Saturday, set a deadline for checking the names of candidates and statement their position of the accountability and justice, indicating that the Commission will ask the blocks to replace the names covered by its decisions. 

A member of the Commission, Hazem al-Ridini said that 'the Independent High Electoral Commission set next week a deadline for the delivery of all names of candidates to the accountability and justice to indicate their position on whether one of the candidates covered by its procedures'. 

He added that 'the accountability body began to check the names and will return to the Commission next week and a statement the position of the wanted of them,' noting that 'the Commission will ask the political blocs to replace their candidates covered by accountability and justice.' 

The Electoral Commission announced last week that the names of the candidates for the elections should be handed over to the Accountability and Justice Commission for their safety.

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Maliki: the system of quotas failed in Iraq

Maliki: the system of quotas failed in Iraq

00002-4200.jpg

14/3/2018 12:00 am 

He stressed the commitment of the Electoral Commission to independence and professionalism  
Baghdad / Sabah

Called Vice President Nuri al-Maliki, all those who want good for Iraq to choose the draft political majority in the formation of the next government, pointing to the failure of the system of quotas in Iraq, while stressing the need for commitment of the High Commission for independence and professionalism to the success of the electoral process.

"The victories that were achieved were a clear message of terrorism that the Iraqi people are united," he said, praising "the positions of the tribes of Wasit and the sacrifices they made in defense of Iraq" . 
"We are aware of the seriousness of the crises around us and the challenges imposed on us, and this requires the utmost cooperation between the people and assume their responsibilities to confront them with the spirit of one team away from any calculations," Maliki stressed.
Maliki stressed "the failure of the system of quotas in Iraq," calling on everyone to "choose the natural order on which all the democracies of the developed world, the majority system, which if the government formed according to the agreed program assume responsibility without any disclaimer or shortening and not throw the ball in the court of others as it gets Now in Iraq, as everyone participates in the government and invests the state, but at the time of assuming responsibility, they turn away and throw the default on the other as if they are partners and not winners of statesmen. " 
The Vice-President of the Republic that "must work on the establishment of the political majority project because it is a national need and legitimacy and mental for all those who want the good of Iraq and its people."
In his meeting with members of the Commission of Commissioners of the Independent High Electoral Commission, the Vice President said: "The work of the Commission entails the future of the political process, and fulfills the aspirations of our people for justice and equality and respect for his will and strengthen its unity." He appreciated the efforts of the cadres of the Commission to serve the democratic process. Maliki on "the need for the commitment of the Commission of independence and professionalism and complete neutrality and complete the legal and security requirements necessary to ensure the success of the electoral process in the future." For their part, the delegation praised the efforts of al-Maliki and support them, stressing "their quest for success and the election Become democratic and fair. "

• Upvote 1

lock the man up now or put him in a insane asylum no doubt it's clear he has severe psychosis while he was PM he never wanted equality or justice for all.... sounds to me like he is campaigning for abadi he never served the citizens .... cheers

• Upvote 2

Washington: Iran is meddling with money in the Iraqi elections

Washington: Iran intervenes with money in Iraqi elections

Twilight News    

5 hours ago

(Reuters) - US Defense Secretary Jim Matisse has criticized Iran for "interfering" in the upcoming Iraqi elections and trying to influence voters in favor of pro-Tehran candidates. 
Speaking to reporters on his way back from his trip to Amman, Afghanistan and Bahrain, Mattis said the officials he met were worried about Iran's behavior. 
"There is something clear and frank about Iran's lack of confidence," Matisse said, speaking of "evidence of Iran's efforts to destabilize." 
"I heard that when I was in Afghanistan, you know what is happening to the Iranian support for Assad (Syrian President) Now Iran is following the example of Russia and (f) intervening in the Iraqi elections." 
"Iran is trying to influence the Iraqi elections by means of money, which is used to influence the candidates, to influence the vote," Matisse said.

"Iran must allow the Iraqis to choose their future," the US defense secretary said. 
On the other hand, Matisse admitted that Iranian military vessels have been acting less aggressively for US ships in the Gulf for months.

• yota691 changed the title to UNHCR warns against launching election campaigns ahead of schedule

UNHCR warns against launching election campaigns ahead of schedule

17/3/2018 12:00 am 

Baghdad / Follow-up morning

Warned member of the Electoral Commission, Hazem al-Ridini, from the start of some candidates and political blocs campaigning ahead of schedule, while stressing that repeat the violation will deprive the candidate from running in the next election.

He said in a press statement, "Al-Sabah": "The Commission established committees to monitor irregularities to impose fines on candidates and blocks violating the controls of the Commission in the event they started the campaign before the date set on April 10 next," noting that "the fines will be double in the case Repeat the violation and reach to prevent the candidate from running in the elections, "adding that" there are expectations in the coming days to monitor the growing irregularities by some candidates and political blocs participating in the upcoming elections. " 
The Secretariat of Baghdad had previously put in place controls and designs of electoral propaganda for entities and political blocs that will participate in the upcoming elections.

He said the terminal in a press statement: "Most members of the House of Representatives candidates for the next session in the elections, and their preoccupation with propaganda campaigns caused the lack of quorum in Thursday's session," noting that "Parliament is witnessing the end of his legislative life and will be unable to hold new sessions in the coming days" "He added that" the parliament raised its notice to another because of the absence of President Salim Jubouri for the purpose of determining the day for a new session. " 
"The mechanisms of updating the voter register are moving slowly and the time remaining is not enough to update those records," Ninevah said in an interview on Friday. He called for "quick solutions that allow all voters to participate without putting obstacles in front of them." ", And Qablan, that"

• Upvote 2

The reality of the lists of false candidates

19/03/2018 01:32 | Number of readings:
The reality of the lists of false candidates

Direction Press / Special

A member of the Legal Committee of Representatives Ali Shukri, on Monday, that the Electoral Commission has not yet completed the preparation of lists of names of those subject to accountability and justice.

Al-Shukri said in a statement to the Press that "the Independent Electoral Commission has not yet completed the necessary scrutiny of criminal restrictions and accountability and justice procedures for candidates for the elections this year," indicating that each person will be excluded from running for the election issued criminal sentences "He said.

"The spokesman of the Electoral Commission revealed on Sunday that the list, which was handed over to the media is not an official list," adding that the Commission did not announce any result until after the completion of all procedures.

On Sunday, the Independent Electoral Commission (IHEC) denied that some of the media had published its lists of candidates.

"The lists published by the social media and some media are incorrect and not approved," the head of the electoral administration, Riad Badran, said in a statement.

He added that "the Commission is waiting for the arrival of lists of relevant bodies (the National Commission for Accountability, Justice and Criminal Evidence and the Ministries of Internal Defense and the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and the Ministry of Education), which was sent to them to check the names contained.

The Electoral Commission sent lists of candidates to the ministries and relevant authorities for the purpose of auditing each according to its competence.

Edit .. كرار كريم

http://aletejahtv.org/permalink/209484.html

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Deputies confirm the eligibility of entities to replace and delete candidates until 10 May 

12:45 - 22/03/2018
%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%84%D8%AC%D9%86%D8%A9-%D8

Information / Baghdad ..

The parliamentary legal committee on Thursday confirmed the right of the political blocs to replace and delete the names of candidates for the elections until 10/5, noting that the Electoral Commission is still checking the names of the candidates and will exclude any person involved in a criminal record according to the law.

"The political blocs have the right to replace and delete the names of candidates after an official letter to the Electoral Commission until 10/5, ie before the elections abroad," said Zainab Sahlani, a member of the committee.

"The Electoral Commission is checking the names of candidates and any candidate with a current criminal record will be excluded as a crime of murder, terrorism or financial corruption," she said.

Sahlani said that "the audit of names goes through the responsibility of the Ministry of the Interior as well as the accountability and justice," asserting that "the Commission set the date of April 20 to launch the election campaign." Ending / 25 d

http://www.almaalomah.com/2018/03/22/293513/

• Upvote 2

Parliamentary elections in Iraq: accusations of buying votes ... Maliki calls on tribes to «active participation»

According to a special source for Al-Quds Al-Arabi, the data centers of the Independent High Electoral Commission (IHEC) in Mosul are witnessing a low turnout by citizens. 
He pointed out that «the Commission, had asked the holders of baccalaureate and above to register in their centers with the aim of working with her for a day for a material fee, but it was surprising that the registration rate is very meager compared to what it was in previous sessions». 
Prompting the Commission to «accept the holders of intermediate diplomas for the purpose of filling the shortfall in the polling stations» pointing out that «there is a clear confusion in the work of the Commission due to lack of time on the one hand and the low turn to centers to update cards by citizens on the other».
"It is difficult to update voters' data through the mechanism currently in place," said the source, who declined to be identified. "We have to find another way to deploy new centers of modernization and publicize media propaganda, and to urge voters to update their data." 
He explained that «the Commission is not able to issue cards to all the people, and if they are working at the same pace», adding «can only issue 50% of the ballot papers». 
It was planned, according to the source «not to include the people of Mosul in the way of biometric voting due to time constraints, but the insistence of some political parties and the fear of other parties to the existence of fraud in the case of the adoption of the traditional method of voting, made Mosul enter the method of balloting Biometric, Commission.
He continued: «may be taking advantage of the current data for each voter for the purpose of issuing the national card, which the government started to work, and has been completed a number of provinces except that were under the control of the Islamic State Organization, because of the organization of burning and damage records on the issuance of identities and registration "The success of updating the voter card will open the way for the issuance of the unified national card across the country." 
The Iraqi parliament has set a date for holding the parliamentary elections in the session of May 12, amid the objections of representatives of the Sunni provinces due to the displacement and displacement of many residents who did not return to their homes, many of which were destroyed, While the majority of the population is still without electoral cards, and others refuse to participate in the elections.
In the context, revealed the Kurdish MP for the province of Nineveh Abdul Bari Mohammed Zebari, the search for some candidates to buy electoral votes from the citizens of the right coast, to Mosul, who are in the camps of displacement in the Kurdistan region. 
"There are attempts to buy votes from some candidates in the province of Nineveh with certain amounts of money," he said. 
He added: «The money spent on fraud the next electoral process and the purchase of receivables, very large, which indicates the presence of international support», noting that «some countries paid large sums of money to buy votes».

Also warned the MP of the National Alliance Habib terminal / attempts «corrupt» to buy votes and return to the political process in Iraq. To this, the Vice President of the Republic, Nuri al-Maliki, that «Iraq is passing by a historic and important and vital calls for a real and serious stand to save». 
His office said in a statement that «the Vice President received in his official office yesterday and the elders and elders of the tribes of Muthanna province». 
Al-Maliki said that "the Iraqi tribes are a source of strength for society, and Iraq is characterized by multiple tribes because it represents the spectrum of the Iraqi people Arabs, Kurds, Turkmen and multiple religions." .

https://www.sotaliraq.com/2018/03/22/الانتخابات-النيابية-في-العراق-اتهام/
He pointed out that «Iraq is passing by an important and vital historical turning point calls for a real pause and serious to save», stressing that «this stand should be through participation in the elections and contribute to the formation of a national government has a majority in the House of Representatives and stands behind them all and pave the way to complete the process of construction and reconstruction, And to fold the pages of quotas and consensus ». 
He called on the Iraqi tribes to "participate widely in the elections and actively contribute in giving the visionary who is able to make the achievements to work and create a promising future for all Iraqis."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to The coordinating body between the provinces is considering holding elections and confirms: America is a friend and Iran is a neighbor
  • yota691 locked this topic