Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq, Iran sign banking cooperation memo

yota691

13519.jpg

Economy News _ Baghdad:

Said Executive Director of the National Bank of Iran (Bank Melli Iran) Mohammad Reza Hossein Zadeh, on Monday announced the opening of a branch in the province of Najaf soon, adding that the opening of another branch of the bank in the province of Karbala, located on the agenda of Iran's Bank agenda.

Hossein Zadeh said in a press statement seen by "Economy News" that the ongoing talks between the Iranian side is currently with the Central Bank of Iraq in order to provide services to the pilgrims, looking forward to the development of banking infrastructure in Iraq to allocate more services to these visitors.

Views 359   Date Added 24/04/2017 - 10:20   Last updated 24/04/2017 - 13:39   No. Content 7242
  • Upvote 3

, the opening of branches of the National Bank ofIran in Najaf and Karbala soon

The opening of branches of the National Bank of Iran in Najaf and Karbala soon

5 hours ago

Twilight News / announced the Executive Director of the National Bank of Iran (Bank Melli Iran) Mohammad Reza Hossein Zadeh announced the opening of a branch in the province of Najaf soon; adding that the opening of another branch of the bank in the province of Karbala , located on the agenda of Iran 's Bank agenda. 

He said Hussein Zadeh said the talks are under way between the Iranian side with the Iraqi Central Bank to provide services to pilgrims; looking forward to the development of banking infrastructure in Iraq to allocate more services to these visitors.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

.http://www.shafaaq.com/ar/Ar_NewsReader/ca57379c-6c42-485b-bc2d-79c85b783ca2/العراق-وإيران-يبرمان-مذكرة-تعاون-مصرفي-.....Lieberman memorandum of banking cooperation

Iraq, Iran, Lieberman memorandum banking cooperation

Twilight News    

one hour ago

Twilight News / concluded by the Governments of Iraq and Tehran memorandum of banking cooperation on Wednesday, as part of financial intermediation between the Central Bank of Iraq and his Iranian counterpart relations.

He said Iran's central bank said in a statement that, in order to expand the scope of cooperation and enforcement of the agreement concluded between the Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq and his Iranian counterpart last year cooperation, met all of Idi Walid Abdel Nabi Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq and Faisal Advisor Sam Executive Director of the Iraqi Commercial Bank (TBI) with Hussein Jacobite international affairs director of the Central Bank of Iran in Tehran.

He noted that it was decided at the meeting, it makes the necessary formats aimed to hold a joint banking committee, which includes government and private banks for the two countries, meeting in Tehran within the next two weeks.

He said Iran's central to the negotiations, which lasted for two days between the Iranian and the Iraqi side, concluded after the signing of a memorandum of banking cooperation and study the minutes of technical discussions.

The bank confirmed that due after the FAO study records, the signing of the relevant conventions in the framework of the Joint Committee to be held at the Tehran meeting.

It is noteworthy that the signed memorandum items, exchange of opening accounts in the currency of the euro, and to develop mechanisms for the use of local currencies in the settlement of trade payments and link automatic payment between the two sides system as well as support and facilitate the opening of branches of banks and commercial banks in Iran and Iraq and facilitate the payment and transfer amounts of passengers and visitors between the two countries, and finally the process held Tdrebeah courses for the staff of the two central banks.

• Upvote 4

http://www.iraqtradelinknews.com/2017/05/iraq-iran-sign-banking-cooperation-memo.html?m=1......

Friday, May 5, 2017

Iraq, Iran sign banking cooperation memo

banks.jpg
Teheran/ Iraq TradeLink: Iranian Central Bank announced that talks were held with the Iraqi Trade Bank of Iraq (TBI) to coordinate financial cooperation.

In a statement, the two-day talks concentrated on completing the procedures to hold the joint banking committee during the coming two weeks.

The meetings were to follow up the cooperation agreement between Iranian and Iraqi central banks signed last year, the statement added.

It pointed out that the memorandum stipulated opening accounts in Euro currency and the mechanisms for settlement of financial obligations in local currencies.
  • Upvote 7

I believe what we are reading is very good news.  For years a heavily sanctioned Iran has Siphoned Billions of dollars out of Iraq illegally.  You notice, the primary banking accounts have to be set up in the Euro and then Iraq and Iran will work on methods to exchange in local currencies.  I believe this economic move will help save Iraq's reserves.  It will comply with the sanctions still imposed on Iran and hopefully help Iraq economically.   Remember the payment made by the US to Iran under the Nuclear Deal, none of it was paid in dollars,  the currency exchange was done  (On Jan. 17, the administration paid Iran the account’s $400 million principal in pallets of euros, Swiss francs and other foreign currency, raising questions about the unusual payment. The $1.3 billion covers what Iran and the U.S. agreed would be the interest on the $400 million over the decades.http://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-paid-1-3-billion-to-iran-two-days-after-cash-delivery/)  Iran, still cannot  legally use the dollar, and because Iraq and Iran are such close trading partners, the WB, is closely monitoring Iraq's transactions.  This must be the method they/PTB have devised to save Iraq's reserves and comply with Iranian sanctions.  

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, nannab said:

There has to be a bank on just about on every corner by now. Follow the banks! YEAH!!!!!! :woot::woot:

. . . and in Compton, California there's a Liquor Store on just about every corner that does what a bank does - only you get Booze when you cash your check. 

You're right, Follow the Banks . . . It's Friday night, wife is working swing shift, I'm on my 5th Scotch and I can't figure out how the dogs are cheating at Black Jack.

It's gotta be the Beagle - but which one ????

Edited by 10 YEARS LATER
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

. . . and in Compton, California there's a Liquor Store on just about every corner that does what a bank does - only you get Booze when you cash your check. 

You're right, Follow the Banks . . . It's Friday night, wife is working swing shift, I'm on my 5th Scotch and I can't figure out how the dogs are cheating at Black Jack.

It's gotta be the Beagle - but which one ????

Sounds like a party going on. What type of Scotch are you drinking?  

• Upvote 1

Tehran, Baghdad sign banking MOU........

May 6, 2017

2450447.jpg

TEHRAN- Iran and Iraq signed a banking MOU focusing on brokerage relations between the central banks of the two countries, the official website of the Central Bank of Iran reported.

As reported, the advisor of the governor of the Central Bank of Iraq and the chairman of the board of Trade Bank of the country visited some top officials of the Central Bank of Iran in Tehran to sign the MOU and also to implement the previously accorded agreements.
In their meeting, Iranian and Iraqi banking officials decided to hold a joint baking committee within a week in Tehran, comprised of representatives from both countries’ private and state-run banks......http://www.tehrantimes.com/news/413161/Tehran-Baghdad-sign-banking-MOU

HJ/MA.......

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Sounds like a party going on. What type of Scotch are you drinking?  

Was ( last night ) drinking Glenfiddich 18 yr. Old  - Man Alive is this stuff great or what  ! !  ! These folks KNOW what they're doing ! :twothumbs:

http://www.glenfiddich.com/us/collection/product-collection/core-range/18-year-old/

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Was ( last night ) drinking Glenfiddich 18 yr. Old  - Man Alive is this stuff great or what  ! !  ! These folks KNOW what they're doing ! :twothumbs:

http://www.glenfiddich.com/us/collection/product-collection/core-range/18-year-old/

That was my first Scotch. I just had Oban and I really enjoyed that too.  I will be toasting to all of you in the coming days.  

Edited by ChuckFinley
  • Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

That was my first Scotch. I just had Oban and I really enjoyed that too.  I will be toasting to all of you in the coming days.  

I do believe it's only " a matter of time " now . . . recent developments in Mosul looks to be moving the football closer to the Goal Line.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

I do believe it's only " a matter of time " now . . . recent developments in Mosul looks to be moving the football closer to the Goal Line.

I am with you on this. You can have all these timelines and plans by the WM, IMF, and CBI you want. The problem is reality takes place.  Once Mosul is done are you waiting a year, two or three to start your country using its currency to start trading and working with other counties. I would think that you want to building your country immediately, diversify, and build trading centers. I believe that Mosul will service as a catalyst to get the Dinar moving as well as the country of Iraq.  

• Upvote 3

. . .  " building your country immediately, diversify, and build trading centers. I believe that Mosul will service as a catalyst to get the Dinar moving as well as the country of Iraq. "

That's it CF . . . That's the whole 9 yards in a nut shell ! :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2