Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Adam Montana

Adam Montana Weekly 20 April 2016

2 minutes ago, tankdude said:

Whatever anyone is willing to give for it...just like the currency...

NO 4 Fiat's :D

• Upvote 1

Although I would just love to be wrong.  The dinar is not going to revalue for several more years to come. Iraq is a total mess now and until it ever opens up to foreigners for visits and vacations, they have no reason to revalue their dinar.  Just saying.........

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, eburt said:

Thanks Adam for update.....:D

Thanks for the great news Adam !! :D and as always for the relentless work you do on all our behalf keeping us updated and in the loop buddy. 

I am ecstatic this arduous ride/journey is coming to a successful conclusion for all of us DinarVets ......whew I did have my doubts for sure but not 

anymore Yikes !! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rockydabull said:

Although I would just love to be wrong.  The dinar is not going to revalue for several more years to come. Iraq is a total mess now and until it ever opens up to foreigners for visits and vacations, they have no reason to revalue their dinar.  Just saying........ 

aren't you just a ray of sunshine!!! 

Thanks for your perspective - it does have that tinge of thought to it; but Iraq needs to import items as well, and a low exchange rate hurts their economy!

• Upvote 6

16 hours ago, brbrlocke said:

Thanks for the update and $1 sounds good to me. :)

:rodeo:

I will see your dollar and $2 sounds better. :bravo:

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Rockydabull said:

Although I would just love to be wrong.  The dinar is not going to revalue for several more years to come. Iraq is a total mess now and until it ever opens up to foreigners for visits and vacations, they have no reason to revalue their dinar.  Just saying.........

Looks like they are to me!  In fact - looks like some wonderful hotels...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Vacation_Packages-g659505-Erbil_Erbil_Province-Vacations.html

• Upvote 2

Thanks, tankdude,  the actual price of rooms over there is very reasonable too.   :)

• Upvote 2

I was looking at about $100-150 a night for rooms at TripAdvisor in Erbil.  They also had Baghdad packages.

Personally - I want to get back to Kirkuk. I spent almost a year there and the area is actually very pretty, and the city has some really picturesque areas.

• Upvote 2

On 4/20/2016 at 11:47 AM, Adam Montana said:

Morning citizens and visitors of DV!

I love it when Iraq makes things simple for me.

I mean I really, really, really love it!

For weeks and months, we've been at a standstill with Iraq. No progress, nothing to really talk about. But if you've been reading the news over the last week, starting on about Saturday... 

... it looks like the time has come for change. In fact, it looks like al Sadr is on a rampage!

All you have to do is skim this thread:

And you're going to see that after the weeks and months of dragging feet, we're on the road to be back in business.

Iraq doesn't want to sit stale and stagnant, any more than we want to witness it. We haven't heard a peep about the HCL in months, and it seemed like nobody was going to do anything about it.

Looks like that changed, so let's hope for some good news out of this little shake-up.

:twothumbs:

Simple enough, right? Here's the weekly Q's:

Computers... BLECH! :lol:  What a nightmare that was... now it's been reduced to less than a migraine, just a massive headache. 

And YES - the turmoil! It's about darn time something happened, I'm looking for good news to come out of this.

I've stated many many times that I don't think we're looking for a "date and rate" - I believe we are looking for a set of circumstances, which includes a lot of what we already have and also the all-important HCL. Hopefully we'll be getting back to work on that very soon, in the aftermath of the current situation Parliament is in.

But if we have to pick a rate.... how does $1 sound? :) 

That's a fluid question right now, due to the situation I posted above.

We will see. :twothumbs:

You are definitely correct about the GOI not getting anything done recently. Hopefully we are witnessing what will be a major turning point for them right now.

:twothumbs:

A new IQD10 would be worth whatever the CBI sets the exchange rate at.

It may remain pegged, or it could float. My opinion is that the CBI will do whatever is in it's best interests (whichever is most profitable). Will other currencies be affected? At least somewhat, but the value of the IQD isn't going to have a direct effect on, for example, the amount of USD in circulation, the USAs debt obligations, the credit worthiness of the US, etc.

I think your line of questioning is trying to figure out where the wealth will come from. Let's ask a different question: When the value of the IQD plummeted from 3:1 to 1:2000 USD:IQD, where did that wealth go? Was the USD suddenly made stronger? Did it have any major effect on the USD, or any other currency? No, it did not. This is a fiat currency that we are talking about. If it was required that the value be attached to something physical, like gold, it would be a different story. But in this case, the value does not have to be tied to anything.

That takes most of the logic and reasoning out of the equation. And for us, that is a good thing. :twothumbs: 

====================== / / / ===========================

Until next time, friends!

:tiphat: 

This is a fiat currency that we are talking about. If it was required that the value be attached to something physical, like gold, it would be a different story. But in this case, the value does not have to be tied to anything.

That takes most of the logic and reasoning out of the equation. And for us, that is a good thing. :twothumbs: "

-Adam Montana

=================

I love this statement; It's almost poetry.

Edited by magawatt
Attribution
  • Upvote 2

Cheers Adam!! Can't wait to toast in person......in Belize..........with everyone, especially those of us who've been here for many years, wishing, praying and hoping for this wonderful blessing to come into our lives!!! I hope this train comes into the station very soon!!

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I'll prefer it to be with Adam! And all you awesome, patient, people!!!!!! GO RV!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

On 4/20/2016 at 5:16 PM, SnowGlobe7 said:

I LOVE YOU BUMPER!!!!

hqdefault.jpg

(Picture of crazy obsessed girl)

LMAO!!   I love you too SG7

• Upvote 2

Thank you, Adam, for the update.  Let's hope the future updates are even more positive and exciting.

All the Best,

Chartman17

• Upvote 2

Hey, what happened to the Animal Strippers??  I was getting so excited.  I'm thinking Adam is just making up the good news to postpone my party.  Now all I have to look at is that Raunchy picture of Davis in his Thong.  Anyone ever wonder what his wife thinks???  Or what about his teenage daughter???   What a family.  I'm just happy to be his bestest friend.  Nasty Animals forever Buddy.

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2016 at 5:02 PM, Bumper64 said:

:twothumbs: At this point I would be happy with $.10   ;)

At this point I would be HAPPY with :twocents: Hahahahaha

• Upvote 2

On 4/21/2016 at 5:57 PM, jimbarnhardt said:

Cheers Adam!! Can't wait to toast in person......in Belize..........with everyone, especially those of us who've been here for many years, wishing, praying and hoping for this wonderful blessing to come into our lives!!! I hope this train comes into the station very soon!!

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I'll prefer it to be with Adam! And all you awesome, patient, people!!!!!! GO RV!!!!!!!

Great sentiments Jim...and I totally agree...maybe we can get some special micro brews shipped into Belize just for this occasion...or we could always set up a mini-brew station in Belize for all the visiting DVer's just so they never go thirsty my friend!!! :eyebrows: 

Sandfly Adam and crew for all you do....and cheers!!! :cheesehead:

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Adam Montana
      Good morning and HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

These Weekly updates are getting more and more fun for me, because Iraq is moving faster and faster.

The proof is coming daily, hourly... we are looking at an HCL move soon, and that's about all we need right now!

The comments on my Weekly update last week reached 6 pages pretty quickly... here's one of the highlights:

That doesn't say "HCL tomorrow, RV by Friday"... but it's pretty darn close!

The new PM Kazzamie is operating efficiently and effectively. We are going to hear some detractions and criticisms, but he is doing a great job in my opinion.

Oil is slightly down this morning, but the overall trend is stable and upwards, currently at $39.24. The IMF is predicting a continuation - I agree.

As we move closer to a successful resolution and completion with HCL, we are going to start hearing a LOT from the "gurus". Some of them will be right, some will always be "full of it", but the closer we get... the louder it's going to seem.

Stay calm, don't let emotions get the best of you, and hang tight... we are closing in.

That's all I'm posting for this morning. 

Go Iraq, go HCL, 

GO RV!!!!!!!

- Adam

• By Adam Montana
      Good morning, good morning!

This may end up being a "less is more" kind of post.

Reason?

HCL.

I made mention last week that we are in a great spot, and I was hoping to see some movement on the HCL.

@DinarThug, true to form, followed up with this. And this. ("The oil and gas law will be included in the upcoming sessions.") And this. And this! And this. And THIS!!! And... seriously, it just kept going. 

There are times when I find it perfectly acceptable to be calm, sit back, and not get too excited.

This is not that time.

We are looking at constant HCL news, constant mention of monetary change, constant clues that we are on the brink of a monumental event.

I'm ready.

=== // This next part will be deleted tomorrow: // =====

(deleted)

=== // The above will be removed tomorrow. You snooze... you lose! // ====

Don't get me wrong... I'm pretty stoked about the stability of bitcoin (and the potential of quite a few other cryptos!), the markets are encouraging (hat tip  to @Pitcher for the great analysis every week!), and a mess of other stuff!

There is just so much going on right now that smells like "HCL", like this and this and this and... it's almost overwhelming.

You can bet the gurus are going to be going nuts here pretty soon.

As a VIP member, you can ignore all of the hype and the nonsense you read or hear, and relax while you watch for my text and email with the official RV announcement.

Hang on to your hats, friends... stay grounded, get in VIP, and enjoy the ride.

Go Kazzammie. Go HCL.

GO RV.

- Adam

P.S. Don't forget about the Weekly Powerball Pool!

• By Adam Montana
      Good morning and HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

Yes, I'm a bit excited. A big reason is some progress (a breakthrough, in fact!) in OSI (part of our VIP area), details of which are here.

The second reason, which makes the above even sweeter, is the situation surrounding us.

OIL - Oil is a big deal. WTI is stable at just under $40. The previous Iraqi Budget was published at an expected rate higher than $40, and throughout 2019 the price of Oil never quite hit the mark they established for it, yet Iraq was able to sustain operations even at the lower price. Even more impressive is the fact that when Oil went to negative rates recently, Iraq didn't crumble. They survived. And even more impressive than that is the trajectory that this thread is on.

Oil, and Iraq, is on the move. 

The OPEC production cut agreement has made a significant impact on oil and it's place in the world economy. Or, you could say the world economy and the price of oil - they are intertwined. As we move forward in 2020, this is a significant factor in Iraq's ability to increase the value of their financial tools... and we are on the right path.

There is more going on, including the upcoming IFEX, and that alone would have a lot of Gurus spewing extra saucy verbal diarrhea... the thing is, some of it is bound to come true, even if they don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Why? Because we are getting to that point.

A broken clock is still right twice a day. 

Kazzamie is kicking butt. Seriously - I have a list of over a dozen articles that I love from just the last few days. 

The only thing we are missing right now is the HCL.

And even that "smells" close.

I'll do a discount on VIP by email later this week. It's going to be a limited one, so jump on it quick when you see the email.

I'll be in touch soon!

GOOOOO RRRRRVVVVV!!!!!!!

- Adam 

P.S. Don't forget to get in our Weekly Powerball Pool!  

• By Adam Montana
      Good morning and Happy Wednesday!

I don't see a need to make this update overly complicated, so... I won't!

OIL: We saw negative prices recently, but it has shot back up to almost $40. This shouldn't come as a surprise - OIL is a necessary commodity, the world isn't going to stop using or needing it anytime soon, and Iraq has a lot. Conclusion: Good for Iraq.

Also OIL: The recent OPEC+ agreement to cut production is partly responsible for the rise in price, but this article confirms what I've been saying for years - Iraq isn't really obligated, or inclined, to play by the "rules". The rules don't really apply to them, so why would they? 

Don't worry - that's a positive thing for us in the speculation game. We want Iraq to use every tool they have, and they are.

GOI (Government of Iraq): Our new guy in office Kazzamie continues to plow through obstacles, protests against the former PMs are fading in the rear view mirror quickly, and the list of accomplishments is getting more impressive by the day. (This thread is at 6 pages and counting, and only started Monday! Solid work, @Mary B)

More GOI: @DinarThug gave some attention to GOI matters, specifically the Budget and government salaries here. My opinion on the Budget is pretty simple: It doesn't have to be announced prior to an RV, the future rate of the Iraqi Dinar doesn't need to be published in it. However, the articles posted in that thread all have a similar "feel" - Kazzamie is weeding through the mess, doing positive things, moving the ship forward.

Even more GOI: @yota691 brought us this article regarding Kazemi, and followed it with a couple of articles regarding a focus on preventing double taxation, referencing Kuwait... If you read the recent explanation of the Iraqi Budget and the Currency Auctions in Iraq, you know that Kuwait and Iraq have a unique situation... some of the details are murky, and hard to put in context, but it stands to reason that Iraq would create loopholes for themselves prior to announcing a significant change in the value of the currency.

Kuwait will likely be first in line with their hands out, due to the legal agreement for reparations and the significant amount that is owed to Kuwait by Iraq.

This stuff isn't rocket science!

(I've linked to this Auctions and Budget post multiple times recently... that's a hint that it's important.  )

Also noteworthy is an article DT posted in last week's Weekly update. If this kind of stuff doesn't put a smile on your face, nothing will!  

That's all I'm going to review for this morning - the summary here, if you hadn't figured it out yet (I'm sure you did!), is: POSITIVE with a side of GIDDY-UP.

Go RRRVVVV!!!!!

- Adam

P.S. Get in our Powerball Pool! You can't win if you don't play, and your odds are better in a group.
    • By Adam Montana
      Good morning good morning!

Happy Wednesday DinarVets, and welcome to another edition of "The Weekly".

Hopefully it's one of the few remaining.  

2020... what a year so far! I'm not going to comment on the current events because they don't really make a difference on the Iraqi Dinar, and it's a rant that I just don't feel like getting into this morning.

I am curious to see what kind of "spike" we will see in corona cases, though, since there are suddenly gobs of people doing the exact opposite of "social distancing"... my guess is that there won't be any massive spike. Time will tell.

Anyway! We made it through a couple months of invisible plague. Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr has passed. 

After a series of unsuccessful attempts at appointing a Prime Minister, Kazemi (RV Kazammy!!!) is approaching only two short months in office, but he's seriously kicking butt! 

We don't have an HCL agreement (yet), so we don't have an RV. 

But we are getting close. 

Kazammi is possibly the first political figure in a position to have a real chance at getting the HCL to pass.

One of the reasons is stated on Wikipedia fairly well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Al-Kadhimi#:~:text=Al-Kadhimi was a vocal,of the Iraqi political parties.

The HCL is a VERY polarized topic. In order for it to come together, a couple of opposing parties have to agree on it... and a neutral party as mediator is the best way to go.

That's our guy Kazzami! 

These topics will get you up to speed on "the rest of the story" quickly:

1. Kazemi-Kazammi is not a Kurd, he's not "one of them", but the Kurds are supporting him. This has monumental potential:

2. Iran has lost their power. The "Iran factor" that has held Iraq back in the past is just that... the past.

3. Kazzami has reportedly made his picks, and Parliament should rubber stamp them next week. This is progress.

They may not vote every one of them in, but 80% will be enough to move forward.

4. If you want the play-by-play, our fearless and tireless @yota691 has you covered.

(tl;dr version: Parliament is working.)

And on that note, my friends, I am wrapping up this Weekly.

Life is good, things in the desert look positive, and GOOO RRRVVVV!!!!!

- Adam

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.