Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

**Baghdad and Erbil agree on oil view**

easyrider

yep.. Barzani should be in baghdad over the weekened or early next week hopefully to iron things out and get this law implemented once and for all. We wait and see.

Easy :)

I have ordered the "beam me up, Scottie" for Barzani to be in Baghdad now lol so both he and Abadi can sign the document and voted on for formality and whoala.. HCL is on the dessert plate :)

I think we will see the weekend rocking.. Iraq has pattern with Saturday and they have been working overtime last weekend and this weekend could be an overtime too.  Also I am reading between the lines of what Abadi is saying "green zone will be without barrier in coming days".. meaning security will be in place.. ISIS will not be a threat anymore.. they have liberated Beiji and Mosul is already under Iraq's control.. wow.. are we pushing for the last touch up before the party????

What a coincidence, Baghdadi is only voice without appearance. Kobani is an issue of its own even though there is the war right now.. it will be done soon too.. guess 1400 American advisers truly kicking behind off ;):)

Talk to me, EASY LOL

Edited by Nadita

Snow,  you have the best cat videos ever.       So cute and funny.        Thanks for bring a smile to my day...... :D  :wave:

SnowGlobe7 I love your cat pics. I wish

my Boo could do that. Although he chases me

around the house by prancing side ways.

Thanks for the laughs.

You are more than welcome!!!

I enjoy doing it

(14 members and 32 guests...do you think it is the pictures???)

• Upvote 2

Kurdistan region, Baghdad reach deal on oil exports and payments
BY MICHAEL GEORGY AND ISABEL COLES
BAGHDAD/ARBIL Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:53pm EST

(Reuters) - The government of Iraq and the semi-autonomous region of Kurdistan have reached a deal to ease tensions over Kurdish oil exports and civil service payments from Baghdad, Iraq's finance minister told Reuters on Thursday.

Hoshiyar Zebari said the central government had agreed for the time being to resume payments from the federal budget for Kurdish civil servants' salaries.

Zebari, who is a Kurd, described the step as a "major breakthrough" that would reduce friction between the KRG and Baghdad. He said the payments would cover October and then November.

The deal was reached after talks between Iraqi Oil Minister Adel Abdel Mehdi and Kurdish Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani in the Kurdistan region on Thursday.

Baghdad stopped paying for KRG civil servant salaries in protest against the Kurds' exporting oil to Turkey independently.

Under the agreement, Iraqi Kurdistan will give 150,000 barrels per day of oil exports - equal to around half its overall shipments - to the federal budget.

In Arbil, the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) confirmed the agreement.

"What they have agreed is that Baghdad will release some funds - $500 million - and the KRG will give 150,000 barrels per day of oil to Baghdad," KRG spokesman Safeen Dizayee told Reuters.

EXPORTS STILL UNDER CONTROL OF KURDS
He said a KRG delegation headed by the prime minister would travel to Baghdad soon to hammer out a more comprehensive deal and the regional government would not hand over control of exports to Baghdad.

A similar agreement was proposed in April but never advanced to a deal.

In July, then Iraqi foreign minister Zebari said the Kurdish political bloc withdrew from the national government in protest against Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's accusation that Kurds were harbouring Islamist insurgents in their capital.

The Kurds later rejoined the administration. But tensions persisted.

Maliki, one of the most divisive figures to emerge from the U.S. occupation of Iraq, was later replaced by Haider al-Abadi.

He is seen as a moderate Shi'ite capable of cooperating with Sunni Muslims, Kurds and other sects.

Iraqi leaders are under pressure to bury differences in order to counter Islamic State militants who have seized chunks of the country in the north and west.

There are about 5 million Kurds in majority Arab Iraq, which has a population of more than 30 million. Most live in the north, where they run their own affairs, but remain reliant on Baghdad for a share of the national budget.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/13/us-iraq-kurdistan-idUSKCN0IX1X520141113

• Upvote 1

Like I have been saying..everyone take a breath..they have been working at lightening speeds since the new gov...give them a chance and look what they have done.

Folks this is huge....We may not wee a rate increase for a bit yet, but we are moving toward that day my friends.....kudos to the new GOI!!!!

funny-gif-cat-dancing-two-legs.gif

cats250.gif

Moves-Like-Jagger-Gif-maroon-5-26320861-

There's the happy dance. Woot woot.

Kurdistan region, Baghdad reach deal on oil exports and payments

BY MICHAEL GEORGY AND ISABEL COLES

BAGHDAD/ARBIL Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:53pm EST

(Reuters) - The government of Iraq and the semi-autonomous region of Kurdistan have reached a deal to ease tensions over Kurdish oil exports and civil service payments from Baghdad, Iraq's finance minister told Reuters on Thursday.

Hoshiyar Zebari said the central government had agreed for the time being to resume payments from the federal budget for Kurdish civil servants' salaries.

Zebari, who is a Kurd, described the step as a "major breakthrough" that would reduce friction between the KRG and Baghdad. He said the payments would cover October and then November.

The deal was reached after talks between Iraqi Oil Minister Adel Abdel Mehdi and Kurdish Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani in the Kurdistan region on Thursday.

Baghdad stopped paying for KRG civil servant salaries in protest against the Kurds' exporting oil to Turkey independently.

Under the agreement, Iraqi Kurdistan will give 150,000 barrels per day of oil exports - equal to around half its overall shipments - to the federal budget.

In Arbil, the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) confirmed the agreement.

"What they have agreed is that Baghdad will release some funds - $500 million - and the KRG will give 150,000 barrels per day of oil to Baghdad," KRG spokesman Safeen Dizayee told Reuters.

EXPORTS STILL UNDER CONTROL OF KURDS

He said a KRG delegation headed by the prime minister would travel to Baghdad soon to hammer out a more comprehensive deal and the regional government would not hand over control of exports to Baghdad.

A similar agreement was proposed in April but never advanced to a deal.

In July, then Iraqi foreign minister Zebari said the Kurdish political bloc withdrew from the national government in protest against Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's accusation that Kurds were harbouring Islamist insurgents in their capital.

The Kurds later rejoined the administration. But tensions persisted.

Maliki, one of the most divisive figures to emerge from the U.S. occupation of Iraq, was later replaced by Haider al-Abadi.

He is seen as a moderate Shi'ite capable of cooperating with Sunni Muslims, Kurds and other sects.

Iraqi leaders are under pressure to bury differences in order to counter Islamic State militants who have seized chunks of the country in the north and west.

There are about 5 million Kurds in majority Arab Iraq, which has a population of more than 30 million. Most live in the north, where they run their own affairs, but remain reliant on Baghdad for a share of the national budget.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/13/us-iraq-kurdistan-idUSKCN0IX1X520141113

W :backflip: WZA !!

• Upvote 1

http://www.un.org/sg/statements/index.asp?nid=8190

LATEST STATEMENTS New York, 13 November 2014 - Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on the Agreement between the Government of Iraq and the Kurdistan Regional Government on resolving the budget dispute

The Secretary-General welcomes the agreement reached between the Government of Iraq and the Kurdistan Regional Government aimed at finding a solution to the issues related to the general budget and oil exports.

He congratulates Iraq's Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi and Kurdistan Regional Government's Prime Minister Nechervan  Barzani for the willingness to negotiate and conclude agreements that are in the interest of the Iraqi people.

The Secretary-General encourages the Federal and Regional authorities to build on this important first step and to solve all remaining outstanding issues within the framework of the Constitution. The United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq stands ready, within its mandate, to continue supporting this process.

• Upvote 1