Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Finally, a realistic, optimistic perspective

KristiD

Maggie Dear....I just learned now about your loss... I'm sorry, my Sister... A looooooooooooong hug from me to you over the Ocean.

Thank You My Friend... I feel your Loooong hug from over the ocean.

Very much appreciate your arms wrapped around my shoulders. Thank You My Dear.

• Upvote 1

So..... can I open a bank account in IQD right now and have the number of dinar stay the same through ANY change in value compared to the USD?

I think that's the klinker.

OR, Can I change my notes RIGHT NOW for 250 dinar notes (people please tell me where), believing that only the 3 zero notes will be affected in ANY POSSIBLE next monetary policy change whether it be redenomination or revaluation since the 250 notes MIGHT remain untouched by those changes?

Things that make you go HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yup... Good Post Pablo404.

You Too Djorgie... you make too much sense my friend.

Funny how we like all the drama and speculation... but it's getting old for me... at least for today anyways.

I'll probably be more up to it tomorrow.

Had to put down my 20 year old kitty today. :( None of this seems to matter...

Maggie, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. You are right, none of this matters compared to loosing a friend and family member of 20 years. Take care of yourself and remember how much joy your baby brought you over the years.

r2

Edited by R2d2dc
  • Upvote 1

Maggie 123

Sorry about your 'kitty'. Years ago I had to do the same for mine who was about 18 years old. My daughters were most upset as my 'kitty' was here before they were born. I still think of her attacking the paper bags and the paper balls she batted around the house etc., etc.  I could not see her suffer anymore.

Just as sure that PM Maliki will get 'put down' at some point in the future; your 'kitty is happily playing with the loving angels along with mine and others.  Namaste.

• Upvote 1

Very Much Agree Waterman... never has made any sense to me either.

Hi Maggie123,

I too feel your sorrow for the loss of your little kitty. 20 years made her a senior citizen actually, and I can say with confidence that your emptiness shall be filled with equal portions of joy for being the excellent steward you were to her all those years!

On the subject of seat belts in school buses, it might interest those of you who don't know it already that there are none in city buses, Greyhound buses, or trains either. In fact, on a recent flight I also pondered the foolishness of seat belts in an airplane when I came to realize that their purpose probably has more to do with keeping people in their seats and out of the aisles than actually protecting us from harm since we all know that aside from taxiing to and from the terminal, a seat belt will do nothing to save us in a crash.

Billio0

Edited by billio0
  • Upvote 1

So..... can I open a bank account in IQD right now and have the number of dinar stay the same through ANY change in value compared to the USD?

I think that's the klinker.

OR, Can I change my notes RIGHT NOW for 250 dinar notes (people please tell me where), believing that only the 3 zero notes will be affected in ANY POSSIBLE next monetary policy change whether it be redenomination or revaluation since the 250 notes MIGHT remain untouched by those changes?

Things that make you go HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

jmo but the idea that Iraq would lop and it wouldnt effect the current lower denoms is imo one of the goofiest ideas that is floated in dinar land regularly.  If Iraq introduces new lower denoms and says they are worth one thing the dinar we hold will either be worth the same or they will make it a different class of currency and it will be worth whatever they say.  It would effect the entire class though, every note out now.  The idea that a lop would all of a sudden make the 250 worth more then the 25000 is silly but its sold a lot of lower denoms for the dealers.

Hi Maggie123,

I too feel your sorrow for the loss of your little kitty. 20 years made her a senior citizen actually, and I can say with confidence that your emptiness shall be filled with equal portions of joy for being the excellent steward you were to her all those years!

On the subject of seat belts in school buses, it might interest those of you who don't know it already that there are none in city buses, Greyhound buses, or trains either. In fact, on a recent flight I also pondered the foolishness of seat belts in an airplane when I came to realize that their purpose probably has more to do with keeping people in their seats and out of the aisles than actually protecting us from harm since we all know that aside from taxiing to and from the terminal, a seat belt will do nothing to save us in a crash.

Billio0

belts keep people from serious injury due to mid flight clear air turbulence

I think you did misunderstand.  What happened was that the bank told the customer they would only exchange 10% of the customer's total amount of 250-denominated dinars.  The other 90% the customer would have to keep as 250 notes.  This implies that the banks don't have many 3-zero notes anymore.  This could be due to the CBI pulling in those larger notes in anticipation of a new lower rate.  We can only hope....right? 

Sorry I didn't make that clear the first time.

".....................ok.........................................as the most interesting man in the world I will tell you what is happening..........................................................the 3 zero notes are being phased out so the RV can take place........................................................very soon the 250 note will be worth $875 US and I will be purchasing my Bentley that afternoon............................................................or..................maybe not!"

"Stay thirsty my friends!"

• Upvote 1

".....................ok.........................................as the most interesting man in the world I will tell you what is happening..........................................................the 3 zero notes are being phased out so the RV can take place........................................................very soon the 250 note will be worth $875 US and I will be purchasing my Bentley that afternoon............................................................or..................maybe not!"

"Stay thirsty my friends!"

Huh......I assumed the most interesting man in the world already has a Bentley.......jacked up for mudding on the weekends.   :shrug: 

GO RV, and NO BV

Thank You Again For All The Kind Words... Very Sweet Of You All.

As for the talk about a shortage of large notes... I dunno... maybe they are getting worn out?

I have read several times that they have to repair them to keep them in circulation.

Leads to the question... why don't they just print more and retire the worn out notes?

• Upvote 2

Hi Maggie,

You are so fortunate to have had your little one make it to 20 years. That shows the love that was given by you. Our last 2 dogs lived to 20 and 17. Any pet that lives that long did so through the love of their owner.........you should be proud not sad girl........amazing

• Upvote 1

Funny how we like all the drama and speculation... but it's getting old for me... at least for today anyways.

So sorry Maggie. Been there. Never easy.  :(

Maggie, sorry for your loss. I know how you feel because I lost my golden lab and two precious cats to old age this year. The vet didnt know what to do when I cried and dropped to my knees, its the hardest thing to put down our pets. Im only 6 foot 7 and 285 and found out im pretty much a woose when I lose my pets.

When we lost our rescued BorderMutt after only ten

years we knew we had been gifted in the unique opportunity to give a happy life to an abused and abandoned wretch. We were so grateful for what she gave us in joy and love we felt we owed her something so we went back to the shelter and got another "sad story". It sometimes takes years to bring them out of the hell they've gone through but for us the reward is worth it.

...and yes, cool if the"000" notes are getting scarce!

Oh Maggie! I am SO sorry to hear about your loss. I've had to put down my cats and it is such a heart breaker. Many years on IV and finally having to give then the final injection is a confusing and difficult experience. And many people don't realize how cats can be such members of the family. I am sorry you are hurting. Hang in there, kid.

Ps I lost my Dad two months ago and have been devastated. It took at least a month to look at this site...life is short, let's enjoy what we have.

Kaperoni is pretty well-respected in the dinar community and is not a pumper.  He is one of the few Guru's that I listen too.  He did a guest spot on Phoenix's show yesterday and brought up some very good reasons why the RV may happen before the elections on April 30.  The show is 2 hrs long and includes Q&A.  You can start at the 10 minute mark to hear what he has to say for about an hour, then decide if you want to listen to the Q&A. 

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/asdf/2014/03/25/special-guestkaperoni

Some encouraging things are:

Employees in Basra were paid in 250 dinar notes (that'd be like us being paid in quarters) and when they went to the bank to exchange them for 3 zero notes the bank would only exchange 10% of their notes.  It doesn't make sense to pay in near worthless lower denoms unless these notes may be more useable shortly.

There's good reason to think Maliki may try to do the RV right before the elections so that he makes people happy and gets reelected.  If he waits until just before the elections, it doesn't give his opponents time to use the higher valued currency to campaign against him.

There's a lot of other encouraging things in the talk so if you want some well-reasoned good news - not pie in the sky pumper stories, it's worth your time to listen to.

Kristi D

Thanks for posting this. I found it very informative. He has a great perspective on this situation. I had never heard him speak before. I have to say he's seems to really be on top of this and knows what he's talking about.

Once again Thank You......... :)

• Upvote 2

I don't post on here often, but like to set the record straight occasionally. An easy way to tell when someone has no idea what they're talking about is when they imply that Maliki has any power in actually changing the value of Iraq's currency. He doesn't. He can not 'do the RV.' I hope it is well understood that no one can just 'do the RV.' He is the Prime Minister and has little to no say at all in the entire matter of currency reform. Aside from that, it is not a 'flip-switch' scenario. Understand the complexity of actually changing the value of a currency, the cost of the project, the length of time required even for just removing 0's from the currency, while retaining the same actual value.

Secondly, this is the 4th time I have heard a story of payment in small dinar notes; not saying it was fake or not - just demonstrating its lack of significance. Secondly, no one seems to be logically analyzing that information - if it is factual. The fact of the matter is that the same payment (quantitatively) was made, but in different notes. The only thing this would actually indicate is a shortage of notes. Withholding the notes would have no purpose, as the same quantity in currency has been delivered. If a 'revalue' was of concern, you do realize that the notes available would make no difference whatsoever, as the value of the currency would be applied across the board to all currency for likely trade-in? There is no logical way to derive any significance from this story, aside from a form of 'pumping' or 'non-news alteration.' You have to utilize false 'logic', and the 'guru mindset' in order to even begin to twist this into some kind of 'good news.' Just present the info to any economist who has no knowledge of Iraq, so there is no bias, and he will say '...okay. So, what?' as the story is indicative of absolutely nothing.

It is okay to speculate, but filter out the garbage with intellectual discernment. I've said it a million times, research their history, how their current government works ('poorly' is an answer, but not exactly what I mean), and please study economics, monetary policy, etc. People tend to read things on here or from gurus, and use that information as a knowledge base, or as fact for later on. And it continues to build and build and build. After enough years, the logic used to debate others or analyze these bits of 'information' is literally a new form of logic that was completely developed by the 'Dinar Revalue Community' (of Guru's). It becomes a world of its own, with rules of its own, and logic of its own - that doesn't make sense whatsoever.

Iraq is trying to restructure their currency - yes. Monetary reform is a priority. But read the facts about it - they are trying their best to stabilize, pay back foreign debts, they just bought $1.5 billion of gold this past month, etc; which makes them the 40th largest holder of gold. But their total reserves still aren't very high. They're trying, and they do face struggles, some of which have been appropriately discussed here - but don't think there will be a random switch at a split moment in time. You will know EXTREMELY WELL when something real is about to happen. It will not be a secret, and it will take significant time and preparation. End Rant. I won't be on here to reply for probably another month, but hopefully some actually look into these things. Any questions, just message me, and I'll try to get back to them soon. And again, if you'd like to read about my time as a pumper, it should still be on my profile as replies to another person who asked me those questions a while back. 

Edited by dinarvictory
  • Upvote 2

dinarvictory, if you don't think Maliki has a hand in this your out of touch.  Maliki has proven over the last few years he wants into the CBI and the World Bank and IMF have warned numerous times over the last 3 years, most recently threatening to 'blacklist' them if it continues.  To also say payment in smaller denominations is 'demonstrating its lack of significance' makes no sense.  Of course it is significant.  There is no logical explanation for intentionally holding larger denominations out of circulation, it creates uncertainty and instability in the marketplace. I don't think anyone thinks the dinar will RV anymore as my friend has shown from the IMF documents the dinar will rise gradually.  Minimizing from circulation larger denominations is key prior to that event.

Edited by katie45
  • Upvote 1

Oh, Maggie!! I'm so sorry!! I have lost cats I loved, and I know how it feels. They became extraordinary friends as well as family members, and they knew it. Mine were Misty, Spike, and Abra (Abracadabra), and even after all these years, I still miss every one of them. Losing an old friend like them is the price we have to pay for being able to love them so much.  But it is worth the price because they so obviously return our love in full measure.  I think God sends His love to us in a number of ways, and the full devotion of a beloved animal is one of them. 

Oh, Man!! I hope it works out so a  250 note is worth $875!!!!  Then I hope I keep being grateful instead of being pi$$'d off  because I had to wait so many years of my life before I got this kind of return on anything. lol  What I could have done with this kind of money if I'd had it when I was in my 30's. LOL  But then, come to think of it, that may be the reason I didn't get it back then. LOL

Finally, a realistic, optimistic perspective.... :lol:  :lmao: 

Kaperoni   Article:   "Expectations passage of the law of oil and gas during the next parliamentary session."   Budget won't be passed on Sunday..it is only the second reading.  :facepalm2:    They would have to schedule it one more time to pass it.  :facepalm3:  :eek:   
 I expect that may be middle of next week and the Oil & Gas law may also pass then since I believe that has been read twice already.  

Really..the above statement as it states: I believe that law of oiL and gas has been Read Twice Already ..in which he has NO CLUE...OH and lets make sure to point out as it been stated over hundred times it gonna Float...