Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Spit in the DV Punch Bowl

Rayzur

Great Post Rayzur +1 as always -Great comments / replies by all -- I do not force any  belief system on anyone - I appreciate and am grateful to have the privilege of choice for myself - The post below is very fitting for this thread  - It does contain some scripture for referencing -

If you took all of them away the rest of it still carries a lot of weight worth our attention - I use to hear a little phrase as a child and thought it was important -  "Sticks & stones may break my bones but words may never hurt me" -- Well words can & do hurt - If they hurt it means we have put value to some degree in the person that is projecting them - and obviously that value is not felt or shared 

Words are very powerful and unless you have the thick skin { or "hardened heart" as I would call it} it takes a very strong advanced soul in my opinion to "disallow" their pain - If we choose to be sensitive and feel -- we are going to feel the pain in the words as they were directed - Our words have a ripple effect and can build up or tear down a persons spirit - and who can be strong 24/7?  Have a great day UNEEK

"The most important distinction between aggression and assertion is its intent. During assertion, we move ourselves toward another; during aggression, we move ourselves against another. Assertion is vital within a relationship. Aggression is not..."

The Weapon Of Words

"The unspoken word is in your control... Once spoken it has control over you" 
"He who does not read has no power over the one who can't"

POST BY  alp108 KTFA  

Words are not simply sounds caused by air passing through our larynx. Words have real power.

God spoke the world into being by the power of His words (Hebrews 11:3), and we are in His image in part because of the power we have with words. Words do more than convey information.

The power of our words can actually destroy one’s spirit, even stir up hatred and violence. They not only incite wounds but inflict them directly.

Of all the creatures on this planet, only man has the ability to communicate through the spoken word. The power to use words is a very unique and powerful gift from God.

Though it is a gift, our words have the power to destroy and the power to build up (Proverbs 12:6).

The writer of Proverb tells us: “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit” (Proverbs 18:21).

Are we using words to build up people or destroy them? Are they filled with hate or love, bitterness or blessing, complaining or compliments, lust or love, victory or defeat? 

Like tools they can be used to help us reach our goals or to send us spiraling into a deep depression.

Furthermore, our words not only have the power to bring us death or life in this world, but in the next as well. Jesus said: “But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.

For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned” (Matthew 12:36-37). Words are so important, that we are going to give an account of what we say when we stand before the Lord Jesus Christ.

The apostle Paul wrote: “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen” (Ephesians 4:29).

In this passage, Paul is emphasizing the positive over against the negative. The Greek word translated “unwholesome” means “rotten” or “foul.” It originally referred to rotten fruit and vegetables. Being like Christ means we don't use foul, dirty language. 

For some reason, many people today think it is macho or liberating to use vulgar humor, dirty jokes, and foul language, but this kind of talk has no place in the life of a Christian. Paul continues: “ . . . but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” 

This is reminiscent of his words to the Colossians: “Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone” (Colossians 4:6; see also Colossians 3:16).

There is a remarkable parallel between Ephesians 4:25, lying; Ephesians 4:28, stealing; and Ephesians 4:29, unwholesome talk. In each case Paul is urging us to be a blessing for those with whom we have daily contact. 

Paul is emphasizing that merely refraining from telling lies, stealing, or unwholesome speech is not enough. The truth is that Christianity is not a mere “don't” religion.

As followers of Christ we should emulate the example of Jesus whose words were so filled with grace that the multitudes were amazed (Luke 4:22). 

Jesus reminds us that the words we speak are actually the overflow of our hearts (Matthew 12:34-35). When one becomes a Christian there is an expectancy that a change of speech follows because living for Christ makes a difference in one’s choice of words. 

The sinner’s mouth is “full of cursing and bitterness” (Romans 3:14); but when we turn our lives over to Christ, we gladly confess that “Jesus is Lord” (Romans 10:9-10). As condemned sinners, our mouths are silenced before the throne of God (Romans 3:19), but as believers, our mouths are opened to praise and glorify God (Romans 15:6).

Christians are those whose hearts have been changed by the power of God, a change which is reflected in our words. Remember, before we were saved, we lived in spiritual death (Ephesians 2:1-3). Paul describes those who are dead in sin: “Their throats are open graves” (Romans 3:13).

Our words are full of blessing when the heart is full of blessing. So if we fill our hearts with the love of Christ, only truth and purity can come out of our mouths.

Peter tells us: “In your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect” (1 Peter 3:15). 

Let the power of our words be used of God to manifest the power of our faith. Be prepared to give the reason for why we love the Lord—at anytime, to anyone.

Our words should demonstrate the power of God’s grace and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in our lives. May God enable us to use our words as an instrument of His love and saving grace.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Wow, gobsmacked here for a minute.. Anyone who doubts how great this site and more to the point how incredible, intelligent, courageous, and honorable its people,..... only need read some of what you guys are saying.

The power explosively released from the courage to dig down into our own individual humanity in order to make this a better place …..is inspirational... Such incredible heartfelt contributions from the stuff that makes us human.. and I got to say, this swell of pride seeing how many military guys get that only “the true warrior does not fear his heart, or its power to achieve victory in either engaging or preventing battle”.

Ya'll restore faith in humanity and encourage hope that what we do here, will make a difference for good, in the lives of those around us... and in some way, leave the world a better place for having been there. This cyber family means a lot to me as do you guys so much more. Thanks for taking the time and your willingness to reach out. Like some in here have so wisely noted, these be some crazy times, and its pretty cool to see how many of you are out there willing to stand together against the increasing insanity around us.

And speaking of Syria, looks like things are coming down with greater possibility of a less then lethal solution. Don't know about you, but it didn't  escape my attention, that the initial strike solution seemed all but certain, AND, hundreds of thousands of people stood on fundamental common ground as one voice ...and the power of that one united voice, literally changed decisions that would impact the entire world,.... and as a country, took us away from the brink of destroying life as we know it.

Any time there is a time you think your voice doesn't matter.... remember this moment of history, and know; however insignificant you might feel as an individual, when you are able to get past whatever insignificant details isolates you from others such that you are able to find common fundamental ground..... the power of one united voice together, can and did change the world.

Blessings one and all ~~

• Upvote 3

Name calling and character assassination remind me of the story of a little girl and her grand mother teaching her the impact of lies and spreading gossip and misinformation. She asked her grand daughter to take a pillow full of feathers to the top of a hill on a windy day and release them. The little girl did so. Then, her grand mother asked her to go and pick them all up...... Then it dawned on the kid that that was impossible to gather back the gossip and words once delivered... They were scattered too far and wide.
Well words are like that too. As mentioned if they remain as thoughts....no foul. But once written or spoken a chain of events is set in place.
I too have pulled back from this site. Partly because of limited Internet where I now reside, but also because as a foreigner I cannot fathom the psyche of the American people and this overwhelming desire to win and be right even with your fellow American.
I now choose where I contribute.... Health or uplifting others or just relaxing in the chill threads...mostly just reading these days.
I too like an intelligent debate, but IMHO it must always be respectful.
I have learned heaps on all manner of things on this diverse site with such wide ranging topics made the better by the great variety of people here.
My biggest concern is the ones struggling for $ or jobs and getting disillusioned with the wait for an RV. Some are too fragile to even insider the possibility of a lop.
I look forward to the day when I can have the privilege of finally meeting some of you 'characters' F2F.
Until then... Be blessed

Edited by FlyHi
  • Upvote 4

I look forward to the day when I can have the privilege of finally meeting some of you 'characters' F2F.

Until then... Be blessed

At the risk of sounding very mushy... I Love You FlyHi :)

We formed a bond around your representing this community when BettyBoop was in a true crisis.

I will never forget you for that... nor will I ever forget that feeling of truly caring about another person on this site.

I am so glad you are doing well yourself.

You have been an inspiration to me.

Hugs Maggie :)

• Upvote 2

Rayzur... one word..."brilliant"... That's what you is, it's in your DNA... And folks who try to "build up" will always be criticized by those who want to tear down... go ahead and build anyway!!! When a lobster is caught and placed in a cage they have to put a lid on the cage... Cause the lobster will crawl out, but if you catch several you can remove the lid...cause the rest will "drag down" the one trying to break free! Don' t be distracted by the ones who "don't have your back"... But rather lets focus on helping one another... Nuffield said, and thanks for the wonderful post!!!

• Upvote 3

Thankyou Rayzur, DDsix ( and anyone else on this level),

I have wondered as I've observed for months where is the

Voice that is going to unify the splintered factions of truth in this

country and I think I see I see some corks bobbing to the surface.

This is the kind of bold humility necessary ( at the very least to inspire)

to bring together And mobilize a meaningful response to where

our country is at / heading.

Each of you have my heartfelt thanks for what you have expressed here.

Wc41

• Upvote 1

Rayzur: You got it right. Real right.  Jomans: I appreciate your view point but I disagree.

I got embroiled defending what I felt was a unique respectfulness that I only found on this website. In fact I even got told by TexasGranny the best mod there is, that I gotta clean my act up or I will be tagged for being agressive and cussing, something that is not in my nature. The subject matter got so heated, It got so negative that  I got caught up in the flesh and lowered myself to their level. The deal is that towards the end the biggest offender was the biggest Mod there is; yup it was Bumper, the big guy on the bike. I had brought his negativeness to his attention pointing out that by his being a mod and defending the attack mentality that is taking this site over like the muslim brotherhood took over Egypt. He challenged me. Something to the effect " What your going up against me??? " Blah, blah, blah. Bumper, a Mod, even had a buddy of his emboldened enough to challenge my manhood, stating they should be cool cuz I may be the type of person that would take this subject directly to Adam M via an email. Which I was, which I did. See something say something call the cops is what I do. I respect no man that tries to bully people. I don't give a crap, you come in attack me, family, or friends, I will stand up against you everytime. Got some scars as a result of that point of view, been bashed up once or twice, but oh well. Bumper hated it when I pointed out the respect rules at the beginning of this site. It was those set of rules that we all need to  re-read and adhere to; Mods' included. Yeah this is the internet, so what are you gonna do? However, the rules of respect that are unique to this site is what makes this site cool. It give DV a higher level of legitimacy. If it were not for these rules DV would be just another dinar site. If this becomes just another site I will switch my devotion to Breitling or something. Lets just keep it respectful and follow the rules that Adam has already asked us to agree to.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Name calling and character assassination remind me of the story of a little girl and her grand mother teaching her the impact of lies and spreading gossip and misinformation. She asked her grand daughter to take a pillow full of feathers to the top of a hill on a windy day and release them. The little girl did so. Then, her grand mother asked her to go and pick them all up...... Then it dawned on the kid that that was impossible to gather back the gossip and words once delivered... They were scattered too far and wide.

Well words are like that too. As mentioned if they remain as thoughts....no foul. But once written or spoken a chain of events is set in place.

I too have pulled back from this site. Partly because of limited Internet where I now reside, but also because as a foreigner I cannot fathom the psyche of the American people and this overwhelming desire to win and be right even with your fellow American.

I now choose where I contribute.... Health or uplifting others or just relaxing in the chill threads...mostly just reading these days.

I too like an intelligent debate, but IMHO it must always be respectful.

I have learned heaps on all manner of things on this diverse site with such wide ranging topics made the better by the great variety of people here.

My biggest concern is the ones struggling for $ or jobs and getting disillusioned with the wait for an RV. Some are too fragile to even insider the possibility of a lop.

Until then... Be blessed

Fly, I have you high on my list of f2f candidates. Hope it is soon.

• Upvote 1

Yes, it is wrong but I have a slight tendency to protect/defend those that I feel have been wronged or taken advantage.  If they are being a dirt bag, being ugly just to be contentious then call them on it.   But I agree with you that we have a responsibility to this site to keep it clean and livable.  At times that may call for "weeding the garden" or "taking out the trash".  If you what to take off the "body armor", I have found the VIP/OSI areas to be more of a safe zone.  Rayzur, thank you for your service to our country.

Edited by okane

Rayzur: You got it right. Real right.  Jomans: I appreciate your view point but I disagree.

I got embroiled defending what I felt was a unique respectfulness that I only found on this website. In fact I even got told by TexasGranny the best mod there is, that I gotta clean my act up or I will be tagged for being agressive and cussing, something that is not in my nature. The subject matter got so heated, It got so negative that  I got caught up in the flesh and lowered myself to their level. The deal is that towards the end the biggest offender was the biggest Mod there is; yup it was Bumper, the big guy on the bike. I had brought his negativeness to his attention pointing out that by his being a mod and defending the attack mentality that is taking this site over like the muslim brotherhood took over Egypt. He challenged me. Something to the effect " What your going up against me??? " Blah, blah, blah. Bumper, a Mod, even had a buddy of his emboldened enough to challenge my manhood, stating they should be cool cuz I may be the type of person that would take this subject directly to Adam M via an email. Which I was, which I did. See something say something call the cops is what I do. I respect no man that tries to bully people. I don't give a crap, you come in attack me, family, or friends, I will stand up against you everytime. Got some scars as a result of that point of view, been bashed up once or twice, but oh well. Bumper hated it when I pointed out the respect rules at the beginning of this site. It was those set of rules that we all need to  re-read and adhere to; Mods' included. Yeah this is the internet, so what are you gonna do? However, the rules of respect that are unique to this site is what makes this site cool. It give DV a higher level of legitimacy. If it were not for these rules DV would be just another dinar site. If this becomes just another site I will switch my devotion to Breitling or something. Lets just keep it respectful and follow the rules that Adam has already asked us to agree to.

What heck are you talking about?  Like I told you once before, if you have a problem with me take it to Adam! Posting this in the general forum after i suggested you taking this up with Adam just got you put on Mod Review!!

I guarantee that if you ask around you will see that I have am and have always been very fair with the members here!!

• Upvote 5

What heck are you talking about?  Like I told you once before, if you have a problem with me take it to Adam! Posting this in the general forum after i suggested you taking this up with Adam just got you put on Mod Review!!

I guarantee that if you ask around you will see that I have am and have always been very fair with the members here!!

Bumper... I have "always" found you a straight shooter!!! :cowboy2:

Not only that...your "real"... that, in my book puts you in the top bro, the kind I want to call "friend"!!!   ;) 

• Upvote 3

Bump has always been more than fair with me, and gone out of his way with any help that I needed. I call him friend as well!!  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

Bumper... I have "always" found you a straight shooter!!! :cowboy2:

Not only that...your "real"... that, in my book puts you in the top bro, the kind I want to call "friend"!!!   ;) 

Bump has always been more than fair with me, and gone out of his way with any help that I needed. I call him friend as well!!  :twothumbs:

Thank You to both of you and I feel the same about you!!

Man I seen that coming from a mile away 

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

Ha ! If Anything Ur Too Lenient Sometimes By Giving Some Of These 'Button Pushers' A 2nd And 3rd Chance ! :o

Btw, When R We Leaving For Baghdad To Go And Kick Maliki's Azz Into Starting Up This RV ? FYI, I'm Packing Steel Toed Clown Shoes ! :butt-kicking:

:D          :D          :D

• Upvote 4

Ha ! If Anything Ur Too Lenient Sometimes By Giving Some Of These 'Button Pushers' A 2nd And 3rd Chance ! :o

Btw, When R We Leaving For Baghdad To Go And Kick Maliki's Azz Into Starting Up This RV ? FYI, I'm Packing Steel Toed Clown Shoes ! :butt-kicking:

:D          :D          :D

Ditto, same here, how could anyone think other wise of our Bumper.  :blush:

Thank you both for the kind words!!  I guess you can't when them all when it comes to dealing with some of these people!!

DT, I am ready to go!!! :)

Best way to avoid issues and childish behavior is to use the ignore button. So You don't wind on the sit the corner and color list.

Amen!!

• Upvote 3

You got new found wealth? 

Hmmm You holding out on us professor 

You one of those tier 1 guys?  :)

Attempting to stay positive after Chap 7 release anti-climax...LOL

omg...Omg...OMG!!!!!

Razur.. I thought you were a dude...  DOH!

You also thought I was an atheist...LOL

omg...Omg...OMG!!!!!

Razur.. I thought you were a dude...  DOH!

Laughing my tail off.... :lol: :lol: :lol:  No worries my friend.... That has happened my entire career, and it didn't help my legal given name is fairly non committal as well... People all over the place getting memos, directives whatever, then there's a meeting, I show up, reception is: hey.... nice lady, humm lets go have drinks later, ... now where's the guy that we're supposed to meet.... :lol: :lol:

One of these days, when its all said and done, I'll put up the links to the TV show pilots, so you can vet and verify  :D  :D

PS and maybe its a woman thing.... and I remain inspired by this effort I see of recent to pull for excellence, remaining connected midst our differences... :twothumbs:

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 3