Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bank Story - CAUTION may be too hot to swallow!

TQueezy

Today was pay day, so I went to cash my check at the bank.

The transaction was normal, except for one thing...

Instead of the teller asking just "Is there anything else I can do for you today?" She asked,

"Do you have any Iraqi Dinar you'd like to exchange for US dollars today?"

It hit me like a sac of wet potatoes. So I stared blankly and said, "not today, thanks though."

She then winked and said, "I don't blame you, it's better to wait; it's going to revalue soon to like at least 1 to 1 with the dollar."

Then I said thanks and she said "see you next time" and I left. I think I passed Okie or Terry K on the way out, can't be too sure.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

Thanks TQweezy.  Great news about the RV 1:1.  This is just what I had been hoping for.... 1:1 has always sounded good to me.  However I am a bit perplexed as to how a bank teller could let this out of the bag before the official announcement.  I thought all bank staff had been sworn to secrecy until the gag order had been lifted....but you might be right - Okie and Terry K are no doubt lurking in the shadows .....

• Downvote 1

I passed Bigfoot on the way out. Bigfoot was singing "We're In The Money" & had a wheel barrel full of IQD.

The teller told him we are not accepting any IQD today. Then Bigfoot ripped her arms out of her armpits & stormed out the door.

• Upvote 5

Then I said thanks and she said "see you next time" and I left. I think I passed Okie or Terry K on the way out, can't be too sure.

I passed Bigfoot on the way out. Bigfoot was singing "We're In The Money" & had a wheel barrel full of IQD.

The teller told him we are not accepting any IQD today. Then Bigfoot ripped her arms out of her armpits & stormed out the door.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/149654-bank-story-caution-may-be-too-hot-to-swallow/#ixzz2UIVk6MLB

I went to the drive-thru window at my bank yesterday to deposit my paycheck.  When the teller sent my receipt back, it had exchanged at 1 to 1, and I thought this was really good news, so I thought I'd ask about Dinar... the teller looked straight at me and said, "I haven't heard from her since she was fired 3 months ago..."  :tiphat:

I always stay away from the negative attitudes and comments.  I just have to get this said,"Grow up people, we are adults and if you choose not believe statements turn the page.  Your ranting is immature and truely makes you look stupid!  Dont agree move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Im sorry but I dont believe your story. I have family in the banking business and the tellers are the last to know anything. Branch managers have to keep everything under wraps up until the moment they get the ok from higher up. Them a branch meeting takes place and it is explained carefully to them and what they are allowed to tell the customers. The last thing they want or need is annoying customers hassling them about information they dont have.  

The other day I went to my bank (Chase) and bought VND,I aslo asked about the IQD and they were not familiar with what was going on with it. The teller was almost embarrassed that she couldnt answer my questions. Ive also done this at other banks to see the reaction and its been the same.

So we wait.................................... :twocents:  :rocking-chair:

• Upvote 3

The Next Time That Ur Passing Gas - Try Not To Open A Thread About It .......

:D :D :D

DT, my Friend... Why?.. Everybody and their cats improvise themselves as Gurus ( based on total nothing other than flat out lies, mind you)....And all of them get regularly quoted here anyway.... Why can't he/she? 

Edited by umbertino

I always stay away from the negative attitudes and comments.  I just have to get this said,"Grow up people, we are adults and if you choose not believe statements turn the page.  Your ranting is immature and truely makes you look stupid!  Dont agree move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I agree vtw. Bunch of immature adults rehearsing for Comedy channel.

• Downvote 2

On May 28th I'm going to my local bank and I'm going to give the "Bank Teller" some Dinar to exchange and see what kind of "Bank Story" I'll have to share... :eyebrows: 

On May 29 I have to go to my Dentist ( zillionth session....) .......What a bliss......