Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The return of the "neg" button

The Machine

***///

Hey, as long as we got 'OlSarge-the-little-saluting-icon back, we're happy! :salute:

( a HUGE thank you to whoever brought him back home to us here, we're veklempt)

as far as the buttons being back, well, click away.... :twothumbs:

it'll all get sorted out in Heaven anyway ! :angel:

Too funny, watch the negs now...it's easy to hit the wrong color.. :peace:

• Upvote 6

I had finally just adjusted to not having the neg button.  Guess I'll readjust. I have really needed it several times. lol I'll also have to behave myself verbally much better. I had finally built some real thunder in my voice and was beginning to enjoy it. haha

• Upvote 3

I for one quite honestly was thrilled to see the neg button gone. Many people would say they were or should be  negging the post and not the person, but it was the person who walked away with the negs. So not sure of its point. Also seemed to be a way that people voted on a specific person's beliefs and showed their dislike of that person or their beliefs. .... And you'd have to work really hard to convince me that you have no idea what or even who in some cases I am talking about.... It also seemed to be a readily used tool to enforce majority opinion, stiffle opinion of the minority (about whatever the discussion), and stifle the power of creativity in dissension or disagreement. In many cases it seemed like nothing more than a fat azzed popularity contest... complete with sophomoric emotional maturity in more than a few cases. 

Way back in the day, when we were a young forum, we did have buttt head dill weeds that would come in and stir things up just to be a major snot. The negs allowed a threshold when reached, would trigger mod review at least and was to vote people off the island. 

We've come a long way since then. I don't see it being used that way, nor do I see the need for it at this level of developmental maturity as a forum. 

And if it persists, I would suggest that it seems only right  there be notification of who negged who..... Why not be transparent, otherwise it becomes a cheap shot drive by, the clique voting on the clique, the club voting for the club, or some stupid popularity contest. If you disagree with what I say, I absolutely respect that. And if you feel that strongly about it, then give me something to think about. Tell me why. Give me info I don't have, a perspective I didn't consider. If instead you simply neg and drive on by without comment, you have added ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, to the conversation, the content, the information or the perspective other than your emotional reaction to either me (if I am not in the club) my difference of opinion or perspective (if I am pro and you are anti or vice versa something), or perhaps just the info I posted. But I won't know that if you are not forced to either offer your difference of opinion, or drive on by cause you have nothing to offer, ..... but now...you can simply vote pizzzy against me (not me personally, me in general... ).... I was so happy it was gone, thinking wow, maybe things will open up even more and we'll get all sides of a discussion so as to better form an opinion or perspective.... But now, .... well I suspect consistent with human behavior 101, it will go back to suppressed discussion, and sans that freedom, will return to a continuing  exit of some of our older, more senior,  experienced, and even informed members who aren't in the mood to sustain constant attack of their views by way of the Red Scourge, the Scarlet Letter... <_<

And to keep it mature, and creative and open to difference of opinion, with the greatest possibility of gaining information from all sides of a discussion, in formulating a more rounded perspective, .....  I without hesitation give the Neg button a big fat NEG.  :angry:

Group think is nothing more than a different flavor of kool-aid. 

• Upvote 7

Now could we get the "return to the top" button back? Please :rolleyes:

***///

It's there WC.... scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page til ya can't go down no mo', right there in the middle, a little circle, dead center with the little "up" arrow in it... try it, you'll like it!

Happy hunting! :tiphat:

• Upvote 2