Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama Takes $1.8 Million Flight Back to Hawaii

krome2ez

Back to Vacation:

Obama Takes $1.8 Millon Dollar Midnight Flight to Hawaii

2 January 2013

90f658bc7c69b4f06e03a960d67b3cc6.jpg

After Congress agreed temporarily to avert the “fiscal cliff” last night, President Barack Obama hailed the deal in brief remarks delivered from the White House, and then headed to Air Force One to take a midnight flight to Hawaii. Obama had left his family days earlier to return to Washington to deal with the “fiscal cliff.”

Obama “ended a seven-minute statement in the Press Briefing Room starting at about 11:27 p.m.,” according to the pool report. “Dressed only in a blue suit, he walked across the South Lawn to board Marine One at 11:40 p.m.”

The pool report adds, “Marine One touched down at Andrews Air Force Base at 11:54 p.m. POTUS, still in a dark gray suit and light blue tie, walked quickly to Air Force One and dashed up the stairs. Valerie Jarrett, Jay Carney and Alyssa Mastromonaco also are on board tonight. At 12:01 a.m., Air Force One is rolling.”

But the American tax payer paid a price for Obama’s return.

The cost of flying Air Force One from Andrews Air Force Base to Hawaii, MSNBC reports this morning is, $1.8 million. That means the total round-trip cost of President Obama’s return trip to Washington from his Hawaii vacation was at least $3.6 million.

Read More: http://www.weeklystandard.com/

Read more: http://MinuteMenNews.com/2013/01/back-to-vacation-obama-takes-1-8-millon-dollar-midnight-flight-to-hawaii/#ixzz2GrDHAgYM

• Upvote 2

Man it just flames my ass when I see this kind of stuff! What the crap has happened to my country. Last minute decision to fix the "Cliff", still not fixed. Worst is yet to come. First Lady and kids partying like rock-stars in Hawaii and the Supreme Commander in charge jumps a jet in time for happy hour. WHATS IN YOUR WALLET!!!!

• Upvote 2

I think it was around 3 million round trip which would be about right for what you are saying, but hey, it's only money, not his biggrin.gif, and Geithner cant print morelaugh.gif.

So why all the fuss? Besides, only 1479 more days soon.gif till he gets the ass-kicking.gif

We need a "dripping or gushing with sarcasm" icon. TwoCents.gif

Back to Vacation:

Obama Takes $1.8 Millon Dollar Midnight Flight to Hawaii

2 January 2013

90f658bc7c69b4f06e03a960d67b3cc6.jpg

After Congress agreed temporarily to avert the “fiscal cliff” last night, President Barack Obama hailed the deal in brief remarks delivered from the White House, and then headed to Air Force One to take a midnight flight to Hawaii. Obama had left his family days earlier to return to Washington to deal with the “fiscal cliff.”

Obama “ended a seven-minute statement in the Press Briefing Room starting at about 11:27 p.m.,” according to the pool report. “Dressed only in a blue suit, he walked across the South Lawn to board Marine One at 11:40 p.m.”

The pool report adds, “Marine One touched down at Andrews Air Force Base at 11:54 p.m. POTUS, still in a dark gray suit and light blue tie, walked quickly to Air Force One and dashed up the stairs. Valerie Jarrett, Jay Carney and Alyssa Mastromonaco also are on board tonight. At 12:01 a.m., Air Force One is rolling.”

But the American tax payer paid a price for Obama’s return.

The cost of flying Air Force One from Andrews Air Force Base to Hawaii, MSNBC reports this morning is, $1.8 million. That means the total round-trip cost of President Obama’s return trip to Washington from his Hawaii vacation was at least $3.6 million.

Read More: http://www.weeklystandard.com/

Read more: http://MinuteMenNews.com/2013/01/back-to-vacation-obama-takes-1-8-millon-dollar-midnight-flight-to-hawaii/#ixzz2GrDHAgYM

President Obama is an arrogant human. He is irresponsible for leaving this continent to vacation when the American taxpayers are left in question. We pay his salary and his vacation allowance. The dude needs to get his ass back to the US, very soon. The members of the House and Congress should also follow suit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On my way to work this morning I heard a news report about the "fiscal cliff" crap...I mean news..... They were saying it wasn't clear how the bill was going to be signed because of obama being away from DC....the "Brainiacs" left in DC said we were not to worry there were several "ways" to get the presidents signature- even being away from his office. First was the "electronic signature".. something about two different ways that could be achieved...whatever.....OR......the "document" could be flown to Hawaii for his "actual" signature.......gee add another 3M for that trip....do the math.........

ass-kicking.gif

I'm gonna puke now!!!! angry.gif

Man it just flames my ass when I see this kind of stuff! What the crap has happened to my country. Last minute decision to fix the "Cliff", still not fixed. Worst is yet to come. First Lady and kids partying like rock-stars in Hawaii and the Supreme Commander in charge jumps a jet in time for happy hour. WHATS IN YOUR WALLET!!!!

Obamas hand!

• Upvote 2

The dude needs to get his ass back to the US, very soon.

I share your frustration, but my atlas shows Hawaii as part of the US.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by flatdawg

How does it cost 1.8 mil to fly to Hawaii? I can't seem to find the information. If included in that price, is the payroll for all those involved, they are getting paid anyways. I doubt, even though I don't have a link, that any of the personnel involved with the trip, are on an hourly wage.......It's Air Force 1, not McDonalds. If the fuel cost 1.8 mil, it's time for a new plane. Neg if you must, but I would really like to see the financial break down for this trip. I suppose lodging for all those involved is expensive.....but in the thousands of dollars, not hundreds of thousands. If anyone could provide the info without the mean rhetoric, I would certainly appreciate it. smile.gif

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2

How does it cost 1.8 mil to fly to Hawaii? I can't seem to find the information. If included in that price, is the payroll for all those involved, they are getting paid anyways. I doubt, even though I don't have a link, that any of the personnel involved with the trip, are on an hourly wage.......It's Air Force 1, not McDonalds. If the fuel cost 1.8 mil, it's time for a new plane. Neg if you must, but I would really like to see the financial break down for this trip. I suppose lodging for all those involved is expensive.....but in the thousands of dollars, not hundreds of thousands. If anyone could provide the info without the mean rhetoric, I would certainly appreciate it. smile.gif

GO RV, then BV

Shab... I watched a show last year about Air Force One, and the amount of logistics, support, tech, staff, individual flight planning (especially last minute/spontaneous) is staggering. It involves so much protocol and coordination for just one trip, that it boggles the mind... and is actually a marvel of strategy. Keep in mind military support we don't see... stand-by F-16s, etc... plus, I believe there is always a decoy Air Force One involved... it goes on and on. Now with all of that... it infuriates me further knowing it!!! :angry: So, even a simple joy ride (vacation ride) is extremely costly! If anyone can find that show, it's worth watching.

Shab... I watched a show last year about Air Force One, and the amount of logistics, support, tech, staff, individual flight planning (especially last minute/spontaneous) is staggering. It involves so much protocol and coordination for just one trip, that it boggles the mind... and is actually a marvel of strategy. Keep in mind military support we don't see... stand-by F-16s, etc... plus, I believe there is always a decoy Air Force One involved... it goes on and on. Now with all of that... it infuriates me further knowing it!!! angry.gif So, even a simple joy ride (vacation ride) is extremely costly! If anyone can find that show, it's worth watching.

That all makes sense Jax. But think about this, all the military personnel involved in the POTUS movements are trained for just that. Should they sit idly by collecting a paycheck, without ever putting their training to use? I don't know the answer, but I do know all presidents do it......some more than others. Where do we draw the line? How much is too much? The price of goods goes up everyday, so it would make sense that the price for O's trips will the trump the price of W's trips and so on and so on.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

That all makes sense Jax. But think about this, all the military personnel involved in the POTUS movements are trained for just that. Should they sit idly by collecting a paycheck, without ever putting their training to use? I don't know the answer, but I do know all presidents do it......some more than others. Where do we draw the line? How much is too much? The price of goods goes up everyday, so it would make sense that the price for O's trips will the trump the price of W's trips and so on and so on.

GO RV, then BV

With that train of thought,

the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

didn't cost the tax payers at all then, huh?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GO RV, then BV

Correct! But, I believe it would just be a nice gesture of good faith to the American public, to NOT go on a trip or two... especially in this economy. Such gestures show, as Bill Clinton said, "I feel your pain"... otherwise it just promotes further resentment.

GO RV, then BV

Disclaimer: From 1980 - 1993 I was employed and worked on the contract for AirForce One (SAM Fleet) maintenance. Had constant contact with Air Force staff at Andrews AFB.

This link backs up the cost for AF1 to be airborne. Weekly Standard

If you don't believe this conservative publication, you can google and find multiple sources that document the cost of $180,000 per hour - the trip to Hawaii takes 10 hours.

Here is another article from a paper in Hawaii Hawaii Reporter

:rocking-chair:

• Upvote 2

Disclaimer: From 1980 - 1993 I was employed and worked on the contract for AirForce One (SAM Fleet) maintenance. Had constant contact with Air Force staff at Andrews AFB.

This link backs up the cost for AF1 to be airborne. Weekly Standard

If you don't believe this conservative publication, you can google and find multiple sources that document the cost of $180,000 per hour - the trip to Hawaii takes 10 hours.

Here is another article from a paper in Hawaii Hawaii Reporter

scute_100-115.gif

Thanks TG. I was stationed in N. Virginia/D.C. for 5 years. My wife and I used to love watching three Marine 1 helicopters (2 decoys) leave the White House lawn whenever Ronald Reagan left the grounds. We also liked to drive out to Andrews and get a glimpse of all the Air Force 1 look-a-likes. It is all quite a site and has to be unbelievably expensive, that I have no doubt. smile.gif

GO RV, then BV

Please take the following comments with a grain of salt as I am not from your shores and these are just observations and an attempt to make light of the situation....

Well it appears to me that POTUS was put into office again whether by true election result or fraudulent vote counting....whatever! So he has a right to do as he pleases as I hear time and time again he is the most powerful man in the world.....so who are we to question the all powerful one's motives?

It seems to me he should be called POTHEM...the PRESIDENT OF THEM not US!! :unsure: (as many on here seem to not think he is their President?!). Well with all due respect it seems you are stuck with him and all his political posturing.....until something catastrophic wakes up America and the people unite and make their voice heard.

Of course he could also be called the PO-TeNT :o (President of The existing Non Taxpayer) by some...this as you see is a potentially explosive situation...TNT has many dire consequences if not handled right.

Take care over there

• Upvote 2