Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I Made It A Year !!!!!!

bodeen

You deserve to feel proud of yourself.

You can taste things better than before.

You smell better too- just ask a non smoking friend. If they're honest they'll tell you that you used to smell like spit in an ashtray. You probably even notice that about your still smoking friends.

So congratulations, to your health!

• Upvote 3

Thanks Littlefeet and Osmosis for your post... I just hope it helps someone.....

Magawatt,,,

I can walk by a person today and say SMOKER !!!! And my sweet potato pie is now the best on the planet... :lol:

Thanks DV

Good job buddy!! I am very proud of you!! Keep it up!

Thanks Bump... You're a great friend....

God Bless

Jeff

• Upvote 1

That's great CONGRATULATIONS! Did you know.......

Smoking cessation timeline – the health benefits over time

In 20 minutes, your blood pressure and pulse rate decrease, and the body temperature of your hands and feet increase.

Carbon monoxide in cigarette smoke reduces the blood’s ability to carry oxygen. At 8 hours, the carbon monoxide level in your blood decreases to normal. With the decrease in carbon monoxide, your blood oxygen level increases to normal.

At 24 hours, your risk of having a heart attack decreases.

At 48 hours, nerve endings start to regrow and the ability to smell and taste is enhanced.

Between 2 weeks and 3 months, your circulation improves, walking becomes easier and you don’t cough or wheeze as often. Phlegm production decreases. Within several months, you have significant improvement in lung function.

In 1 to 9 months, coughs, sinus congestion, fatigue and shortness of breath decrease as you continue to see significant improvement in lung function. Cilia, tiny hair-like structures that move mucus out of the lungs, regain normal function.

In 1 year, risk of coronary heart disease and heart attack is reduced to half that of a smoker.

Between 5 and 15 years after quitting, your risk of having a stroke returns to that of a non-smoker.

In 10 years, your risk of lung cancer drops. Additionally, your risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney and pancreas decrease. Even after a decade of not smoking however, your risk of lung cancer remains higher than in people who have never smoked. Your risk of ulcer also decreases.

In 15 years, your risk of coronary heart disease and heart attack in similar to that of people who have never smoked. The risk of death returns to nearly the level of a non-smoker.

Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 5

WOW !!!!!

Thanks DV!!!!!! What an awesome group we have here. Thanks for the support you guys are great.. :twothumbs:

@ Moose - I saved this thread in my favorites and will be checking on you in May my friend..... So Happy for you...

@Thug - :lmao::lmao::lmao: @ umb - You know that was funny !!! Thanks for your post friend...

@ Saint and @ Nadita - Thanks for making the point about keeping your promise to a child.... :tiphat:

@ Trip - Thanks for the timeline !!! Makes me feel even better.....

@ Adam - I'm so impressed with how you have managed this site... The respect you have earned is without question !!!!

If nothing ever happens with the dinar I hope the site will remain online.. I've been VIP on several occasions and after the holidays I will renew again so I can continue to see my friends here.... Thank you and Happy Holidays

@ Bama - You're the best... Period

God Bless and Thanks again all

Jeff

• Upvote 3

Congrats to you! You should be so very proud of yourself, love!

I knew the only way I would quit is if I promised my daughter. She lost her daddy a year ago on December 19th. She was only 5. I couldn't bear the thought of her losing me to something I had done to myself, maybe 20-30 years from now. Totally not fair to her. Or my husband....I held his mothers hand as she died from Lung Cancer. We found out in July and she passed on in September. It was quick and devastating. :( Plus the 3rd hand smoke my family was getting off my clothes...yes, there is 3rd hand smoke. :blink: No sheit. So I pinky swore her that mommy would quit before I was 29 and a half. 9 weeks later and still smoke free. I have an open pack of cigarettes in my console I can look at and say, "I beat you!" :D

Anyway, sorry to turn that about me. I just wanted others to know it is so possible! And how proud I am of YOU! Great job! B)

• Upvote 3

Congrats to you! You should be so very proud of yourself, love!

I knew the only way I would quit is if I promised my daughter. She lost her daddy a year ago on December 19th. She was only 5. I couldn't bear the thought of her losing me to something I had done to myself, maybe 20-30 years from now. Totally not fair to her. Or my husband....I held his mothers hand as she died from Lung Cancer. We found out in July and she passed on in September. It was quick and devastating. :(/> Plus the 3rd hand smoke my family was getting off my clothes...yes, there is 3rd hand smoke. :blink:/> No sheit. So I pinky swore her that mommy would quit before I was 29 and a half. 9 weeks later and still smoke free. I have an open pack of cigarettes in my console I can look at and say, "I beat you!" :D/>

Anyway, sorry to turn that about me. I just wanted others to know it is so possible! And how proud I am of YOU! Great job! B)/>

This post made me cry!!!!!!!! From start to finish.....

I'm so proud of you tooooooooo... Thanks for posting your story in this thread...

Its Awesoome...

God Bless

Jeff

@ genx........

THANK YOU MY FRIEND....... :D

Hope you have a wonderful Holiday season....

God Bless

Jeff

• Upvote 1