Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

iraqi cabinet names interim central bank governor and spokesperson

sandstorm

I am just throwing this out there again,,,,

It is to my understanding when Kwait did what ever it was to their currency an article was out that the King of Kwait had died. 24 hours later people were rich and the King was alive and well..

Is this the same trick being played??? Has this been a well planned and played out event? Is I believe it was med who claimed Wednesday is RV day. SO Are we going to RV tommorrow and see all the Iraqi leaders in a group hug with Shabs? IS this the "Event" "Smoke" "Keeping speculators out" or what ever you call it we have been looking and waiting for?

ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!!!

I like the way you think. Today I heard about the first lady saying we're in the midst of a huge recovery....Is that a hint to the RV! Could this play into the "October surprise"?

I like the way you think. Today I heard about the first lady saying we're in the midst of a huge recovery....Is that a hint to the RV! Could this play into the "October surprise"?

Yes!!!! you got it. check this out i dont want you all to forget about it biggrin.gif

Finally, Ms. Lagarde said that the IMF is striving to be even more effective by improving its economic analysis and strengthening the global financial safety. The Fund is also making good progress in reaching final agreement on “the most significant governance changes in IMF history.” She said that the IMF was pushing to pass these reforms, aimed at giving greater representation to emerging market and developing economies (Iraq?) “if not by October, then as soon as possible thereafter."Now that statement could mean this month, We wait and see

Coincidence? I think NOT something is about to go down

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 4

All maliki needs is one of his crooked judges to allow maliki's boys in the cbi long enough to funnel money to iran and syria and shabibi will kick his butt through the judicial. but maliki is doing what he is best at, stalling, making trouble, forcing folks to defend themselves while he does his evil deeds. the man is pure evil.

the news is mad, can't read one crazy article and another is out. guru's all wanting to do calls tonight. what a day in news. weeeeeoooo, as it turns.

Edited by uncirculd
  • Upvote 2

I am just throwing this out there again,,,,

It is to my understanding when Kwait did what ever it was to their currency an article was out that the King of Kwait had died. 24 hours later people were rich and the King was alive and well..

Is this the same trick being played??? Has this been a well planned and played out event? Is I believe it was med who claimed Wednesday is RV day. SO Are we going to RV tommorrow and see all the Iraqi leaders in a group hug with Shabs? IS this the "Event" "Smoke" "Keeping speculators out" or what ever you call it we have been looking and waiting for?

ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!!!

Hey there Steve great to see you. I love your positive attitude and sure would love for that to be the case. My response is in regard to Med's rumor that you were just repeating about Wednesday being a more opportune time for a RV. In my opinion there is no basis for that rumor and my research shows it to be inaccurate. The same "RV day" claim has been also been said about Fridays many times. A large currency appreciation event is when the nominal effective exchange rate is revalued by at least 10% or more relative to the previous average level and not only includes the one-time step revaluation, but also a number of smaller appreciation steps that happen within a short time window. Whether a country revalues on a trade-weighted basis as a consequence of the appreciation of the anchor currency, the demise of an old system (bretton woods), the exchange rate regime being changed towards a more market determined rate or if the central bank revalues the central parity of the currency, the one thing they all have in common is that they happened over a period of time which was determined by the details of the specific project and there is no predictable pattern.

For example: Algeria (1980-1982): The exchange rate of the Algerian dinar was pegged to a basket of currencies with a large USD weight. Dollar strength during the early 1980s led to a strong 17.2% appreciation of the dinar on a trade-weighted basis. Australia (1971-1973): The depreciation of the USD led to a 10.2% appreciation of the Australian dollar which was pegged to the British pound. Ireland (1979-1980): After joining the ERM in 1979 triggered a 12.9% trade weighted appreciation. Switzerland (1974-1976): The Swiss National Bank managed a 22.4% sustained exchange rate appreciation against dollar and DM. Colombia (1993-1995): The central bank revalued the central parity of the currency 11.2%. Czech Republic (2001-2003): An 11.2% appreciation was linked to the introduction of a new exchange rate regime framework (with a crawling band and Central Bank interventions).

I could provide additional paradigms but as you can see, large currency appreciation shocks have many different determining outside factors none of which distinguishes a particular day of the week. Appreciation episodes vary in definition and can be a single event or a period of growth that lasts up to several years. Anyway, hope you and everyone else here at DV is having a wonderful day. The news sure has been interesting lately. I'm very curious to see how this Shabibi situation plays out.

Edited by SWFloridaGuy
  • Upvote 2

Hey there Steve great to see you. I love your positive attitude and sure would love for that to be the case. My response is in regard to Med's rumor that you were just repeating about Wednesday being a more opportune time for a RV. In my opinion there is no basis for that rumor and my research shows it to be inaccurate. The same "RV day" claim has been also been said about Fridays many times. A large currency appreciation event is when the nominal effective exchange rate is revalued by at least 10% or more relative to the previous average level and not only includes the one-time step revaluation, but also a number of smaller appreciation steps that happen within a short time window. Whether a country revalues on a trade-weighted basis as a consequence of the appreciation of the anchor currency, the demise of an old system (bretton woods), the exchange rate regime being changed towards a more market determined rate or if the central bank revalues the central parity of the currency, the one thing they all have in common is that they happened over a period of time which was determined by the details of the specific project and there is no predictable pattern.

For example: Algeria (1980-1982): The exchange rate of the Algerian dinar was pegged to a basket of currencies with a large USD weight. Dollar strength during the early 1980s led to a strong 17.2% appreciation of the dinar on a trade-weighted basis. Australia (1971-1973): The depreciation of the USD led to a 10.2% appreciation of the Australian dollar which was pegged to the British pound. Ireland (1979-1980): After joining the ERM in 1979 triggered a 12.9% trade weighted appreciation. Switzerland (1974-1976): The Swiss National Bank managed a 22.4% sustained exchange rate appreciation against dollar and DM. Colombia (1993-1995): The central bank revalued the central parity of the currency 11.2%. Czech Republic (2001-2003): An 11.2% appreciation was linked to the introduction of a new exchange rate regime framework (with a crawling band and Central Bank interventions).

I could provide additional paradigms but as you can see, large currency appreciation shocks have many different determining outside factors none of which distinguishes a particular day of the week. Appreciation episodes vary in definition and can be a single event or a period of growth that lasts up to several years. Anyway, hope you and everyone else here at DV is having a wonderful day. The news sure has been interesting lately. I'm very curious to see how this Shabibi situation plays out.

OK as far as what Med had said he said October 17th as the date not that it could not RV anytime on any day...

THe 17th just happens to fall on a Wednesday.. I know what an RV is and I also know it can happen at any given day. So really dont understand your need to lecture me on a post where I was just as the sayin goes "Just Sayin"

I know you contribute a lot but honestly skippy you need get a girlfriend...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2. The Governor, a Deputy Governor or any other member of the Board shall be removed

from office by the Appointing Authority only if the person:

a. has been convicted by a criminal court of an offense for which the person was or

could have been sentenced to imprisonment without the option of a fine unless, in the

judgment of the Appointing Authority, such sentence was motivated by his religious

or political views or activities;

b. has been declared bankrupt by a court of law;

c. has been found guilty by a court of law of conduct involving a lack of probity in

financial matters or other serious misconduct;

d. has been disqualified or suspended by a competent authority from practicing a

profession on grounds of personal misconduct unrelated to his religious or political

views or activities;

e. has been declared unfit to manage a company by a court of law or under an order

issued by a competent agency;

f. has taken up any office, position or employment in violation of paragraph (3) of

Article 12 or paragraph (3) of Article 21;

g. is suffering from such mental or physical infirmity which , in the opinion of the

Appointing Authority, renders him unfit to discharge his duties under this Law;

h. has been found by the Appointing Authority to have violated the provisions of

paragraphs (1) or (2) of Article 15; or

i. has been absent from meetings of the Board for a consecutive period or more than

three months without approval of the Board.

3. No member of the Board shall be removed from office on any ground specified in

paragraph (2) without first being given the opportunity of hearing before the Appointing

Authority.

4. Any decision on removal from office under paragraph (2):

a. shall be made public along with a statement of the reasons for removal, and any

written response received from the Board member concerned; and

b. may be appealed to the Court of Cassation within two months of service of the

decision.

5. Any member of the Board having been removed from office shall continue to receive

remuneration and other benefits applicable under the terms and conditions to a member of the

Board until such time that any hearing or appeal in the matter, whichever is later, has been

decided

Thanks for posting this, its very clear. But what I understand Shabs is not canned yet but temporarily removed as they move forward in the investigation.

Thanks for posting this, its very clear. But what I understand Shabs is not canned yet but temporarily removed as they move forward in the investigation.

Shabs isnt coming back. He will have is day in court....he will be cleared.....and permenantly replaced.

they didnt remove him.......because they wanted him to stay. they know he is not guilty.....but thats not the point. they had four candidates to replace him...before shabs could answer the accusations. Have you EVER seen iraq move like lightning?? Me either.

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 1

OK as far as what Med had said he said October 17th as the date not that it could not RV anytime on any day...

THe 17th just happens to fall on a Wednesday.. I know what an RV is and I also know it can happen at any given day. So really dont understand your need to lecture me on a post where I was just as the sayin goes "Just Sayin"

I know you contribute a lot but honestly skippy you need get a girlfriend...

I actually enjoy your posts in the forum. Sorry if you took that as lecturing. Wasn't even in response to you, which I tried to be clear about. It was in response to what Med and others have said many times about a RV on a certain day of the week. I'm sure if I would have refrained from giving specifics and just said that Wednesday is no more likely than the rest, I would have been criticized for that also. As far as the girlfriend. Man are you right about that. This stupid investment is killing my game, I need a life. Cheers brotha. :)

Out Of The Woods, we thought that was you.

Hey there you are. I was missing seeing you around the forum. Hope all is well.

• Upvote 5

Lebanon is the source. hmmmm...... Well I find it interesting, Talabani, Barzani and Sadr have not said a word about this as far as I can tell. Why? Maybe because it is bs. I have yet seen anything in our media that confirms the drama. When **** was hitting the fan with the other three last summer it certainly did show up here. Another thing Joel Wing has not written anything about this mess in his blog on Iraq. I would think this would indeed be something to note on his blog. He did however mention Maliki and Russia and the weapons bought from Czech Republic. Maybe this is bigger news than arresting and firing the CBI Gov. You would think someone notice in the media.....

No I think at this point, all of this is propaganda at its best. I'm not getting out the razor blades yet. ;)

And if you do, I will be right there to grab them!!! :angry:

• Upvote 1

Hi SWFG, I came over to catch what you, Zig, SoCal and a few others have to say about this mess. There is much to digest and many events to put together, but my initial reaction is that the 'powers that be' or the 'big hand in the sky' are never going to let a two-bit dictator wanna be get in the way of their plan. Maliki is headed for spanking of monumental proportion. IMHO.

Hope all is well is your world! ;)

• Upvote 1

Do you honestly think the U.S is gonna trust Maliki that is chummy with Iran and syria to run the CBI? Listen Shabbs has got the goods on Maliki if this indeed is the case Maliki knows shabbs is gonna release all the dirt on Maliki, shabbs needs to stay away and have protection because maliki might order a hit on him to cover it all up and he wil be arrested and GONE!!! Maliki is playing with some major fire and about to get burned!!! The U.S and the U.N is NOT gonna stand by and watch this go down like this no way no how i truly believe this. This will put the Kurds in danger also and Talabani, Allawi know this for certain why hasnt Talabani commented on this? something stinks

Edited by easyrider

Hands, see above and don't worry yet. This is not a done deal. Don't let the fear mongers and know-nothings scare you. Stay level. Let's see what shakes out in the next few days. Don't forget that big money always wins and Maliki is a pauper and a small thinker in that arena. He is nothing more than a thug.

Do you honestly think the U.S is gonna trust Maliki that is chummy with Iran and syria to run the CBI? Listen Shabbs has got the goods on Maliki if this indeed is the case Maliki knows shabbs is gonna release all the dirt on Maliki, shabbs needs to stay away and have protection because maliki might order a hit on him to cover it all up and he wil be arrested and GONE!!! Maliki is playing with some major fire and about to get burned!!! The U.S and the U.N is NOT gonna stand by and watch this go down like this no way now how i truly believe this. This will put the Kurds in danger also and Talabani, Allawi know this for certain why hasnt Talabani commented on this? something stinks

Easy, do you remember about a year ago when Shabibi was going off to Switzerland and he was carrying a file with him which the press questioned him about with no reply?. I went a little bonkers over the file thinking it was evidence and he was moving the evidence to a safe place. Do you remember that?

• Upvote 2

Hands, see above and don't worry yet. This is not a done deal. Don't let the fear mongers and know-nothings scare you. Stay level. Let's see what shakes out in the next few days. Don't forget that big money always wins and Maliki is a pauper and a small thinker in that arena. He is nothing more than a thug.

Easy, do you remember about a year ago when Shabibi was going off to Switzerland and he was carrying a file with him which the press questioned him about with no reply?. I went a little bonkers over the file thinking it was evidence and he was moving the evidence to a safe place. Do you remember that?

Yes i most certainly do. Maliki shouldnt underestimate shabbs he is a powerful rich man that has friends in powerful places he is a governor of a central bank for god sakes Central banks run this world!! This might be showing Maliki's arrogance and ego and it will be his demise like i said hes playing with fire and gonna get burned. Shabbs has got the goods to end Malikis career and potentially life.

Edited by easyrider

I think it was sometime in the 50's that they stopped wearing white and black hats so we could all tell who were the good and bad guys. Of course with regard to the dinar, its even more complicated, as what is good for one, may not be so good for another. We here in the US would love to have an RV tonight. Many have theories as to whether or not that woudl be a good thing for the country itself. Being governor of a central bank may or may not mean you are a good guy in terms of an RV. Being a "dictator" may or may not be a good thing relative to an RV (though I think he is on a short leash... but more about that later).

I'm sure there isnt a one of us here that wouldnt want an RV which in turn is great for the country. I'm not so sure I want to ask anyone, if I had to pick one over the other, what would I choose. And in any case, I really don't think many of us have a clear enough understanding of the cultural context, historical practice, and current power plays, to know who the hell to vote for in "winning" this thing. Intuitively, as I have said several times in the past, in terms of profit, I would probably go with the con, or the dictator over the economist in terms of selfish profit for my own RV interests. History seems to bear that out. Though who really knows in this case. It seems I would more likely be the collateral beneficary of an RV by way of a dictator, than a purposeful beneficiary by way ofg an economist. The latter has to drag the entire country into position in order to do this, the former...... well he has to do dictator things I guess....

As far as the current situation, I can't exactly remember the names, but Maliki has 3 or 4 guys who are on his team, one of whom he really wanted to get in position as the Governor of the CBI. It looks like he has orchastrated the beginnings of that. And in an RV for me secnario, he then pushes the button, RVs at face value, drains the reserves, we exchange dinar, the country takes a dump and all the bad guys go into hiding while some other country comes in and restores order (c.f., Egypt)... Okay that was not meant to be a logistical exact plan.... but you get the drift.

And if I were Shabibi, I would jump on a bicycle and take the long way back to Iraq, and watch closely how things unfold for a few days. He is not in a great position to win this one. Look at the Iraqi history thus far,.... who no matter how well supported, has managed to prevail against an arrest .... uhmmm that would no one... (if this case is factual in its report) or has even come back to Iraq (except maybe that Mulah guy who did kissey kissey apology). In the ME, men of far greater position than the Governor of the Central Bank have been takine down. Maliki took a run at this power with the Courts in January... and had to figure out a different way to go about the same result. Is that bad (in terms of RV)? Don't know that it is.... or isn't. I think dictators have a shorter attention span and patience than do economists... Maybe we RV tomorrow.... What will serve the dictator? Don't know... but somehow I dont see social programs on the top of that agenda.

And no matter what happens, to be clear, the US will not let it get so far out of hand, they our corporate interests are put at economic risk. It won't happen. The US will not stand by idle if there is real risk to our financial interests. There has been too much for too long, to let that happen at this point. Either way, I can't see that the dinar increase in value is at real risk.... and if anything it seems to be more of a question as to how long it will take relative to who has the power to engage the mechanisms of this change.

I say we make a law re-instating the whole white and black hat thing as mandatory for the rest of this ride. :D

• Upvote 2

Yes i most certainly do. Maliki shouldnt underestimate shabbs he is a powerful rich man that has friends in powerful places he is a governor of a central bank for god sakes Central banks run this world!! This might be showing Maliki's arrogance and ego and it will be his demise like i said hes playing with fire and gonna get burned. Shabbs has got the goods to end Malikis career and potentially life.

Well where is all the people saving shabbibi? You would think the rothchilds wouldnt let this ever happen. yet it does....its iraq....i think shabibi values his life too much to squeal. i am hoping hes cleared and freed. safety...may be a issue for someone wiith dirt

Edited by sandstorm

Certainly smacks at a political move to consolidate the means of control: GOI and money flow CBI. Control is the name of the game in Iraq.

Then again, this entire move could be bait for the fish (us) and we are falling for it hook-line-and sinker.

I would be thrilled if it RVed tomorrow, but that is not likely. Right now things are not going to change that much. Thing will just change hands and things will continue: delays, corruption, ineptitude, and egotistical leaders. The humble get shafted and the power mongers grab control.