Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

iraqi cabinet names interim central bank governor and spokesperson

sandstorm

Shabibi has been suspended and has a tdravel ban on him. There is a slight chance he comes back......but hes appointed.....not elected. Do you think shabibi would want to come back. he would live his life in fear....theyll take him out one way or the other.....in fact they just did. imo......he will be cleared of charges ....but relieved from his post.....then shabs will pack up for switzerland.

this isnt propaganda.....it just happened....shabs is suspended.

Talk all u want till your blue it BS!!

Talk all u want till your blue it BS!!

Im talking about what the articles have said. Maybe it is bs.....but we would have to ignore everything to believe that. Some were saying shabibi wont be removed.....and bang it happened.....now you say its b.s. thats your beef....not mine. im just going off the news. after the shell....shock settles down...come join us

Edited by sandstorm

Lebanon is the source. hmmmm...... Well I find it interesting, Talabani, Barzani and Sadr have not said a word about this as far as I can tell. Why? Maybe because it is bs. I have yet seen anything in our media that confirms the drama. When **** was hitting the fan with the other three last summer it certainly did show up here. Another thing Joel Wing has not written anything about this mess in his blog on Iraq. I would think this would indeed be something to note on his blog. He did however mention Maliki and Russia and the weapons bought from Czech Republic. Maybe this is bigger news than arresting and firing the CBI Gov. You would think someone notice in the media.....

No I think at this point, all of this is propaganda at its best. I'm not getting out the razor blades yet. ;)

I am just throwing this out there again,,,,

It is to my understanding when Kwait did what ever it was to their currency an article was out that the King of Kwait had died. 24 hours later people were rich and the King was alive and well..

Is this the same trick being played??? Has this been a well planned and played out event? Is I believe it was med who claimed Wednesday is RV day. SO Are we going to RV tommorrow and see all the Iraqi leaders in a group hug with Shabs? IS this the "Event" "Smoke" "Keeping speculators out" or what ever you call it we have been looking and waiting for?

ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!!!

• Upvote 6

It is to my understanding when Kwait did what ever it was to their currency an article was out that the King of Kwait had died. 24 hours later people were rich and the King was alive and well..

Is this the same trick being played??? Has this been a well planned and played out event? Is I believe it was med who claimed Wednesday is RV day. SO Are we going to RV tommorrow and see all the Iraqi leaders in a group hug with Shabs? IS this the "Event" "Smoke" "Keeping speculators out" or what ever you call it we have been looking and waiting for?

MED did predict the 17 of Oct!!! :D

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 1

There is simply no way to spin this as being good. The future dictator just took control of the purse strings.

Iraq needed stability for its currency to increase in value. This is not the way stability looks. Saddam Hussein "RV'ed the Dinar," too. All that did was bankrupt Iraq.

Edited by RVPleaseToday
  • Upvote 2

This article refers -Reuters but when I went to the Reuters website I found no such article???

Iraq replaces central bank chief after corruption probe

Tue, 16 Oct 2012 15:11 GMT

Source: reuters // Reuters

A customer counts Iraqi dinars at a money changer in Baghdad, Iraq, October 1, 2012. REUTERS/Saad Shalash

(Adds quotes, details)

BAGHDAD, Oct 16 (Reuters) - Iraq replaced its central bank chief, Sinan al-Shibibi, on Tuesday after a corruption investigation into the bank by a parliamentary committee, Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's spokesman said.

The decision was seen by some critics as the latest move by the government to gain more control over the central bank and other financial institutions.

Maliki won a court ruling in January 2011 that put the central bank and other independent entities under cabinet supervision, raising concerns over attempts to consolidate power by the Shi'ite prime minister.

The cabinet appointed Abdul-Basit Turki, the head of the government spending watchdog, Iraq's Board of Supreme Audit, to run the bank "until further notice", Maliki's media advisor Ali al-Moussawi said.

A report was sent to Iraq's Integrity Commission, the highest investigation body, following corruption accusations by some lawmakers against the bank. (Reporting by Aseel Kami; Editing by Janet Lawrence)

http://www.trust.org/trustlaw/news/detail.dot?id=8fb08f25-f801-49fe-afb8-c46bdb2dd175

Quad B)

Hmmm... perhaps greed is good (for us). I remember many, including Adam, saying Maliki was good for the country... good for the RV. Perhaps Shabs wants the technical side of the monetary policies to fall within the norm... and Maliki simply wants to push the button through immediacy/greed. As corrupt as things are over there, perhaps Maliki and friends have a serious amount to gain through this. We shall see! :mellow:

• Upvote 2

Hmmm... perhaps greed is good (for us). I remember many, including Adam, saying Maliki was good for the country... good for the RV. Perhaps Shabs wants the technical side of the monetary policies to fall within the norm... and Maliki simply wants to push the button through immediacy/greed. As corrupt as things are over there, perhaps Maliki and friends have a serious amount to gain through this. We shall see! mellow.gif

There are many that believe what you say to be true-Peace

People, the Central Bank is run by a board of Governors with Shabibi being the Head of the Board. if Shabibi is being removed then the WHOLE Board should also be removed, because every decision the CBI makes is through this Board by vote. Again, read the Bank Law!

-

• Upvote 2

People, the Central Bank is run by a board of Governors with Shabibi being the Head of the Board. if Shabibi is being removed then the WHOLE Board should also be removed, because every decision the CBI makes is through this Board by vote. Again, read the Bank Law!

-

I am not saying you are wrong... Just keep in mind this is Iraq laws only apply to the people not the politicians they do as they dam well please....

2. The Governor, a Deputy Governor or any other member of the Board shall be removed

from office by the Appointing Authority only if the person:

a. has been convicted by a criminal court of an offense for which the person was or

could have been sentenced to imprisonment without the option of a fine unless, in the

judgment of the Appointing Authority, such sentence was motivated by his religious

or political views or activities;

b. has been declared bankrupt by a court of law;

c. has been found guilty by a court of law of conduct involving a lack of probity in

financial matters or other serious misconduct;

d. has been disqualified or suspended by a competent authority from practicing a

profession on grounds of personal misconduct unrelated to his religious or political

views or activities;

e. has been declared unfit to manage a company by a court of law or under an order

issued by a competent agency;

f. has taken up any office, position or employment in violation of paragraph (3) of

Article 12 or paragraph (3) of Article 21;

g. is suffering from such mental or physical infirmity which , in the opinion of the

Appointing Authority, renders him unfit to discharge his duties under this Law;

h. has been found by the Appointing Authority to have violated the provisions of

paragraphs (1) or (2) of Article 15; or

i. has been absent from meetings of the Board for a consecutive period or more than

three months without approval of the Board.

3. No member of the Board shall be removed from office on any ground specified in

paragraph (2) without first being given the opportunity of hearing before the Appointing

Authority.

4. Any decision on removal from office under paragraph (2):

a. shall be made public along with a statement of the reasons for removal, and any

written response received from the Board member concerned; and

b. may be appealed to the Court of Cassation within two months of service of the

decision.

5. Any member of the Board having been removed from office shall continue to receive

remuneration and other benefits applicable under the terms and conditions to a member of the

Board until such time that any hearing or appeal in the matter, whichever is later, has been

decided

• Upvote 3

MED did predict the 17 of Oct!!! :D

LONG LIVE THE KING !!! :woot:

250yu273swsw.gif

:D :D :D

• Upvote 3