Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Support Chick-fil-A Today Aug.1st

pattyangel

I do not agree with the homosexual lifestyle, I am neither afraid of them nor do I desire to do them harm. And I can most highly guarantee that I am NOT amongst the 'holier than thou'. Why is it that if a Christian business person is quoted in a Christian publication he or she is a right wing radical holier than thou person but when a left wing is quoted in a liberal publication they are seen as being progressive and forward thinking???

• Upvote 8

I do not agree with the homosexual lifestyle, I am neither afraid of them nor do I desire to do them harm. And I can most highly guarantee that I am NOT amongst the 'holier than thou'. Why is it that if a Christian business person is quoted in a Christian publication he or she is a right wing radical holier than thou person but when a left wing is quoted in a liberal publication they are seen as being progressive and forward thinking???

AMEN!!!!

• Upvote 3

I just got home and had to share...the Chic-Fil-A I went to had police directing traffic, a line of people around the building and 2 lines of cars around the block waiting to order drive thru! It was like a party atmosphere - everyone was so nice and patient. Some young men in military uniforms came in and we all insisted they go to the front of the line which caused the entire restaurant to erupt in cheers. After waiting 45 minutes just to place my order, the kid behind the counter asked for my name so they could call me when it was ready. I said "Free Speech" and my friend gave them "Traditional Marriage" as hers! It took another 45 minutes to get our orders but when they called out our names, everyone laughed and clapped! That was so much fun I may have to go back for supper! ;)

• Upvote 14

I just got home and had to share...the Chic-Fil-A I went to had police directing traffic, a line of people around the building and 2 lines of cars around the block waiting to order drive thru! It was like a party atmosphere - everyone was so nice and patient. Some young men in military uniforms came in and we all insisted they go to the front of the line which caused the entire restaurant to erupt in cheers. After waiting 45 minutes just to place my order, the kid behind the counter asked for my name so they could call me when it was ready. I said "Free Speech" and my friend gave them "Traditional Marriage" as hers! It took another 45 minutes to get our orders but when they called out our names, everyone laughed and clapped! That was so much fun I may have to go back for supper! ;)

Excellent. I'll have to come up with a clever name for when my wife and I go back tonight. Lunch took about 90 minutes (most of which was spent standing in one line or another) - but it was well worth it. It really renewed my confidence and faith in this Country, and gave me hope for November.

Edited by dhr05b
  • Upvote 4

Well, being from the Atlanta area (which is the home of the Company), I was determined to eat there today. I stood in line starting at 11:00 at the Chick-Fil-A in Stone Mountain and finally ordered at noon, it was 92 degrees, but I was undeterred. I was going to get my meal no matter what the temperature was. B)

• Upvote 4

my friends and I tryed going there today for lunch for the first time to support them and lines out the door around the back and the drive up was was too long. Was on a lunch break so will have to go back some other time. I dont hold anything against gays, but do care about someone or some party trying to put them out of business.

• Upvote 4

Very interesting thread. sounds to me that you are supporting hate and intolerance. and I bet you call yourselves Christians!!!

This whole Chick-fil-A thing is about freedom of speech and protecting it, not ‘hate’ or ‘tolerance’. Freedom of speech was established to protect ‘unpopular’ or ‘incorrect’ speech, popular speech doesn’t need protecting.

Oh and just to throw this out there - Jesus was never tolerant, not ever. He loved everyone, but it's his way or no way. End story.

• Upvote 8

Very interesting thread. sounds to me that you are supporting hate and intolerance. and I bet you call yourselves Christians!!!

You are sooooooo right JDFINV! I fully support hating what is being done to this once great country by Barry and his boys. Oh, and no, I'm not going to tolerate it any longer. Political correctness, no profiling, let's take references to GOD out of all literature, schools, courthouses, and soon homes. Barry is liable to sign an Executive Order banning GOD and confiscating all Bibles.

Breakfast was no more crowded than usual at my regular CFA. Lunch took an hour and a half just to get served. Headed there for dinner, passed 2 other locations on the way home from work, and since they were filled beyond capacity, overflowing the doors, and the parking lots were slammed full and overflowing into the streets, I decided to eat in.

Nice move, Rahm, your asinine "hate and intolerance" for this country and all it stands for has backfired. I am quite sure that the Cathy family owes you a huge "thank you" for causing the biggest $ grossing day (by a huge margin) in Chick-Fil-A's long history. If it weren't a privately held company I

would buy some stock.

Congratulations, Mr. Emanuel, you have awakened a sleeping monster! Perhaps the momentum from this episode will carry thru to November and Barry can be sent packing back to Kenya. Do you actually think that Barry blessed *** union because that's what he believes?

NAHHHHHHH, he did it to appease a group that would be easy to "buy" votes from. That too shall backfire Mr. Soetoro.

• Upvote 10

Couldn't get there today but do support his right to say what he feels, will support them in the future!!! And gave +'s to all you guys who nailed mr.hate and intolerence !!! Guess he's never heard " it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and prove it" LMAO

• Upvote 5

Wow, wow, everywhere I drove today was just an awesome sight to witness. I've passed four Chick-fil-A and the traffic was outrageous, meaning outrageous in a good way. Normally a drive to my parents would take me 20 minutes, it took me 2 hours to get to them.

It was worth the trip because I stopped and grabbed them some lunch too and they were real excited to support Chick-fil-A. :D

Now my daughter heading out for dinner. She grabbing me something... like a some ice-cream. ;)

Its a stance that will affect our future and be recorded in eternity. I think God is smiling at us.

• Upvote 5

If we only had a Chik Fil A in our area I would had been there for 3 meals today ...and taken all my grandchildren...as many have already said in this thread this is NOT about hatred or fear...it IS about principles...

it was wisely said that "...America is great because America is good and if she ceases to be good she will cease to be great..."....

we are IMHO hurtling headlong in that direction because "political correctness" has been used to try to silence truth,,,,surely the freedom of speech is the right off a Christian as much as anyone else....

as Peter and John said when men attempted to silence them....

Act 4:19b Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

Act 4:20 For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.

:eagle::twocents:

• Upvote 7

If we only had a Chik Fil A in our area I would had been there for 3 meals today ...and taken all my grandchildren...as many have already said in this thread this is NOT about hatred or fear...it IS about principles...

it was wisely said that "...America is great because America is good and if she ceases to be good she will cease to be great..."....

we are IMHO hurtling headlong in that direction because "political correctness" has been used to try to silence truth,,,,surely the freedom of speech is the right of a Christian as much as anyone else....

as Peter and John said when men attempted to silence them....

Act 4:19b Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

Act 4:20 For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.

:eagle::twocents:

:twothumbs: :twothumbs:

Great post EE!

Exactly what many of us are thinking! Thanks for the post!

UR

Chick Fil A made a terrible corporate decision to alienate some their customers. Perhaps they should hire a PR firm to help.

I do not think their statement is anything they are willing to retract or apologize for.... go CFA and God Bless!

• Upvote 7

The said company made a terrible corporate error. Let's equate the chicken joint to Walmart or McDonalds. I doubt that Walmart or McDoanlds discriminates based on sexuality. They want customers.

I know that many disagree with me regarding the the topic. I think in terms of making money.

The chicken joint has a stigma that is not positive in my area.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Chick Fil A made a terrible corporate decision to alienate some their customers. Perhaps they should hire a PR firm to help.

it looks like the decision to hire that pr firm ,made then laughall the way to the bank...or banks :lol::lol: ,great day for chick fil-a