Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Official Statement from PM Maliki Regarding The Current State of Affairs

Rayzur

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20/5/2012 3:20 PM

In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

There is no doubt that our people are watching with great concern the political movements happening in Iraq which involve a great deal of documents and meetings, and each of us has his own assessment of the issues and the controversies in the Iraqi political arena, and despite the fact that many of these differences are normal in any democratic system that is built on the ruins of an era of dictatorship and a new experience that attempts to establish new traditions and customs that might be unfamiliar to many of us. But perhaps, the political differences have gone over the normal extent within the framework of the democratic system, especially in a situation when our people are expecting us to offer them more public services and build the institutions that can help to compensate the people for many years of deprivation, injustice and destruction.

So I call on all parties and political powers to stimulate national dialogue and adopt constitutional and democratic mechanisms in solving all problems facing us, and focus all our attention on building our state and its institutions and on developing the services and improving the citizens' living standards, the Iraqis have voted for the Constitution and we have agreed to have the Constitution as a reference that we turn to whenever we have a disagreement.

I reiterate my call to all of you to convene under the umbrella of our beloved capital, Baghdad the capital of all Iraqis, without preconditions and terms from any party, so as to discuss and solve our problems on the grounds of law and Constitution without abandoning the agreements reached during this period as long as it is constitutional. I am so confident that the solutions resulting from national will are at hand and are easier than some would expect, if there are good intentions and seriousness.

Nouri Kamal al-Maliki

Prime Minister of the Republic of Iraq

May 20, 2012

www.pmo.iq

• Upvote 4

Maliki Suave .....

129010805428022337.jpg

OCCUPY MALIKI !

:D :D :D

Thx For The Post Rayzur ! B)

Thuggie... lol lol.... you have me falling off the chair laughing with this one... I'm voting for this cat to solve the Erbil situation.....Any cat looking this sauve will most certainly do what's necessary to protect his sandbox :D

• Upvote 2

Glad I'm not the only one who sees this as an attempt to 'reset' things. Maliki, you have alientated everyone in Iraq, even some of your own party, with your actions. I mean don't stop know, complete your tour de force and go out with a bang. You know all they're going to do is just blah, blah, blah and you're going to make fake concessions and let them do a happy dance only to counter attack the next month. I mean really...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well Maliki, you should have never agreed to implementing Erbil 2 years ago. You lied to your people to gain a majority and assumed your position. You knew then that Erbil was unconstitutional, IF that is now the/your case. Now you desrve a no-confidence vote for being the LIAR!

• Upvote 1

In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

There is no doubt that our people are watching with great concern the political movements happening in Iraq which involve a great deal of documents and meetings, and each of us has his own assessment of the issues and the controversies in the Iraqi political arena, and despite the fact that many of these differences are normal in any democratic system that is built on the ruins of an era of dictatorship and a new experience that attempts to establish new traditions and customs that might be unfamiliar to many of us. But perhaps, the political differences have gone over the normal extent within the framework of the democratic system, especially in a situation when our people are expecting us to offer them more public services and build the institutions that can help to compensate the people for many years of deprivation, injustice and destruction.

So I call on all parties and political powers to stimulate national dialogue and adopt constitutional and democratic mechanisms in solving all problems facing us, and focus all our attention on building our state and its institutions and on developing the services and improving the citizens' living standards, the Iraqis have voted for the Constitution and we have agreed to have the Constitution as a reference that we turn to whenever we have a disagreement.

I reiterate my call to all of you to convene under the umbrella of our beloved capital, Baghdad the capital of all Iraqis, without preconditions and terms from any party, so as to discuss and solve our problems on the grounds of law and Constitution without abandoning the agreements reached during this period as long as it is constitutional. I am so confident that the solutions resulting from national will are at hand and are easier than some would expect, if there are good intentions and seriousness.

Nouri Kamal al-Maliki

Prime Minister of the Republic of Iraq

May 20, 2012

www.pmo.iq

From past posts, It sounds like his position is the Erbil Agreement wasn't constitutional so he doesn't want to implement any part that isn't constitutional, and he's letting everyone know that's his position.

-

• Upvote 1

I think you are on to something Markinsa..... ;)

I remember reading on some government analysis somewhere a few months ago that the Arbil was indeed not within the framework of the constitution.... that Maliki likely knew that at the time... that the dil weeds who made the agreement, hadn't bothered to check on its constitutional aspects at the time of the agreement, and that essentially it would be hard to "implement"as it stands and is written.... (okay fine.... yes I did add the Dill Weed comment, but other than that... the rest is the aspects I remember from the analyst).... :D

• Upvote 1

I think you are on to something Markinsa..... ;)

I remember reading on some government analysis somewhere a few months ago that the Arbil was indeed not within the framework of the constitution.... that Maliki likely knew that at the time... that the dil weeds who made the agreement, hadn't bothered to check on its constitutional aspects at the time of the agreement, and that essentially it would be hard to "implement"as it stands and is written.... (okay fine.... yes I did add the Dill Weed comment, but other than that... the rest is the aspects I remember from the analyst).... :D

Rayzure, I am stealing that phrase of yours `"dill weed" love it, although dill is an herb, but I like it. hmmm who can a I call a dill weed. tap, tap,....I got it! The first person that cuts me off on the freeway on my way to work tomorrow morning will be a dill weed! Sounds more lady like that the phrases I currently use.

So what does this post have to do with dinar and M....nothing, but you made me laugh. Great post, what a circus.

• Upvote 2

He's a clown. He is the reason the citizens are still suffering, he has been stopping every bit of progress where the citizens can get by with the basic needs of life, so they can concentrate on his bull. He keeps them oppressed, and that is why the Cleric Sadr stepped in. Of all people Sadr. The biggest headache to our troops is actually trying to help the citizens. Unlike Maliki.

clown, jerk, rude, evil, not human, just a few choice words i have for that freak.

Well Maliki, you should have never agreed to implementing Erbil 2 years ago. You lied to your people to gain a majority and assumed your position. You knew then that Erbil was unconstitutional, IF that is now the/your case. Now you desrve a no-confidence vote for being the LIAR!

from the way it looks maliki is about to "assume the position" but i don't think it's going to be the one he had in mind! lol!

Well said! +1

Maliki is a genius, an evil genius. He was a central figure in writing the Iraqi constitution. He knows it better than most of his peers. He agreed to the Erbil argeement terms to get into his current position of power knowing that technically Erbil is unenforceable. He now wants to convene a National Meeting where he can claim that Erbil is null and void, announce that his counterparts are inept and that their incompetence has caused the delays in moving the country forward. He can then call for new elections and run for a third term. With his control of the media, it would be difficult to unseat him. Meanwhile, he and his cohorts get richer.

Or, my preference...

The Fab 5 have the 163 votes to unseat him, Talabani calls for an emergency meeting of Parliament and Maliki's @ss is tossed before June 1st.