Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Arab Leaders Will Ask for Remocal of Chapter VII @ Arab Summit

Rayzur

(Xinhua) -- The Arab leaders will discuss 24 dossiers in the coming Baghdad summit slated for March 29, an Iraqi official newspaper reported on Monday.

"There will be 24 dossiers on the table of the Arab leaders in Baghdad summit, including providing support to countries of the Arab protests (Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and Yemen), Palestine, fighting terrorism and violence, situation in Somalia and Sudan, the United Arab Emirates' (UAE) islands in the Gulf, the water file and economic cooperation," the state-run newspaper of al- Sabah quoted unnamed Arab source as saying.

"The Arab leaders will also discuss a plan proposed by Iraq aimed at resolving the Syrian crisis to spare the country the risk of slipping into civil war," the source said.

In addition, the Arab leaders will welcome the U.S. withdrawal from Iraq and are expected to recommend bringing an end to the UN sanctions (known as "Chapter 7" sanctions) imposed on Iraq after its invasion to Kuwait in 1990, the paper said.

The newspaper also confirmed that the Arab League (AL) began to prepare the agenda of Baghdad summit, citing the Arab source as saying that "the preparations of the agenda for Baghdad summit have started and will include remarks submitted by Iraq as the host country in addition to suggestions by other countries."

Late last month, Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said in an interview with Saudi newspaper Aukadh that he backs change through free elections in neighboring Syria as a necessary means for stability.

http://www.kurdsat.tv/arabic.php

• Upvote 16

(Xinhua) -- The Arab leaders will discuss 24 dossiers in the coming Baghdad summit slated for March 29, an Iraqi official newspaper reported on Monday.

"There will be 24 dossiers on the table of the Arab leaders in Baghdad summit, including providing support to countries of the Arab protests (Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and Yemen), Palestine, fighting terrorism and violence, situation in Somalia and Sudan, the United Arab Emirates' (UAE) islands in the Gulf, the water file and economic cooperation," the state-run newspaper of al- Sabah quoted unnamed Arab source as saying.

"The Arab leaders will also discuss a plan proposed by Iraq aimed at resolving the Syrian crisis to spare the country the risk of slipping into civil war," the source said.

In addition, the Arab leaders will welcome the U.S. withdrawal from Iraq and are expected to recommend bringing an end to the UN sanctions (known as "Chapter 7" sanctions) imposed on Iraq after its invasion to Kuwait in 1990, the paper said.

The newspaper also confirmed that the Arab League (AL) began to prepare the agenda of Baghdad summit, citing the Arab source as saying that "the preparations of the agenda for Baghdad summit have started and will include remarks submitted by Iraq as the host country in addition to suggestions by other countries."

Late last month, Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said in an interview with Saudi newspaper Aukadh that he backs change through free elections in neighboring Syria as a necessary means for stability.

http://www.kurdsat.tv/arabic.php

Great new rayzur! thanks

Thank you for the link for our soldiers, when this does happen (RV) I plan on donating to causes that will benefit our folks that have served our country. I as a missionary believe you all are our missionary point men. Every where you all go we are able to come in and preach the gospel. So I am greatful for all you do as a citizen and as a missionary, can't thank you enough. God bless

• Upvote 2

Seems to me that if the WB/IMF/UN see that all Iraq's wealthy and friendly neighbors in the Arab World / ME now trust Iraq again and embrace them in their "Club" - that there is little the WB/IMF/UN can show to justify keeping them out of the greater "World Club" any longer. Iraq's neighbors (including Saudi Arabia and Israel) need a politically, financially and militarily strong Iraq for helping jump-start regional growth and importantly, as a butress against any potential aggresion from Iran or radical factions to the East.

I really hope that this month's Arab Summit, the showing of solidarity from Iraq's neighbors and the Arab League's unified demand to the WB/IMF/UN to stop impairing Iraq through UN/WB sanctions (e,g. Ch 7, off shore trust accounts for sovereign funds, a militarysupervised by US "contractors, etc), will be just what is needed to get back to "normal"...

Keep in mind that the whole Iran nuclear development issue (whether or not true or just another **** Cheney - "Wag the Dog" excuse for a land grab) might be the catalyst to get Iraq's full reacceptance done sooner than later. It would be very tough to do in the midst of a regional war. If you think for a moment that Iraq would not be part of that war - think again - look a a map - Can you imagine not being in a bar fight if the guy to your left and right were swinging at each other over your head? In fact, you might have 2 enemies there, huh?

Well that's all - take care and GO RV!

Best!

Greg

P.S. I stopped and got a carton of eggs to smash on my face - just in case for tomorrow 3/11... LOL!

• Upvote 4

No matter what is "pushed for" or suggested at the Summit, the UN members have to be the ones to vote Iraq out of Ch 7, not Moon himself. What could happen though is that he take the suggestions back to the UN and they can add it to an earlier meeting than June for a vote.

• Upvote 1

It would seem to appear that Moon's presence is directly related to the lifting of the Chapter 7 sanctions (or perhaps that's just wishful thinking). Does anyone know if this is unprecedented to have a UN official at the Arab Summit, or is this "business as usual"?

Seems to me that if the WB/IMF/UN see that all Iraq's wealthy and friendly neighbors in the Arab World / ME now trust Iraq again and embrace them in their "Club" - that there is little the WB/IMF/UN can show to justify keeping them out of the greater "World Club" any longer. Iraq's neighbors (including Saudi Arabia and Israel) need a politically, financially and militarily strong Iraq for helping jump-start regional growth and importantly, as a butress against any potential aggresion from Iran or radical factions to the East.

I really hope that this month's Arab Summit, the showing of solidarity from Iraq's neighbors and the Arab League's unified demand to the WB/IMF/UN to stop impairing Iraq through UN/WB sanctions (e,g. Ch 7, off shore trust accounts for sovereign funds, a militarysupervised by US "contractors, etc), will be just what is needed to get back to "normal"...

Keep in mind that the whole Iran nuclear development issue (whether or not true or just another **** Cheney - "Wag the Dog" excuse for a land grab) might be the catalyst to get Iraq's full reacceptance done sooner than later. It would be very tough to do in the midst of a regional war. If you think for a moment that Iraq would not be part of that war - think again - look a a map - Can you imagine not being in a bar fight if the guy to your left and right were swinging at each other over your head? In fact, you might have 2 enemies there, huh?

Well that's all - take care and GO RV!

Best!

Greg

P.S. I stopped and got a carton of eggs to smash on my face - just in case for tomorrow 3/11... LOL!

Wow, your reps are even with your post 412, that's what it shows on your profile anyway....NICE...I knew I liked you...keep it up!!!!

Opp's I screwed that up now you have 413 reps and 412 post showing up...sorry...:lol: :lol: :lol:

We are about to RV this thing...sorry Shabibi...you are about to RV this thing....;) .

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 3

It would seem to appear that Moon's presence is directly related to the lifting of the Chapter 7 sanctions (or perhaps that's just wishful thinking). Does anyone know if this is unprecedented to have a UN official at the Arab Summit, or is this "business as usual"?

This is business as usual. Another member reported that Mr. Moon had attended the last 3 of 4 Arab Summits.

wavgg, thank you for your comments. Not only do you provide facts, but you have a well thought out story to tell that is always an education. I love your posts. Thanks!

Edited by Carrello

Looks like Iraq just might get it together in time to take the stage. It's POSSIBLE that the UNSC has already agreed to allow Iraq out of Chap 7. It is also possible that the seating of the ministers will be announced at the Arab League Summit. We've got a lot of information circulating about the things we all know to be as a 'check list' but let's stay grounded and let everything play out. Continue to make plans but don't get lost in the dream of it all. Remember, "a fool and his/her money are soon parted".

Looks like Iraq just might get it together in time to take the stage. It's POSSIBLE that the UNSC has already agreed to allow Iraq out of Chap 7. It is also possible that the seating of the ministers will be announced at the Arab League Summit. We've got a lot of information circulating about the things we all know to be as a 'check list' but let's stay grounded and let everything play out. Continue to make plans but don't get lost in the dream of it all. Remember, "a fool and his/her money are soon parted".

Remember also that the Defense & Security Summit starts on the 24th, ministers should already be picked and sould be announced before summit....just me think out loud...