Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRAQ GOV ANNOUNCED SUNDAY EXIT FROM CHAP VII IS JUNE

Carrello

thanks carrello for the post..........................isnt june when the protection of DFI funds expires..................this still happen before june...........imo............they can still make monetary as of now.................GO DINAR

I posted an article yesterday that said the US will start protecting Iraqi funds again in June.

Maybe it is just me, but I expected both events to happen sooner. I figured Maliki would be on his way this weekend, or after the Prophet's party, and Chap VII would be shortly, like a week, after. I am assuming when Maliki hits Kuwait, that the negotiations are over, and he is going for the photo op and to pick up his t-shirt.

I think this article sucks!.

GREAT ARTICLE! THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN! + FOR YOU! TRIED TO PLUS YOU SYSTEM NOT WORKING!

You know the new rule, Rockhound: If you can't +1 somebody, you owe them a drink in Las Vegas. B)

Edited by Carrello

February 4, 2012

Iraq wants Kuwait to repay debts through investments

03/02/2012

Baghdad, 3 February (aknews) – the Iraqi Government announced Friday, wished to resolve and close the file of Kuwaiti debt through the implementation of investment projects for Kuwaiti companies in Iraq.The adviser said the President's Office to the Ministry of Mary boss news agency of Kurdistan (aknews) that "Iraq wants to close the file of Kuwaiti debt through the implementation of investment projects in the next phase."The President added that "Iraq hoped Kuwait help break item VII during 2012 and this will be discussed in detail with Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki during his forthcoming visit to Kuwait to be convened by the end of March.

"The Iraqi Government announced Sunday that exit Iraq from Chapter VII, which would be in June, the Security Council depends on the position of Kuwait towards three important files is the issue of missing Kuwaitis and archive, as well as the issue of the demarcation of the border between the two countries.The President noted that "Kuwait want to extend new relationships based on sharing common economic and commercial interests between the two countries and to forget the past era and help Iraq out of item VII".The Security Council had decided in mid-January of last year, a unanimous vote on three resolutions concerning the lifting of the embargo on Iraq on import nuclear materials for peaceful purposes, and to cancel oil-for-food programme, and also extended the immunity for awards that were imposed under section VII until the end of June.From: Jafar Alunan, pen: Parwan as Yusuf

My link

Is it just me or not? I definately remember this same kind of thing happening last June. In fact, it was when Dinar Vets recorded their highest online participation if I'm not mistaken. Thanks.

The question remains as to whether Iraq needs to get out of Chap. VII BEFORE they can RV the IQD. The remaining sanctions all deal with Kuwait specifically. They are not "economic" sanctions by nature, despite the existence of a debt to Kuwait, and it is possible that these remaining modified sanctions will not prevent Iraq from RVing their currency. Could the sanctions be just another in what I believe is a long line of red herrings? I already believe that the budget and/or the HCL being passed are unnecessary for Shabs to pull the trigger. Now I think that remaining under this unique set of Chap VII restrictions may also not stand in the way of the CBI from implementing Phase 2, i.e., releasing of the LDs with the concurrent increase in the exchange rate.

IMO, the one thing that must occur is the finalizing of the GOI! In one sense, the value in a currency is a reflection of the stability of the government issuing that currency. Until they fully implement the Erbil agreement, Shabs will not release the artificial program rate! However, once they finalize the government, it'll be party time!!!

Excellent commentary, Rabbi. Thank you. I'm wondering, if what you've said is true, would the U.S. declaring war on Iran (or vice versa) impede the RV process in any way? I know, a very generalized question, but I'm just wondering what your thought are on this?

Thank you!

I posted an article yesterday that said the US will start protecting Iraqi funds again in June.

Maybe it is just me, but I expected both events to happen sooner. I figured Maliki would be on his way this weekend, or after the Prophet's party, and Chap VII would be shortly, like a week, after. I am assuming when Maliki hits Kuwait, that the negotiations are over, and he is going for the photo op and to pick up his t-shirt.

I think this article sucks!.

You know the new rule, Rockhound: If you can't +1 somebody, you owe them a drink in Las Vegas. B)

Maliki was suppose to go right after Kuwait elections that went down yesterday. Iraq has offer this with the below article Posted By Trooper +1 and a Drink

Feb 3rd

Iraq wants Kuwait amortization of purchased through investments

Baghdad, February 3 (Rn) - The Iraqi government announced on Friday its desire to resolve and close the file of Kuwaiti debt through the implementation of investment projects for Kuwaiti companies in Iraq.

Read more: amortization am·or·ti·za·tion   [am-er-tuh-zey-shuhn, uh-mawr-]

noun

an act or instance of amortizing a debt or other obligation.

the sums devoted to this purpose.

Edited by yota691

"The President noted that "Kuwait want to extend new relationships based on sharing common economic and commercial interests between the two countries and to forget the past era and help Iraq out of item VII".The Security Council had decided in mid-January of last year, a unanimous vote on three resolutions concerning the lifting of the embargo on Iraq on import nuclear materials for peaceful purposes, and to cancel oil-for-food programme, and also extended the immunity for awards that were imposed under section VII until the end of June"

Read more:

Ok, maybe it is just me and my glass half full mentality but I am reading the last sentence of this to mean that Kuwait has offered immunity for awards that were imposed to Iraq under section VII until June - as in the immunity is extended until June to see if they can get out of the chapter VII before then - not stating that it will not happen until June? Is anyone else reading it that way?

Go Dinar!!!! Go RV!!!!!

Thanks for your post Carello. I seriously doubt that Kuwait has Iraq by the balls as this article indicates. I rarely believe the propaganda that comes from the ME via articles. There is always a back story in the business world that commoners are not privy too. This investment is no different. Iraq is against the wall from an economic stand point in my view. It's my belief that we will see a change in the IQD very soon.

You guys can neg me all you all you want. I really don't give a ****. My only concern is the outcome of our investment. :D

Peace!

A date out of C7 has been established. It's now officially on record. That's all that matters. RV could be any time between now & then.

I now declaire the RV Olympic Games officially open. Go RV. Go for the gold.

I wish I had a plus for you!!

Thanks for your post Carello. I seriously doubt that Kuwait has Iraq by the balls as this article indicates. I rarely believe the propaganda that comes from the ME via articles. There is always a back story in the business world that commoners are not privy too. This investment is no different. Iraq is against the wall from an economic stand point in my view. It's my belief that we will see a change in the IQD very soon.

You guys can neg me all you all you want. I really don't give a ****. My only concern is the outcome of our investment. :D

Peace!

I think we could possibly see a rate change this week, +1 for you too, if I could.

Carello-I agree! I kind of think the article stinks, too. I am with you and believe that it is going to happen much sooner. As Yota points out, Maliki is supposed to visit Kuwait right after their elections which are over. I think too many things are lining up for it to be much longer. If the auctions do have to cease, I believe that it will push things through even faster. Nawty1 has brought us a lot of good information about a lot of this investment, and I think he would agree that it is getting close. Trying to watch what is happening, and not believing everything they say. That is easier said than done for sure. Praying that it is much sooner than June!

The math is telling me that they absolutely need Chapter 7 lifted in order to RV.

If they RV'd at 1 : 1 tomorrow, the $18Billion (USD value) that they owe Kuwait right now, would only cost them $15.5MILLION (USD value).

Make sense? Am I missing something?

(don't hurt me)

2 things come to mind here

1 Remember the Iraq govt are masters at "smoke and mirrors"

the second is from Star Trek

and im sorry I dont remember the exact name of the episode (not a full trekyy)

however Captian kirk and bones were stranded on the planet and and were in limited commmuincation with Spock on the enterprise/

Kirk ask Spok how long it would be before the enterprise would be ready for travel , to which Spok replied

(weeks and hours)

well in no time the enterprise was ready for travel and they beamed Kirk and bones aboard

and said

as it says in the galactic code

weeks are like days

days are like hours

hours are like minutes

ALL this to say

Maby the iraq's are really trekys.

lol

and that june may be march

The math is telling me that they absolutely need Chapter 7 lifted in order to RV.

If they RV'd at 1 : 1 tomorrow, the $18Billion (USD value) that they owe Kuwait right now, would only cost them $15.5MILLION (USD value).

Make sense? Am I missing something?

(don't hurt me)

Iraq owes 29 billion Usd to Kuwait, And Imo without Chapter 7 released no Rv. iraq needs to get off some cash.

Carello-I agree! I kind of think the article stinks, too. I am with you and believe that it is going to happen much sooner. As Yota points out, Maliki is supposed to visit Kuwait right after their elections which are over. I think too many things are lining up for it to be much longer. If the auctions do have to cease, I believe that it will push things through even faster. Nawty1 has brought us a lot of good information about a lot of this investment, and I think he would agree that it is getting close. Trying to watch what is happening, and not believing everything they say. That is easier said than done for sure. Praying that it is much sooner than June!

The Kuwaiti elections were last Thursday.

Iraq owes 29 billion Usd to Kuwait, And Imo without Chapter 7 released no Rv. iraq needs to get off some cash.

That's what I'm saying, no matter what the amount is. If they could RV before Chapter 7, they would pay off Kuwait in POST RV dollars, but they don't, so they can't.

Yota, they are down to 17.5 billion but whats a few billion.....but this is prearranged in investment trade deal...sorry I just jumped in here...

I don't take to much stock in this article or Maliki's time frame to visit Kuwait.....

I have some more info to share as soon as I can piece it together.....I'll post it here tomorrow....

Yota, they are down to 17.5 billion but whats a few billion.....but this is prearranged in investment trade deal...sorry I just jumped in here...

I don't take to much stock in this article or Maliki's time frame to visit Kuwait.....

I have some more info to share as soon as I can piece it together.....I'll post it here tomorrow....

Stryker your killing me! Tomorrow is the game and the wedding I have to attend, please tell me it will be early................ :):):):)

Many of you ask, since when did this become Iraq's decision. It's not their decision exactly but Chapter 7 could be lifted by June because of what may be taking place today that we do not know about. Just like an artist who produces a new album, that artist will tell you when their new CD hits the stores even though it's not their decision but the Producer's decision. But because of what took place between the producer and the artist during their work and deals, the date of the CD is determined in advance. I believe the same goes in this situation, Didn't Maliki visit Kuwait some time ago? We don't know what took place during that meeting. A deal could have been done at that time and the release date of Chapter 7 has been determined. Hopes this makes sense, if not but you know where I'm going with this, please help me make it clearer so others can understand.

Go RV!! :):):)