Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Update on Dubai currency Board

chefgene23

OK Guys, I was out at the City Centre Mall yesterday and checked on some of the currency boards in the mall and did not see Iraq currency listed. However, the fact that is was listed in the Airport at least says, that they have recognized the Iraqi dinar as an exchange currency from Iraq. IMO the more we see this the more likely as Adam said,"The $.10 start". GO RV!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

OK Guys, I was out at the City Centre Mall yesterday and checked on some of the currency boards in the mall and did not see Iraq currency listed. However, the fact that is was listed in the Airport at least says, that they have recognized the Iraqi dinar as an exchange currency from Iraq. IMO the more we see this the more likely as Adam said,"The $.10 start". GO RV!

What was the rate ???

• Upvote 1

First of all, whomever said it was "listed" at the airport never supplied us with any tangible proof of it. Secondly, you are coming here citing precisely the same thing only not at the airport, but at a mall. Come on man.......links/photos/etc. THEN....just maybe some of us here at DV might believe you. Stop with the he said/she said bull shite, and get a "*" clue. We all want this to happen, but for you to come here and spout virtually the same thing as the "Airport" listing poster has said, please! Prove me wrong, post your proof, show us that it is not more fodder for us to scoff at and raise our eyebrows to as we are so accustomed. No offence, but you my friend are presenting yourself as nothing more than a pumper.

Edited by TexasGranny
removed foul language
  • Upvote 13
  • Downvote 13

Kinda sad how rough you get treated for only posting a positive thread.

No harm no foul to me.

Optimism plays a very important role in investing and if you had none you probably wouldn't be here anyway.

Folk's need to take off their angry goggles and lighten up a little.

Seems the frustration has gotten to some of our DV brothers.

Stand united or maybe just keep the nasty comments to yourself.

Quad B)

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

All such rate stories are by definition false in the sense that if the CBI isn't showing it, it isn't done. For a pegged currency no one is going to give you a better deal than the central bank is offering. The stories come in two flavors, misinterpreted (as this one seems to be) or just made up (e.g. the guru bank screen nonsense). So no need to bash anyone over them, it is in the rumors section where it is a mistake to take any story seriously.

• Upvote 4

I never even thought twice about Chefgene's story. He has been an active member here, and came back to follow-up on his story. Trust me, I believe very few stories like this. Whatever circumstances took place, I believe Chefgene.

Thank you for coming back to update us on your experience.

Happy New Year Chefgene. Stay safe, and have a healthy and prosperous 2012.

• Upvote 1

.10cents....better off using it as toilet paper. B)

• Upvote 1

First of all, whomever said it was "listed" at the airport never supplied us with any tangible proof of it. Secondly, you are coming here citing precisely the same thing only not at the airport, but at a mall. Come on man.......links/photos/etc. THEN....just maybe some of us here at DV might believe you. Stop with the he said/she said bull shite, and get a "*" clue. We all want this to happen, but for you to come here and spout virtually the same thing as the "Airport" listing poster has said, please! Prove me wrong, post your proof, show us that it is not more fodder for us to scoff at and raise our eyebrows to as we are so accustomed. No offence, but you my friend are presenting yourself as nothing more than a pumper.

First of all I don't care if you believe me or not! I have had dinars since 04. I saw what I saw and that is that. As I have said, I have checked the other currency boards around the city of Dubai and have not seen it listed. I was very specific as to where and what board I saw the dinar listed. If you have ever arrived in Dubai it is the last currency board before you exist terminal 2 to get a cab. Now, do you have any experince at terminal 2? If not, then eat your own words becuase you don't know what you are talking about!

Pumper. Did you buy more than you could afford??? LOOOL

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Sure that wasn't 0.0025 dirham per dinar?

Since the Dirham is about 3.75 to the dollar, .0025 dirham per dinar would put the IQD value at about $0.0007, which would be about right given the spread that they would be charging.

HopefulTxn,

I was so surprised by the dinar listed I never considered it was in dhs. You are correct! After I read your post...I said, damn I forogt about the rate. Honestly, I wasn't trying to post a rate/or exchange just the fact that they (Iraqi Dinar) was listed for the first time on that board. I have been in Dubai on vacation since the 29th. I have not seen it listed on any other curency board in the city.

It was mistake in the 0.0025 rate for not putting dhs as it has cause some to call me the Big "P"! Hoepefuuly others will come through and see it, if not I will be back through terminal 2 on the 12th coming back from Goa. I will have my camera out so to get proof not the I am a full of S***! Just the fact I saw what I saw.

• Upvote 1

HopefulTxn,

I was so surprised by the dinar listed I never considered it was in dhs. You are correct! After I read your post...I said, damn I forogt about the rate. Honestly, I wasn't trying to post a rate/or exchange just the fact that they (Iraqi Dinar) was listed for the first time on that board. I have been in Dubai on vacation since the 29th. I have not seen it listed on any other curency board in the city.

It was mistake in the 0.0025 rate for not putting dhs as it has cause some to call me the Big "P"! Hoepefuuly others will come through and see it, if not I will be back through terminal 2 on the 12th coming back from Goa. I will have my camera out so to get proof not the I am a full of S***! Just the fact I saw what I saw.

Thanks chef, my guess there's a lot of us on pins an needles right now.

Go RV

I really don't want to burst bubbles or cause false hope here.

He is correct with the money exchanger in dubai terminal 2 posting this exchange rate on the boards.

And he is also correct as you walk out of terminal 2 as the last money exchanger on the right side,,(none on the left) that has this listed on the screen or board.

There is a Filipina money exchanger working inside usually.

This is nothing new.

If you go back and look I posted this a long time back.

I cashed in 2 million dinar there before I departed Dubai last August.

This board has shown this for nearly 2 years,,nothing new, you could buy and sell there.

I was flight crew for Midex airlines cargo, passed through terminal 2 for nearly 3 years,was a resident of the UAE also.

I know we are all looking for hope but this is not it.

Check my previous post,,I wish I was wrong.