Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I'm writing my thesis on the RATE it will RV at...

The IRD will revalue @ 15 cents and continue from there to where-ever the money markets will take it. Adam, myself and many others have called this rate for a long time. It still makes perfect sense if you understand how starting at this re-value will make Iraq enormously wealthy in very short order!

Hopefully we can go along for the ride, or cash out if necessary and buy into the new revalued currency through regular money market trading. Because of the seemingly deliberate, endless delays in Iraqi economic politics, I really don't think the rv will happen until the world economy settles down!

Commodity based currencies like Canada's and Australia's can grow and shrink with the direction of the wind in today's turbulent economic climate and I don't think Iraq, also being a commodity based economy, would want to ride that train right now with a newly revalued currency. Our Canadian dollar has gained, then lost and partially gained again upwards of 10-12% of it's value in a single quarter. That's explosive and really hard for business and government to plan anything around.

It makes sense for Iraq to wait till we get past the destabilizing European debt crisis, get Obama to stop handing out tax dollars for every crazy scheme his crazy liberal politicians dream up... and only then will we see the world economy start to crank up again. I think at that point Iraq will rv it's currency! I do believe we could still see it happen this year!

Investors and corps are sitting on their cash waiting for the right economic environment before they start production again. As long as you have Western governments (read US gov) sending mixed signals to businessmen and investors they will continue to sit it out and so will Iraq and most of world. Without a strong US economy, the whole world suffers!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

$0.15-$0.30

Initial R/V rate - and really depends on what type of system they use going forward. (i.e., free float, managed float).

Coming out at a dollar would maybe make it easy to transition. However, it won't immediately impact the pricing of goods within their economy.

I am sure they'll more than likely back a rate they can handle versus backing a rate that works for the people.

Could be even lower, as many, I mean MANY people will cash-out at those rates.

We would be "naive" to think otherwise..

I.e., if your sitting on 1 million IQD.

It R/Vs at $0.25

Your sitting on $250K

You really going to sit & wait & risk losing it..

What if the rate comes out at $0.25 and that is the peak and drops from there... Who knows, right?

gotta have a good game plan, imo.

• Upvote 4

Good luck on your thesis Adam.

To make an educated guess I have been reading all the monetary and exchange rate policies and studies used by the Central Banking Systems and I just gave up. This is too complicated - Emerging economy with oil exports...devalued currency, nothing else like it. Besides it looks like I would need a heavy duty calculator to manage all the calculations.

So instead I have decided that I will go with a suggested rate by a study I read when I first became a IQD speculator. $1.17 And I believe this will be a managed (dirty float) to control speculation and inflation.

• Upvote 3

Hi Adam, In my opinion this will start between .70 cents to a dollar. If they manage to keep country free of trouble for the first two years this will go up between $2 to $ 3 and after that their money will supercede all other currencies in ME and will float between $3.00 to $ 5.00. But this may take a while.

Cheers

• Upvote 2

So, I also predict a 1:1 and it's based on the following:

Look at a few of the countries surrounding Iraq (not including Iran) and you will see the following based on 2,000,000 of the following country's currency:

Saudi Riyal - $533,154 or about $0.27/Riyal

Israeli New Shekel - $549,469 or about $0.27/Shekel

Kuwaiti Dinar - $7,239,820 or about $3.62/Kuwaiti Dinar (love this one)

Turkish Lira - $1,088,730 or about $0.54/Lira

Syria Pound - $39,818 or about $0.02/Pound

So all the countries average for one (1) of their currency comes to about $0.94. So let's round this off to a $1 and run with it!

• Upvote 3

OK, I am going to go out on a limb and say 2.22 and as far as why, would it sound crazy to tell you that the lady who works with me dreamed that it would RV at 2.22? No educated reason, I guess just believing in her dreams, because so many of them come to pass.

I feel the same way I had two dreams. The first dream showed $1.68 an the other $1.67. I think Iraq would want to be well over the dollar so there is no comparison. Iraq needs to make a clear cut line on the dinar vs the dollar.

• Upvote 2

I'm all over the place on this one.

1.) $.855 (85-1/2 cents) or $.86 because that's my personal take on deleting the 3 zeroes.

2.) There was also a study done by an Iraqi ecionomist or someone over the summer that said that the CBI/GOI could support an RV of $1.17 or whatever. I remember everyone getting all excited over that!

3.) 5 times the rate of the Saudi Rial (The old Iraqi Riyal is 200 fil or 1/5 of a dinar).

4.) Whatever the going rate of the Kuwaiti Dinar is.

5.) Things that we have to consider are that currently the US is in Iraq and pumping (great word, huh?) dollars into their economy. Who comes in after the US leaves? Will Europeans pump the Euro into Iraq? There is a long time history of the Iraqis having ties to the UK. I think that the average Iraqi citizen will want to use a valuable but stable currency. Currently the dollar fills that void. But what if it was the Euro or the GBP?

I would like to think that the IQD will RV at a rate to get those foreign, western currencies out of their country so let's say something north of the GBP. And that's my final answer, Adam.

But I'd still like it to be somewhere around the value of the KWD!

• Upvote 2