Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Chat 8:20a.m. 10-19-11

pluMmet

I don't think that's fair at all. Some people here are rather vindictive, and walk around with their finger on the - button for someone they have had a simple disagreement with, and that goes for people on both sides of the LOP vs no LOP debate. I see this place emptying out real quick. :(

Maybe a good idea to email that concern to Adam, its a valid point for sure!

• Upvote 2

And, of course, 20 - 25 cents would be phenomenal -- I've always felt that. Here's hoping!

End Quote

Fully agreed... I do admit that in the past I'd have expected much more than that... But in the last 12 months I thought about it, read a lot, got a lot of help and insight from other DV Members I trust and accepted the fact I needed (for my mental sanity, common sense and inner peace) to "downsize" my earning expectations... Which had been artificially hyper-inflated anyway.

As you said 20-25 cents per Dinar would still be phenomenal......Good Luck to us.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

zigmeister, on 19 October 2011 - 11:02 AM, said:

"I do not think this is going to push good debate out, I do think Adam is speaking the negative way people post their opinions. Daylite is a good example of debating with a positive influence. He doesn't just post opinions of an RD but the political aspect of Iraq. He does not drive people down with his opinions."

Good afternoon, Zig....

I agree with you up to a point. The problem that I have is this gives a lot of immature people a lot more power than they originally had. Adam (and mods) do not always have time to check every post that one makes, to see if the negs were justified. I know for a fact that there are people walking around behind me with their finger on the - because of some simple misunderstanding, or perhaps they just don't like my somewhat strange sense of humor. If reps are going to be zero'd out, I think everyone needs to agree to wipe the "mental" slate clean. Only look at what is being said, as opposed to what was said in the past. Otherwise, there are a few here that don't stand a chance, no matter how polite and respectful they are now.

Although I would appreciate the continued right to make fun of GURUs when they say things that we know are ABSOLUTELY false, such as "It RV'd last week and banks just don't want you to know about it" and "Erbil was published in the Gazette, sorry there is no record of it because Shabibi wants to keep it hush hush"

Thanks.

And I personally, would rather not have other people's interpretation of the bible "shoved down my throat", but I don't see anyone locking it away in a closet.

I have to say the bible is a book of great and often overlooked wisdom. Sometimes it seems there are as many interpretations, as there are people who read the bible. A fact some people would be wise to remember before busting down doors with their personal interpretation.

We are all entitled to our own beliefs without others telling us if we don't share their beliefs we are missing the boat or just bad people. A mind is like a parachute, works best when open. I just we came equipped with a rip cord.

• Upvote 8

I have to say the bible is a book of great and often overlooked wisdom. Sometimes it seems there are as many interpretations, as there are people who read the bible. A fact some people would be wise to remember before busting down doors with their personal interpretation.

We are all entitled to our own beliefs without others telling us if we don't share their beliefs we are missing the boat or just bad people. A mind is like a parachute, works best when open. I just we came equipped with a rip cord.

Well said Think.

• Upvote 1

Adam Montana] 2. Speaking of "positive", we need to get rid of some of the negative people on this site

[Adam Montana] a few of our members seem to have nothing better to do than run around and try to make people feel bad, shoving negative opinions down their throats

[Adam Montana] it's wearing on the community, so we're going to make a few changes... one of them you may not like

[Adam Montana] In the near future, all "reputations" will be reset to 0

[Adam Montana] sorry if you have a great rep here!

[Adam Montana] after that happens, I will send an email

[Adam Montana] and all members will be notified that if your rep goes down to a certain level, you are out.

I bet that will get the majorities approval :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

WoW! Lots of very nice people on here today!! Lots of +'s. Ok I am going to give some out also! I am going to be REAL nice!! :rolleyes:

Will be glad to see some of the negative screamers go away!!!!! BIG SIGH OF RELIEF!!!

Thanks, Adam and team!

If Piggy shows up more, things are always better! :D

• Upvote 1

WoW! Lots of very nice people on here today!! Lots of +'s. Ok I am going to give some out also! I am going to be REAL nice!! :rolleyes:

Will be glad to see some of the negative screamers go away!!!!! BIG SIGH OF RELIEF!!!

Thanks, Adam and team!

If Piggy shows up more, things are always better! :D

I heard that piggy went to Market :)

• Upvote 2

I Hope That He Wasn't Inside Of A Package Of Bacon ! :o

:D :D :D

PIGGY PIGGY PIGGY !!!

B) B) B)

I don't think so. I seem to remember hearing something about the black Market being renamed to Green because of the color of some screen. Selling Dong out of the back of a van?

• Upvote 1

I don't think that's fair at all. Some people here are rather vindictive, and walk around with their finger on the - button for someone they have had a simple disagreement with, and that goes for people on both sides of the LOP vs no LOP debate. I see this place emptying out real quick. :(

I agree. You also have people on here who can't determine the difference between a post of someones opinion or something they found on another site and brought over for repost for everyones benefit. There are also people on here like me (Boots on the Ground) small bits of first hand knowledge that people in the States don't like to hear or agree with. We are not being negative and trying to bring down people on the site. We are just passing on information we get in Iraq.

• Upvote 1

As many here know, I keep a copy of most if my posts. I do so for many reasons. Some of the mods know one of them (reasons).

What they may not be aware of is that I have about as many comments that are painfully typed, on a touch screen, read and read again, then never posted due to them seeming to be unwarranted after careful consideration.

To be fair and honest, others know of the times I fly into someone with words that are less than judicious. On a few occasions, I have fallen to the level of trying to prove I can be as thoughtless of others, as some of the others are, on a regular basis. I try to rectify the situation, if I can, but sometimes do not.

I do want to thank those who have read what I post and understand that there is a desire to be pragmatic and in posting the other side of the coin that it wasn't meant to deliberately rain on their parade. I also wish to thank those who have said nice things on my behalf. They are the ones who make life great for all around them, and I appreciate the support and enrichment they offer by being open minded and risking the wrath of others to offer praise ( which I sometimes think may not be totally warranted).

While on the subject of wrath, some of the worst wrath I have experienced here was at the hand of a few of the mods. They know who they are, as well as why I save all my posts. That said, it will take very little of that kind of behavior to do exponential damage if they are tasked with cleaning up Dodge City. With that in mind, I ask for Mod review of other Mods, to keep the few bad apples from making it impossible for the others to do their job. I have run smaller information sharing venues in cyberspace, since the mid 1980 s, starting at 300 baud dial- up to the mid 99s where the Internet took the place of dial- up Bulletin Board Systems. In that decade, I learned a lot about keeping things informative, while being fair to the largest amount of the cybercitizens. I also know there is nothing worse than abuse of power.

I also realize, in the broader scheme of things, that it doesn't really matter what I may think, or post.

If this is the best solution to the problems that seem to weigh the heaviest on the minds of this in positions of authority, let me first say that I understand the concept and reasoning why all are expected to be respectful while a visitor in someone else's house. That said, I don't expect to see the same poor judgement exercised by some ( a very very few) here positions of power. I do hope for the best possible outcome, and time will tell if I am allowed to be a part of that.

Honesty first; and that starts with being honest to yourself; so you know how to be honest with others.

Question what you believe, and consider alternative beliefs and realities.

Any day that you don't try to enhance the lives of others, or try to learn something is a day of wasted potential.

There some days that none of what you know seems to be useful or accepted.

Life is truly what we make it, and we all can start by trying to be more open to the thoughts of others.

• Upvote 9

I had been thinking about the very thing that Adam talked about in his chat about all the negative stuff, even before I saw this today. I took it upon my self to make a pledge to be nice and treat others like I would like to be treated. You know the golden rule thing. No not he who has the gold makes the rules, as my dad always said. I have posted it in off topics and here is a link. Are you willing to join me in this pledge?

Thanks to everyone.

oleman

• Upvote 1

Me and you both buddy. Praise God I miss my family.

I pray that both of you are home soon. Thanksgiving would work just fine--we all certainly want you home at the soonest possible time. Until then, take care. God's blessings on both of you. Fran

I heard that piggy went to Market :)

No, he's back. In fact, he cried, "wheee!! Wheee!! Wheee! Wheee!" all the way home.

And, of course, 20 - 25 cents would be phenomenal -- I've always felt that. Here's hoping!

End Quote

Fully agreed... I do admit that in the past I'd have expected much more than that... But in the last 12 months I thought about it, read a lot, got a lot of help and insight from other DV Members I trust and accepted the fact I needed (for my mental sanity, common sense and inner peace) to "downsize" my earning expectations... Which had been artificially hyper-inflated anyway.

As you said 20-25 cents per Dinar would still be phenomenal......Good Luck to us.

Perhaps so. I won't deny it. But I still think it will be quite a bit more. I am not the type to be "practical" or "realistic" when I have a chance to achieve big dreams. I came into this thing with those hopes and dreams, and although I'll adjust if it's necessary when the RV happens, I'm not going to adjust my dreams downward unless there is no choice. I'll do it if I must, but I just don't believe in giving up on my dreams until it's absolutely necessary. And even then, I tend to look around to see if I can find another way to get there. lol Guess I'm just stubborn.

• Upvote 1

Lets hope that Adam is quoting a low rate just to keep himself from being wrong and misleading people which I highly respect about him. In the articles, Shabibi has stated numerous times that he wants the dinar equal to the dollar, so thats 1:1 at least. smile.gif

YES! I hope your right!!!smile.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Right on dude! wink.gif Miss ya round here... everything going well or ya just taking a break?

A break... man, can't wait for this ride to be over so we can all do that! rolleyes.gif

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 1

Right on dude! wink.gif Miss ya round here... everything going well or ya just taking a break?

A break... man, can't wait for this ride to be over so we can all do that! rolleyes.gif

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

Hey RodandStaff. I took on a major recording project not too long ago and it's busting my butt 16 hours a day. Seems like I don't have any time for myself. I'm not complaining, because I love what I do. I really don't know if the IQD R/V'd tomorrow if I would stop after I finished this project or just jump into the next one.

Although I have been thinking of maybe joining a blues band and just playing clubs on weekends for fun and work on my tan the rest of the time. WOW! I don't know if I could really slow down that much, but it sure sounds like fun.

I'm talking with a guy in Australia about some new breakthrough music technology he's developed that might be interesting to play around with. I guess I'll cross that bridge.........post R/V. I still have to finish the current project and that will be a while so I'll have time to let my head stop spinning before making a decision.

Meanwhile I really do try to find a moment to check in once a day whenever I get a break and keep up with what's going on. Every now and then I have time to say a few words. Oopps, breaks over, back to work........