Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How long till you give up

How long will you continue to hold dinars?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. How long will you wait to you sell your dinars?

• Never, in this forever till I die
    • Maybe Three or five years then I am out
    • A year maybe two at most
    • Getting ready to jump ship this year if nothing happens

the money i spent was extra money i had at the time. it wasn't money that was going to be used for a house payment, debts, or anything special. so i am in it for the long run. i only purchased what i could afford at the time. i did get a little caught up in the rumors a few summers ago and did 2 more small purchases just to help cover taxes. but now i am wiser to the gurus and their secret intel and just wait for this thing to play out.

You rationalized the "enough to cover taxes thing too?" I bought some dinar and then I thought, well Uncle Sam is going to take away 35%, so I better buy at least another 35-40% more. And, of course, as time went on, I thought well I've got to make sure that after I give to my church, pay the bank spread and pay my bills I'd still like to have the original purchased amount, so I bought some more. Next thing you know, I've talked myself into 3 times my original purchase. I have to admit, I fell victim to the pumpers when I first started too.

• Upvote 1

I went into this with eyes wide open - I made a conscience choice. I weighed the "what ifs" such as what if this NEVER happened - but more important to me was what if this DID HAPPEN and I allowed it to pass me by? How would I feel knowing my friends and family became comfortable or well off and I hadn't taken the chance? I invested only enough that I could afford to lose or would have spent on stupid stuff as well as make me comfortable when it occurs. And I don't regret a moment of it - I would have regretted terribly and forever had I not done it and it came to fruition. And I was standing on the pier watching all the ships go out to sea and once again just waiving from the dock.

• Upvote 1

I'm tired to be honest... And I'd also need the money... I might wait another 2-3 years if I'm in the condition to afford that waiting period.

Been into it since 2004

didn't mean I'm tired to be a honest person. Just that... I'm tired about this investment to get to maturuty ( comma) to be honest.

• Upvote 1

With this investment I think the frustration sets in every so often and it's cyclical.

Some of it has to do with expectations formed based on analysis, some good and then some from some very very bad "gurus" (what tha heck is that voucher in Iraq about? :lol: )

Even though I have no hope for a short term outcome ie RV or other option.....I still think Iraq has a bright future despite security and political pit falls its currently facing...it may look worse than what it really is.

We will not let them fail

why?

We need them as much as they need us if we are going to pull our country up. Give us cheaper oil now! :lol:

• Upvote 1

No real investor will give up.

I disagree, maybe give up was not the correct word, but you cut your losses and move to a new investment......you would be stupid to ride a stock down 60-80% when you can cut losses at 6-8% and get back in at a better time. Please dont tell me your one of those people that rides his stocks down to the bottom because he "never gives up"

• Upvote 1

i am an armchair investor. i have owned several investments for years (5 to 10+). i got into the Dinar on a tip from a friend with intel that it was going to happen soon. After researching everything and seeing the climate that surrounded the investment i did what i would do with any other highly risky (like options or derivatives) investment and only put in what i had slated for speculation. Well his predicted date came and went and here i am still in it. Think about it like this, this investment is just as risky as purchasing a futures contract. However the potential for return vs. the price of the contract (kinda like your price to earnings ratio) is so far apart that its a good investment for money that you have put aside to blow or the money you use to buy coffee, alcohol, cigarettes, and other unnecessary items. i treat this just like that. If an option or futures contract matures out of the money, then guess what, you lose it all. Same with the Dinar. So all of that is to say, i'm holdin til the dealer calls.

Edited by phazedoubt
  • Upvote 3

The money is done spent for the purchase , I can survive without it , If July comes and goes I will spend less time looking at forums , I will get back to my life , maybe at some point I will recieve my text of the revalue , I have alot of friends invested who would let me know , we meet almost every morning for coffee to discuss this investment , maybe I wont be able to get away from this because of people asking is there anything new , this ride is somewhat controlling.

• Upvote 1

Good answers everybody.....me myself well I am in this for awhile only put a few grand into this my dinars are worth maybe $1,500 now....its money I am not missing maybe if I had to do again

I would have just put in less since the RV that I was told was going to happen soon passed over 8 months ago....

Hopefully we se either a gradual increase or a RV even if .5 cents in the next few years.

didn't mean I'm tired to be a honest person. Just that... I'm tired about this investment to get to maturuty ( comma) to be honest.

I got that Umbertino! Understood!! :)

Ditto, just about everyone's sentiments btw on this investment! SO LET'S GO RVVVVV!!! :D

It's amazing to see such a uniform response from everyone. "Never give up" seems to be the mantra. Why? It has nothing to do with giving up. It has to do with smart investing. This is an investment, not a lottery ticket! Most people don't invest in stocks or bonds never expecting to sell. There is always a time when it makes sense to sell. If you believe you've reach the maximum potential return on an investment, you should sell. Otherwise, you lose opportunity costs every day. The US dollar is still the medium of exchange in the US. You need dollars to transact business. If you saw a good opportunity to invest in something else, you would be foolish to maintain your investment in the dinar. The dinar is far from certain. It is not guaranteed. Everday that you tie up a currency you can use (the US dollar) for other things represents a lost opportunity. Those of you that say you will NEVER sell your dinar under any circumstance may be guaranteeing that you lose 100% of your investment. That is foolish.

Personally, I trimmed back a portion of my dinar position in the middle of January. Once the overwhelming excitement turned into nothing but ridiculous hype, I seriously started questioning the validity of this investment. I rolled the cash from my sale into another stock and have made some money on it. I still haven't recovered the loss I took selling it back but my total investment today is worth more than it would be had I stayed in the dinar. I have 2 more dates in the future that I plan to sell the rest of my dinar if nothing has happened by then. And, I'm not terribly optimistic (but I hope I'm wrong).

• Upvote 3

"As the June 30th comes & goes, start to pay less attention. And over time, forget about the actual investment & just wait for an e-mail." This sounds like a good plan to me. I'll never sell until it RVs. I have other things to do, however--a book to finish writing, a business to build, a life to live. And time is getting away from me while I hang out here, so if this hasn't RV'd by the end of June, I'll just get busy with my other plans, and eventually the call/e-mail will come.

biggrin.gif

It's amazing to see such a uniform response from everyone. "Never give up" seems to be the mantra. Why? It has nothing to do with giving up. It has to do with smart investing. This is an investment, not a lottery ticket! Most people don't invest in stocks or bonds never expecting to sell. There is always a time when it makes sense to sell. If you believe you've reach the maximum potential return on an investment, you should sell. Otherwise, you lose opportunity costs every day. The US dollar is still the medium of exchange in the US. You need dollars to transact business. If you saw a good opportunity to invest in something else, you would be foolish to maintain your investment in the dinar. The dinar is far from certain. It is not guaranteed. Everday that you tie up a currency you can use (the US dollar) for other things represents a lost opportunity. Those of you that say you will NEVER sell your dinar under any circumstance may be guaranteeing that you lose 100% of your investment. That is foolish.

Personally, I trimmed back a portion of my dinar position in the middle of January. Once the overwhelming excitement turned into nothing but ridiculous hype, I seriously started questioning the validity of this investment. I rolled the cash from my sale into another stock and have made some money on it. I still haven't recovered the loss I took selling it back but my total investment today is worth more than it would be had I stayed in the dinar. I have 2 more dates in the future that I plan to sell the rest of my dinar if nothing has happened by then. And, I'm not terribly optimistic (but I hope I'm wrong).

Many people here bought dinars 6 or 7 years ago and have already made a profit.