Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A Cautionary Tale Regarding the RV

Thanks for the sobering post. I have been in the Dinar investment less than a year. I would have never even considered it 2 years ago. The odds were way to low to risk the investment back then. The last couple of months things in Iraq have improved dramatically. I will not say an RV will or will not happen. That is why I have always treated my Dinar like a penny stock in a big oil and gas company with really bad management operating in a war zone. So I just sit back and wait for good news or bad. :) Hoping for the best.

• Upvote 2

An interesting, logical and extremely sensible view point which makes a great deal of sense and is a welcome change to some of the posts which are clearly written in LA LA Land......thank you for sharing and I hope that people take the time to read and absorb it.

i hope it happens. i really do.

i was talked into investing in the dinar by a friend, and he said to watch the forums on a couple websites, but,

aren't most of these sites run by dinar dealers or pumpers? isn't it in there best interest to keep good rumors flowing?

there are different degrees of pumpification. some say tomorrow, some say next week, some say this month looks good, and some just say stay invested. they are designed to attract and keep attracting the different types of investors.

the only reason i come to any of these forums is for entertainment purposes only. anyone who invests money without individual research deserves what they get.

everything you need to know about currency speculation can be found on the internet. there is no need to listen to bad rumors, and bad "intel".

Blah Blah Blah....How come you all of you are saying good post but none of you are asking him to stay?

Legolas I really hope you change your mind and this is not your last post! I really have enjoyed your comments and honest opinions!

Besides that though Good Post. :)

But stay :angry:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

A Cautionary Tale

Those who have been here for a while may have read many of my previous posts. This will be my last, but I hope many will read it, and take it for what it’s worth.

Legolas I have always enjoyed reading your posts. As I told you once you and I think a lot alike. I'm sorry to see you go but I understand there comes a time for all of us to decide when to get off the roller coaster ride and get on with our lives. I'm going to hang in there a bit longer as I feel things could unfold in Feb. I have discussed with another DV member (I can't remember who right now) that I have noticed many good people getting burned by bad intel from trusted sources. These people are not pumpers and they're not stupid. I am convinced that there is in fact a well orchestrated disinformation campaign being conducted on the dinar that goes far beyond the likes of TerryK and Okie. People who never even log on to a dinar site are talking with forex traders, government officials, military leaders, bankers ... etc. and saying things like the IMF is going to force the RV by a certain date. Members of DV or other dinar sites are privvy to this "intel" and pass it on to others via emails or PMs so it doesn't have the feel of typical pumping. And yet the result is just as flawed as the pumpers' weekly RV prediction. Could it be the GOI? I hope not but I suspect that you're right. If we don't see an RV following the resolution of the issues you raised then I think we have to accept the possibility that we've all been had. In the meantime I'll try to stay positive and try to keep the rumormongers accountable. Take care my friend.

• Upvote 10

I have been in this investment since September 2005. At that time the rumor was that you could only buy dinar until November 2005 and they would not be selling it anymore in the US and they were looking for an RV at a rate of about $3.22 which was the rate of the dinar before the US invaded Iraq. So I just put the dinars in a safe place knowing it would not be in play for 7-10 years. In April 2010 I found this site and was shocked that the rumors had been going on strong since 2009 and maybe even longer. I did open up a Warka account something I was not aware of until I joined this site. I just paid the minimum amount. That's all the dinar I have and do not plan on buying anymore. I bought what I could afford and whether it rv's at .10 or $5.27 I will be happy. I could definitely use the money more today than ever before but will leave my financial situation in the hands of my Higher Power and move forward in faith, one day at a time.

I have found it fasinating to learn about the politics of Iraq and with great interest would love to see their country grow and prosper for the good of all involved especially the Iraqi people.

• Upvote 2

Legolas, you need to stay on here. I believe your background is valuable your thoughts could be on the money. I do not think that the Iraq needs to pump as I would imagine there are some dinar dealers that take carte of that for them. I think we will know shortly whether this complicated "deal" will come together or not. I got into this about two and a half months ago. It's a lot of mental gymnastics to disern what might be well meaning "intel" (which might actually be information that fits into a multifaceted puzzle) from pumper posts. Being naturally skeptical, I have learned to read factual information and use that as my basis of trying to assess where we are in this this speculative investment. However, some of this "intel" might actually give us some clues as well. I know one thing, we will probably know once the government is formed whether this will happen or not. To me its all news driven now and not "intel" driven. Take a break from it and come back some time soon.

• Upvote 2

Legolas I have always enjoyed reading your posts. As I told you once you and I think a lot alike. I'm sorry to see you go but I understand there comes a time for all of us to decide when to get off the roller coaster ride and get on with our lives. I'm going to hang in there a bit longer as I feel things could unfold in Feb. I have discussed with another DV member (I can't remember who right now) that I have noticed many good people getting burned by bad intel from trusted sources. These people are not pumpers and they're not stupid. I am convinced that there is in fact a well orchestrated disinformation campaign being conducted on the dinar that goes far beyond the likes of TerryK and Okie. People who never even log on to a dinar site are talking with forex traders, government officials, military leaders, bankers ... etc. and saying things like the IMF is going to force the RV by a certain date. Members of DV or other dinar sites are privvy to this "intel" and pass it on to others via emails or PMs so it doesn't have the feel of typical pumping. And yet the result is just as flawed as the pumpers' weekly RV prediction. Could it be the GOI? I hope not but I suspect that you're right. If we don't see an RV following the resolution of the issues you raised then I think we have to accept the possibility that we've all been had. In the meantime I'll try to stay positive and try to keep the rumormongers accountable. Take care my friend.

Great post Mr. Rich, and I agree with virtually everything you said. I've enjoyed your posts as well as many others in the rational crowd. I wasn't planning on leaving completely. I'll continue to watch occasionally, as the addiction is undoubtedly difficult to kick. I've just grown tired of the day to day insanity, and feel that much of it is a complete waste of time and effort. People are going to believe what they desperately want to believe, and it seems that very little which any of us say about it will make a great deal of difference one way or the other. My background dictates that I have a degree of concern for the little guy, and a strong desire to point out the difference between right, wrong, and the occasional blurred lines between the two. I just felt that it was important that I make a final statement, and hope that the caution spreads around to all of the sites. I sincerely believe that the Koolaid needs to be diluted a bit. Great responses gang, and thanks. Keep up the good work. ;)

• Upvote 3

I wonder if it trully is the GOI behind all of this as well but with one caveat. I think it is a possiblity that we've been had as Mr. Rich put it, but I wonder if this isn't the ultimate disinformation act. Maybe they are trully about six months to almost two years from enacting the RV plan. The GOI makes it seem as though it is always one step away from happening when in fact it is many steps, months or even a year or two away. So back to the theory, they squeeze the last bit of "the interest free loan" out of you and me and don't RV here soon , only to slowly purchase back many of the dinar from the dealers as we get tired of the stories, lies and games and sell back the dinar. Maybe over the next year or two, the GOI can purchase 10-30% of the dinars back, then the GOI RV's. Well that would be one hell of a deal for the Iraqi government and the dealers to boot (who are making money on both sides of the transaction). This theory has been in the back of my mind for a while, legolas' post prompted me to share, and although it maybe a bit off base it certainly would make sense. Anyways - I'm with the positive thinking group for now. Keep the faith and GO RV!

• Upvote 1

I wonder if it trully is the GOI behind all of this as well but with one caveat. I think it is a possiblity that we've been had as Mr. Rich put it, but I wonder if this isn't the ultimate disinformation act. Maybe they are trully about six months to almost two years from enacting the RV plan. The GOI makes it seem as though it is always one step away from happening when in fact it is many steps, months or even a year or two away. So back to the theory, they squeeze the last bit of "the interest free loan" out of you and me and don't RV here soon , only to slowly purchase back many of the dinar from the dealers as we get tired of the stories, lies and games and sell back the dinar. Maybe over the next year or two, the GOI can purchase 10-30% of the dinars back, then the GOI RV's. Well that would be one hell of a deal for the Iraqi government and the dealers to boot (who are making money on both sides of the transaction). This theory has been in the back of my mind for a while, legolas' post prompted me to share, and although it maybe a bit off base it certainly would make sense. Anyways - I'm with the positive thinking group for now. Keep the faith and GO RV!

Interesting posts from both you and Mr Rich and part of me is inclined to agree with you both that this a possibility but like both of you I too remain positive for now that it will happen but it will be when THEY want it to...Simple as that.

Legolas, thanks for your insight. You covered a range of thoughts and emotions, that I have periodically experienced over the past two years. I also, at times find myself drinking the Kool-aid, but I do know this investment is a gamble and an addiction, that only an RV or redenomination will cure. I pray for all us that we do get a happy ending. But, if we don't, Life will go on. I have enjoyed reading reading your posts. We all need a shot of reality at times from a Dr. of truth. Don't leave! :)

• Upvote 1

Very good food for thought. All we can do is treat it like any investment and no matter what return on the investment just realize that it is part of the game. If every investment was 100% gauranteed there would be a lot more wealthy people in the world. People have to look at it as a "possibility" of a substancial return or maybe none at all. Just play it safe and hope for an RV. Good luck to all

Isn't the US the ones in control of the GOI based on the fact that we virtually built it and appointed someone to it. If this was all a basis of what is spoken, then would that mean our own government is taking us for a ride? It is not like it will be the first time and surely will not be the last.

I have been saying for MONTHS now that we should STOP BUYING and in fact sell a bit back ... just see what happens or how the "stories change" ...

I've valued your in-put and would say you've contributed to keeping DV "real". Thanks!!!

This doesn't mean I don't believe in the investment ... it just means I'm not greedy and am curious as to what might "come down" :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

A Cautionary Tale

Those who have been here for a while may have read many of my previous posts. This will be my last, but I hope many will read it, and take it for what it’s worth. Most of my posts have had the purpose of encouraging “cautious optimism” for this investment, while always critical of the constant flow of rumors. I hold a large number of Dinars…..far more than I would have had I known then what I do now, and hence, the reason for this cautionary tale. As much, if not more than most, I sincerely hope to see the Dinar RV, so take the following for what it’s worth, and use your own judgment.. I hope it has some value to all.

Legolas...Thank you for your excellent post...take care...hope you don't leave however, whatever your journey is, take care...God Bless...