Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Monday Late Night Opinions @ 11:20 PM CDT - 4/15/2024

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Frank26  [Iraq boots-on-the-ground report] FIREFLY: TV is showing new audit report showing Iraq as the best new investment for the year 2024. FRANK: I'm sorry... How in the world is this kind of statement even possible for you to makeYou're at a program rate. Ain't no way in the world Iraq is the best investment for anybody in the year 2024 unless you're trying to tell us that you changed the exchange rate, which is what you're doing ever day to the whole world...:twothumbs:

Pimpy  [In a LOP] The only thing that changes is the bank notes themselves... You're not changing the value of the currency. A 25,000 dinar is going to have value as a 25 dinar. They're just going to lop the zeros off. Debt is still going to be the same, your paycheck is still going to be the same. They only difference is when you go to cash your check, the dollars [dinars?] they give you back are going to look different if they lop off the zeros. He has his brain locked into a LOP, and no matter what other facts are out there, he just can't seem to see them. 

MarkZ ... the bond folks have expectations of things starting from between the 15th to the 22nd. And we were told from day one that bonds need to be close to completion or well underway before they pull the trigger… Hopefully we will know by tomorrow if bonds kick off - from European contacts...

Clare  Article: "His advisor: Sudanese attention will focus on the economy during his meeting with the American PresidentQuote:  "Counselor Saleh believes that the economic aspect (investment, development, and financing) “will be activated for the first time in this broad form of the strategic framework agreement in order to be consistent with the data and principles of the program.:twothumbs:

Militia Man  Article: "Sudanese visit..Government advisor: The economy with America will be activated on a large scale for the first time" The red carpet is laid out for Iraq and the news we see is phenomenal ... That motorcade shows it. This is not a shun like we saw with Haider al-Abadi on the White House lawn.. A stark and profound difference today is and it is a good thing!:twothumbs:

:tiphat:

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 5
  • Pow! 1

8 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

Militia Man  Article: "Sudanese visit..Government advisor: The economy with America will be activated on a large scale for the first time" 

Who actually said this? MM or someone over there in Iraq??

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

Pimpy is turning into the ultimate Lopster!  Gosh, with all this negativity by Pimpy, you would think that he would get the heck out of this investment, and get brain damage in something else!  :jester:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

Pimpy A 25,000 dinar is going to have value as a 25 dinar. They're just going to lop the zeros off. 

Ok ok ok :bravo::twothumbs: If you think it is going to LOP , just do it and less talk pimple. When are you going to LOP the IQD? :soon::soon::soon::rocking-chair:

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/16/2024 at 12:24 AM,  ronscarpa said: 

Pimpy A 25,000 dinar is going to have value as a 25 dinar. They're just going to lop the zeros off. 

Won't Pimpy be surprised when they come out with the new denominations and they don't include a 25 but include a 20......Pretty hard to "LOP" a 25,000 to a 20 

This has also been stated by credible sources over the last 6 months

From a 2016 Article:

The solution is not to delete zeros or dinar floated, but substituting new Iraqi dinars and to link the rate of exchange in US dollars. Be issued any new Iraqi dinars equivalent to the dollar in the exchange rate of the dinar .oatkon per hundred fils and groups: one dinar, five dinars and ten dinars, and twenty dinars, and fifty dinars, and one hundred dinars. Minting coins from fils and five fils, ten fils fils twenty, and fifty fils, and one hundred fils. Thereby ensuring the stability of the monetary system and the elimination of the imbalance in the current system , which has allowed widespread corruption. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 4

And,  from another 2016 Article:

He pointed out that" the new currency entry does not mean the destruction of ancient coins, but will continue to trade for about ten years , "pointing out that" this period will enable the central bank to withdraw the old currency in accordance with the dynamics and mechanics in order to preserve liquidity In the market

Can't meet IMF Article 8 obligations if you have a MCP structure.....Can't go International with your currency without meeting Article 8 obligations. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 6

This article is interesting. I completely forgot they were talking about a 20 dinar bill which I now remember some talk of this dinar. So article says "can't meet IMF article 8 obligation if you have a MCP structure "  is this reason they stopping the  US  market ? So if they stop the  US market would think then able go international, Just my thoughts on this,

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

5 hours ago, Society said:

He pointed out that" the new currency entry does not mean the destruction of ancient coins, but will continue to trade for about ten years , "pointing out that" this period will enable the central bank to withdraw the old currency in accordance with the dynamics and mechanics in order to preserve liquidity In the market

Can't meet IMF Article 8 obligations if you have a MCP structure.....Can't go International with your currency without meeting Article 8 obligations. 

This is 1000% Correct!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

13 hours ago, Society said:

On 4/16/2024 at 12:24 AM,  ronscarpa said: 

Won't Pimpy be surprised when they come out with the new denominations and they don't include a 25 but include a 20......Pretty hard to "LOP" a 25,000 to a 20 

This has also been stated by credible sources over the last 6 months

From a 2016 Article:

The solution is not to delete zeros or dinar floated, but substituting new Iraqi dinars and to link the rate of exchange in US dollars. Be issued any new Iraqi dinars equivalent to the dollar in the exchange rate of the dinar .oatkon per hundred fils and groups: one dinar, five dinars and ten dinars, and twenty dinars, and fifty dinars, and one hundred dinars. Minting coins from fils and five fils, ten fils fils twenty, and fifty fils, and one hundred fils. Thereby ensuring the stability of the monetary system and the elimination of the imbalance in the current system , which has allowed widespread corruption. 

They could do a Germany! I have told people this for many years! It could a 10 for one deal? Different for cash, cash in bank and loans etc! There has to be adjustments across the board! This is marshall plan 101, they called the Iraq stabilisation program! Very similar if not same features just different names! Everyone plays a part in the rebuild and contracts are key! 

• Pow! 1

13 hours ago, Society said:

Spot on! 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, edbeach said:

This article is interesting. I completely forgot they were talking about a 20 dinar bill which I now remember some talk of this dinar. So article says "can't meet IMF article 8 obligation if you have a MCP structure "  is this reason they stopping the  US  market ? So if they stop the  US market would think then able go international, Just my thoughts on this,

They can't treat the 3 zero series and the new Fils and LD's at two different rates.  That would be a MCP.  For example, they can't say the 25,000 is at 1320 IQD to USD or 18.94 US AND the 25(which won't exist, example purposes only) is at 1.32 IQD to USD or 18.94 US.  That is a MCP.  10 YEARS!!!!!

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

The article does not say anything about reducing the 25.000 dinar to 25 dinar but the article say the old currency would be good for 10 years. So how does the deletion come into play with this. My thought would mean the 25000 still be good for 25000 dinars or people would including the Iraqis would loose 24,975 dinars ? Son't understand this article in reducing the dinar notes . Wouldn't people be able walk in Banks getting value of 25,000 for 10 years?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, edbeach said:

The article does not say anything about reducing the 25.000 dinar to 25 dinar but the article say the old currency would be good for 10 years. So how does the deletion come into play with this. My thought would mean the 25000 still be good for 25000 dinars or people would including the Iraqis would loose 24,975 dinars ? Son't understand this article in reducing the dinar notes . Wouldn't people be able walk in Banks getting value of 25,000 for 10 years?

Yes.....based on what they have said, 25,000 dinar will always be 25,000 dinar...... if they are to be IMF Article 8 Compliant.  If they were going to LOP, there would be an assigned time period, likely maximum of 90 days after which, the 3 zero series would no longer be valid.......They have clearly stated both series will coexist for up to ten years.  By everything they have said, this will not be a LOP.......Of course, we won't know for sure until they actually RD

• Upvote 3
  • Pow! 3

5 minutes ago, Society said:

Yes.....based on what they have said, 25,000 dinar will always be 25,000 dinar...... if they are to be IMF Article 8 Compliant.  If they were going to LOP, there would be an assigned time period, likely maximum of 90 days after which, the 3 zero series would no longer be valid.......They have clearly stated both series will coexist for up to ten years.  By everything they have said, this will not be a LOP.......Of course, we won't know for sure until they actually RD

Couldn't have put it better myself. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Society said:

Exactly won’t really know until they do and issue us instructions 

Edited by screwball
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

Society -Thanks for your explanation I thought this was what Shabibi had stated lets hope they continue what Shabiti had said. Hopefully this thing ends shortly so everyone can go on with our lived & desires of life.

Screwball- Agree also- I had made copies few years ago of most important info of dinar but my old computer I had used for over 10 yrs crashed and I lost all my info. As I was thinking back I remembered they had also talked about bring out a twenty dinar note but heard til the above article. Also back when Shabibi was around he had presented to management copies of notes he was presenting for approval for printing but he was chase out of countty by Maliki before getting any approval that I recall not hearing any further on this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2