Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Monday Early Afternoon Opinions @ 3:05 PM MDT - 3/18/2024

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Frank26  The Prime Minister is going to Washington DC ...He's going to talk to the U.S. Treasury about the new exchange rate...He's talking to it with everybody.

Fnu Lnu   On the issue of Old Notes (circulated) versus New Notes (uncirculated) I can tell you this. The "Oil for Dinar" program (a Paris Club item - coalition countries) is very real and those are called Private Placements. They require ONLY uncirculated notes to participate. Otherwise, if you aren't in such a Private Placement exchange then it doesn't matter at all. Also, new uncirculated notes of certain serial numbers are going to be used as Bonds. The new Dinar have all the info needed to be used as bonds and it was planned this way before the new notes were printed. They will be used on the unregulated trading platforms in Shanghai as part of certain trading packages. (Interesting...!)

MarkZ  I think things are in a mad dash to the finish line… We have an impending visit from Sudani here in the Us...  We have Sudani on Friday mentioning the rate of $1.32…which is very specific... Comment: The $1.32 rate is actually .76 cents US for each dinar….  Al Sudani promised the Iraqi people the dinar would be stronger than the dollar. . 76 cents is NOT stronger. Mark: They may be floating the rates of $1.32 and .76 cents to get people ready for a change. I still think it will be more in the $3 or $4 range…but I could be wrong. IMO $1.32 and .76 cents rates would still be fantastic.. :drunk:

Pimpy  Everyone is excited that Iraq has completed all the requirements to join the World Trade Organization but the bigger question is what's next for Iraq?  ...There's this impression going on around the Iraqi dinar community that this is going to happen next week or next month.  Is this true or could the process take longer?  ...What's remaining for Iraq? Approval by the general council...which is composed of all WTO members. ...As of now they don't appear to be on the calendar to be voted in...We got between now and June to see if indeed Iraq is added to the calendar...unless for some reason the WTO holds a special session...:twothumbs:

Militia Man  Article: "Parliamentary Finance: The federal budget is in the corridors of the Council of Ministers, and there is no specific date for sending itQuote: "On June 12, 2023, the Iraqi Parliament approved the tripartite budget law for the years 2023, 2024, and 2025.  Last year’s total budget amounted to 197 billion dinars, which is the largest in the country’s history." Take note that they used 197 Billion Dinars. That is a little over $150 million USD at the current exchange rate of 1,310 IQD... Seriously? I do not think so, unless they have done something we have yet to see.:twothumbs:

:tiphat:

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 6

Frank26  The Prime Minister is going to Washington DC ...He's going to talk to the U.S. Treasury about the new exchange rate...He's talking to it with everybody.

I really don't think the US has any power to control the revaluation in Iraq.   It is all about what Iraq wants to do.  They will do whatever they want!  :jester:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

25 minutes ago, NWGUY said:

I really don't think the US has any power to control the revaluation in Iraq.   It is all about what Iraq wants to do.  They will do whatever they want!  :jester:

But Iraq cannot used USD for time being.. event their currency also nothing.. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BETTYBOOP said:

ADAM MONTANA IS LOGGED INTO THE BOARDS!!!!!

It would be nice to talk to Adam, but I am sure he will say the same thing he talked about the last time he did the chat.  HCL...HCL...HCL!  He is always very nice, but not much to say if they don't get that handled.  :jester:

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, NWGUY said:

It would be nice to talk to Adam, but I am sure he will say the same thing he talked about the last time he did the chat.  HCL...HCL...HCL!  He is always very nice, but not much to say if they don't get that handled.  :jester:

At this point I have no faith in the HCL to ever pass.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, WheresmyRV? said:

At this point I have no faith in the HCL to ever pass.

I get it, but it will pass eventually.  About the time you think they agree, then somebody thinks they need more, and it is back to the drawing board.  The poor Iraqi citizens should have been receiving their share of the oil long ago, but the politicians are so greedy about their share, the people who really needs it is getting the shaft.  :rake:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Probably one of the Chinese Elders!!!

FNU LNU

Stands for First Name Unknown...... Last Name Unknown...

Legal acronyms for the unknown...

At least the guru is being honest in that they are really nobody!

CL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2