Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Al-Kazemi: The international coalition has completed the exit of all its forces and combat equipment outside Iraq

yota691

Photo
10 Dec 2021

Baghdad-ALSharqiya December 10: The international coalition against ISIS announced the end of its combat role in Iraq, stressing that it will continue to respond to the call of the Iraqi government in the next stage to provide advice and assistance to its forces and enable them to protect the Iraqi people.
A statement by the International Coalition confirmed that its forces had completed their transition to the non-combat role before the agreed-upon date at the end of this year, and that its new tasks were to provide advice, assistance and empowerment to the Iraqi forces, expressing confidence that this strong partnership would ensure that ISIS did not reconfigure itself and threaten the Iraqi people.
The international coalition statement added that the Iraqi forces will protect the invited coalition members as non-combat guests, but they will retain their natural right to self-defense.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

The Pentagon: Threats against our forces in Iraq still exist, and we reserve the right to self-defense

{Umniah: Al Furat News} The US Department of Defense (the Pentagon) announced that threats against its forces in Iraq still exist.

It said it "reserves the right of self-defense" to any threat.

The Pentagon's announcement comes hours after National Security Adviser Qassem al-Araji announced today, Thursday, "the official end of the combat missions of the international coalition forces and their withdrawal from Iraq."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The joint operations reveal important and new details about the withdrawal of the coalition forces

{Umniah: Al Furat News} The Joint Operations Command announced new details about the end of the combat missions of the international coalition forces and their withdrawal from Iraq.

The Deputy Commander of Joint Operations, Lieutenant General Abdul-Amir Al-Shammari, said in a televised statement this evening: "The combat units withdrew completely from Iraq and redeployed outside the country within the agreement between the two countries."

He added, "The international coalition forces have been involved in combat operations from 2014 to 2021 with the participation of artillery and special teams and the participation of combat times, and now this role has changed and their work will be in accordance with Iraqi laws," noting that "they are present at the Asan al-Assad base, west of Anbar Governorate and our air bases, and there are no special bases for them, and they are They operate under the protection and sovereignty of Iraq."

He continued, "The numbers have decreased dramatically since last July, and all the vehicles and two Patriot batteries from the Al-Assad base have completely withdrawn, and units of the special missions have also withdrawn to Kuwait and Jordan."

Al-Shammari pointed out that "the combat units, their equipment and their personnel withdrew, and advisers remained with the armed forces and the Peshmerga to provide advice only," noting that "part of this equipment was donated to the Iraqi side, including heavy armored wheels and some heavy ordnance that were handed over to the Artillery Directorate and armored vehicles to the Anti-Terrorism Service and presented As a gift to the Iraqi armed forces.

He explained, "Air strikes are carried out by the Iraqi Air Force, but the discovery and follow-up of terrorist hideouts require high-altitude drones and high technical capabilities and for long hours to discover them in difficult geographical areas, so we need them for the drones of the international coalition."

Al-Shammari said: "We informed the coalition that we do not need combat forces, but the guerrilla war has developed and needs high technical training and technical equipment, and ISIS still poses a threat and attacks our forces, the last of which is the Peshmerga and threatens civilians, but we assure the Iraqi people that our piece is able to control the land completely and it carries out daily duties and activities." It is clear and includes the killing and arrest of many terrorists and the destruction of their hideouts, and the withdrawal will have no effect on handling the security file."

• Thanks 3

A day after announcing the complete withdrawal, an American general: We will keep 2,500 soldiers in Iraq

{Umniah: Al Furat News} The commander of the US Central Command, General Frank McKenzie, said that Washington will keep the current forces of 2,500 soldiers in Iraq, warning of an increase in terrorist attacks.

McKenzie said in an interview with the Associated Press that "despite the shift in the role of US forces in Iraq to a non-combat role, they will continue to provide air support and other military assistance in Iraq's fight against ISIS," considering that "the escalation of violence by factions Armed attacks on US and Iraqi forces may continue during the current month."

He considered that "these factions want all American forces to leave Iraq... but we would not leave, which may provoke a response as we approach the end of the month," noting that "we withdrew from the bases that we did not need, and made access to us difficult. But the Iraqis are still They want us to be there and get involved... as long as they want to, and we can mutually agree, we'll be there."

McKenzie believed that "ISIS fighters will continue to pose a threat in Iraq and that the organization will continue to reconfigure itself, perhaps under a different name," noting that "the key to the solution will be to ensure that ISIS is unable to integrate with other elements around the world and becomes more powerful and dangerous." .

In total, McKenzie declared that "the presence of US forces throughout the Middle East has decreased significantly since last year," explaining that "this presence has peaked amid tensions with Iran at 80,000 personnel."

And the Iraqi National Security Adviser, Qassem Al-Araji, said in a tweet yesterday: "Today {Thursday} we ended the last round of dialogue with the international coalition, which we started last year, to officially announce the end of the combat missions of the coalition forces and their withdrawal from Iraq, and the relationship with the international coalition will continue in the field of training and advice. and empowerment.”

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, jg1 said:

I agree, just don't leave it all behind for  the enemy like Jo blow did. Then, as Donald Trump would say, Next time you want our help you will need to pay for it with oil and cash/ No checks.

There are so many other things that have happened lately that give "an RV" more of a reality like, Iraq giving back recovered bodies of dead Kuwait citizens, finishing paying them off for war reparation, out of chapter 7...... Anyone else want to add something?

Ok, I will add something. Iraq sovernty. Something I wish the US had, cant have it if you dont have boarders.

combat missions of the coalition forces and their withdrawal from Iraq.

Nice. I will have a piece of moon pie please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jg1 said:

Ok, I will add something. Iraq sovernty. Something I wish the US had, cant have it if you dont have boarders.

combat missions of the coalition forces and their withdrawal from Iraq.

Nice. I will have a piece of moon pie please.

And how about, more talk about sharing oil proceeds/ hcl and raising the rate. Ya, I know we hear this every year but now we see actual evidence that they want to buttron this up by the end of the year. Not excited about this stuff anymore, just feeling we may be seeing a ending, may I dare to say, soon.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 8
  • Pow! 1

11 minutes ago, jg1 said:

And how about, more talk about sharing oil proceeds/ hcl and raising the rate. Ya, I know we hear this every year but now we see actual evidence that they want to buttron this up by the end of the year. Not excited about this stuff anymore, just feeling we may be seeing a ending, may I dare to say, soon.

I get it.  I've been on this crazy ride since 2004 and every Jan 1, we get our hopes up to be let down.  But I'll admit, this time it feels different.  Maybe because we actually seeing legit articles, and not rumor BS.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, jg1 said:

lets give’em this Moon Pie .....  :moon-from-car:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, horsesoldier said:

lets give’em this Moon Pie .....  :moon-from-car:

Thanks, I needed that. Funny. I was actually trying to be funny too, but didn't explain well enough. Kinda like the amc apes would say about the value of the stock, to the mooon. I was thinking, maybe the same may happen with the value of the dinar, and while I was there I might as well have a piece of moon pie. 🤪

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, jg1 said:

Thanks, I needed that. Funny. I was actually trying to be funny too, but didn't explain well enough. Kinda like the amc apes would say about the value of the stock, to the mooon. I was thinking, maybe the same may happen with the value of the dinar, and while I was there I might as well have a piece of moon pie. 🤪

I got your 6 !!!! U be funny & stuff !!!!

I was at Cracker Barrel Restaurant last weekend when I spotted Moon Pies for sale. This is what has been on my one track mind/when U said Moon Pie I began salivating like Pavlov’s Dog. 

These things we’re almost the size of freaking frisbee ( otay...I exaggerate a bit ), BUT these looked de-lish-us !!!
Of course my wife used sound reasoning saying since I as trying NOT to get diabetes, buying an entire box of Moon Pies sure as hell would negate that and fast track insulin shock. I hate it when she’s right.
Ive got errands to run tomorrow/I’ll swing by C. Barrel, get the Moonies then hide them around the Garage. Buh Wah haha!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Baghdad: Huda Al-Azzawi 
Twenty days separate us from the implementation of the strategic dialogue agreement between Iraq and the United States of America, which stipulates the departure of its forces and the international coalition forces led by Iraqi territory by December 31 of this year, and while popular and official circles await the implementation of this step and its political and security implications, concerns are raised about the commitment Washington agreed with this agreement and the threats of some factions to escalate it in the event of a breach of it.

In an interview with Al-Sabah, the strategic expert, Dr. Ahmed Al-Sharifi, believes that “the issue of withdrawal should be due to the absence of the need for combat forces after the decline in military operations, especially after the announcement of the Iraqi military liberation from ISIS terrorist gangs.”
In the field reality, the international coalition forces and the United States will continue to provide logistical support at the levels of air support, reconnaissance and electronic monitoring. Al-Sharifi believes that the withdrawal in terms of assessment is “formal,” and he justifies this by saying: “The United States will not leave Iraq for two main reasons, namely the security of allies and energy security. Which will not be achieved without an American presence in Iraq, and the United States is aware of this fact, and it will streamline its military presence in the country.”
The expert called not to "flatten" the matter and to "clarify to the public opinion that the withdrawal is taking place in this framework," noting that "according to the international will, Iraq is still a focus of a threat to international peace and security, and that the decisions issued by the Security Council in the face of terrorism are still Existing and active, which requires the survival of forces guarantor of the non-return of Iraq to be a focus of threats to international peace and security.”
And regarding the fears that the issue of the American withdrawal will be accompanied by events similar to what happened to Iraq in terms of a terrorist attack in 2014 or what happened to Afghanistan in 2021 through the “Taliban” invasion, the researcher in security and political affairs, Sarmad Al-Bayati, confirms in an interview with “Al-Sabah” that “the Iraqi security forces It recorded great victories over terrorism, and despite the occurrence of some violations from time to time, it does not indicate the occurrence of a copy of 2014 or what happened in Afghanistan after the withdrawal of US forces.
And the Joint Operations Command announced in a statement yesterday, Friday, that “the last combat force of the international coalition led by the United States of America will leave the country in the coming days,” denying that “any of them will remain on Iraqi soil.”
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Saleh and McGurk discuss ending the combat role of the international coalition and supporting the security forces with advice

{Political: Al Furat News} The President of the Republic, Barham Salih, received, today, Sunday at Baghdad Palace, the US National Security Council's coordinator for the Middle East and North Africa, Brett McGurk, and his accompanying delegation.

A presidential statement, which Al-Furat News received a copy of, said, "to discuss and develop bilateral relations between the two countries, and advance them in various political, economic, cultural and environmental fields through the existing strategic dialogue between the two countries in a way that achieves common interests, in addition to discussing ending the combat role of the international coalition, and strengthening the capabilities of the international coalition." Iraqi security forces through advice, and stressing the importance of combating terrorism and its remnants.

The statement added, "The regional developments of common interest were also discussed, as the need to defuse the crises surrounding the region, and to support the paths of dialogue and convergence, to reduce tensions and prevent the outbreak of conflicts."

Salih stressed "the important and pivotal role of Iraq in the region, as it represents an element of stability and consensus, and economic, commercial and developmental interdependence, in a way that achieves security and stability for the countries and peoples of the region."

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

McGurk: America will not use the skies, land and waters of Iraq as a base to attack its neighborhood

{Political: Al-Furat News} National Security Adviser, Qassem Al-Araji, discussed in his office today, Sunday, the Coordinator of the US National Security Council for the Middle East and North Africa, Brett McGurk, and his accompanying delegation, in the presence of the US Ambassador in Baghdad, Matthew Tueller, the security and political situation in Iraq. Iraq and the region, and discuss the latest developments at the regional and international levels.

According to a statement by the National Security Council, Al-Furat News obtained a copy of it, "the commitment of the United States of America to the outputs of the strategic framework with Iraq," noting that "his country, according to the agreement, will not use Iraq's sky, land and water as a springboard to attack neighboring countries, again." Emphasizing his country's support to strengthen Iraqi capabilities in the face of terrorism. 

He stressed that "the United States of America does not pose any threat to any country," noting that "the common enemy is the terrorist organization ISIS," noting that "the strategic interest of the United States lies in a strong, sovereign Iraqi government and a strong Iraq."

For his part, al-Araji indicated that "dialogue with others is important, and that the Iraqi government works with everyone," stressing that "the truce is in the interest of the country, and that Iraq seeks to bypass the stage and move towards consolidating its security and stability and strengthening its capabilities in all fields."

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

"the commitment of the United States of America to the outputs of the Strategic Framework Agreement with Iraq," noting that "his country (USA), according to the agreement, will not use Iraq's sky, land and water as a springboard to attack neighboring countries, again." Emphasizing his country's (USA) support system" rel="">support to strengthen Iraqi capabilities in the face of terrorism. He stressed that "the United States of America does not pose any threat to any country," noting that "the common enemy is the terrorist organization ISIS," noting that "the strategic interest of the United States lies in a strong, sovereign Iraqi government and a strong Iraq."

As I stated several times, the US will still have a significant military presence to protect our  huge US Embassy, but also will still function in an advispry capacity to Iraqi security forces. :salute:RON

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

%D9%85%D8%AD%D9%85%D9%88%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9

Today, Tuesday, Mahmoud Al-Rubaie, A Spokesman For The Political Bureau Of The Sadiqoon Movement, Described The Presence Of The American Forces Under The Pretext Of Training And Advice As An Occupation Of Another Kind, Noting That The American Presence In Iraq Affected The Internal Development Movements.

Al-Rubaie Said, In A Statement To Al-Ahd News, That “The Survival Of American Forces Under The Pretext Of Training And Advice Is An Occupation Of Another Kind,” Noting That “The American Interventions Have Severe Impacts On Iraq, And This Is Represented In The Political And Popular Crisis And Interference By Preventing A Number Of Projects.”

He Pointed Out That "The Blood Of The Iraqis Is Flowing Under The Illegal American Occupation," Stressing That "The Time Has Come To Put An End To The Suffering Of The Iraqi People And End The American Occupation On Iraqi Lands With All Its Names."

• Thanks 1

Baghdad: Ali Abdul Khaliq

Iraq is preparing by the end of this year to end the combat missions of the American forces on its soil, after four rounds in the framework of the so-called strategic dialogue, which eventually culminated in transferring the relationship to training and advisory roles, with the exchange of intelligence information, and despite this, the arrangement of the presence of these forces is still the subject of unfinished discussion. Yet, there are political concerns regarding the formation of the next government, which will have to face renewed security challenges in the north and south.
Adviser to Prime Minister Hussein Allawi believes that "Mustafa Al-Kazemi succeeded in transferring Iraqi-American relations - through rounds of strategic dialogue - from the military track to the political, economic, cultural, health, environment and education tracks, as well as partnership in building military, security and intelligence capabilities," noting that "" The two previous governments did not succeed in closing the file of the international coalition, despite the fact that the date for the departure of the combat forces was supposed to be the year 2017.
Allawi added to "Al-Sabah", that "after 18 years, we will not find combat forces, but Iraq will have partners who will work with us to build Iraq's military capabilities with joint non-combat programs, whether through the international coalition and its advisers for assistance and empowerment, or cooperation with the non-combat mission of NATO and the Union European". For his part, security expert Ahmed Al-Sharifi told Al-Sabah that Iraq is still committed to the Strategic Framework Agreement with the United States, as well as the international plan in the field of assisting Iraq in its ongoing war on terrorism, and any change in these agreements requires notification to the other party and Then inform the United Nations that it is an internationally registered agreement.”
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

•  Time: 12/13/2021 20:18:01
  •  
  •  Reading: 1,001 times
White House: There are no longer American combat forces in Iraq

{Political: Al Furat News} The White House confirmed today, Monday, that there are no longer American combat forces in Iraq.

And media reports quoted the White House as saying, "The remaining coalition forces in Iraq are limited to advising to confront ISIS."

And she noted that "the coalition forces will provide advice in Iraq at the invitation of the government."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 4

Big difference in opinion between Mahmoud Al-Rubaie, A Spokesman For The Political Bureau Of The Sadiqoon Movement (pro Iran) and Adviser to Prime Minister, Hussein Allawi.  Allawi  stated that " Iraq is still committed to the Strategic Framework Agreement with the United States", which is Iraq's official position. Also that  "Iraq will have partners who will work with us to build Iraq's military capabilities with joint non-combat programs."

As mentioned before, we will have a military presence in Iraq, but with a different role.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Sorry...I meant to quote Yota...

{Political: Al Furat News} The White House confirmed today, Monday, that there are no longer American combat forces in Iraq.

And media reports quoted the White House as saying, "The remaining coalition forces in Iraq are limited to advising to confront ISIS."

And she noted that "the coalition forces will provide advice in Iraq at the invitation of the government."

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

The news is very murky regarding the Kuwait debt . My research showed that very little was left to be paid back , as if they were stalling to pay it back ,and not for the reason that they could not pay it back . My guess is that Kuwait and a bunch of other countries  have pre  rv/ri dinar .

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

14 hours ago, yota691 said:

this is a some kind of conflicting article to confuse the readers.  I prefer wait and see what they do, not what they say.