Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament session begins to vote on vacant bags

yota691

10 minutes ago, yota691 said:

I'm OK CL but have many issue dealing with Health with Family. Palliative care

Yota/John........you, and family, have been in my prayers......

The good book says he'll never give you more than you can handle.....but man, in my life sometimes those limits have really been pushed......stay well my friend!     CL

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, yota691 said:

The Iraqi parliament completes the vote on 7 ministerial portfolios

The Iraqi Parliament
 June 06 2020 04:10 PM

Mubasher: The Iraqi Council of Representatives has completed voting on the ministerial cabinet presented by Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi.

The Media Department of the House of Representatives stated in a statement received by the Iraqi News Agency (INA) that the House of Representatives voted on Ihsan Abdul Jabbar Ismail, Minister of Oil, and Fuad Muhammad Hussein Baki, Minister of Foreign Affairs.

The statement added that the council also voted on Salar Abdel-Sattar Mohamed Hussein, Minister of Justice, Hassan Nazim Abdel Hammadi, Minister of Culture, Tourism and Antiquities, Alaa Ahmed Hassan Obaid, Minister of Trade, Muhammad Karim Jasim Salih, Minister of Agriculture, and Ivan Faiq Yaqoub Jabro as Minister of Immigration and Displacement.

The department added that the House of Representatives also voted to authorize the Prime Minister to create a state ministry to be its minister for the Turkmen component in order to encourage components and participate in building the state.

Voting has never been so smooth.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

The Iraqi Parliament
 June 06 2020 04:10 PM

Mubasher: The Iraqi Council of Representatives has completed voting on the ministerial cabinet presented by Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi.

The Media Department of the House of Representatives stated in a statement received by the Iraqi News Agency (INA) that the House of Representatives voted on Ihsan Abdul Jabbar Ismail, Minister of Oil, and Fuad Muhammad Hussein Baki, Minister of Foreign Affairs.

The statement added that the council also voted on Salar Abdel-Sattar Mohamed Hussein, Minister of Justice, Hassan Nazim Abdel Hammadi, Minister of Culture, Tourism and Antiquities, Alaa Ahmed Hassan Obaid, Minister of Trade, Muhammad Karim Jasim Salih, Minister of Agriculture, and Ivan Faiq Yaqoub Jabro as Minister of Immigration and Displacement.

The department added that the House of Representatives also voted to authorize the Prime Minister to create a state ministry to be its minister for the Turkmen component in order to encourage components and participate in building the state.

Minister of Oil done? :bananacamel:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pitcher said:

I just reread this thread.  That was exciting.  A complete Government is something that hasn’t happened in years.  This is great news.  Thanks to Yota for the play by play.  

I too just went through all the pages to catch up. A completed GOI, I am happy that I was sitting down when I was reading that. 

2 hours ago, yota691 said:

Thanks and GM Everyone, but I been off lately, still dealing with many Family issue, but still following trying to keep update. 

So true Yota, that we appreciate everything you do here and as of right now a "Thank You" or a "Green Emerald" is the best we can do until we meet in person. Family first my friend, you can never replace those moments. 

2 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

247.......big turnout.....  CL 

247 is a hugh turnout, just maybe we have a group that wants to get things done, plus Fateh Leader Amiri resigning. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, siberian_shaddow said:

Much Appreciated Yota, I know you are getting a lot of prayers from your other family DV. It is actually a relief to see they are getting things done without sandle throwing. I agree Gregp, Smooth is the new word for iraq, they are killing it right now, and the world is watching.

Wanted to give this a special note to both Siberian Shaddow and Yota. The Power of Prayer has done wonders. There are a ton of us that are doing it daily for others in a time like this right now and it is doing miracles.   

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Kurds secure cabinet positions as Baghdad fills vacant ministries

30 minutes ago
The Iraqi parliament as pictured in October 2018. File photo: AFP
The Iraqi parliament as pictured in October 2018. File photo: 

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region -  Two Kurds have been appointed as ministers under Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi as lawmakers voted on the vacant cabinet positions after months of uncertainty.

Fuad Hussein of the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) is now Iraq’s foreign minister, joining Judge Salar Abdulsatar – of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK)  - appointed as justice minister on Saturday. 

Kurds now hold three of 22 cabinet positions, with Nazanin Mohammed previously voted in as Construction, Housing, Municipalities, and Public Works minister.

"My cabinet is now complete with today's vote," Kadhimi tweeted.

"This is vital in implementing our program and delivering on our commitments to our people - who are waiting for actions, not words."

"We will move forward with optimism and fortitude," Kadhimi added.

The Iraqi parliament initially approved Kadhimi's government at an emergency session on May 7, but seven ministries were left vacant as several candidates were rejected by lawmakers.

The other five ministers appointed on Saturday include Ihsan al-Shammari as oil minister, Mohammed Karim Jasim as agriculture minister, Alla Ahmed Hassan, as trade minister, Hassan Nazim as tourism and culture minister and Ivan Fayaq as migration minister.

Who is Fuad Hussein?

Iraq's former finance minister, Hussein is a seasoned politician and a close confidant to former Kurdistan Region president and KDP leader Masoud Barzani.

Hussein's appointment is in line with the 2003 sectarian consensus, in which ministries are divided up among Iraq's three biggest groups - Shiites, Sunnis, and Kurds - with some positions reserved for minority groups. 

Born in the Kurdish-majority city of Khanaqin in 1946, Hussein moved to the Iraqi capital in 1967, graduating from Baghdad University's College of Education four years later.

While in Baghdad, Hussein joined the Kurdish Student Union and the KDP.

After the collapse of the Kurdish armed revolution in 1975, he joined the newly-founded PUK then moved to the Netherlands in the same year.

He resigned from the PUK in 1984, becoming an independent political activist and observer of Middle Eastern affairs. In 1987, he became deputy head of the then-fledgling Kurdish Institute in Paris, the first Kurdish cultural institution of its kind in Europe.

Hussein was an active member of the opposition movement against Saddam Hussein, participating in Iraqi opposition conferences from as early as 1991.

In the wake of the Baath regime's demise in 2003, Hussein returned to Iraq and rejoined the KDP. Shortly after, he was appointed senior advisor at Iraq's Ministry of Education to play a role in drawing up new curricula for Iraqi schools, before returning to the Kurdistan Region in 2005 to become President Masoud Barzani's Chief of Staff.

Jwan Jawdat, who worked alongside Hussein for 14 years at the KRG Presidency during Masoud Barzani's tenure as president, described Hussein as a "very long-sighted", with a knack for international
relations.

"He is very professional and deals with work affairs by the book. He is someone who follows up and pays attention to details," she added.

Hussein maintained good ties with other parties on the tumultuous Kurdish political scene while chief of staff for the former president, colleagues say.

"He is a real negotiator and always in favour of a peaceful resolution of matters," a colleague told Rudaw on the condition of anonymity.

Iraq's new justice minister

A newcomer to the political scene, relatively little is known about Abdulsatar.

Born in 1957 in Kirkuk, Abdulsatar holds a  bachelor degree in law and worked as judge at the Al-Rusafa Investigation Court in Baghdad.  In 2015, he was promoted to the president of the Federal Appeal Court of Al Rusafa.

In 2018, he became the president of the Shwan Town Court in Kirkuk province, and  is also a member of the Iraq's Public Committee of Judges.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

21 hours ago, yota691 said:

Thanks and GM Everyone, I have been off lately, still dealing with many Family issue....

Family is ALWAYS first, Yota. And thanks for valuable time to keep us updated. The news is pointing to an end of our 'ride'.

Soon, me hopes!

:praying:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/6/2020 at 9:17 AM, yota691 said:

Thanks and GM Everyone, but I been off lately, still dealing with many Family issue, but still following trying to keep update. 

Appreciate all u bring yota , a few years ago i was on another dinar site and someone stated yota @ dv was giving constant updates as they were unfolding ( goi was in session voting on stuff ) , i thought who is this yota and came back here kinda like people flock to see a fire burning a structure , life is filled as we all know with so many trials , test's and difficult times ( as well as good times ) not to be religious some get offended , but the God of the Bible has always been the source of my strength & endurance thru it all never failing when i fully surrender , when Im weak He is strong ... Pace yourself , God , Family then others ... cheers 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1