Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iranian official calls for negotiations with Washington in Iraq

yota691

Date of release: 2018/9/3 16:04 • 3 times read
Israel hints at the possibility of targeting Iranians in Iraq

Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman hinted that the Zionist entity might attack military objects suspected of being Iranian in Iraq, as it did dozens of air strikes in Syria.
"We are monitoring everything that is happening in Syria for sure and for the Iranian threats, we are not limiting ourselves to Syrian territory," Lieberman told a conference in Jerusalem. 
Asked if this included Iraq, Lieberman said: "I say that we will deal with any Iranian threat and it does not matter where Israel's freedom comes from and we reserve the right to act."
  • Upvote 1

On 9/2/2018 at 12:02 AM, 3n1 said:

here's a brilliant idea ... replace the usd with iraq's own national currency with added value then no need for a dual currency use any longer  especially the rial it has little power  ..  thanks butifldrm

You should receive a green emerald from all that want this done.  :twothumbs:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/2/2018 at 12:02 AM, 3n1 said:

here's a brilliant idea ... replace the usd with iraq's own national currency with added value then no need for a dual currency use any longer  especially the rial it has little power  ..  thanks butifldrm

There you go...pretty simple...makes a whole lotta sense to me!!!🇺🇸👍

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, yota691 said:

Iranian analysts expect Iran's oil exports to fall below 700,000 bpd, stressing that the Iranian authorities have no choice but to engage in negotiations with the United States and accept the 12 conditions of the US State Department, including negotiations on Iranian ballistic missiles, Neighboring countries and the region.

Great news!!!!

Yota, Thanks for all your amazing work!!

• Upvote 1

Convoy of Iranian Forces Was Bombed Near US Base in Syria, Report Says

Convoy of Iranian Forces Was Bombed Near U.S. Base in Syria, Report Says

A convoy of Iranian forces was hit by air strikes near the U.S.' Al-Tanf base in Syria, as reported on Monday by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which monitors victims of the fighting, Haaretz reported on Monday.

According to the report, an Iranian citizen, four Syrians and three non-Syrian combatants were killed in the attack.

Rami Abdel Rahman, the chairman of the Syrian organization, whose headquarters are in London, said that it was not known who was responsible for the attack. 

The AFT news agency turned to the U.S.-led anti-ISIS coalition asking whether it had bombed the convoy, but there was no response.
The site of the strike is located near Syria's borders withIraq and Jordan.

The report of the attack came at a time when Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif was visiting Damascus for talks with senior Syrian officials, in advance of the battle for Idlib in the northwest of the country, which is considered the last major rebel enclave. It was the second time in a week that a senior Iranian official visited Syria.

Iran's defense minister arrived in Damascus last week and signed an agreement for defensive cooperative between the two countries. Tehran has provided Syrian President Bashar Assad with military support in recent years in his war against the rebel forces opposing his regime.

Sunday saw a report in Syria about an aerial strike near the Al Mezzeh military airport in Damascus, which was attributed to Israel. According to a source in the pro-Assad regional alliance, Syria's aerial defense systems shot down the Israeli missiles. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said that two military men were killed and another 11 were wounded.

On Friday Iranian President Hassan Rohani, Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan are scheduled to meet in Iran to discuss developments in Syria. "I believe that the meeting will be successful and beneficial for the region, the people ofSyria and the struggle against terror," said Bahram Qassemi, a spokesman for the Iranian Defense Ministry, to Iran's Fars news agency.

Qassemi added that Idlib is one of the most complex issues on the agenda, and said that Damascus "is determined to put an end to this catastrophe. The Syrian government has a right to fight terror in the region. Iran, as a supporter of the government, is present and will continue with its assistance as long as the Syrian government is interested."

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/31321/Convoy-of-Iranian-Forces-Was-Bombed-Near-US-Base-in-Syria-Report-Says

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Israeli strikes against Iran targets in Iraq include IMIS HQs

The expected Israeli strikes against Iranian targets in Iraq will include IMIS Militias headquarters, well-informed sources said Monday. 

Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman indicated Monday that Israelcould hit Iranian targets in Iraq, days after the Reuters news agency reported that Tehran was providing ballistic missiles and training to loyalist militias there.

“As for the threat from Iran, we are not limiting ourselves to Syria. That should be clear,” Liberman told a conference organized by Hadashot TV news.

Asked specifically if this included Iraq, the defense minister answered: “I’m saying we will handle any Iranian threat, no matter where it comes from. We are maintaining the right to act… and any threat or anything else that comes up is dealt with.”

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/31308/Israeli-strikes-against-Iran-targets-in-Iraq-include-IMIS-HQs

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Hey, Pitcher, I trust You are having some "out of this world" BBQ at Your home with Your family and Abadi this weekend. Please give Abadi my regards and encourage him to push that elusive RV button now that the largest Iraqi Parliament blocK has been announced.

I have run out of emeralds and trophies for now. So, please accept++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++until I get restocked.

In The Mean Time..............................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Thanks 1

Karroubi's criticism could be final warning for Khamenei : experts

Observers described the scathing criticism of Iran's leading opposition leader Mehdi Karroubi against Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah AliKhamenei as a raging fire.

They said such critical statements were made at a very critical time as Khamenei is now between a rock and a hard place, the harsh US sanctions and the massive Iranian uprising that call for ending his disgrace regime.

They also described Karroubi's call upon the influential Assembly of Experts (AE) to makeKhamenei accountable for three decades of policies that have pushed the country into its current situation as a severe blow to the Iranian supreme leader and his regime.

Karroubi, a Green Movement opposition leader, has called upon the AE to hold Khamenei accountable for three decades of policies that have pushed the country to its current situation and stop showering the Islamic Republic’s Supreme Leader with “praise and eulogy”

The AE has a constitutional role to supervise the Supreme Leader.

“In the absence of effective supervision of AE over the Leader and institutions directly controlled by him, including the Guardian Council, the Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), Baseej militia, judiciary, state radio and TV, as well numerous foundations and economic entities across Iran, the country and its people have been irrevocably damaged in the past three decades,” the Green Movement leader wrote in his letter.

Karroubi, a former speaker of parliament, said the constitution needs another amendment in favor of putting the ruling establishment under the nation’s supervision and forever end the era of power being monopolized by a single individual.

He said Khamenei should explain the reasons behind the involvement of IRGC, Baseej militia and Police in banking and oil trade.

“I explicitly say that under such management, the country has been pushed back to the pre-constitution Qajar dynasty era,” he wrote.

In 2011, Karroubi, former Prime Minister Mir Hossein Mousavi and his wife Zahra Rahnavard were placed under house arrest after they challenged the 2009 presidential election.

This is Karroubi’s second letter this year in which he violently criticizes the policies of the Supreme Leader.

Last March, Karroubi had addressed a letter toKhamenei saying he should be blamed for the country’s chaotic political, economic, cultural and social conditions.

Meanwhile, Karroubi has urged the AE to investigate the role of Friday Prayer Leaders and military and economic entities under Khamenei’s direct supervision in pushing the country into the current regretful situation.

“Why don’t you raise questions about the interference of IRGC commanders in political and economic affairs of the country?” Karroubi has insisted, adding, “Why have you kept mum against the interference of a number of Friday Prayer Leaders in the country’s executive affairs?”

In the meantime, Karroubi has urged AE members to investigate the cases of an opposition leader’s wife, Zahra Rahnavard who is under house arrest, prominent detained lawyers and human rights activists, Nargess Mohammadi, Abdolfattah Soltani, Qassem Sho’leh Sa’di, as well as the case of imprisoned Gonabadi dervishes, students, workers, teachers and women.

Lambasting the Islamic Republic’s judiciary,Karroubi has lamented, “Iran’s justice department is in ruins and people are witnessing justice slaughtered on a daily basis.”

Analysts at the time suggested that the letter was the death blow to all hopes for lifting the house arrest.

Later, Karroubi said that the saga of house arrests would never end until the death of one of the two sides involved in it, Karroubi or Khamenei.

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/31299/Karroubi-s-criticism-could-be-final-warning-for-Khamenei-experts

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Thank you Synopsis.  I’m trying to lose some weight so no BBQ, just some good ole relaxation.  I hope you are having a great Holiday!

Im not holding my breath on the RV but I like the most recent news.  

:twothumbs: AND Thank You for all these VERY informative articles, Pitcher, AND All The Very Best To You!!! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Thanks 1

I’m sure some of you wonder why I post so many articles on Iran. To me so many of Iraq’s politics and problems come from Iran.  The more I read the more I’m coming to the conclusion that the two countries are so entangled in everything from politics, religion,  economics and trade that it is going to be tough to cease close relations just because of a new government.  When you read about Iranian militias operating freely in Iraq and are being supplied with Iranian missiles you just hope the new government can curtail that kind of activity.  We don’t need Israel bombing those militias in Iraq. 

If Iraq is truly going to be a sovereign nation that can stand on its own two feet it must boot Iranian militias and all their military out of the Iraqi borders.  Hopefully the sanctions will eventually get Iran to change their policies in the ME or better yet have a regime change.

I’m hoping to be reading more articles like the one above and hoping the new Iraqi government can suppress the Iranian sympathetic politicians and FINALLY get Iraq going.  I nice RV would help jump start the process. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

The expected Israeli strikes against Iranian targets in Iraq will include IMIS Militias headquarters, well-informed sources said Monday. 

Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman indicated Monday that Israelcould hit Iranian targets in Iraq, days after the Reuters news agency reported that Tehran was providing ballistic missiles and training to loyalist militias there.

“As for the threat from Iran, we are not limiting ourselves to Syria. That should be clear,” Liberman told a conference organized by Hadashot TV news.

Asked specifically if this included Iraq, the defense minister answered: “I’m saying we will handle any Iranian threat, no matter where it comes from. We are maintaining the right to act… and any threat or anything else that comes up is dealt with.”

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/31308/Israeli-strikes-against-Iran-targets-in-Iraq-include-IMIS-HQs

I suggested this could happen last Thursday or Friday after reading about the Iranian missles moving into Iran .

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Thank you Synopsis.  I’m trying to lose some weight so no BBQ, just some good ole relaxation.  I hope you are having a great Holiday!

Im not holding my breath on the RV but I like the most recent news.  

I’ve lost about 20 lbs, now keeping it off seems to be the next challenge 🙂

• Thanks 2

Yes New York Kevin. The missile deployment in Iraq is a very dangerous development.  You have to wonder how long the US can keep Israel from defending itself from a growing Iranian threat.  We’ve had two major wars in Iraq, the conflict in Syria, and Israel has remained fairly quiet.  With Iran getting more and more brazen in their expansion of its militias and military throughout the ME you know its just a matter of time before they act.   I’ve said it before and I’m sure I’ll say it again, get rid of Iranian military expansion and the ME will be a lot more peaceful.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pitcher said:

Great job Fred!!  Keep up the good work.!!!!

I’m down 15 and have a few more to go.  It’s real easy. Put down the fork and stop eating empty junk food calories.  

Lol thanks, you must be spying 👀 on me 😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2Iranian rial hits record low at 128,000 to the dollar

1301596-238801569.jpg?itok=m-sBnRS0

Updated 03 September 2018

• The dollar was being offered for as much as 128,000 rials, according to foreign exchange website Bonbast.com
  • A set of US sanctions targeting Iran’s oil industry is due to take effect in November
The Iranian rial hit a record low against the US dollar on the unofficial market on Monday amid a deterioration in the economic situation and the reimposition of sanctions by the US.
The dollar was being offered for as much as 128,000 rials, according to foreign exchange website Bonbast.com, which tracks the unofficial market.
The currency has been volatile for months because of a weak economy, financial difficulties at local banks and heavy demand for dollars among Iranians who fear the pullout of Washington from a landmark 2015 nuclear deal and renewed US sanctions could shrink Iran’s exports of oil and other goods.
A set of US sanctions targeting Iran’s oil industry is due to take effect in November.
Last week, Iran’s parliament sacked the minister of economic affairs and finance, the latest in a continuing shakeup of top economic personnel. In early August Iranian lawmakers voted out the minister of labor and in July President Hassan Rouhani replaced the head of the central bank.
Protests linked to the tough economic situation in Iran erupted last December, spreading to more than 80 cities and towns and resulting in 25 deaths.
Sporadic protests, led by truck drivers, farmers and merchants in Tehran’s bazaar, have continued since then and have occasionally resulted in violent confrontations with security forces.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Both Iraq and iran currency , in the dumps , and one is sitting like a king , just afraid to hit the button , that ( in my thinking ) would put a flood of need for their currency ,  1to 1  their currency would flow in and out the central bank president would get dizzy trying to figure out who is making money ! 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

I’m sure some of you wonder why I post so many articles on Iran. To me so many of Iraq’s politics and problems come from Iran.  The more I read the more I’m coming to the conclusion that the two countries are so entangled in everything from politics, religion,  economics and trade that it is going to be tough to cease close relations just because of a new government.  When you read about Iranian militias operating freely in Iraq and are being supplied with Iranian missiles you just hope the new government can curtail that kind of activity.  We don’t need Israel bombing those militias in Iraq. 

If Iraq is truly going to be a sovereign nation that can stand on its own two feet it must boot Iranian militias and all their military out of the Iraqi borders.  Hopefully the sanctions will eventually get Iran to change their policies in the ME or better yet have a regime change.

I’m hoping to be reading more articles like the one above and hoping the new Iraqi government can suppress the Iranian sympathetic politicians and FINALLY get Iraq going.  I nice RV would help jump start the process. 

I really appreciate Your take as always, Pitcher!!! :twothumbs:

I've been pondering the Iranian presence in Iran for quite some time. As detrimental as the JCPOA has been, there may be a silver lining.

The Insanians have been enjoying lifted sanctions for some time since the implementation of the JCPOA and have expanded their operations. With The United States Of America withdrawal from the JCPOA, the hurt is really on the Insanians now being entirely overextended. The Insanian deployment of ballistic missiles is, to me, a desperate attempt to keep their foiled plans alive.

With the Insanian deployment of the ballistic missiles in Iraq and other places, the rest of the JCPOA members cannot dispute the UN Security Council 2231 resolution. Otherwise, there is egg on their faces. Actually, there is egg on their faces and they will want to wipe it off and keep it off.

The possible silver lining to all this is the Insanians will realize the dire consequences of deploying their agenda and will get clipped big time without completely withdrawing their IMIS, IRGC, and whatever else like PRONTO from Iraq and other Middle East places!!!

There may be some "shock and awe" via Israel and/or The United States Of America to "encourage" the Insanians to completely retract ALL their deployments. I would not be surprised if there is an immediate contraction of all the last 40 years of nefarious Insanian activities in the Middle East so that Iran can even survive on life support.

Hey, Ole Donald even gave the Middle East the Middle Finger by locking down 4 trillion USD of Middle Eastern funds. Oh, Yeah, terrorism is getting the hurt BIG TIME.

I suspect the leisurely and tidal action will get very quick and unidirectional in the very near term.

So, OK, I remain the eternal optimist here in our investment while cautiously optimistic the Insanians will HAVE to make a hasty withdrawal from Iraq with the dire consequences facing the Insanians.

Just my conjecture, thoughts, opinion, and :twocents: for whatever THAT is worth!!! CAVEAT EMPTOR, Reader!!! :o

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Pitcher it is always good to see the whole picture and keep up the good work.  Your articles are greatly appreciated along with others

that contribute with well thought out opinions.  We are a lucky group to have you all.  ++++ :tiphat:

• Like 2

Thank you nannab.  Appreciate the kind words but I’m just trying to do my small part to make the site better.  I’m the lucky one to have the benefit of so many intelligent posters who help us figure out this investment..  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Washington is blocking Israeli action in Iraq and is entrusting the mission to Trump

2 hours ago

Washington is blocking Israeli action in Iraq and is entrusting the mission to Trump
Washington is trying to keep Iraq out of Israeli activity, unlike Syria (an archival picture of an Israeli fighter)

Arbil (Kurdistan 24) - Israeli media reported that Washington has asked Tel Aviv not to attack any "targets" inside Iraqi territory.

This came after Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman hinted that Israel would bomb "Iranian military positions" in Iraq as it does in Syria.

According to Iranian, Iraqi and Western sources, Iran has supplied its allies in Iraq with short-range ballistic missiles, according to Reuters.

But the Iraqi government and its Iranian counterpart denied this information.

The Israeli channel Kan reported that the United States had asked Israel not to attack targets in Iraq as part of Israeli policy to stop Iranian interference in the Middle East.

The channel quoted Western sources as saying that "the American request was transferred to Israel in recent weeks following information received by Washington."

Washington has been trying to keep Iraq out of Israeli activity, unlike Syria, which has been under repeated Israeli bombardment of elected targets.

The Iraqi government has not reacted to the Israeli threat at a time when countries have been at war for many years.

Western sources said, according to the channel that the administration of US President Donald Trump is concerned with the exclusive handling of Iranian intervention in Iraq.

According to Reuters sources, Iran has provided those missiles to the factions loyal to them to ward off potential attacks on its interests in the Middle East and to have a means to hit its opponents in the region.

Iraqi officials said the rockets owned by the popular crowd were made locally and had a range of only 50 kilometers.

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Iranian official calls for negotiations with Washington in Iraq
  • yota691 locked this topic