Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Small Denoms are being Issued at Military Finance Offices

Chief V

Well spoke with one friend as the others were gone to the defac for brekkie. So far they have not heard chiefs news, but she said it would not surprise her as the USD is being fazed out and the Eagle Card is being used more and more. She takes anything the locals say with a grain of salt as they fib alot. She will head over to finance later and email me as it will be past my bedtime then.

Chief's news looks encouraging, should know more tomorrow.

pp

Pokerplayer, that was darn nice of you to come back here and let us know. Thanks ever so much for taking the time.

I have been watching and reading also, with great anticipation. Let's see what tomorrow brings. Cheers, GOooooo RV... :lol::P:D

Alright folks, I'm not posting this in Rumors for it is a fact. I have confirmed that Military Finance Offices in Baghdad, Victory and Liberty have both been issuing small denominations. As soon as I have a scanned copy I will post them. This is in relation to what I posted this morning on that silly Guru thingy.

Again, as soon as I have a scanned copy of them, I will post. One of my buddies is actually going to get some for me as well.

This is good news, and coincidental how it's happening during the closure of the banks and CBI Auctions. :D

You GO CHIEF!! FIND THAT SMOKING GUN!!! :D

so i can finally come home! i been here way tooo long although i enjoy my work...LOL :D

Well spoke with one friend as the others were gone to the defac for brekkie. So far they have not heard chiefs news, but she said it would not surprise her as the USD is being fazed out and the Eagle Card is being used more and more. She takes anything the locals say with a grain of salt as they fib alot. She will head over to finance later and email me as it will be past my bedtime then.

pp

If anything AAFEES related like their Bizaare, side shops, or the Food Vendors start to take Dinar, that would be HUGE but I dont expect the main PX to go Dinar. If they did, they'd be announcing that way way in advance. I've also asked supervisors there at the PX about if they would ever go dinar and I would get strange looks. heheheh

But there are some possibilities because they have Bank of Baghdad which could act as a money exchange.

Obbviously, the APO will not go Dinar. I dont see that.

I think the Eagle Cash Card is only being used more because the cash advances had been cut to like $200 and its MUCH safer for anyone to carry a card than actual cash which is a point I've seen promoted.

At this time, I have yet to be told that we are no longer getting cash advances. If that were true, that would cause an uproar but personally I would be happy! :D

Now anything outside of the AAFEES mafia could go dinar. :D That would be a great thing to see.

:eek: Awesome, awesome news Chief! Thanks for your many services - both in always reporting what you know & for that of our country... we are blessed to have you on this site. We'll all be in heavy anticipation, looking for what we hope pans out to be a fantastic confirmation on what you heard today via both yours & Pokerplayer's follow-ups!! Thanks again for everything! :eek:

I can't explain that Zan, they've got the coins on there, and show that they are not in circulation but they are being sold on www.silvergreetings.com, I can't explain that either. I'm sure there's a reasoning for it, maybe to keep down the hype, but remember all the banks are closed until the 11th, and I'd imagine CBI is doing their own thing and more than likely will post those bills after the RV. JMO

Chief..where exactly are your friends? Didn't the military pull out of Baghdad?

• Upvote 1

pp

post ure findings asap, collaboration is a good thing!

I can't explain that Zan, they've got the coins on there, and show that they are not in circulation but they are being sold on www.silvergreetings.com, I can't explain that either. I'm sure there's a reasoning for it, maybe to keep down the hype, but remember all the banks are closed until the 11th, and I'd imagine CBI is doing their own thing and more than likely will post those bills after the RV. JMO

The coins that are being sold on silvergreetings were the ones released in 2004 and then retracted because there was no need for them and they were very unpopular....they are not of legal tender and cant be used....not quite the ones we are waiting for unfortunately......when you do get pics of the new bills please do post them cause im anxious to see them!! thanks cheif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Alright folks, I'm not posting this in Rumors for it is a fact. I have confirmed that Military Finance Offices in Baghdad, Victory and Liberty have both been issuing small denominations. As soon as I have a scanned copy I will post them. This is in relation to what I posted this morning on that silly Guru thingy.

Again, as soon as I have a scanned copy of them, I will post. One of my buddies is actually going to get some for me as well.

This is good news, and coincidental how it's happening during the closure of the banks and CBI Auctions. :D

So far all I've heard is singles. One of my guys is going to get me some tomorrow and I'll have him scan them to me so I can post them. I just hope it wasn't a fluke and they weren't issued inadvertantly.

I will post as soon as I get the scans.

V

Yes, but the new denoms as well as the coins are on that site as well. Look at the coins, they're identical to the ones on the CBI website.

My guys in Iraq are all sleeping, so I won't be able to find out anything else until tomorrow, I'll post as soon as I find out.

V

Chief V

Thanks for your posts and the valuable information contained in them...! Good to see you...!

A reminder to all, Frank26 indicated we would need to see the lower denoms available just before the RV/RI...!

I'm hoping & believing for the best for all of us. The GOI indicated they hoped to have things in-line within two days, and positions named by the 13th (Tuesday). I believe you are right-on with your information.

Go RV/RI...!!!

Be Blessed Steve,

RON B):D

• Upvote 2

Having 1 dinar is good but, I still think that fractional dinars needs to be issued when it RVs. Please correct me if I am wrong

Chief V

Thanks for your posts and the valuable information contained in them...! Good to see you...!

A reminder to all, Frank26 indicated we would need to see the lower denoms available just before the RV/RI...!

I'm hoping & believing for the best for all of us. The GOI indicated they hoped to have things in-line within two days,

and positions named by the 13th (Tuesday). I believe you are right-on with your information. Go RV/RI...!!!

Be Blessed Steve,

RON B):D

In addition, Frank26 (if I read his secret lingo correctly), has stated in the comment section of his week-end posts that he, too, has some kind of LD (lower denominations) intel he is waiting to confirm. Over the infamous July 4th week-end, I posted those "comments" that pertained to that particular time-frame & were scattered throughout his thread when Brass did his main post Fri-Sun. I opted not to do so this time b/c it's really the only thing of any "meat" in his comments thus far tonight. If he says anything further to substantiate tomorrow or Sunday, I will post them if no one else beats me to it. Hope Chief & Pokerplayer find something before then though!

• Upvote 2

In addition, Frank26 (if I read his secret lingo correctly), has stated in the comment section of his week-end posts that he, too, has some kind of LD (lower denominations) intel he is waiting to confirm. Over the infamous July 4th week-end, I posted those "comments" that pertained to that particular time-frame & were scattered throughout his thread when Brass did his main post Fri-Sun. I opted not to do so this time b/c it's really the only thing of any "meat" in his comments thus far tonight. If he says anything further to substantiate tomorrow or Sunday, I will post them if no one else beats me to it. Hope Chief & Pokerplayer find something before then though!

amen brother!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH CHIEF FOR SHARING THIS INFORMATION AND AGAIN, THANK GOD YOU ARE HOME SAFE!!!!!! Pray with all our heart and soul that this will now be the RI/RV!!!!!!!! Please, please, continue to keep us updated and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

• Upvote 1

Actually these new smaller denoms were printed at the same time as the notes we have now, but they were not released because there was no need for them with the exchange rate so low. It would take a boatload of small denoms to buy anything, so they were saving them for when they RVd the currency. This is one of the first signs of an eminent RV.

yep ... I read that in some doc. somewhere ... just can't recall where....

Chief V,

Glad that you are back safe and sound!

Does anyone have any speculation of how much earlier the lower denominations would be around before rv? Can anyone give a reasonable time frame? Or have any history of how soon Kuwait released any, or did they?

I hope, I hope!

Chief..where exactly are your friends? Didn't the military pull out of Baghdad?

Not as of yet St. Lou, they are slated for closing and archiving of documentation is being done and several sites surrounding Baghdad will be closing, information I'd rather not share on here though due to OPSEC. KPM, hopefully we'll get copies of all the notes, 1/4 notes, 1/2 notes through the 20 note, I've done a mass email to all my buddies who are invested for them to check the different bases that they are on and put the feelers out there. Hopefully hear something today.....I'll definitely keep posted. It's afternoon there right now, and just sent out another email, no word yet.....

V

• Upvote 3