Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Put the house up for sale and then off to Idaho.

nstoolman1

House is going on the market and the better half is starting to go through things for yard sale, storage and Goodwill. I retire at the end of Nov and can't wait. It is an end to a 2 year plan/dream.  One daughter has her papers into transfer to Costco, the other is looking at retail. Will be taking Wife, 2 daughters, MiL and the 2 dogs. We are looking at the town of Middleton.

• Upvote 6

Congratulations nstoolman!  I've been watching your countdown with envy.  I'm not old enough to retire... in fact, I may have one more career left in me!  Idaho is beautiful.  And full of self-reliant folks!  If you haven't already done so, check out the American Redoubt... find you a 'hidie hole' in Idaho!!!    

Best of luck to you   :hug:

• Upvote 4

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. We are looking for a 4 season place. It is a high desert climate. I am tired of a 6-7 month hot spell and lack of water/rain. 

Kids and wife prefer cold so it will work for them. Snow is not bad in the area and being retired I don't have to go out if I don't want to.

I can also exercise my 2nd A right without all the song and dance we do here in California. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

Congrats my dear dear friend...Hubby served the Navy in Pocatello Idaho at the Nuclear Plant teaching (yes he is a rocket scientist). He says it is stupid cold there....we are opting for a beach. 

Wish we had a countdown...I hope soon!!!!

Hey, since you mentioned it...I stopped once ( eons ago...1977) in Pocatello while travelling around by Greyhound...It seemed like a  decent place to spend a couple of days and relax ( at least that 's what appeared to me in 1977...Don't know now)

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...